The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: NXT 2019
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 9-26-2019 at 11:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) - it wasn't.

At least by their standards. As a Lee/Dijacovik match it was the shits. Check out either of their previous encounters, they were way, way better. Which is a damn shame.

MVP of this phase of NXT continues to be Grimes. Awesome showing.

Roll on next week and Montez

Yeah, I forgot we have to watch their other encounters and compare them to see if we liked the match that they just had or not. 🙄🙄🙄

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4404
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-23-2019 at 10:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hereby declare that WarGames doesn't quite merit a whole thread of its own. Nor does it exactly belong in the weekly AEW/NXT thread.

So let's just bump this up and talk about it here, if the muse moves you. You are forewarned that if you can't watch the show live (and I'm included in that group this time around), there could well be spoilers below. Tread lightly.

Looks like they're settled on just doing 4 matches, which is fine, since the two WarGames will probably be upwards of 45 minutes each, and they usually try to bring Takeovers in at 2 to 2 and a half hours.

Line up:

TEAM CIAMPA (Ciampa/Lee/Dijakovic/Mystery Partner) vs. UNDISPUTED ERA (Cole/Strong/Fish/O'Reilly) (WarGames)
TEAM RIPLEY (Ripley/LaRae/Nox/Yim) vs. TEAM BASZLER (Baszler/Shirai/Belair/KLR) (WarGames)
PETE DUNNE vs. DAMIEN PRIEST vs. KILLIAN DANE (Winner Gets Shot at NXT Champ Adam Cole Tomorrow at Survivor Series)
MATT RIDDLE vs. FINN BALOR

If Ciampa's mystery fourth is someone on the active NXT roster, it's pretty much gotta be Velveteen Dream, right? But nobody's claiming it absolutely has to be someone from the active roster.... [that said, my instinct is that if NXT is gonna have any major surprises, they'll come tomorrow night when their two 5-person teams are announced for Survivor Series]

Not sure if it's confirmed, or if it's a pre-show match (now that NXT is live on Wednesdays, they no longer need to covertly tape matches for free TV before Takeovers, and can start doing the PPV standard pre-show matches), but there is talk of Swerve Scott vs. Angel Garza.... to be honest, I'd get Lio Rush and the cruiserweight title out there if you need to kill time, but what do I know?

[Edited on 11-23-2019 by OORick]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-24-2019 at 12:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Never trust a broad with that hideous of an accent. Fuggin' Kiwis, mate.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 12:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The bar has now been set. Top that fella's!!!

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2285
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 11-24-2019 at 12:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Never trust a broad with that hideous of an accent. Fuggin' Kiwis, mate.

An absolute sheet kent!

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6261
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-24-2019 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
KENT 4 DAYS!

Takeovers = Gold Standard. Haitch truly is the Cerebral Assassin. Bless you Vince, but it's Hunter's time now.

Also, it's gonna be a bruiser burner betwixt [that guy] and Baybay tomorry!

Also2, huzzah Finn and his massive Irish curse! Whee!

ETA: It's like Johnny MundoImpact, but with Owens instead!

[Edited on 11-24-2019 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8970
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-24-2019 at 02:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kevin.

Fuckin.

Owens.

Don't Mess With Texas

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 02:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Ho...Lee...FUCK!!!

Some serious trust there!!!!

**Ghandi (Clone High)**

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-24-2019 at 02:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm glad I reupped yesterday for this, even though I only remembered to tune in in time for the last match. Which I believe the official result line for that match is "there were no survivors."

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7898
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-24-2019 at 03:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Kevin Owens wearing a classic NXT KO shirt is peak Owens being damn awesome at this pro wrestling thing.

I don’t think he will be full time NXT...because really, I think the next NXT title feud Balor vs Ciampa, but I’d be ok with Owens getting to wrestle near his kids and have crazy good matches.

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 735
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 04:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Triple H said after War Games he was sorry that Britt Baker was shown on camera and feels bad for putting her in that position. Apparently the director went to the person who looked the most shocked at the finish, and did not know she was Adam Cole's girlfriend...let alone know she was an AEW wrestler.

**Ghandi (Clone High)**

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8007
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 04:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My quick simple thoughts from tonight and the previous few days...

Rhea Ripley was made into an absolute superstar and could easily main event a main roster PPV within the next few months...they had her hang with 3 of the 4 WWE Horsewomen and then pin the almost unbeatable Baszler with just Candice as back-up.

Dakota Kai's turn may have been predictable but it doesn't matter because it was so so so so so so well done and Kai/Nox will sell a ton of NXT or NXT UK shows over the next few months and could easily be a female version of Gargano/Ciampa.

Io was already a star but she's also got so much potential to be bigger, I hope they let it grow organically.

Candice is just so good at every little thing that I think she'll always be overlooked but will and should be a workhorse of any woman's division they put her in.

Belair wasn't a weak point.

Kay Lee Ray is a great heel.

Keith Lee was also made into a superstar this week. The dive on Raw or NXT, the staredown with Braun, and just an absolute monster in WarGames.

Cole and Ciampa were already stars but can easily be top guys for a long time to come.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 09:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought (if it wasn’t a spoiled debut in Smackdown) that Toni Storm could’ve come out along with another woman to replace Nox and Dakota Kai. Also thought that Bayley would either come out while Shayna was walking down to the ring to take out Shayna or she’d be one of the women to replace Nix/Kai.

When Io climbed to the top of the cage I thought a good spot would for someone to throw off their opponent from the top to get the win*. In a 2 on 4 beat down, I thought that that spot would make sense but maybe not Io taking the bump (then again, she’s flown some crazy bumps).

The three way started out kinda clunky but man, that shit got brutal.

Did Damian Priest give Pete Dunne a butthole grab during a choke slam?

I loved it when Dunne instinctively went for Priest’s fingers to manipulate them and Priest just slapped his hand away in a “C’mon, man, stop that shit” manner.

Dunne/Cole is going to be epic.

I hate Matt Riddle’s pouty face.

When Keith Lee runs to the ring he looks like Newman running from broccoli (VILE WEED!)

After they attacked him on RAW why didn’t I see that coming. Figured it would’ve been a big surprise and I overlooked the obvious.

What the fuck are these guys doing to themselves? My god.

*And then Nigel says in the waning moments of the main event that throwing your opponent off the cage to disqualify them is a genius idea.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2499
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-24-2019 at 10:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Loved the whole show, as usual.

Women's Wargames had some great brutality but also the angle of the night with Dakota Kai turning. So smart to have her turn right away and use it as a way to make Rhea look like even more of a bad motherfucker. Jesus, and she's only barely into her twenties.

I hadn't seen much of Priest before but he impressed me a lot tonight.

Balor/Riddle was great, of course. I still can't bring myself to actually like Riddle, even if he's a hell of a wrestler. His vibe is just not for me.

Main event was the usual supernuts. That final spot, as noted, is absolutely insane and I have no idea how Adam Cole takes that bump.

Multiple AEW refs tonight between them showing Britt Baker being concerned over Adam Cole and Mauro calling a V-trigger.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 808
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 11:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It’s weird....I was thinking earlier today about how The WWE doesn’t fire people in droves anymore like they used to because of all of the current competition and the Highlanders were one of the teams I thought about that probably wouldn’t have been fired because of Rory attending a TNA taping. And then they showed Brit there tonight. Situations are a little different, though.
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1669
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2019 at 01:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
It’s weird....I was thinking earlier today about how The WWE doesn’t fire people in droves anymore like they used to because of all of the current competition and the Highlanders were one of the teams I thought about that probably wouldn’t have been fired because of Rory attending a TNA taping. And then they showed Brit there tonight. Situations are a little different, though.

Even then, I don't think they fired the Highlanders over one of them showing up on Impact. I believe they suspended the offending Highlander, but the team didn't get cut loose for like another year. I mean, they did nothing but job the whole time, but they'd been getting jobbed out for months prior to the Impact thing.

I definitely agree with your main point, though. Someone like Mr. Kennedy would be a good example. No way WWE shitcans an upper-midcarder today just because he ticked off Randy Orton.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-24-2019 at 04:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I assume if it were a Vince-run show, he'd find out who she was and be shouting in someone's ear "Screw the fact she's his girlfriend, you really stick that camera on her and make sure everyone knows she's from another promotion but she's here because she loves us more, dammit!" But it's NXT: Mauro simply mentioned her name and said she was Adam Cole's girlfriend, and she was reacting naturally to watching him being slammed from the top of a cage onto a table. And then Triple H apologized for it. Very classy. And the audience that was watching already knew who she was, who she worked for, and, most likely, who she was dating, because the audience watching NXT and AEW are pretty much the same.

Hopefully AEW is smart enough to just let this be a non-issue.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

<<  7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top