The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Smackdown 10/11
phansett
And I am AWESOME

Posts 238
Registered 4-15-2003
Location Chicagoland

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 10-11-2019 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Smackdown 10/11

Night 1 of draft, official end of wildcard.
Who do you think goes where?
I imagine Cain has to be drafted high to same show as Brock.
Roman(S) v Seth(R) for #1 pick.
Thoughts?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   phansett 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   phansett 's Yahoo
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4339
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 10-11-2019 at 11:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also Bayley gets her SD title rematch against Charlotte. Notably, neither woman is eligible to be drafted tonight.

To that end: WWE split their roster up into two "pools," with one available to be drafted tonight, the other on Monday. This is so that there is an even split of headliners/midcarders/curtainjerkers in each portion of the draft, instead of RAW getting shafted with only the later rounds.

As of now, this is supposedly the pool for tonight:

Roman Reigns
The O.C. (United States Champion AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson)
"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
Becky Lynch (RAW Women's Champ)
Drew McIntyre
Randy Orton
Sasha Banks
Ricochet
Braun Strowman
Bobby Lashley
Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross
Lacey Evans
The Viking Raiders
The Revival (SD Tag Champs)
Natalya
The Street Profits
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado)
Cesaro
Kevin Owens
Humberto Carrillo
Akira Tozawa
Sin Cara
Eric Young
EC3
Chad Gable
Heath Slater
Drew Gulak
The B-Team
Tamina

Any group or tag team listed together count as one pick (unless the picking network only wants one member, in which case, all groups are able to be broken up, but why would either network be that dumb? oh, wait, because the two networks aren't actually picking, and this is still WWE).

WWE has also announced RAW gets 3 picks for every 2 SD gets, to account for RAW's extra hour. So look for SD to "win" tonight on big names, while RAW packs on the quality depth on Monday.

Sorry I didn't get this started myself in a timely manner. I decided I was long overdue for an oil change/check-up on my way home tonight, and instead of 20 minutes, it wound up being a 2 hour ordeal because I didn't schedule ahead. Who schedules ahead at Jiffy F. Lube?

I digress. End Communication.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7805
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 10-12-2019 at 12:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Joe just made a snarky little comment on AEW in a very subtle way. Must be nice for him to be working someplace that pays folks on time for a change.

Also...

How does no one point out how important it was for RAW to draft their champions, and how SmackDown could now feel pressure to make sure Charlotte and Nakamura stay on the blue brand?

ETA: Oh how much better Rene is without Graves talking over her. And how much better Graves is when he doesn't have another announcer to "feud" with over stupid things. 2 person booths are just so much better.

[Edited on 10-12-2019 by bigfatgoalie]

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1318
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 10-12-2019 at 01:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've missed over half the show so far, but reading that Lashley is staying on Raw, I wonder if Rusev could land on SD and put an end to the silly relationship shit.

Edit: I'm guessing maybe it's due to the wildcard nonsense, but it seems a bit weird to phrase some of these as "so and so is headed to whatever" when they were already there to begin with, technically.

Edit II: Cool, so I guess now the Street Profits can wrestle on Raw instead of just show up to recap stuff! And then probably be ruined somehow!

Edit III: Oh shit, Bayley's gone fully EEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL. I almost wish they'd just adjusted her face persona to fit being a heel. She's a hugger, but she ISN'T GENTLE ABOUT IT. Could've also gone for a death metal cover of her usual theme.

[Edited on 10-12-2019 by Il Palazzo]

Oh, I love legitimate theatre.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6037
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: WHY IS ANYTHING

posted on 10-12-2019 at 01:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I too also would like to acknowledge tonight's wrasslin' in general and Cherlette's Cans™ n' Bayley's NuHair™ n' OG Donk™ in particular.

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1318
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 10-12-2019 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hooray New Hair Bayley! A sign for future title challengers. Change your hair, win a title. And get SASSY.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6037
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 10-12-2019 at 02:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2450
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 10-12-2019 at 02:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pretty blah on the whole, outside of the main event. That said, very happy about the rise of Evil Bayley to her full power. The new hair looks good (as, yes, does her butt).

Is Charlotte having an issue? Her mouth is bleeding every match. GINGIVITIS IS THE REAL VILLAIN. Love her dumbfounded look after getting pinned, just incredulous and unhappy.

RAW definitely seems to have the better overall picks so far, but eh.

The stuff with the 'draft rooms' and their fake celebrations was really, really dumb.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Accipiter
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 67
Registered 2-24-2006
Location Richmond, VA

Mood:

posted on 10-12-2019 at 02:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Noticed no one has mentioned Bayley's other change....her new eye color. I know, I know, other ass_ets.

Woods seemed to have become very close to that breast cancer survivor, almost a little toooo close.

[Edited on 10-12-2019 by Accipiter]

-Followed Rule #12 for 12 years

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1318
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 10-12-2019 at 02:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hadn't noticed Charlotte getting bloody lately beyond tonight, I think. Also thought it was maybe her nose, since I think she smeared it across her face after the fact and it seemed nose-level.

My favorite part about the network executive tripe was thinking about that Christian movie War Room whenever they popped up. They should've tried praying to give someone food poisoning. That apparently works.

Also the part where the Raw group was celebrating a bit too actively about getting Natalya. I don't dislike her a ton like some can, but it's not like they secured a time-displaced, career prime Rock or something.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4339
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 10-12-2019 at 03:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Leave it to y'all to, at long last, on a night where Bayley wins another title in a very fine match and executes a career-changing character make-over, to dedicate the thread to finally recognize that the chick has a crazily hot body. What, did you think the chaste hugger thing was a shoot, or something?

Welcome to the club, stragglers! Now, at least PRETEND that's not the biggest takeaway from tonight. BAYLEY IS A SERIAL INFLATABLE TUBE PERSON KILLER~! Also: champion.

Draft-wise, I'm still not really feeling it in terms of the overall shapes of the rosters, so I will wait till Monday to see the rest, and won't get TOO worked up, just yet. That said, I'd have been a lot more sanguine about things if they had made one simple change: flip-flop The Club and Bray Wyatt.

The former on SD makes it less one-sided for RAW just in terms of man-power. The latter puts Bray in Paul Heyman's hands, where he's less likely to be misused by a confused FOX Sports Division middle manager who gives notes every week to Eric Bischoff.

All of the painfully-pre-taped skits with FOX Sports personalities were terrible, except for the one with the NFL Desk Jockeys (they actually seemed familiar with the product), and the very last one, with some dude who dropped some actual knowledge on us:

1) There will be a window for trades after the draft.
2) There are a number of stars on the injured reserve (no less than Samoa Joe, for instance), who are not eligible to be drafted, but who will be added to the free agent pool. As it stands there are 10 undrafted free agents from tonight, and there will be 15 more after Monday, and that's before adding back in the injured list (if rumors are true, I fully expect THIS to be where Edge makes a surprise return; maybe Rousey, too).

In other words, even after you think the Draft is done, it ain't done. Ahhhhhhhh, the drama!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Accipiter
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 67
Registered 2-24-2006
Location Richmond, VA

Mood:

posted on 10-12-2019 at 03:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It was the back of Charlotte's hand that was bleeding, she kept rubbing it on everything else.

-Followed Rule #12 for 12 years

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7805
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 10-12-2019 at 03:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Raw
* Becky Lynch
* The O.C. (AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, and Luke Gallows)
* Drew McIntyre
* Randy Orton
* Ricochet
* Bobby Lashley
* Alexa Bliss
* Kevin Owens
* Natalya
* The Viking Raiders (Erik & Ivar)
* Nikki Cross
* The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)

Smackdown
* Roman Reigns
* Bray Wyatt
* Sasha Banks
* Braun Strowman
* Lacey Evans
* The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder)
* Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, & Kalisto)
* Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)

Why the fuck would you separate Orton and The Revival? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

So...Cesaro is a free agent? As in free to go to to NXT/NXT UK? Because...yes please. I want that teased Cesaro vs WALTER match.

Also...is Brock going to be on TV every week? Seeing as we know he doesn’t care how he is used, just wants to get PAID...maybe we can get that Kofi/Brock non-squash. In other Brock news, either he regains the belt at Mania to finally defeat ByGawdItsNotThatKane or Velasquez wins the Rumble and then wins the title. And I’m ok with either if it means no Roman in the title picture at Mania.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4022
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 10-12-2019 at 03:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The tv execs celebrating over getting Natayla made me laugh. Also I chuckled at the idiocy of RAW wasting two picks to get Bliss and Cross when they were eligible to be drafted as a tag team.

I'm a bit puzzled on Wyatt getting drafted to SD. Assuming Seth stays on RAW since he's the Champion that sort of leaves their feud in an awkward place.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2392
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 10-12-2019 at 03:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Joe just made a snarky little comment on AEW in a very subtle way. Must be nice for him to be working someplace that pays folks on time for a change.

....Gonna tell us what he said?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6037
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 10-12-2019 at 03:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie

....Gonna tell us what he said?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/dgof0r/smackdown_spoilers_samoa_joe_with_the_burn_of_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10651
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 10-12-2019 at 04:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
I too also would like to acknowledge tonight's wrasslin' in general and Cherlette's Cans™ n' Bayley's NuHair™ n' OG Donk™ in particular.

Cans like that have to make a trip to Vegas at least once a lifetime. That's the entire point of a town like Vegas, to draw Charlotte-grade bewbage to it like Muslims to Mecca.

[Edited on 10/12/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9464
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-12-2019 at 06:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would like to start this post by saying thank you, Paddlefoot, for gifting the world with your current avatar.

That said, I thought the draft was SOOOOOO stupid!! Mainly because of how they were acting like it was so groundbreaking when, say, The OC got drafted to Raw and they were like "OMG, do you know what this means?! The OC are going to Raw!!" Motherfuckers, The OC were just on Raw THIS PAST MONDAY!! Not exactly amazing that, OMG, they're going to be on a show they were just on a week before. Goon tried to halfway defend it while I was texting my thoughts by saying it basically means that they'll ONLY be on Raw going forward but still. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Just like the stupid war room footage and "Shorty" Gable.

WTF Bischoff?!

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1318
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 10-12-2019 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I still assume one could view the announcements of people going to shows they were already on as simply treating it as no one is officially on any show until the draft is basically finished. Since so far I think the OC, Viking Raiders, Ricochet, Alexa, and Nikki were all Raw people to begin with, if you ignored the clusterfuckery of the wildcard stuff. It did have the feel of someone saying you now have a five dollar bill in your pocket as if you should be super excited by this, except it was there before they said it anyway. But THESE draft announcements were accompanied by people in rooms reacting to things, and a group of people talking about the impact of said draft announcements. So it's fancy.

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1785
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 10-12-2019 at 11:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I liked the Bailey full heel turn. The hair is a big improvement and getting rid of those goddamn car dealership inflatables was the best thing they could have done for her! This change should have been done back when she teamed up with a returning Sasha Banks, but whatever.

Shorty Gable? Really WWE.....way to be a star and not bully or shame anyone!!! Fucking hypocrites! I was waiting for Cole to call him "Little Bastard" i.e. Hornswoggle.

The draft rooms with the phony executives was beyond dumb. I heard Vince got a real hard on when he saw how the NFL draft was conducted in Dallas back in 2018 and wanted to replicate that feel for the WWE draft. Just idiotic all the way around! The only good thing to come out of it this year, is that they got rid of the stupid Wild Card rule, so there will be no back and forth with the talent. Let's see how long that lasts.

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4339
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 10-14-2019 at 05:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WWE has released the "supplemental" portion of Draft Part 1...

SD gets Apollo Crews, Drew Gulak, the B-Team, Heath Slater, and Tamina.

RAW gets EC3, Sin Cara, and Eric Young.

If we are to accept the released list as canonical, that leaves 4 undrafted performers: Cesaro, Chad Gable, Humberto Carillo, and Akira Tozawa.

However, it was not canonical, since there were 3 unlisted performers who DID get drafted (Heavy Machinery and Apollo Crews).

Carillo and Tozawa make sense (they will got to NXT and follow the cruiserweight title).... Cesaro could well land in NXT, as well, but no way Gable isn't sticking on the main roster, one way or the other.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10651
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 10-14-2019 at 05:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Sucks for Shorty given that the matches he just had are about 100% responsible for making King Corbin slightly interesting.

Would have liked to see them end the draft the same way they did the one about three years ago. Heath Slater once again all alone, forgotten, in a dark room muttering "but I got kids!". As per Die Hard 2 how can the same thing happen to the same guy twice?!?!?

[Edited on 10/14/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4339
Registered 12-27-2001

posted on 10-14-2019 at 10:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ironically enough, I was thinking of the "Heath Slater Spot" over the weekend, too..... and the guy I came up with for it was none other than the very same King Corbin.

I don't mean this in a personal-vendetta/revenge sort of petty political burial, either. I honestly think it could be highly entertaining, and might help the giant load turn the corner from "just go away" heat to the kind of heat that might be productive.

Have him go undrafted, but still keeps showing up on both brands whining about how he's the King and yadda yadda yadda. Have various unpaid extras pretend to be FOX/USA execs, and tell him "yeah, but you suck in general" and "yeah, but you can't be Chad Gable, specifically." Have Corbin reduced to a wandering King of the Hobos as he sells off his crown and sceptre, at which point he hits rock bottom and becomes a massive force of destruction who does all sorts of heinous outside-the-ring attacks to get people's attention, since nobody will hire him to do anything inside the ring.

Hey, it can't flop any worse than Erick Rowan's Summer of Mystery Attacks, right?

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 10-14-2019 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
Leave it to y'all to, at long last, on a night where Bayley wins another title in a very fine match and executes a career-changing character make-over, to dedicate the thread to finally recognize that the chick has a crazily hot body. What, did you think the chaste hugger thing was a shoot, or something?

Since we are once again having discussions of women's anatomy, I'll chime in with my recognition of Bayley secretly having some of the nicest bOObies on the roster, even though the kid-friendly outfit she had to wear to fit her character tried to hide them. Hopefully now that she's all evil she'll be allowed to show off her sexy side.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top