GO DAYTON FLYERS!!!
Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (August 20, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4484
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 8-20-2019 at 11:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: SmackDown (August 20, 2019)

Tonight on SmackDown: three matches and one major angle are locked in, and are likely to make up the bulk of the show...

First up, two KotR opening round matches will feature Andrade [redacted] [redacted] (a strong favorite, in my opinion, if for no reason other than Queen Vega adds a nice wrinkle to the schtick) facing Apollo Crews (not a favorite), as well as a possible main event caliber contest between Kevin Owens and Elias.... the former should be a "fairly straight forward affair" (EUPHEMISM ALERT~!), but the latter is sure to play into the over-arching Owens/Shane McMahon stuff, with all kinds of wonderful shenanigans and counter shenanigans...

Then, our third scheduled match actually ties into the aforementioned major angle.... Daniel Bryan says he will reveal Roman Reigns' Mystery Attacker tonight, after standing accused himself... but before he does, he will do battle with same said accuser: Buddy Murphy.... given the outstanding breakout match Murphy had last week against Reigns, I have high hopes for something even better tonight....

And then.... then comes the reveal. I have no idea what to expect, really.... what started out as a planned Reigns vs. Samoa Joe SummerSlam match suddenly took a random turn, and the buzz was that WWE decided to push Bryan as Reigns' attacker... but instead of a straight reveal, they milked it for a whole month (skipping SummerSlam entirely), with Bryan now apparently in the clear, meaning that an entirely different 3rd suspect is guilty of tormenting Reigns.... I guess they could just have it be Bryan anyway (or Rowan acting without Bryan's knowledge for some reason), but at this point, and after all the build-up, that'd be a rather thudtastic flop... by the same token, short of somebody not on the active everyday roster (e.g. NXT call-up, returning from injury or from "requested time off," etc), I'm not sure it won't be a flop anyway without it also being a total left-field reboot from an existing regular.....

Randy Orton will be getting another shot at Kofi Kingston's WWE Title at the upcoming Clash of Champions, and has delivered two ass-whuppins to Kofi over the last week or so... on presumes their paths will cross again tonight...

In related news, the Revival (technically from RAW, but just go with it) have emerged as Randy's Goon Squad in a rather pitch perfect pairing of methodical old school brawlers (which is a much nicer way of saying "lethargic, anachronistic punchy-kicky guys")... and it is no coincidence that they are no in line for a shot at Big E and Woods' tag titles, too... various iterations and permutations of matches with these 6 guys write themselves in the lead up to the PPV where all titles must be defended...

With that in mind, SD also has business to tend to regarding Bayley's Women's Title, where Charlotte seems like an almost no-brainer after she retired Trish Stratus and then squashed the previous #1 Contender (Ember Moon) last Tuesday..... IC Champ Shinsuke Nakamura has been practically absent from TV over the last month, but was last seen taking issue with Mustafa Ali, so that might be WWE's play to invent an IC feud heading into the CoC event.... Aleister Black would be the other likely candidate (and I happen to think would be a very nice stylistic fit with Shin)...

That is all. End communication...

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 10pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1520
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 8-21-2019 at 01:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Still seems a shame that Woods loves King of the Ring, and not only isn't included in it but also ends up with his leg attacked last night.

Hey, my jacket.

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 811
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 8-21-2019 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wowsers! I've never been so envious of Aleister Black before.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1520
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 8-21-2019 at 01:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also, there was a good match! Although I would like to see a few more instances of people not allowing outside interference to keep them 100% blinded to the fact that their opponent will almost certainly blindside them for the win once they remember they're involved in a match.

Hey, my jacket.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4484
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 8-21-2019 at 02:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hereby excuse the previously inexcusable absence of Shinsuke Nakamura. He and Sami should be excellent together, and Miss as the #1 contender is way higher profile than Ali would've been.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1725
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 8-21-2019 at 03:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Of all the shocking revelations I've seen, that is by far the most recent.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1520
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 8-21-2019 at 03:48 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wasn't paying enough attention and thought I had missed the meaning behind the big reveal at the end, so I looked elsewhere for an explanation. Which appears to be about what it looked like: HERE'S A GUY THAT LOOKS SORT OF LIKE ROWAN. CASE CLOSED. Until next week, when Bryan and Rowan explain that the REAL person out to get Roman are the friends he made along the way.

Hey, my jacket.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 8-21-2019 at 04:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well....

If Vince does take the reins creativily at NXT then I think I can safely say that AEW has nothing to worry about.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2527
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 8-21-2019 at 06:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Well....

If Vince does take the reins creativily at NXT then I think I can safely say that AEW has nothing to worry about.

Oh god, just shut up. I'm sick of this bullshit ratings war already and it hasn't even started. Nobody cares if shit is on at the same time anymore. NXT will be on the network the next day. Nobody but fucking nerds like us check wrestling spoilers.

As for the show:

Murphy/Bryan was pretty fantastic, made Buddy look like a million bucks and didn't hurt Daniel Bryan at all. Fancy that.

Charlotte's legs make me happy. Also, that was a good segment. Probably time to put the belt back on Charlotte, Bayley can be spunky and want her chance until she can win the Rumble to challenge Sasha next year.

The opening bit was really good, but I admit, while I generally think Kofi's had a good run, him running in all angry doesn't exactly strike fear in the heart. He's not very menacing, even with a chair.

Shin and Sami is an interesting pairing and could be really fun. At least it gives both guys something to do.

I have no idea what to make of the lookalike bit at the end. I kind of hoped it would be Luke Harper and then all three of them would beat Roman down. C'est la vie.

[Edited on 8-21-2019 by GodEatGod]

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-21-2019 at 03:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
quote:
Well....

Oh god, just shut up. I'm sick of this bullshit ratings war already and it hasn't even started. Nobody cares if shit is on at the same time anymore. NXT will be on the network the next day. Nobody but fucking nerds like us check wrestling spoilers.

[Edited on 8-21-2019 by GodEatGod]

I was referring to the stupid Roman attacker reveal at the end of the show, Mr. Sandinvagina.

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12931
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 8-21-2019 at 04:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
NXT will be on the network the next day.

Will it be for sure? Or will it be like how Raw and Smackdown are now where they are on the next day in condensed version on Hulu, and then put on WWE Network a month later?

I honestly don't know, but I was wondering this.

quote:
I have no idea what to make of the lookalike bit at the end. I kind of hoped it would be Luke Harper and then all three of them would beat Roman down.

I was hoping that too, and perhaps can they still go in that direction.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7954
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 8-21-2019 at 05:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I like tacos.

To clarify this means I like teaming Sami and Nakamura.

I mean itís obvious, but I donít want anybody to get sand in their physical or metaphorical vagina.

And holy crap, as somebody who enjoyed Twin Hebners as a kid, and recalls the Eric Angle angle, the fake Rowan thing has me intrigued.

Also, Alexa and Nikki are great together.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-21-2019 at 08:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
I like tacos.

To clarify this means I like teaming Sami and Nakamura.

I mean itís obvious, but I donít want anybody to get sand in their physical or metaphorical vagina.

And holy crap, as somebody who enjoyed Twin Hebners as a kid, and recalls the Eric Angle angle, the fake Rowan thing has me intrigued.

Also, Alexa and Nikki are great together.

Oh, so we can take posts on this thread out of context just to be churlish cunts?

Cool. Good to know.

-- The Rick

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2527
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 8-22-2019 at 12:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Oh, so we can take posts on this thread out of context just to be churlish cunts?

Cool. Good to know.

This entire conflict started with you somehow relating the double-Rowan angle to comments about AEW. I think the context got fucked up a while ago.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Planet Starbucks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 130
Registered 1-28-2013
Location England

Mood: Medicated

posted on 8-22-2019 at 02:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

This entire conflict started with you somehow relating the double-Rowan angle to comments about AEW. I think the context got fucked up a while ago.

Nope, any 'conflict' started with you saying "oh god, just shut up" because CC made a cheeky but jovial comment that triggered you. If anybody else had said it you probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid, but because it was your arch nemesis (i.e. a guy who consistently disagrees with you on an Internet forum) he had to be put in his place.

I've no doubt that your reaction to my comment will be something along the lines of 'who the fuck are you and why should I care?', but that doesn't make it any less accurate.

P.S. your long running avatar of that smarmy asshole John Cusack - absolutely perfect, please never change it.

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
If you want a vision of the WWE's future, imagine an overpushed Samoan stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell, 2016 (sequel to 1984)

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7954
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 8-22-2019 at 08:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
To be fair...

I'm pretty sure my original post was more jovial also...

quote:

Cool. Good to know.

Memba this?

quote:
I don't want you to think that I am some hyperbolic AEW cheerleader gushing over how good the show was. Go back and look at my posts in this thread. My comments were pretty measured and mostly agree with what you said. Don't lump me in with the AEW marks who think this show was WM III.

The bottom line is that I am a wrestling fan, not an AEW fan or a WWE fan or a NJPW fan. I don't have any loyalty to any company. I just want to be entertained. I don't think WWE is very good right now. I hope AEW is better. I hope AEW being really good forces WWE to be really good too.

Respectfully, sometimes I think that you find it difficult to be impartial re: WWE. A lot of times you come off as eager to excuse really awful shit and unwilling to call them out for bad content. To you, I probably come off as unnecessarily negative or overly contrarian, but that's not really true. I try to be fair. God knows I'm not the most tactful pOOster either.

Hopefully this will lead to some constructive dialogue and we don't have to be at each other's throats all the time.

So how about you explain WHY you disliked the Roman attacker angle? Wouldn't that be more constructive than saying AEW has nothing to be worried if Vince is involved? How about explaining why the attacker angle is horrible, and reply why you think it's not on par or in the same ballpark as Twin Hebners as a kid, and the Eric Angle angle.

Stop thinking Mr. Sandvagina and churlish cunts can read your mind, stop assuming we know what you are talking about, and for fuck's sake, if you want us to consider your post fair, measured, and/or on fucking topic...post something about the actual WWE show whose fucking thread you are posting in.

Otherwise, you are coming off as the Anti WWE AEW Fan Boi Troll you expressed yourself not to be.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9131
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 8-22-2019 at 08:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Mr. Sandvagina

1) I'm pretty sure this needs to become bfg's custom status.

2) I'm similarly pretty sure that we need to use the gender-neutral Mx. when making this particular reference.

Don't Mess With Texas

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3398
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-22-2019 at 09:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I too love tacos.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9131
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 8-22-2019 at 09:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
I like tacos.

quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
I too love tacos.

He said that he liked tacos.

You've taken that and added a stronger emotional sentiment to it.

In so doing, you've become the first to express your love for tacos, which means that you cannot use the word "too", meaning "also", when there is no other person besides yourself who has expressed love for tacos in this thread.

What the fuck is with you people?

[Edited on 8-22-2019 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12931
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 8-22-2019 at 10:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7954
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 8-22-2019 at 11:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
What the fuck is with you people?

Sand in my metaphorical vagina.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9131
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 8-23-2019 at 01:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
"metaphorical"

Don't Mess With Texas

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3300
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Titus

posted on 8-23-2019 at 04:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Welcome to Sandy Cunt
(Population: You People)

Don't ever change, the lot of ye.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-23-2019 at 03:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

So how about you explain WHY you disliked the Roman attacker angle? Wouldn't that be more constructive than saying AEW has nothing to be worried if Vince is involved? How about explaining why the attacker angle is horrible, and reply why you think it's not on par or in the same ballpark as Twin Hebners as a kid, and the Eric Angle angle.

Stop thinking Mr. Sandvagina and churlish cunts can read your mind, stop assuming we know what you are talking about, and for fuck's sake, if you want us to consider your post fair, measured, and/or on fucking topic...post something about the actual WWE show whose fucking thread you are posting in.

Otherwise, you are coming off as the Anti WWE AEW Fan Boi Troll you expressed yourself not to be.

Look, bro. I REALLY didn't want to make this a thing. I'm trying hard to shed my jackass cred and be a better pOOster, but here's the deal:

You know, I know, and every other poster here knows that you wouldn't request this of any other poster but me. The truth is that if punker or janerd or Pad or Slade or anyone else had posted what I posted, GEG wouldn't have told me to STFU and YOU wouldn't have required anyone else to "explain" themselves.

The problem isn't with me here, dude. There are lots of guys on here who live post during shows and make comments that shit on the product and post things that don't make sense without the context of the show. I'm the only one who GEG told to shut up and the only one that you demanded I flesh out my comments. I'm not the "Anti-WWE AEW Fan Boi Troll" here and everyone besides you seems to know it. The truth is you come off looking like a guy with a weird hate-boner for me - to the point that you go back and copy and paste old post from me. WTF is that? Is it that you WANT me to be that AEW Fan Boi troll because you need a foil for your shitty opinions?

My original post was made as a light-hearted jab at a bad WWE angle in the context of the on-going discussion about how NXT will change going head to head with AEW. Somehow, you and GEG managed to turn that in to some weapon to attack me and make me out to be some fuckface shit-poster.

Whatever problem you have with me, please keep it to yourself. I'm not interested in some 8th grader-esque flame war with a guy who's default setting is set to DERISIVE ASSHOLE all the time. Go take your problems out on someone else.

-- The Rick

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11844
Registered 12-16-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-23-2019 at 03:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Classic CCharger.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

Commentator Showdown Finale: Jim Ross vs. Bobby Heenan!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top