The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: AEW/NXT Wednesday Night Fight (November 13, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4403
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-14-2019 at 12:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: AEW/NXT Wednesday Night Fight (November 13, 2019)

AEW vs. NXT SNAPSHOT
AEW Weekly Viewership Wins: 5
NXT Weekly Viewership Wins: 0
Ties: 1
Current Streak: None (tie)
Average Total Combined Weekly Audience (including replays/streaming): N/A (hopefully I will be able to find a reliable source for these figures in the near future)

LAST WEEK'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT FIGHT
Live Viewership: A TIE, 800,000 viewers for each show
Total Viewership (including replays and streaming): N/A (ditto)
Which Show Was Better in OOur Expert OOpinion: AEW
Micronalysis: Both shows were hot, with Styles/Gallows/Anderson bringing some sizzle to NXT, and AEW putting some final flourishes on the Full Gear PPV card. But we'll give the nod to AEW for a rare week when some of the entertainment side (especially Jericho and Cody) was just as notable as the always solid in-ring.

THIS WEEK'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT FIGHT

AEW is dealing with fallout from its Full Gear PPV. NXT is building to back-to-back huge events (WarGames, where they battle among themselves, and Survivor Series, where they battle against RAW and SD).

For AEW, that will mean figuring out who should be the next challenger to Chris Jericho's title. As it stands Jericho will be going for a second belt tonight, teaming with Sammy Guevara to face AEW tag champs SoCal Uncensored. Christopher Daniels returned at the PPV, bringing SCU back to full strength, while Jericho's Inner Circle lurks, so a lot of moving pieces that probably ends up with Santana and Ortiz as the next real tag title contenders, while Jericho finds something else to do.

Also: a rubber match between PAC and Adam Page.... Cody Rhodes vs. MJF is a new featured feud, while Moxley vs. Omega is sticking around for at least one more chapter... and for all the world, it seems like Awesome Kong (w/ Brandi Rhodes) is next in line for a women's title shot...

NXT has two potentially amazing matches set in stone, plus the very likely addition of a third major segment featuring an "invasion" from RAW or SD.... I'd think it's SD's "turn," and Bayley/Sasha and/or the Kabuki Warriors would make a lot of sense for a lot of reasons...

The biggest reason is that one of SD's big matches is a Ladder Match between Io Shirai and Mia Yim to determine who has the order-of-entry advantage for WarGames... assume members from each team are present, and having SD's women show up to sow chaos could be fun... Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura would also be pretty sweet...

Either way, teams for WarGames are pretty well set, but neither the men nor the women have decided on teams of 5 for Survivor Series, which I expect to make up a lion's share of tonight's storytelling...

Also: the cruiserweight title is on the line when Lio Rush defends against Angel Garza... there may be bad blood between Dakota Kai and Teagan Nox (or between Kai and the babyface women in general) due to Rhea Ripley axing her from WarGames... and Killian Dain appears to want in on the pre-existing Pete Dunne/Damien Priest feud; after Dunne evened the score at 1 win each, Dain attacked both men last week...

That is all. End communication.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 11-14-2019 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Holy heckballs, Lio and Angel are moving faster than I can keep up with.

And Moxy. Buddy. Just go full Bill Burr and shave it off already.

Lol, Marko Stunt's so smol. #TOOCUTE

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1411
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-14-2019 at 01:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I see Luchasaurus appears to be channeling Beta as the White Ranger currently. I approve.

Hey, my jacket.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1668
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2019 at 01:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I liked the Cruiserweight Title match for the most part, but man, there's no universe in which anyone should be kicking out of that moonsault World's Strongest Slam of Angel Garza's.
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-14-2019 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G. Jonah Jameson
I liked the Cruiserweight Title match for the most part, but man, there's no universe in which anyone should be kicking out of that moonsault World's Strongest Slam of Angel Garza's.

Agreed. Great match but they were both too frequently kicking outta moves that would be legit amazing finishers in days of yore. I'm still heavy on Garza being a NuEddie. Also glad to see Lio got his shit together 'cause he does the flippity-dippity pretty damn good.

In my backstage headcanon I wonder if Lio got advance notice to the whole Lashley/Lana/Rusev fiasco coming and he threw a faux temper tantrum just to get out of participating in it.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1411
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-14-2019 at 02:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The way things have gone with that, Lio could've easily ended up in a diaper playing the part of someone's illegitimate love child.

And I turn back to NXT to find the women are apparently getting murdered outside. They're about a month late for that gimmick to be seasonal. AND NOW A LARGE MAN. After AEW got their own newest large man.

Hey, my jacket.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-14-2019 at 02:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well shit. Maybe I didn't think it through. Now that I think aboat it more and somewhere along the lines of seeing Hand come out of May Young, how dope would it have been to see Rusev and Lashley on either side of a hospital bed with Lana yoked up in stirrups when out comes Lio drippings with goo froms't her vagene? So dope. Hire me to write for you, WWE. I dare you.

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 11-14-2019 at 02:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Orange Cassidy hangs out in the shitter? No wonder he stinks!
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-14-2019 at 02:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WTF was the point of PAC losing to Page at the PPV, only to win in dominat fashion on free TV?

Apparently AEW knows how to WWE.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-14-2019 at 02:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, that was odd. Smoked him too. Huh.

Wonder if it's a function of AEW's bench not being very deep. If so that's gonna be an issue going forward unless there's some miraculous releases from WWE in the near future.

ETA: Holy golly! Mia just had her legit Becky Got Her Face Busted Open moment. #HardwayJuice

I think! I dunno! Shit's gone haywire, y'alls!!!

[Edited on 11-14-2019 by janerd75]

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4104
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-14-2019 at 06:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Jericho/MJF segment was all sorts of awesome. Freaking incredible how consistent Jericho has been since Dynamite debuted.
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8316
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-14-2019 at 06:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Schiavone--" Dani Jordan giving up 43 pounds and seven inches to Nyla Rose..."

I mean... c'mon.

[Edited on 11-14-2019 by punkerhardcore]

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2497
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-14-2019 at 07:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Beth Phoenix rules on commentary.

Keith Lee reaches for the ropes
Beth: I think he's trying to use the Force!
Nigel: That's not going to do him any good.
Beth: ...I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Yeah, I'm a nerd, she's still great.

I kind of thought Dakota might become the fourth member of Team Shayna to get bitter revenge on her friends for leaving her out. Kay Lee Ray is good, too, though. Quite an indictment of the other Horsewomen that the powers that be don't think they're good enough to be in WarGames.

Riddle/Balor at Takeover is going to rule ass.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2492
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-14-2019 at 10:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G. Jonah Jameson

Yeeeah, after seeing he was stealing Bandidoís finisher (that no one kicks out of), i was doubly pissed that it was a kickout. For fuckís sake, way to make us forget about that amazing move. Double fuck you for stealing Bandidoís shit.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/U5wAfLkk2kHxi7k37[/img]

Does not approve

quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
WTF was the point of PAC losing to Page at the PPV, only to win in dominat fashion on free TV?

Apparently AEW knows how to WWE.

Nah, sometimes heels just win a series, man. Donít forget, this a rubber match. Itís a rubber match in a feud based on wrestling. This ainít ďEddie having sex with Dominique and Rey must win in order for it to be booked correctlyĒ...sometimes the heels gotta go over, especially when the heel is actually better than the face. PACís a strong heel right now, and heís building a solid record.

I watched both shows. I think i liked the main event from AEW more than anything epse I saw, because really, when do tag champs actually get the win over THE WORLD CHAMPION AND HIS GOONS?! Cleanly, at that. Fuck, watching Scorpio skyy for 14 years and being able to see his career get to this point...I havenít marked like that in a while. That was REALLY well done. Bravo, AEW, you have not only established a great world champion, but also your tag division.

AEW had some good stuff:

-Cassidy appearing in the bathroom was great.
-Santana and Ortiz are established as modern-day LAX heels. Bust out the coat hangers now, guys.
-Luchasaurus is fucking cool. Dark order isnít so bad now. Uno needs the mic a bit more.
-MJF and Jericho was fun as shit. MJF knocked his first televised promo out of the park.
-Pac vs Hangman was GREAT.
-Darby allin set up his match with Moxley well enough

AEW also had some questionable stuff:

-Marko stunt didnít get squashed
-their womenís division is so bland and blaaaaah.

NXT was great, too:

-Strong vs Lee was a nice, well-laid out match and people responded nicely to the finish.
-at one point, 1/3 of an entire BOLA tournament was in the ring at one time. Very surreal time to be an ďold-schoolĒ indie fan.
-ladder match was awesome. Love both women and Yim took that shit like a champ. And about that...
-Iím glad wrestling crowds arenít collective pieces of shit anymore. Glad they showed Yim the respect for that spot and didnít mark for it like a group of apes.
-go punisher. Love that guy. Dunn, too.

NXT BAD:

-Jonah rock..Bronson Reid..He just ainít got IT, for me.

[Edited on 11-14-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7897
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-14-2019 at 08:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím ok with PAC winning the feud...but feuds should be finished on a PPV. Like if your go is to push PAC (a guy who would be a good opponent for Jericho or Omega once Omega beats Jericho) than donít have them trade wins back and forth.

Or if you have to do that because your roster is shallow....do the match from last night at the PPV.

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1798
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 11-15-2019 at 01:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
-- The latest figures in the ongoing Wednesday night wrestling ratings battle are out and once again, AEW's Dynamite show on TNT prevailed over WWE's NXT show on USA. Dynamite was watched by an average 957,000 viewers while NXT checked in at 750,000. For AEW, it would represent a three week high while for NXT, it was a bit of a drop from last week's 813,000 viewers. On the night, NXT finished #5 in the 18-49 demographic with a 0.43 rating while NXT was down in the #22 spot with a 0.25 rating.

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2492
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-15-2019 at 02:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Iím ok with PAC winning the feud...but feuds should be finished on a PPV. Like if your go is to push PAC (a guy who would be a good opponent for Jericho or Omega once Omega beats Jericho) than donít have them trade wins back and forth.

Or if you have to do that because your roster is shallow....do the match from last night at the PPV.

I see your point. I canít argue with the possibility that it might have been done due to lack of depth on the roster.

At the same time, though, Maybe they wanted PAC to have the definitive win on TV since thatís where most eyes are watching.

niles81
Showstopper

Posts 822
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-16-2019 at 11:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also worth noting - AEW is only doing quarterly PPVs as opposed to monthly so I think you can reasonably expect more feud finishes on TV.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top