The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (October 28, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4381
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation
Member Is Online

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 10-28-2019 at 10:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (October 28, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: WWE puts the final icing on the Murder Cake that is Thursday's Saudi Arabia show...

Team Hogan vs. Team Flair will be the narrative focus, it seems, with both Team Captains present, and with at least one major match set to take place between their team members (Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre, which I must admit I am looking forward to, given how good last week's Chapter 1 between them was)... Rusev is the other member of Team Hogan who'll be present tonight, while Flair has both Randy Orton and Bobby Lashley.... if WWE is sitting on any kind of swere or surprise to bolster Team Hogan (which seems like such a narrative underdog, especially if you are a Clown Prince and are used to buying Undertaker matches and HBK's retirement and don't really care about "Shorty G"), tonight's the night to do it, with Team Flair holding the numbers advantage....

Rusev, Lana, and Lashley will also all be guests on "The King's Court"..... no wait, I meant to say "King's Divorce Court," because that's what WWE is calling it.... make it stop.

The other major anchor tonight will be a Fall Count Anywhere Match (non-title) between WWEU Champ Seth Rollins and Erick Rowan.... since both of the Stunt Casting Stars for Saudi Arabia's big matches are on SD (Lesnar and Strowman, opposing Velasquez and Fury, respectively), and since Rollins own WWEU Title defense is against ANOTHER SD guy, this is the best they can do as a way to preview the Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt FCA match coming up on Thursday....

That said, probably brace yourself for plenty of video hype packages, given how much of Saudi Arabia's stuff is actually SD-centric, and they are really trying very hard to not break the sanctity of roster rules so soon....

Becky Lynch vs. Kairi Sane is also happening tonight... while there is buzz that Women's Champ Becky will be defending against Kairi and Asuka in singles affairs in the short term, there's no way you don't have Charlotte on the fringes of this, acting in the role of Becky's frenemy.... a nice extended match/story segment would be a nice touch here, given that the women aren't welcome in Saudi Arabia....

US Champ AJ Styles is probably looking at a fresh challenge from Kevin Owens given the events of last week.... however, WWE has previously announced that AJ's next challenger will be determined by a Battle Royale in Saudi Arabia, and KO is one of the Conscientious Objectors who doesn't do Saudi Arabi.... that means a bunch of other RAW guys will probably be jocking for position against The Club tonight, while Owens takes a back seat with a simple straight forward promo about the longer term goals he has....

Tag Champs the Viking Warriors are just part of the big ass "Best Tag Team in the World" Gauntlet match on Thursday, so I doubt their titles are in the spotlight, short term.... that said, general animosity among RAW's tag teams -- perhaps with AOP finally re-appearing inside the ring -- is a certainty tonight....

And one of the Singh Brothers is the new 24/7 Champ, to R-Truth immense confusion, which I assume will be addressed tonight, as well.... afterall the 24/7 Title kind got "made" on the last plane ride to Saudi Arabia, and we all decided to agree it was the good kind of silly....

That is all. End communication.

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6157
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang
Member Is Online

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 10-29-2019 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hmm, quite the quandary aboat what to watch tonight. The Dolphins successfully defending their streak or the lead up to WWE 7Th Century Values Tour '19?

ETA: Startin' with The Dames. Wise choice.

Poor, poor Paige. But I thought she'd be used to getting burning liquid spewed into her eyes by now.

^This^ Terrible Moment in Picking Low Hanging Fruit has been brought to you by yours truly. Hey, thatsa me, Janio!

[Edited on 10-29-2019 by janerd75]

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 10-29-2019 at 12:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Can the Divorce Court divorce this shitty angle from Raw?

Also, while I suppose this eventual Falls Count Anywhere match could actually lead to the fighting going all over, how often does that even happen anymore? We're lucky if they go beyond a bit into the crowd.

Edit: There was a brief moment where I wondered when WWE brought Hardcore Holly back before I realized it was Eric Young.

[Edited on 10-29-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Oh, I love legitimate theatre.

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 10-29-2019 at 12:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Why are these guys wanting to smoke? Most places that's not allowed indoors, so smoking inside the arena would probably require them to hang out by the pyro.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 10-29-2019 at 12:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Street Profits should get back out to the ring, as I suspect they'll have access to plenty of smoke once Flair begins talking. ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

Also, I really hope the Divorce Court segment comes immediately after this.

Edit: Aw, my joke failed. I was expecting a lot more talking and a lot less anything else.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1653
Registered 12-28-2010
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 10-29-2019 at 01:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I didn't know until right this second that I wanted to see Drew McIntyre clock Hulk Hogan, then do his "You're nothing! You're pathetic! You've never lived up to the legend!" thing that he did with Kurt Angle.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
NOOOOOOOO NOT THE FUNKO POPS. YOU DAMN MONSTER.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6157
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
A-E-DUB! A-E-DUB! A-E...... heyyyyyyy, wayment.............

Iíll give AEW credit ... while they lack in womanís wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8922
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

Also, while I suppose this eventual Falls Count Anywhere match could actually lead to the fighting going all over, how often does that even happen anymore? We're lucky if they go beyond a bit into the crowd.

The most recent FCA match I recall is Shane/Miz from this yearís WM which had the fighting go all over the damn place.

Don't Mess With Texas

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
They've been EVERYWHERE. Everywhere as listed in the Official WWE Guide to the Pre-Approved Locations One May Go in a Falls Count Anywhere Match, 2019 Edition. Now if someone got tossed in a lake/river/kiddie pool again, I'll get excited.

It also occurs to me, the Team Hogan vs. Team Flair stuff for SummerSand should've been handled via that classic WCW staple, the monster truck sumo match. That would be AMAZING.

Edit: Hey, it's one of my favorite parts of any backstage fighting! Those metal poles someone inevitably hits that make a bunch of noise when they fall on the floor!

Also, in terms of me semi-bitching about FCA matches not going to more interesting places often enough, I pretty much only meant TV-level matches. I just have a fond memory of some match that I THINK was between Hardcore Holly and Road Dogg over the Hardcore Title where one of them got powerbombed on a wooden pallet outside while it was snowing. My hazy memories of more recent examples mostly just seem to consist of some combination of being in the crowd to a degree, a backstage hallway, or the concourse area where someone's going into a table with some stuff on it at some point.

Edit II: You know, I was fairly happy that Raw was ending with a nice match and more Street Profits stuff. Then I started wondering about what would be next to fill out the rest of the night. I forgot the Rusev/Lana/Lashley stuff hadn't yet arrived to shit on everything. Maybe the segment will play out with red lighting, and it will suddenly come to an end when a referee runs out and demands the show wrap up.

Edit III: My heart does, indeed, go out to Rusev. But he has a cool suit, so he's probably fine.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10744
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75

Poor, poor Paige. But I thought she'd be used to getting burning liquid spewed into her eyes by now.

You'd think that a show that opens with Paige getting sprayed in the face would be all kinds of awesome but it looks like WWE went out of their way to prove that assumption wrong.

Ah, well, no biggie. I gave up after Becky vs bad Japanese ladies so I figure I haven't missed much. Didn't need to stick around for a three-hour advert for Blood-For-Oil Part Quatre- Electric Araby Beheading Boogaloo anyway.

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This stuff is very, very stupid. That is all.

Edit: A good ending for the night! I speak specifically of what I think was a crowd member yelling THIS IS WEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIRRRRRDDDDDDD before the show ended. Otherwise, it was another load of shit. YAY WWE! It's times like this (and so very many other things) when I wish either AEW aired during Raw, or Raw and NXT switched nights.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10744
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-29-2019 at 03:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And, as per usual with RAW, most are glad that it's finally over.

I'd like to blame the St. Louis crowd for sucking but it's not like they were given much to get excited about either. Normally I'm a fan of guys getting nailed in the crotch by women but not the way they did it tonight. Assholes! Hey, what's Aleks Ruskev, the Bulgarian Butcher, doing in the AEW Zone, Schiavone?!?!?!?

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4381
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation
Member Is Online

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 10-29-2019 at 03:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
Becky Lynch vs. Kairi Sane is also happening tonight... a nice extended match/story segment would be a nice touch here, given that the women aren't welcome in Saudi Arabia....

Holy shit, if my opinion matters in this day and age, RAW got off to a kick-ass start!

[Yes it does, and yes it did.]

But then, not so much.

Ricochet/McIntyre needed to hold serve against the women's match, and it didn't. Dumb non-finish that fails to move the needle for a random 5-on-5 match on a PPV no one is gonna watch? Whee.

Rollins/Rowan was actually quite solid, with more extracurriculars than you might expect. But that said, no amount of Clangy Poles makes it OK to revisit the forklift silliness that was Halftime Heat. Even if you have the announcers drop in "OOffensive OOnslaught" as part of the call.

Styles/Carillo was also solid, but didn't quite hit top gear. I'm assuming this is the afforementioned issue where WWE is mapping out Styles vs. Owens, but since Owens isn't going to Saudi Arabia (and Carillo is), we have to settle for now.

And yeah, even if it had been a grade-A RAW up until then (and it wasn't, it was maybe grade-C+), the ending was terrible. I am of two minds: (1) Paul Heyman did not ever, in one billion years, come up with that shit. Or (2) Paul Heyman has lost it, and only got away with his "relationship" angles in ECW because he could sleaze it up and invite the audience to spank to various bits of lesbianism and partial nudity.

I am more terrified than ever that Jerry Springer is under contract for a "Who's the baby's daddy?" Segment during November sweeps. WWE and USA deserve whatever they get if they don't just stop this nonsense now.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4076
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 10-29-2019 at 03:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You know how sometimes the bad angles dig so deep that they churn out gold like the creepy Kane-Lita angle giving us their amazing wedding ceremony?

I feel that's what they were going for tonight. Lana, bless her heart did her damndest to make this work. The brief return of Russian accent when she was talking about having baby Rusevs. Going on a rant about being a career woman only to then say in a perfect deadpan voice ''nah, he cheated'' was the real reason for everything. Also props to Rusev for the delivery of ''can you blame me'' and the fan screaming out ''this is weeiiirdd'' as the show fades out.

Not quite a home run but I'll give them props for everybody try to make the best out of it.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7605
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 10-29-2019 at 03:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The current Rusev/Lana/Lashley angle is one of those perplexing things that the WWE has done for years and there's just no answer as to why. Who came up with this idea? Why do they think it makes good TV? What's the ultimate end goal here? Though like First 9 said, I think the best we can hope for is that this shit gets so over the top and/or silly that it actually becomes entertaining.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I love the newly heel Kabuki Warriors and everything involving them and Becky to open the show was great.

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1362
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC
Member Is Online

posted on 10-29-2019 at 09:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That's been my thought too. They just need to find the right way to drive it forward off the cliff so it blows up on the rocks below in spectacular fashion. As I keep thinking Rusev is occasionally giving off a vibe of "oh boy, I'm getting THAT kind of a push again," it feels like he's regularly in a position to just say or do something that tries to sand the rough "this is being taken 100% seriously" edges off the whole thing.

Similarly, I suddenly had the thought that once Lana went on about Rusev cheating on her, why not make things even weirder and have it turn out that yes, he HAD been cheating on Lana. WITH LASHLEY. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN. And then somewhere in there everyone forgets what they were doing, and who they were doing it to, and it just segues into another thing that's totally unrelated. Or bring back Dr. Shelby and try a re-do of Team Hell No, except maybe it's also basically a retread of MNM but everyone's banging everyone.

I don't know, it's 5 in the morning now and my mind is slowly shutting off.

Oh, and I suppose I don't need to feel TOO bad about any quality issues tonight (and in recentish weeks) beyond the stuff that just wouldn't work anyway, as I keep forgetting they have to deal with the Saudi stuff forcing sort of random and/or nonsensical changes to things to account for the people who will or won't be going. So presumably by next week things can snap back into a more proper form, or as good as one can expect WWE programming to be on average. Except we'll still have Rusev Twilight. TIS A SNAPPY NICKNAME, I SAY.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3080
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím as against Crown Jewel in Journamurderland as anyone here, but saying the McIntyre/Ricochet match didnít move the needle is an exercise in ignoring facts. The crowd was hot for that match, and even more so for Randy hitting that nasty RKO on Ricochet. It may not be what we want here, but for last night at the very least, it worked.

[Edited on 10-29-2019 by denverpunk]

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8922
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-29-2019 at 03:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My prediction for the ending of Lashley / Lana / Rusev is that Lana and Rusev were working together this whole time to pull one over on Lashley and in the end there's going to be that one 'A HA!' moment where boy do they put Lashley in his place and reveal that Lana and Rusev were always still together and they celebrate in the ring with hugs and deep kisses and laughing at that poor humiliated Lashley. This will likely involve Lana also making jokes about Lashley having a tiny peepee and having no bedroom stamina, nothing like her brute Rusev LOLZ.

Of course nevermind that Rusev will have endured months of humiliation leading up to it and Lana whoring herself out for months to get to that point.

It will be that ending payoff that matters and that we all remember. Boy that Lashley sure got it good. Sucks to be him!

Don't Mess With Texas

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7422
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 10-29-2019 at 05:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You definitely WWE.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8306
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 10-29-2019 at 05:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Remember Rusev Day and how over that was? Yeah... good thing they put a pin in that before it got too over.

The ideal ending to this will be Rusev saying, "fuck this shit" and showing up on Wednesday nights.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7873
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 10-29-2019 at 06:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím thinking this leads in to either Rusev, Lana, or Lashley claiming they were forced to do this by ďcreativeĒ in a Russo-iffic ďthe rest of the show is fake but THIS part is REAL!Ē moment.

2 weeks after that, Rusev and Lashley will tag against two random faces.

[Edited on 10-29-2019 by bigfatgoalie]

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3165
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map
Member Is Online

Mood: Old

posted on 10-29-2019 at 08:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The worst part of the Lashley angle is that my avatar GIF was taken during his most fun match ever where people were finally taking to his character and they follow it up with a 2 month absence and then THIS.

Sigh ...

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, 0 Time Award Winner

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6157
Registered 1-28-2013
Member Is Online

posted on 10-29-2019 at 08:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
No worries my favorite Jersey cow! Today's av specials include what scintillating sexy shenanigans Ol' Bob has been up to the past few weeks that put your old av to shame...

So. Much. Shame.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10744
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 10-29-2019 at 09:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
The worst part of the Lashley angle is that my avatar GIF was taken during his most fun match ever where people were finally taking to his character and they follow it up with a 2 month absence and then THIS.

Sigh ...

Not just Lashley but Lio Rush too. That obnoxious little kid was becoming fantastically entertaining as Lashley's mouthpiece, essentially being the main factor in finally making Bobby interesting. That tandem they had contained a lot of potential, especially with Lio finally getting fed to the likes of Rollins and Reigns for some periodic crushing. Yeah, I get that he sort of shit the bed with some of his backstage antics, but it's not like he crossed into Enzo & Cass territory of becoming a total jerkoff. Them making him 205 champ via some really fantastic matches lately shows that they still have faith in him and he deserved a second chance.

Also - rare & precious Janerd75 sighting! squee!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top