The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Streaming Audio Services
BBMN
HAVES A CROOKED DICK!! !

Posts 2511
Registered 6-27-2007
Location tumblr

Mood: SJW

posted on 9-29-2019 at 08:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Streaming Audio Services

I currently use Pandora, but the free version has lackluster bitrate, and too many ads.

I'm thinking about going for their premium service that $5 a month. Much better quality and no ads.

What service do you use? Best aspects of it? Worst? Basically am I living in the stone age for considering Pandora Plus?

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7587
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 9-29-2019 at 09:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've subscribed to Google Play Music for a couple of years and like it a lot. It has a really intuitive and easy to use layout, pretty much any band/song I search for (unless it's something really obscure), and lets you make as many custom playlists as you want. Not to mention I use it every day at work, so it's definitely worth the $9.99 a month to me.

With that said, I'm sure most music streaming services are pretty comparable these days, but I definitely give Google Play Music a recommendation.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12690
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 9-29-2019 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I use Apple Music. I like it a lot.

Best: a lot of music available, allows you to upload your already downloaded or ripped MP3s up to the cloud, and works seamlessly with Apple products if you already own those. Family sharing options is nice too.

Worst: I donít have anything I donít like about to be honest. I donít have any Amazon Echo or Google Home products so I have no idea if it works with those things.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7852
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 9-30-2019 at 10:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is it odd that I still buy CDs and records? Hell, I still buy stuff off of iTunes. I just like having things without worrying about it being pulled from a service.

That being said, if I do need something besides the days of music I own, I use my libraryís digital service to borrow things. Most bigger releases are available, and I tend to listen to an album multiple times, so being limited to just a few albums a month is no big deal. Plus, itís free.

If I was going to pay for something, itíd likely be YouTube Premium so Iíd have the added benefit of ad-free YouTube.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 778
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-22-2019 at 03:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
I've subscribed to Google Play Music for a couple of years and like it a lot. It has a really intuitive and easy to use layout, pretty much any band/song I search for (unless it's something really obscure), and lets you make as many custom playlists as you want. Not to mention I use it every day at work, so it's definitely worth the $9.99 a month to me.

With that said, I'm sure most music streaming services are pretty comparable these days, but I definitely give Google Play Music a recommendation.

Microplay

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top