The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 4, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4380
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-4-2019 at 11:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (November 4, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: after a chaotic week, WWE tries to steer things back towards Survivor Series, which is less than 3 weeks away...

When WWE Champ Brock Lesnar was the only performer able to get back to the US from Saudi Arabia in time for Friday's SD, two things wound up happening: (1) Brock declared himself a "free agent" so he could hunt down Rey Mysterio on RAW, and (2) the NXT roster showed up, en masse, and basically took over the show (including Tomasso Ciamp beating Miz, and Adam Cole beating Daniel Bryan)...

In the case of Brock, something had to give, since Bray Wyatt (also a SD performer, at least for now) won the WWEU Title in Saudi Arabia, and one of those two titles needs to be on RAW.... I still feel like when all is said and done, FOX gets what FOX wants, and that is Brock Lesnar, while Wyatt seems a better fit for RAW.... we shall see, since WWE had plans to feature Wyatt in a prominent angle on SD, which obviously didn't happen (meantime, the Lesnar free agency promo was a last second addition and Brock was not initially going to appear at all)...

In the case of NXT, they were always planned to join in the Survivor Series PPV as a third viable brand, but almost certainly would not have made quite the concentrated one night impact as they did last Friday if not for the travel woes of the main roster.... the same core group is at RAW again tonight, and based on the strong positive feedback they got on SD, should be featured players again...

WWE hasn't bothered to produce anything resembling a real preview for tonight, other than hyping up Lesnar's "unsanctioned" appearance.... beyond that there are only vague references to fallout from Seth Rollins' WWEU Title loss (I expect that to morph into whatever story they use to re-allocate the WWEU and WWE titles) and to Friday's takeover by NXT.... so uhhhh, helpful, eh?

I expect a PPV format similar to recent Survivor Series, where there will be a "champion vs. champion" (vs. champion, with NXT involved) in the men's, women's, and tag division, with a pair of additional 5-on-5-on-5 elimination matches (one men, one women)...

In that case, the building of teams -- a mix of heels and faces on all 3 teams -- becomes a central issue, as all brands want to put their best talent together but also want to avoid as much internal strife as possible... it's probably safe to assume some overlap with the 10 men who were Team Flair vs. Team Hogan, but now, they can't split up along the obvious lines.... off the top of my head, the stupidity that is Rusev vs. Lashley probably plays out with them fighting each other for a single spot in the match, rather than both participating on opposing sides... same might be true for Ricochet and McIntyre.... Rollins was original set to be captain for Team Hogan, so depending on his pursuit of regaining the WWEU Title, he would be an obvious headliner for Team RAW, and if not him, US Champ AJ Styles fits the bill...

Tonight was gonna be a pretty hard reset, regardless, but the craziness of last Friday and thrown even more ambiguity into the mix... I find myself perversely attracted to the chaos, which I never would have guessed 7 nights ago when RAW thudded to one of its worst endings in quite a while.... so hooray for circumstances forcing WWE to deviate from their regularly scheduled horseplop, I guess?

That is all. End communication.

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7872
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For a part time star, Brock has been on tv a lot lately. Now if theyíd let him have better matches more often, weíd really be cooking.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Since we managed to switch titles between shows, if Rollins went back after one would he necessarily go back after Bray? I figure there's still room for more between the two of them, but you've got them split between shows. Also the part where their feud has been hit or miss. But if he decides to shrug the Universal Title off and focus on what IS on Raw now, we're due what feels like would be the 45,673rd thing between him and Lesnar.

Edit: I appreciate Heyman referencing that time I found my interest in paying attention to WWE programming slightly revitalized just because Lawler had a heart attack on air.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Oh, I love legitimate theatre.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6154
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
Member Is Online

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
For a second there, I thought they were gonna write Jerry off the commentary desk. Sorry 'bout yer damned luck, Dio.

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7872
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Stop having champions lose non-title matches to set up feuds.

Also...this is kind of making Rey look like a coward isnít it? Like why didnít he stop an innocent announcer from getting F5íd? And constantly using weapons?

Are we suppose to cheer for Rey here?

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, I thought/hoped Dio would get a LITTLE offense in. Oh well, as long as we aren't deprived of assorted references to anime/video games the rest of the night, I'll be fine.

And I can forgive Rey using weapons on Lesnar. Considering Lesnar's tendency to beat the crap out of people, and prior beatings delivered to both Rey and his son, it doesn't seem TOO much of a bad thing. On the other hand, the usual crap of someone waiting too long to come out is just kind of annoying. And similarly, other than maybe just being used as an excuse to draw Rey out, why would they think Lawler would know where Rey was at? Might as well check with the ring bell guy next!

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7872
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:53 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Buddy Murphy could use some mic time. Or a manager. Just something to add some juice to his act.
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1653
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
And I can forgive Rey using weapons on Lesnar. Considering Lesnar's tendency to beat the crap out of people, and prior beatings delivered to both Rey and his son, it doesn't seem TOO much of a bad thing. On the other hand, the usual crap of someone waiting too long to come out is just kind of annoying. And similarly, other than maybe just being used as an excuse to draw Rey out, why would they think Lawler would know where Rey was at? Might as well check with the ring bell guy next!

Yeah, I think current WWE canon states that babyfaces are justified in using weapons on Brock Lesnar as an equalizer. And I can overlook the whole "Why go after Jerry Lawler?" thing, because it was more of an intimidation/draw-out tactic than an interrogation. But yes, it did make Rey Mysterio look like a bit of a prick for not coming out before Lesnar killed Dio Maddin. I suppose one could make the case that it would take him some time to get from wherever he was to the commentary table, and maybe he wasn't fast enough to make the save, but this is pro wrestling; it's more or less established that anyone can get to anywhere right when they need to.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also, it appears the option list for Rollins may also include "jump ship to NXT."

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6154
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
*siiiiiiiiigh* *unzips* Here we go agayn. Agayn.

ETA: Adam Cole (BayBay) vs. Seth Rollins (WhineWhine) for the title tonight. Uhhhh, do I have to thank the Saudis for this one too?

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by janerd75]

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7872
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rusev Day chants...just, push the dude as a face without the stupid cheating crap.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This angle is truly the gift that keeps on giving. I just can't stop feeling like there's going to be a point where they just go totally batshit insane and it all becomes retroactively awesome. But it will probably just result in more of what we've had, it will never find that level of stupid that makes it excellent, and we'll just be stuck with this thing that feels like a relic of the Attitude Era that someone dug up and accidentally dripped some blood on, reviving the evil within.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6154
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Drew's now a Lashley/Lana goon. Tremendous.

If there's anyone I could see thriving in AEW it's Drew.

ETA: If Aiden came out right now to help RuRu I'd forgive all this nonsense. God bless, Ricky Shea, but you ain't no Aiden.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by janerd75]

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7872
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 02:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There is no reason that Drew vs Rusev couldnít have been a slightly lesser version of Dominik Dijakovic vs Keith Lee.

Well other than Vince gotta Vince.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6154
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 03:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Holy golly! this crowd is el dead-o.

Shout out to NY for being even more useless than usual.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4076
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-5-2019 at 03:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just watched the Brock/Rey segment.

I think that was legitimately the best promo Rey has ever done.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6154
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 11-5-2019 at 03:59 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
IT'S. A. FESTFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EN-ECKS-TEE! EN-ECKS-TEE! EN-ECKS-TEE!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10743
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 11-5-2019 at 04:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
YouTube clips here I come because it sounds like tonight's show was, once again ad infinitum, was a good one to miss due to some hardcore napping.

ETA: from what I've seen so far it looks like Kairi interrupting the sharpshooter on Asuka by hitting Nattie with a codebreaker was the hi-lite of the evening, in-ring wise anyway.

[Edited on 11/5/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 778
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2019 at 05:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It looked like someone was messing with the ring apron from under the ring about halfway thru the main event. Wasnít surprised when the UE popped up from that side. Kinda sloppy camera angle/timing.

Not a great show but better than normal because NXT was there. NXT just makes everything better.

Gotta admit, I kinda thought Rollins mightíve won to give him a few weeks on NXT and then to be the third guy against Brock/Bray. Have him drop the belt back a week or two after Survivor Series. Not that I donít think Cole was be super against Brock/Bray but thereís really no story between those three guys. Rollins links Brock and Bray story wise.

Also, is there going to be a SS match between Nakamura/AJ/Strong? That could be a show stealer.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by CVD39]

niles81
Showstopper

Posts 793
Registered 1-16-2013
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2019 at 11:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Brock Lesnar vs Rey Mysterio for the WWE title has been announced so there will be no Brock/Cole/Fiend going down.

The other two matches announced are Lynch/Bayley/Baszler and Viking Raiders/Revival/UE so other than the heavyweight title scene - they seem to be following this trend. I would definitely dig on Nakamura/AJ/Strong.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by niles81]

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9472
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2019 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just cannot buy into this Rey/Brock feud. Rey is so broken down at this point and was jobbing to every star on the roster a few months back! And now we're supposed to buy him as a threat to Brock? I guess it could be fun in the same way Bryan vs. Brock was (and Brock does seem to have better matches with smaller guys) but it should really go about the way that Brock/Kofi went.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2472
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-5-2019 at 07:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker
I just cannot buy into this Rey/Brock feud. Rey is so broken down at this point and was jobbing to every star on the roster a few months back! And now we're supposed to buy him as a threat to Brock? I guess it could be fun in the same way Bryan vs. Brock was (and Brock does seem to have better matches with smaller guys) but it should really go about the way that Brock/Kofi went.

I don't think we're meant to think Rey has a legitimate chance, honestly. I think we're supposed to think Rey thinks he does and that's fine. That match is not going to be the main draw of Survivor Series and it will either be incredibly short or the sort of fun big/little match that Brock has had at SS over the last few years.

This show was good, if unspectacular. I'm really digging the Kabuki Warriors of late. Looks like they're being set up to feud with Natalya/Charlotte, but that feels like it's just waiting for Team Legacy to turn on each other.

I can't believe how little I care about AJ Styles.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7419
Registered 5-24-2004
Member Is Online

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-5-2019 at 08:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think the part everyone will get really irritated about is that Rey will wind up beating a bunch of people he should probably not be beating between now and his match with Brock. And then once Lesnar goes all Brockness Monster over him, we'll be back to Rey losing a bunch again until he hangs it up.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12695
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 11-5-2019 at 10:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker

Rey is in the unique position where literally anyone on the roster could beat him on a good day - but he can also beat anyone on the roster because of his speed, skill, and savvy. He doesn't necessarily kick someone's ass, but he finds a way to put them down for 3. Ultimate Underdog and all that. I'm pretty ok with that.

If I were booking the match, I would have it start very similarly to Brock/Kofi, except instead of Brock landing the F5, Rey lands on his feet or does some acrobatic escape for a 2-count and gets some token offense for a little bit, uses his speed to kept from getting caught - until he finally does gets caught and beat.

Or until he gets caught, and should get beat, but Brock gets cocky ad while fucking around, Cain Velasquez interferes in a way that has Brock lose to Rey. And then Brock destroys Rey at the next Raw.

[Edited on 11-5-2019 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10743
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 11-5-2019 at 11:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"Becky, Shayna. Shayna, Becky. Oveur, Unger. Unger, Dunn. Dunn, Oveur". I like how everything in WWE can be connected to old dialogue from the Airplane movies.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top