The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DICTATOR-PER-VIEW DISCUSSION: WWE Clown Jewel, Now 7% Less Dirrrty Because LOOK Two Whole Women! (October 31, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4373
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 10-31-2019 at 03:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
DICTATOR-PER-VIEW DISCUSSION: WWE Clown Jewel, Now 7% Less Dirrrty Because LOOK Two Whole Women! (October 31, 2019)

I was gonna suggest just holding discussion for the Saudi Arabia Show in the Rumor Crap Thread, but.... two wrongs don't make a right, and some of us are still gonna take a gander at the show, or at parts of it, but probably not even close to live, so spoilers become and issue and yadda yadda yadda....

So let's just do one thread about the show and nobody has to click on it until they are ready to discuss it.

Biggest news today is that WWE convinced Saudi Arabia to allow a Nattie vs. Lacey Evans match. It's a nice development, but also long over due and it doesn't undo all the other issues involved in doing business with Saudi Arabia, so I expect a loud chorus of people pointing out just who unjustified it is that all parties involved are dislocating their shoulders in an effort to pat themselves on the back.

I mean, I don't go out of my way to rip apart a small improvement just because *I* don't think it's big enough, but even I am going to get annoyed if WWE and Prince Murderpants bin Salman think this is enough to justify the 2 weeks (and counting) of icky video packages celebrating Riyadh Day, or whatever it was where they got all the footage of massive parades and Saudi people being totally free and fully westernized. Just go over there and do your dirty sinful business, WWE, don't subject us, domestically, to propaganda suggesting we should congratulate you for your brave part in exporting democracy to a totally rad new regime who has never murdered anyone.

*whew* I digress.

The point is there's a show that takes place on Thursday afternoon, American Time, and most of us will probably have some interest in parts of it.

Here is the card:

BROCK LESNAR vs. CAIN VELASZQUEZ (WWE Title Match)
SETH ROLLINS vs. BRAY WYATT (WWEU Title Match, Falls Count Anywhere)
BRAUN STROWMAN vs. TYSON FURY
NATALYA vs. LACEY EVANS (Full Bodysuit Match)
TEAM HOGAN vs. TEAM FLAIR (Reigns/Ricochet/Rusev/Ali/Gable vs. Orton/Nakamura/Nakamura/Lashley/Corbin)
BEST IN THE WORLD TAG TEAM GAUNTLET (RAW Champs the Viking Warriors, SD Champs the Revival, Big E/Kofi, Gallows/Anderson, Heavy Machinery, and several other teams that will not win unless there are surprise entrants)
AJ STYLES vs. WINNER OF BATTLE ROYALE (US Title Match)
AFOREMENTIONED BATTLE ROYALE (Humberto Carillo, Andrade, Miz, and several other guys who will not win, unless there are surprise entrants, other than maybe Buddy Murphy since Paul Heyman likes him)
CESARO vs. MANSOOR ("No, just NO" Match)

I think they are committed to getting this one done in 4 hours (the first one they did with the 50-man Royal Rumble was closer to 6), so that's not nothing, but I still figure I'll wait till some later point and watch a 90 minute version. It's not like there isn't some pretty solid in-ring potential, and some equally big potential for "moments" given the stunt casting.... but keeping tabs in real time is a non-starter for me.

If your mileage varies, by all means, chat it up, OO Nation!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10721
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 10-31-2019 at 04:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
boycott!
boycott!
boycott!

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6139
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
Member Is Online

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 10-31-2019 at 04:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CaNattiean I understand, but...

... unfortunately I understand even more.

#FuckTheTowlies

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4373
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 10-31-2019 at 04:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Meh, in my case, I'm already subscribed and probably never won't be (at least, not over the Saudi thing; it's a really sucky thing, but it's not going to singlehandedly undo 25 years of wrestling fandom)..... pretending I'm boycotting when I'm not actually gonna follow through accomplishes nothing.

That's why I laid as much shame as I humanly could before admitting my digression. I figure my stance is clear enough. I figure I have enough of a soap box that my public shaming is probably at least as big an annoyance to WWE as my measly $10 is a benefit to them.

CONSCIENCE CLEAR! CLEAR, I SAY~! [mostly]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6139
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
Member Is Online

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 10-31-2019 at 04:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
UnderstOOd, Bossô. It's just that this unseemly nonsense would be so unnecessary if they simply put out a compelling product stateside and to otherwise comparatively morally favorable locales elsewhere than The Kingdom. I maybe being willfully naÔve considering what I know about this business but Hell's Bells, I think that even genuine carny folk would have recognized an absolute bottom even they wouldn't dare approach at bare minimum because the risk of losing longterm paying customers and genuine marks was far greater than the instant reward of easy blood-soaked cash infusion. Yet here I am still paying for the Network and here we are rapping aboat it.

In my Jannerbrain, which admittedly is faulty at best on most days, I would think it wise to take a smidge of a hit on the immediate financials in lieu of wholesale soul-auctioning as a long-term company mission statement, but hey The Vinman has been in the carny business literally 100% more than I ever have, so what the heck do I know? To respectfully quote The Pancreatically Challengedô on all this hullaballoza, Your Mileage May Varyô.

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7411
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 10-31-2019 at 11:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was assuming that WWE was going to cart Mansoor out to win the US Title Battle Royal and then put up a valiant effort against AJ Styles (which he may or may not win a title depending on how much they were willing to pay Vince for ďextra national prideĒ) but the Cesaro match works. I feel bad for the guy: he wants to be in WWE, he definitely proved himself to someone well before all this stuff started happening...not his fault his country has the reputation it does, and Iím sure he probably doesnít agree with any of it. Now it seems like they just cart him out as a special attraction for these shows and then just never use him again. They should at least give him the chance to catch on with the regular audience (which it kinda sounded like he was from things I was reading back when he was still being put on NXT). Otherwise itís just a matter of time before he wins a match over there that does get him a title and the crowd shits all over him on the next show where he loses it because Vince.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8894
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-31-2019 at 04:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On the pre-show, Humberto Carillo won the battle royale and will face AJ later for the US Title.

Finale 3 came down to him, Luke Harper, Eric Rowan.

Don't Mess With Texas

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1650
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 10-31-2019 at 05:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm not watching the show, but according to the Internets, Brock Lesnar just squashed Cain Velasquez in about two minutes, which is an ... interesting booking choice.

Knowing literally nothing except the posted results, my hope here would be that WWE plays it as "Well, this is Velasquez's first time in a wrestling ring, of course he's going to get crushed by the most dominant wrestler in the world." Though I think we all know they aren't going to come at it from that angle.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8894
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 10-31-2019 at 06:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Tyson Fury needs to never set foot in a WWE ring again.

Or if he does, he needs to do a whole lot more practice beforehand.

Don't Mess With Texas

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8894
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 10-31-2019 at 06:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh hey surprise the boxer got a 'knockout punch' in sending the wrestler to fall out of the ring and then the resultant 10-count, boxer wins.

Please let this be the last we see of Tyson Fury.

Don't Mess With Texas

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8894
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 10-31-2019 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yay we have a SD wrestler as the RAM Universal champion.

Don't Mess With Texas

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2467
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 10-31-2019 at 08:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Didn't watch, but from what I saw online

Boy, sure glad we get three more years of Cain Velasquez after he got jobbed and squashed in his debut.

I am genuinely very happy to have Bray as Universal champ. The prospect of him vs. Brock at Survivor Series is very compelling.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4058
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 10-31-2019 at 09:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
Didn't watch, but from what I saw online

Boy, sure glad we get three more years of Cain Velasquez after he got jobbed and squashed in his debut.

I am genuinely very happy to have Bray as Universal champ. The prospect of him vs. Brock at Survivor Series is very compelling.

How do you feel about the prospect of Bray vs Brock vs Adam Cole?

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7842
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 10-31-2019 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WHY THE FUCK DIDNíT THEY PUT THE BELT ON BRAY AT HIAC.

Also...fuck this show for the obvious reasons too.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10721
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 10-31-2019 at 09:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mansoor looked fairly good with the flippy shit. He should fit in well with NXT or 205 if given the chance. No complaints with him at all.

Saw a few female Saudis in and around the ringside seats. I thought it was the law over there that the gender most cursed by Allah was restricted to the nosebleeds when attending events at the Gehenna Dome.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2467
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 10-31-2019 at 10:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9

How do you feel about the prospect of Bray vs Brock vs Adam Cole?

Honestly, could be amazing. Look at the match on NXT last week, with Keith Lee. vs. Dijakovic vs. Roddy Strong, with the two big bulls smacking each other around for dominance while the athletic heel sneak attacks whenever they forget he exists.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Accipiter
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 69
Registered 2-24-2006
Location Richmond, VA

Mood:

posted on 10-31-2019 at 11:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Saw a few female Saudis in and around the ringside seats. I thought it was the law over there that the gender most cursed by Allah was restricted to the nosebleeds when attending events at the Gehenna Dome.

They were probably royal blood accompanied by their husbands or brothers. They just aren't allowed to flash their wrists to any non-related man.

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 705
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 11-1-2019 at 02:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just FF'ed thru it all so I didn't feel as dirty....now I just feel kind of... 'meh.

The only bad thing about Bray winning the tile is it means more matches under that stupid red lighting.

...and did anyone else notice someone threw a water bottle as both Natalya & Lacey as they came down the ramp?

[Edited on 11-1-2019 by G-Spot]

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4373
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 11-1-2019 at 03:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bray's win was a surprise, but not a shock, if that makes sense. I've been talking it up for weeks: he just makes sense on RAW, it's just a matter of what mechanism you use to get there.

Once he's traded over, we can start talking about the RAW vs. SD vs. NXT champ triathlon at Survivor Series.

Regardless: THE RED LIGHT NEEDS TO GO. So bad.

Mansoor: I apologize. You are not part of the problem. You may stay. But unless you're legally allowed to do the late-80s Nikolai Volkoff gimmick ("I disagree with my horrible dictator leaders and am actually a decent human being"), you might have to work on your heel chops.

Nattie and Lacey did us proud. Still a bit upsetting that there were elements of the crowd who did not appreciate it (an early "THISisAWEsome" chant was met by some "No It's Not" blowback), but I don't know how you don't call that a win.

Brock/Cain? I'm still digesting. No way Cain should have won, but is there any reason for it to be that one-sided other than "Brock wanted to get his charter back to the US off the ground as early as possible?"... I mean, I suspect Cain is staying on RAW with Rey, so you don't want an immediate story thread for a rematch, but still....

I didn't hate Tyson Fury. He met the "Lawrence Taylor" low bar and passed it with ease. That said, the ending was dumb to the Nth degree, and I guess he didn't take direction well, so instead of taking advice and doing the work (in which case, he could have been really good), he sort of collected the paycheck without impressing anyone backstage. Likely because he intends to have a boxing match in early 2020 and his handlers told him to not -- you know??? -- actually put forth any effort or anything.

Gallows & Anderson with that trophy is easily the best outcome for that match. Them and AJ should be make that work in spades.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7842
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-1-2019 at 03:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Isnít the easy story that Cain walked in to Lesnarís world and didnít know how to win a wrestling match?

Heís done some Lucha stuff, so thereís more to him. I wouldnít be surprised if he goes away for a bit, comes back at the Rumble, and takes the title off Brock to create a big star to push to the Latino market.

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9471
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-1-2019 at 02:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Holy shit, I didn't even realize that Fiend and Brock are both on Smackdown at the moment. That adds an interesting wrinkle.

Also - I wonder if we're in for a Rollins heel turn in the very near future.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 11-1-2019 at 05:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Cain thing was less of a squash but more of a quick MMA-style match. In fact, it's very similar to a MMA match the Brock lost in a similar way, going in and seemingly on top via strikes but getting caught in a submission. There's definitely going to be a rematch where Cain gets to do a lot more.

It's not like Brock got him in an F-5 and pinned him right away.

Mansoor looked quite good and while Cesaro is so damn good that he can get a 5 star match with a broken broomstick handle, Mansoor has shown that he can go in the ring, and hopefully they let him do it more in a show not in Saudi Arabia.

I hate Cesaro's new ring gear. It looks fine with the jacket and sunglasses when he's walking down the ramp, but in the ring wrestling looks stupid. Go back to looking like the professional wrestler that you are, Claudio!

BRAY WINS! GET RID OF THAT FUCKING RED LIGHT. It's just terrible.

Hey, Anderson and Gallows win something! I'm totally ok with this.

Yay for Natalya and Lacey! Lacey's ring work has definitely stepped up thanks to her ongoing program with Nattie. As far as the negativity from some in the crowd... baby steps. Maybe next year, they'll be allowed to wear cooler looking full outfits like Sasha and Alexa got to in Abu Dhabi.

It's weird, I know it's all propaganda and SA is using WWE to make themselves look like good, but I'm going to try not to be too cynical about this. At least not today. I'm sure tomorrow I'll e given a good reason to be cynical.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
salmonjunkie

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 11-1-2019 at 05:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I also want to add - while I like the look and feel of the new-look WWE Network, the rewind/FF is so fucking crappy. At least, it is on the Apple TV app.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 778
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-1-2019 at 06:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
I also want to add - while I like the look and feel of the new-look WWE Network, the rewind/FF is so fucking crappy. At least, it is on the Apple TV app.

Iíve been watching one of the watch alongs (Halloween Havoc Ď98 with the Something to Wrestle boys) and Iíve watched a match here and a match there as I havenít had over three hours this week to burn through it in one sitting. The Network doesnít keep my place so I have to restart every time. Itís annoying. Not digging this new Network for a lot of reasons.

salmonjunkie

Posts 12677
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 11-1-2019 at 06:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Humberto Carillo is pretty darn good. How long before he loses his last name and just becomes Humberto?
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top