The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 11, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4371
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-11-2019 at 10:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 11, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: is not actually "tonight," it's last Friday... RAW was taped immediately following SD in the UK, which means spoilers are out there if you are so inclined...

In fact, I'll save you the trouble: http://www.oowrestling.com/OOForums/forumdisplay.php?fid=44

Just a very quick, non-spoiler version of what's on tap:

Becky Lynch will open the show to talk about the 3-way RAW vs. SD vs. NXT women's match coming up at Survivor Series.... Becky later teams up with Charlotte to face women's tag champs, Asuka and Kairi Sane... RAW Team Captain Seth Rollins will reveal his 4 teammates for the mens 3-way elimination match, and in so doing 2 additional matches will pop into existence featuring those men in action tonight... NXT-UK will be well represented... and the Rusev/Lashley WrestleCrap will continue to be utterly moronic...

That is all. End communication.

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10711
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 11-11-2019 at 11:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Monday means RAW? As per our friends at KickspitÖ

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-12-2019 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So Rowan went from Bryan's enforcer to a guy who no longer wished to be Bryan's enforcer to a guy that's keeping a fisheye lens in a cage. I can't wait for this to not pay off in any reasonable fashion!

Oh, I love legitimate theatre.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6132
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: luchasausage

posted on 11-12-2019 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nutz N' Boltz question for The Rick: What kind of backstage machinations and corporate are required where, um, FS1's Backstage is advertised on USA's RAM?

Lol Rowan, a.k.a. WWE's version of TWD's Beta, cares not for the silly bauble of the 24/7 Champeenchimp.

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So Seth's into burning asses down, eh? Good to know.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6132
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
BAH GAWD, IT'S THE GERMANS, AN AUSTRIAN, AND AN ITALIAN!!!

Also, Seth's kinda lame now.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Raw is THE show, Raw is THE brand. That features Lawler on commentary.

I BURNED IT DOWN THIS TIME!!!!!!!

Also kind of alright with the fact that I ultimately decided to actually watch Raw, despite not feeling overly impressed with the spoilers. But I think I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming segment that further enshittens the Rusev/Lana/Lashley nonsense. It's really feeling like with as much bullshit as they pull out for that, it HAS to be going somewhere that makes it all worth it. Surely. SURELY.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That WALTER-Rollins match was really making me snooze just as heavily as the crowd was.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6132
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Blitzkreig on Rollins!

Schvartzekreig und Quebecoiskreig on Imperium!

IT'S A WORLDWARFESSSSSSST!!!!

Illy Pee. Brother. Brah. Bro. B. *Buh* Please let me enjoy the Imperium Invasion in peace without referencing the upcoming miscegifest nonsense.

ETA: Montez Ford is the next The Rock, but a much better wrassler. Book it.

[Edited on 11-12-2019 by janerd75]

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Montez Ford is now the winner of that match. Amusingly high dive out of the ring and then pulling an Ultimate Warrior with the ropes and looking like he'd be able to do that for the rest of the night equals A++++++.

Also, SORRY. But trust me, it'll be worth it when it circles around to being awesome eventually. It totally will. If I'm wrong, feel free to Neeson me.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6132
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Neeson? Ooooh, so close!

Also, does A-Lister Black ever get to play any more or does he just sit in a dark room with Luke Harper silently weeping in the corner wondering why no one knocks on his door looking for a fight? Any way Tony Khan can buy out their contracts? Is there a possible WWE to AEW draft swap that can happen?

Also2, Zelina is all that and a bag of plantains. Golly!

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Looking at some NEWZ, it sounds like Black may be dealing with a bit of a knee thing. That would certainly explain being relegated to his darkened room for the time being. Of course, this being WWE, that also could explain it. But I'd assume the injury idea is probably more correct here.

Edit: IT'S TIME! IT'S TIME! IT'S. STUPID. TIME!

Edit II: I already know where this is going tonight on a basic level, but this really needs to go somewhere amazing. Because if this just keeps getting dumber and dumber, someone at WWE needs to get shot into the sun. Even if it's Heyman behind this. Sorry, Paul. TO THE SUN!

Also, does it seem like Lana ends up talking in circles during each of these segments?

WHY IS ANYTHING.

[Edited on 11-12-2019 by Il Palazzo]

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 11-12-2019 at 02:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess Lana's accent wasn't cleared to leave the country?
thestoryofmikeb
Fella

Posts 440
Registered 11-28-2007
Location Albany, NY

Mood: hopeful

posted on 11-12-2019 at 03:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Seriously... Embarrassed to be a fan right now... Damn.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   thestoryofmikeb 's Yahoo
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1647
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-12-2019 at 03:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Gentlemen, I bring you ... another pregnancy angle!"
"Gee, I dunno, man. I mean, after last time--"
"This time ... shall be different!"
"Well, all right, 'cause I like Rusev better than Mike Kanellis, so--"
"IT'S NOT DIFFERENT AT ALL! IS IT, STEVE?"

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-12-2019 at 03:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's kind of nice that I'd say we will often desire WWE stuff to be a little looser/less scripted, and this entire thing has felt almost 100% unscripted thanks to all the random RUSEV'S SUCH A BETA CUCK WAIT NO HE CHEATED ON ME SO I CHEATED ON HIM NOW I'M PREGNANT BUT NOT REALLY RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stuff. It's just "someone go out and blather into a microphone until Rusev and Lashley hit each other some."

But trust me. One day, this will all come together and we'll look back and say, "why yes, I understand everything now." TRUST ME.

Edit: Also, HA. Corn indeed. And I guess we get to guess about what Rowan's going to probably be carrying around now for however many weeks.

[Edited on 11-12-2019 by Il Palazzo]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6132
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 11-12-2019 at 03:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Why. Is. She. Still. Advertised. As. The. Ravishing. Russian.

Ah, I see part of the problem...

Lana/Rusev/Lashley to AEW confirmed with the condition of tearing up their current contracts via extreme professional self-immolation in that very ring per Vince. That's the only explanation for any of this horror show.

I would rather roll coal in a souped up turbo diesel an' do burnouts in Saint Greta's yard, enthusiastically do the Seminole's tomahawk chop at the funeral of a victim of Jeffrey Epstein's that died of rape cancer, and wear a sombrero whilest blowing an e. coli laced hot corn n' carnitas deuce on the caskets of those Mormon's what got got in Meh-hee-co last week than watch this Lana/Rusev/Lashley shit. Jesus FUCKING Christ that was awful.

Slick
And I am AWESOME

Posts 179
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood: jobberish

posted on 11-12-2019 at 03:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This Walter guy sucks.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10711
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 11-12-2019 at 03:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Haven't watched anything since the opening match.

Re: the puppy-slapping - it's unfortunate that Kairi had to run into IronBewbs McGuinty because that thing just won't work on Char-Char.

* the irony of Orton tapping at his own temple telling someone else to think is one of the most hilariously sublime things they've ever done on this show

quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

WHY IS ANYTHING.

It's because of the false god of entertainment that we worship. It's a punishment of our own failures.

[Edited on 11/12/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 11-12-2019 at 04:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My official grade for the night, considering my attention drifted away in the past 30 odd minutes due to getting distracted by Internet Stuff and I missed the first 20+ minutes, is a solid Hamburglar Wearing a Tasteless 9/11 Novelty T-Shirt While Eating a Quickly Melting Drumstick.

Pros: Montez Ford doing stuff, fisheye lens, a dark room with two Indian men and a Rowan.

Cons: Lana gained and lost a baby, and they didn't bother to bring Snitsky back for a cameo. Also maybe other things.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4371
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-12-2019 at 04:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Holy mother of fuck, that was not a great show, despite no less than 3 really really good in-ring set pieces (I especially enjoyed the opening women's match and the fact that Asuka pinned Becky, which can only result in good things, while Shayna and Bayley had a tight-jeans-off where the winner was us).

I don't even know how to properly ascribe fault to Lana/Rusev/Lashley, but it seems like putting Lana's name first is right. Just. The. Worst. Whoever came up with that is terrible. Whoever signed off on it after someone came up with it is worse. Which means whoever came up with it might have just been trying to placate whoever signed off on it, so....... yeah, it's still pretty much just Vince's fault.

Have to admit to some yuks during the main event where the announcers were EARNESTLY wondering about what's going on in Randall's head. Because we have 15 years of evidence that the answer is:

1) Mediocrity
2) Entitlement
3) Lethargy
4) The Opposite of Gravitas
5) How to Mistreat the Next Woman I Meet, and
6) LOOKIT ME I HAZ ONE MOOV

But I guess if you aren't gonna do the thing I suggested (each of RAW, SD, and NXT do their own 5-on-5 matches where the winners -- who will automatically all be members of the same team and not weird rando marriages of conveniences -- then face each other in the final 3-way Battle for Brand Supremacy), Seth/Orton/Owens is interesting.

Owens has been suspiciously silent since the draft, but dominates the crowd reactions when he shows up. He even added a DX crotch chop to his argot tonight, and is RAW's obvious answer to the problem of Seth Rollins' popular decline.

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Nutz N' Boltz question for The Rick: What kind of backstage machinations and corporate :jerk: are required where, um, FS1's Backstage is advertised on USA's RAM?

I am happy to address sincerely proffered nutz, but keep yer bolt to yerself.

It's no different than last month when TBS had the rights to the National League playoffs, and FOX had the American League, and the MLB Network didn't give a shit as long as people were watching one or the other. Somehow, at some point, everybody decides it is best to work together.

So TBS mentions games on FOX. FOX mentions games on TBS. MLB mentions games on both of them.

I admit that I was led to believe that FOX and NBCUniversal/USA were playing hardball with each other, and bought in (I bought in twice as hard after NBCU got NXT at the last moment, after FOX thought they had it).... but at the end of the day, these are major, publicly-held companies and they'll do business with each other sooner than they shoot themselves in the foot while attempting to screw the friend of a friend.

Additional unsolicited opinion: I like what I've seen of that FS1 show. Part of me wishes it would pick a lane.... but the other part of me understands why it doesn't. The show opens with a straight "recap" segment, so a casual/lapsed fan could just skip the 7 hours of prime time TV and watch this. The rest of the show is total value-add smarky fun stuff that is just entertaining as hell at the winkwink nudgenudge level. Since FS1 is doing 5-6 replays (some before basketball at 6 or 7pm, some on weekend afternoons, some late night post-football), trying to hit all those demos is a pretty solid idea. "Backstage" is not a show you tune into, but if they give it time, it'll prove to be one that most people stick around for if they're already there. That's not nothing.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2433
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-12-2019 at 06:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slick
This Walter guy sucks.

Nah, he does not. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Watch more of him.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3130
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-12-2019 at 07:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
quote:
This Walter guy sucks.

Watch more of him.

Iíve now seen 4 walter matches and this was his best one. He sucks in all of them. Iím also not capitalizing his name until he does some sit ups.

Heís a generic heel with bitch tits.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, 0 Time Award Winner

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1791
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 11-12-2019 at 09:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can't remember a UK crowd being so lame, what a bunch of mummies!

I did like the Ricochet/Orton dynamic from the backstage segments, to the match itself, as well as the post match shenanigans. The fake out on the RKO was nicely done. Look forward to their feud.

I feel like Orton has reached a type of renaissance in his career. He barely has to do anything of consequence in the ring, yet still be able to generate a pop from the crowd. A bit like late 70s Elvis, who couldn't move much at that point, but waived his hand in concert and the 40 something girls would still scream!

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3264
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-13-2019 at 02:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
quote:
This Walter guy sucks.

Watch more of him.

Iíve now seen 4 walter matches and this was his best one. He sucks in all of them. Iím also not capitalizing his name until he does some sit ups.

Heís a generic heel with bitch tits.

via GIPHY

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top