The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: The Walking Dead - Season 10
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6126
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: luchasausage

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Walking Dead - Season 10

Funny ain't nOObody talkin' 'bout TWD here considering it's been pretty damned good this season. Like not immediately relative to FTWD's awful recently completed season, but actually good relative to its own better seasons in days of yore. Looks like showrunner Angela Kang finally cracked the code.

Also, hat tip to this surly, charismatic fucker...

Also2, howfudgingever, couldn't Alexandria's resident Brainiac Eugene manufacture some type of fireworks/explosives to set off far from the communities in order to draw Alpha's only weapon away from her and them, namely her massive walker herd? A mere quibble overall...

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2430
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-12-2019 at 07:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Itís been very good, and last nightís episode built well. I think Neganís gonna cut that bitchís head off like a good boy in episode 8, and that will build us towards the inevitable Beta/Negan showdown and the Whisperer War that wraps up season 10.

Negan is the standout of the season, for sure

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6126
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-12-2019 at 08:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't follow the comics to a T but the Interweb has allowed me to look in on the highs and lows of the OG picturebook series and I can honestly say that I hope that they switch it up and the honor goes to Carol as far as Alpha is concerned. I haven't agonized over a character's plight and need for comeuppance this much since Maggie helplessly watched Negan score an in the park home run off Glen's dome back in season 7.

Ultimately I think "reformed" Negan will legit help set up a showdown of Carol vs. Alpha and Daryl vs. Beta. However, from what I've read and from what I know about their character's interactions in the comics combined with what I personally enjoy about CW's Supernatural and BvS's Thomas and Martha Wayne (played by JDM and Lauren Cohan), I hope Negan and Maggie's eventual interaction is a 1-to-1, word-for-word engagement from the funnybooks.

Also, props to Samantha Morton and Ryan Hurst for making the Whisperers creepy nonsense believable. Dunno, but whatever alchemy they're performing in the roles is totally working for me. The good guy's world has finally broken down (i.e, horse drawn carriages, walker gut flu in the drinking water) to the point where medieval offensive/defensive tactics and homeopathic medicines are a necessary way of life.

Also2, where muh Rick movie at?!?

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10701
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 11-12-2019 at 10:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Trying to figure out the sudden sickness that got the infirmary crowded in less than a day? Disease from that one creek being loaded up with walker corpses? Or radiation poisoning from getting to close to that crashed satellite?

Yeah, it has been a slo-burn but good season so far. Way less emoting and typical dumb secret-holding than usual, and they are carrying on with how things radically improved last year with Kang taking over the main boss role. And Negan is of course the stand-out, with JDM owning everyone in the limited amount of screen time he's had so far. As per Avengers, Alpha may have a horde, but the other guys have a Negan, which effectively makes both sides no worse than even.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1977
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 11-13-2019 at 03:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Seems like the obvious answer is the tainted creek. But considering that they already know that there are walkers in every body of water at this point, it feels hard to believe that they arenít filtering/boiling whatever water theyíre gathering before using it. Doubt it has anything to do with the satellite, because Eugene, Daryl, Ezekiel and others that were on the scene havenít shown any effects, itís only those currently in Alexandria that have been getting sick.

And this season was close to losing me. The first two episodes were extremely slow, and I really didnít care about the whole episode devoted to Alphaís backstory. The last few have really picked up, and JDM is knocking it out of the park. I have to assume that heís pulling a double agent routine where he joins the Whisperers with the promise of helping them take out the other communities, only to turn and screw them over (perhaps while theyíre moving a herd, he gets to a safe distance and does something to make the herd take them out?) when the time comes to make the big strike. I just hope his redemption story doesnít end with sacrificing himself, both because it wouldnít fit the Negan character and because he really is the best thing on the show right now.

[Edited on 11-13-2019 by Cherokee Jack]

I'm Cherokee Jack!

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8892
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-13-2019 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Same re: this season being close to losing me...but has recently picked up and pulled me back with Negan's escape and joining the Whisperers.

THEORY / POTENTIAL SPOILER RE: PEOPLE GETTING SICK BASED ON SHIT I READ ONLINE

The doctor, Dante, is a Whispere secret agent and is making everyone sick.

That is all.

Don't Mess With Texas

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1977
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 11-21-2019 at 03:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Welp. Good call.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6126
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-21-2019 at 03:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Coral be like...

I be like...

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1977
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 11-27-2019 at 03:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
found the herd

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10701
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 11-27-2019 at 04:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, too bad that it happened by patented genre-TV stupidity though. Yeah, let's all follow the demented crazy lady, who's worse than the Governor/Terminus cannibals/Wolves/Negan combined and who's shown she's as cunning as fuck at setting devious traps, into the abandoned mine entrance for the remotest and unlikeliest chance of ganking her. Hokay dokay.

The last two Negan-free episodes weren't very good. Except for the internet being right, for about the first time ever, about Dante being an infiltrator nothing remarkable happened at all. I was giving them credit for a slo-burn this season but the last two eps seemed like they were just flailing aimlessly. Bah!

[Edited on 11/27/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1977
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 11-27-2019 at 06:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, so far this season has had real ups (Negan) and downs (most anything that isnít Negan).

The Dante infiltration had potential but rather than reveal it to the viewer and let it play out with the Alexandrians unaware, or let them figure it out on their own, he just gives himself away and is immediately captured and killed in one episode.

I donít really care about Carolís internal struggles and for this whole season sheís just been a liability on the group (You have ranged weapons! If you want to get Alpha just take a shot! She obviously wanted you to see her! Donít go blindly chasing her wherever she wants to lead you!!!).

And it isnít like most characters have had anything worthwhile to offer. Darylís been tied to Carolís nonsense most of the way. Siddiqís PTSD and fear that he was losing it was something to work with, but now heís dead. Ezekiel has a tumor? Michonne went on a mission to Oceanside that I already canít remember the purpose of, now sheís going on a boat ride somewhere to look for nukes or something?

Probably a good time for the break. Hopefully in the back half we get a lot more of Neganís Whisperer Adventures.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6126
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-27-2019 at 08:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yes to errthang you wrote. I will say this agayn for the agaynth time, there is no better teevee show analogue for WWE storylines/decisionmaking than The Walking Dead. Whether by accident or by design they set up some interesting scenarios/characters only to let them peter out or dissolve into meh. Sure, with TWD being more rigidly scripted and filmed too far ahead of time to make course corrections, it's harder to change something when any given scenario piques your interest. But with the way they were setting up Siddiq's PTSD adventures, I was looking forward to exploring that more but instead we got a bunch of jib joint bullshit. Then agayn, I did forget that once a TWD character gets a hallucinatory/PTSD retrospecticus highlight show of their own, then the end for them is most assuredly near.

Also just shoot her, Carol. Fucking SHOOT. HER. Sometimes the cartoon logic of this show is unbelievably baffling. Eugene could be making explosives to draw Walkers away from Whisperers, especially when they're in mini herds. Fuck's sake when Alpha tried to bring her herdbomb down upon them, said explosives would be much more distracting than the literal whispering the Whisperers do. Have some snipers with spotters ready to go and then take out all the Whisperers trying to lead them away. Bingo bango bongo!

But I digress. It is what it is and I'm still looking forward to Negan shenanigans in the future. Also cool to see Aaron and Gabriel standout as equals next to Daryl, Carol, and Michonne. And Gabriel finally snapping was a sight to behold. I'm still digging it overall but it's always frustrating to see merely decent teevee whut could be good to great teevee if not for some of the logically ridiculous things they do. But hey, it's a show about zombies and somehow relatively healthy and unemaciated people living in the forest wearing dead people's skin-masks all day having the upper hand on the most battle-hardened technologically advanced folk around so, like, whatevs, y'know?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top