The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WWE 2K Games Thread
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3162
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map
Member Is Online

Mood: Old

posted on 10-24-2019 at 10:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My game keeps crashing. Yeah ... itís a piece of garbage. I want to stress that there are better things about it than 2K19, but yes, itís a mess.

Iím still having fun though so F it.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, 0 Time Award Winner

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2444
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 10-25-2019 at 04:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

Edit - aside from Spider-Man you like some wack ass games.

[Edited on 10-24-2019 by DKBroiler]

Anyone wanna co-sign this?

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Whatís your malfunction man? Itís not like Iím on some propaganda barnstorming tour. If you really need a list of games with shit launches how about NBA2K each of the last 2 years, Red Dead Redemption 2 last year, Tennis World Tour which took 2 years and still isnít totally fixed, literally every Elder Scrolls Online update and numerous others. Shit happens.

[Edited on 10-24-2019 by DKBroiler]

Ah, I get it now, unless it's some Triple A-produced, microtransaction/lootbox/DLC/bug/glitch-laden bullshit that's advertised ad nauseam, you don't buy it. Basically, going from the games listed above, you only buy things that everyone else talks about playing.

What's my malfunction? You sit here and obviously know quite a bit about the game of lootboxes and DLC, yet try to tell us that we should all just accept this world of incomplete games being released with terrible glitches, with your one big fallback being "it'll be patched out, jesus".

Games didn't used to need to be patched. We used to buy games that were entirely whole, had proper playtesting done on them over the development cycle. Games like that are still released, and yeah, most, if not all of them have patches released, but you know what those patches usually fix on games like the ones I listed? TINY THINGS.

Red Dead was released in completely playable form and if someone wasn't connected to the servers, would have been able to beat it at launch without running into any sort of game-breaking glitches, which was a huge feat.

This whole idea of you telling us to accept THESE games (games like WWE) for being shit and incomplete is laughable. That's almost like telling a parent to buy this toy that's missing it's accessories and a leg, because in a few weeks the manufacturer will send those parts to the store and you can get them then. Who the fuck would buy a toy like that for their kid? You paying for video games like this is the electronic equivalent.

For a "wack ass" game like, say, Smash Bros. Ultimate, patches are released to fix things like "oh shit, this character seems to be OP/UP, let's buff or nerf a move or two here". For a "wack ass" game like, say, God Of War, a patch will be released to sync an audio file or something, or to sync subtitles and maybe patch up that random cliff that Kratos will get stuck on for a few seconds. My point? These glitches are minuscule and don't break the fucking games. They've been released as completely as they would have been back in the pre-2005 days, yet we have the pleasure of being able to have them patched up quickly and efficiently. On top of that, their patches take like, a minute to download and are around 25-100 MB, whereas a fucking patch for broken ass messes like WWE 2K20 will take 7-15, or even 25-30 GB of an update to fix.

And all of that? That's JUST FUCKING DANDY to you (since you buy this shit), a consumer who continues to speak with their wallet for all the wrong reasons and let these big-time publishers know - you'll happily pay for this AND next years product, because you've accepted the way they program and market games towards people like you.

"Hey guys, it'll just be patched out with some huge fucking update every sane person DOESN'T want to download for this SIXTY DOLLAR GAME I PAID FULL PRICE FOR UNDER THE CRAZY ASSUMPTION THAT IT WOULD RELEASE IN COMPLETE FORM"

Also, can you find any sort of comment I made that stated that things wouldn't get patched? To quote The Rick - congratulations, you have taken something I said, imagined that I said something else, and responded to your imagination.

What else is my malfunction? I don't want to rely on WWE every fucking year for a wrestling fix and I'll be damned if Fire Pro Wrestling is my only other option, because Fire Pro gets old and is limited in the sort of matches and spots you can do.

Also, I am ridiculous if I think withholding my 60 dollars matters? That's the ONLY thing that matters if you actually want anything to change. Stop buying their shit. Comments like that are repugnant and completely gloss over the real problems, and that's some bullshit.

Because of your mind frame and general acceptance of incomplete trash being released for full price with the ďsaving graceĒ being an eventual patch-up, companies like Bethesda can get away with doing things like releasing a 100 dollar yearly membership for shit like Fallout 76 a yesr after itís release because people like you continue to pay for shit like that.

People like YOU are the reasons publishers rush developers to...ahem..ĒfinishĒ games on a yearly basis, so they can suck you for all the money you will inevitably spend on their shit. People like YOU are the reason games like WWE 2K20 release in their state.

quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

Gamers are intense man.

I denounce the titling of myself as a "gamer". I don't make money off of video games, and they do not reflect my personality as a whole, and am lucky enough to play about 5-6 new games every year. I might beat a lot of games, but they're usually games I have beaten before and can beat quite easily these days due to quick-rewind, save states and whatnot.

I am PASSIONATE about my hobbies, mate. They donít reflect my core personality.
[Edited on 10-25-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

[Edited on 10-25-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3162
Registered 1-25-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 10-25-2019 at 01:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You have issues. You spend your $60 on a kitten or something.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2444
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 10-25-2019 at 02:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, at least I didnít buy WWE 2K20.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2444
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 10-29-2019 at 02:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WWE 2K20 critical reception was so bad (0% critics liked it), it led to Opencritic discovering a bug in their website

https://opencritic.com/game/8453/wwe-2k20

ďOne nice thing we can say about WWE 2K20:

It helped us find a display bug. When 0% of critics recommend a game, we incorrectly displayed ?% instead of 0%.Ē -OpenCritic twitter feed

This makes me believe this's the first game ever to get a 0% on opencritic since it started years ago.

Itís so god damn buggy that it causes bugs in other software.

What a travesty this game has been.

[Edited on 10-29-2019 by CamstunPWG187]

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2444
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-29-2019 at 04:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
https://youtu.be/icluPCghdA4

Thank you to everyone who didnít buy this piece of shit, youíve started something that will hopefully pave a new road to better wrestling games, but not anytime soon.

Basically, the failure of the game has resulted in the budget for next years game being slashed, funding cut from any sort of redeemable patches for this years version, and developers leaving for greener pastures.

Next year, the game will be seriously stripped down, but maybe theyíll learn from this. Iím glad people voted with their wallets this year.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7420
Registered 5-24-2004
Member Is Online

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-30-2019 at 04:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Between 2K Sports and WWE, I don't think "lessons being learned" is in either of their wheelhouses. 2K had a good baseball game early in the 2000's, then made it worse, and doubled down each year until people stopped buying and they lost the rights to the MLB. And WWE is WWE: just look at the last 20 years or so.

Next year is probably a good skip year, too, because the new XBox and Playstations come out at the end of the year and sports games coming out at the end of a generation and beginning of a new one always seem to suck. So...2K22 it is.

Also, for all the people who were on the fence about buying this during the extended Black Friday sale: the DLC characters were leaked and no new characters are coming, just reskins (including Southpaw Regional Wrestling reskins). So the roster you have is the roster you stick with, even for an extra $20.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2444
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-30-2019 at 04:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The knee-slappers keep coming
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3162
Registered 1-25-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 12-3-2019 at 07:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
The knee-slappers keep coming

In the interest of being fair, as much as I didnít like how he said it Cam ended up being 100% correct. I think we are 3 updates in - as I suspected we would be in the current release and update world - but I cannot at all tell what was actually fixed. The game is essentially unplayable garbage that looks worse.

The sad part is a few of the features they added actually are cool but itís like putting tits on a warthog. No amount of ďfeaturesĒ makes up for the complete lack of good gameplay or 1999 level graphics.

Iíve uninstalled it and went back to 2K19 which is superior in every way at this point.

For what itís worth, if you have 2K19 my guide for how to make your universe not suck works perfectly, but yes, save your money as I should have done.

Sorry.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2444
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 12-5-2019 at 02:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Itís all good, man.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply