The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: This Saudi Arabia Situation Is A Mess (DON’T ignore)
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2434
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-1-2019 at 01:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This Saudi Arabia Situation Is A Mess (DON’T ignore)

So, here’s the rundown:

-Over 100 WWE wrestlers and staff got delayed in SA after Crown Jewel due to, depending on who you believe, either a disagreement over payment before the show OR a fuel line problem.
-A good number of wrestlers, including Buddy Murphy and Andrade, made some remarks ranging from”never again” to “hope I make it home in time for my birthday”.
-About 20 of WWE’s top staff, including Vince, Heyman, and Brock, made it out on their own private jets.
-Some wrestlers said “F-This” and made it a priority to charter their own flights in order to make it back home for Smackdown.
-WWE issued a press statement effectively burying the wrestlers who did not attempt to charter their own flights, referring to the ones who chose to do so as as loyal and whatnot. Morale is assumed to be down amongst the wrestlers who were not included in that statement, with Luke Harper makikg a tweet stating something along the lines of “not top 20, but still number 1” or something.
-Conflicting reports of wrestlers being told to say the delay was strictly due to fuel line/mechanical problems or saying “something else was up”
-Details of the other side of the problem include Vince not being paid for the previous two Saudi shows, and the number could be between 300-500 million.
-Emerging details about Vince and the prince having a disagreement and Vince cutting the live feed for forty minutes, something that had been confirmed as fact.

Discuss further

[Edited on 11-4-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4054
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-1-2019 at 02:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
By the sound of things, Vince and the VIP didn't hightail it out there due to knowing something was going down and intending to leave the rest of the roster to the dogs. They were just the ones who have their own planes and don't have to wait.
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2434
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-1-2019 at 02:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Let’s hope for the best
punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-1-2019 at 06:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WWE PR: Hahahaha hey everyone it was just a fuel line, nothing to see here!

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

AmericanNightmare
rOOkie

Posts 25
Registered 7-2-2006
Location Lilburn, GA

Mood: Spedoinkel!

posted on 11-1-2019 at 07:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Word from Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins) via his and Matthew Cardona (Zack Ryder)'s Facebook figure collecting group is that everyone is fine, they just want to come home.

I know you stole my Loverboy tape!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AmericanNightmare 's Yahoo
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2434
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-1-2019 at 10:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
WWE PR: Hahahaha hey everyone it was just a fuel line, nothing to see here!

Yeah, i know, but i don’t wanna push another narrative if it’s untrue. Maybe something else will come to light.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2434
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-4-2019 at 06:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, tons of conflicting reports about this. Feel free to discuss.
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 11-4-2019 at 04:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WWE says they're back home.

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-roster-delayed-saudi-arabia

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4663
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 11-5-2019 at 12:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not surprised that Saudi Arabia isn't paying its bills. There was a report last week by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation that stated that the Saudi government is now $3.4 billion behind on payments for Light Armored Vehicles. Canada made a deal to sell $14 billion worth of LAVs to Saudi Arabia in 2014, despite that the sale circumvented Canada's own rules about selling vehicles that would be used to trample all over human rights. When the new government came in at the end of 2015, it had the chance to do the right thing by canceling the sale, but it honoured the agreement because of money and "saving good paying middle class jobs" in an important swing riding. Now, Saudi Arabia isn't paying and our government will have in effect paid for and delivered $14 billion worth of weaponry it will use to squash dissidents or for other illicit purposes. All that is to say that it's not only Vince who isn't get paid, and in light of that fact, I would argue that he shouldn't expect to get paid for the services he's already rendered to the House of Saud. Hopefully, this serves a lesson to him not to go over there ever again.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4371
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-5-2019 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Saudis not paying bills is a new one by me. I thought the whole reason you do business with them is because they pay upfront, in cash, so you can deposit the money and stop feeling guilty about it instantly, instead of receiving a slow steady stream of Monthly Blood Money Payments for years.

That said, WWE just announced today that everything is cool, nothing nasty happened on the trip, and they are extending their deal with Saudi Arabia for another 5 years to 2027 (an additional 10 shows, in total). Which seems like an odd thing to do if they think there will be issues collecting their money. But who knows? Maybe MBS is to Vince as Putin is to Trump, as far as kompromat goes?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 778
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2019 at 01:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
The Saudis not paying bills is a new one by me. I thought the whole reason you do business with them is because they pay upfront, in cash, so you can deposit the money and stop feeling guilty about it instantly, instead of receiving a slow steady stream of Monthly Blood Money Payments for years.

That said, WWE just announced today that everything is cool, nothing nasty happened on the trip, and they are extending their deal with Saudi Arabia for another 5 years to 2027 (an additional 10 shows, in total). Which seems like an odd thing to do if they think there will be issues collecting their money. But who knows? Maybe MBS is to Vince as Putin is to Trump, as far as kompromat goes?

Something sounds really fishy about al of this but the more I think about it, the more conspiracy theory-y things sound. I’ll iust go back to not watching the SA PPVs, rolling my eyes when they’re talked about and getting pushed further and further away from the WWE whenever I think about it.

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 946
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 11-5-2019 at 06:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Saudis aren't paying a lot of bills these days. I have a few friends in different industries and government institutions who are being told to prepare for non-payment on contracts.

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 994
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-5-2019 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If something was going on bigger, we'll see it in the number of wrestlers that refuse to go to the next Saudi show. If you see a lot of retirees come out for the fat paycheck and the mid-carders staying home, you'll know why.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2434
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-6-2019 at 12:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The next saudi show will be in June, so that’s a ways away.
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4371
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-6-2019 at 02:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As irony would have it, after having no real previous knowledge as to Saudi fiscal responsibility, my morning perusal of go-to news outlets had a piece about MBS hitting the "warp speed" button on the IPO for the Saudi nationalized oil company.

Long story short: between the sudden move to gain an influx of cash (the IPO could end up being double what Alibaba generated when it went public) and that fishy shake-down of all Saudi Arabia's richest dudes 2 years ago (they were rounded up, detained at a 5-star hotel, and not released until they paid massive fines for "corruption"), things may not be as peachy as you'd think in terms of Saudi Arabia's liquidity. The increasing uncertainty over the profitability of fossil fuels and Saudi Arabia lack of any other useful resource mean projections for the Aramco IPO are sliding, so MBS moved to cash in now.

"Not paying the bills" suddenly strikes me as less absurd. That said, WWE extending the deal for 5 years leads me to believe that this is -- at most -- a mountain-out-of-a-molehill situation. And even the molehill may be a figment of a jetlagged and cranky talent roster who were being subject to something even worse than the infamous "Flight From Hell."

We'll see.

[Edited on 11-6-2019 by OORick]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 11-6-2019 at 04:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
And even the molehill may be a figment of a jetlagged and cranky talent roster who were being subject to something even worse than the infamous "Flight From Hell."

Could you imagine the juicy gossip we'd all have right now if the current WWE talent behaved on flights the way they did back then?

[Edited on 11-6-2019 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7408
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-7-2019 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
Could you imagine the juicy gossip we'd all have right now if the current WWE talent behaved on flights the way they did back then?

[Edited on 11-6-2019 by salmonjunkie]

Man, I feel like I’d just be disappointed more than anything. When the Flight from Hell got leaked and you heard who was doing what and how drunk everybody was, you could look at the overall roster and say to yourself “Yeah, I’m not really shocked this happened,” and also “I mean, I guess they could have done worse.”

This roster? These kids actually seem like they’re on good behavior because Triple H and his crew has helped a lot of them out so they’d likely feel like they were disappointing him if they did. Not to mention, for the most part, the veteran presence isn’t like it was then where you wouldn’t be shocked if the vets were teaching the younger guys the best way to sneak coke in their bags.

That said, the boards would at least liven up a bit more.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2434
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-7-2019 at 02:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
BRING BACK REGISTRATIONS!!
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10712
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 11-9-2019 at 12:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The murderers not paying their contractual amount to WWE, and fucking over the roster while they were trying to depart, should be more than enough for WWE to void the entire deal and no longer embarrass themselves having shows over there. Vince being Vince though he'll probably go all double-down on the mistake of making an agreement with those assholes in the first place. Criticize the old git enough over this and he'd probably ramp it up to three shows a year over there just to stick it to the dissenters.

I don't think a wrestlers union is something that will ever happen, and maybe shouldn't either considering that most of them now seem quite happy with the pay and benefits they do receive. That being said I'd sure love it if the entire WWE roster, including NXT, all signed a statement saying that they're going to collectively refuse to perform in the Middle East due to safety concerns, concerns that were totally legitimized by the behaviour of the Saudi authorities at the airport. That's something even Vince couldn't over-ride, not everyone saying "no" together and at the same time.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top