The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Marvel Phase 4 Announced
MayhemNX
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1715
Registered 11-18-2006
Location Web City

Mood: Bitey

posted on 7-21-2019 at 06:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Marvel Phase 4 Announced

So, a lot has been announced for what's coming up for the MCU, and here's the list.

Black Widow – May 1, 2020
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+) – Fall 2020
The Eternals – November 6, 2020
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings – February 12, 2021
WandaVision (Disney+) – Spring 2021
Loki (Disney+) – Spring 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – May 7, 2021
What If…? (Disney+) – Summer 2021
Hawkeye (Disney+) – Fall 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder – November 5, 2021

Also, Blade has been announced but reportedly is going to be considered part of Phase 5, not 4.

From what I've read the Thor movie will have Portman as Lady Thor, Hawkeye will have Renner as Hawkeye but someone will be Kate Bishop as the more focused on character. I'm hoping the Shang-Chi title means there'll be a real Mandarin in there somewhere. And What If was always one of my favorite series way back when. A

Here's the full article and descriptions of what's coming up.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/20/20702328/marvel-disney-plus-thor-eternals-doctor-strange-wandavision-hawkeye-black-widow-san-diego-comic-con

[Edited on 7-21-2019 by MayhemNX]

Quantum Fetish Mechanics: The act of thinking up a new type of fetish causes that fetish to exist. Someone probably has a website dedicated to it. Schrodinger's cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by peanut butter and elbows.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7519
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-21-2019 at 09:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
With the Blade movie, I'm really curious to see how they introduce vampires into the MCU. Like, will it be a "they've been here the whole time, living in the shadows" type of deal or will they be introduced as a new thing in the MCU?

A few other thoughts:

-I think I'm most excited for the new Doctor Strange movie, as just the title alone implies all kinds of crazy shit (plus Scarlett Witch is apparently going to be in the movie too). And Marvel must have high hopes for it, since it's getting the primo May 7th release date in 2021.

-Glad to see Natalie Portman is back and count me fully onboard for another round of Taiki Waititi and Chris Hemsworth, because Ragnarok was fucking great. And Thor is officially going to become the first MCU character to get four solo movies, surpassing Iron Man and Captain America's three.

-I like how Marvel has started releasing some of their lesser-known properties in the February to March window (Black Panther, Captain Marvel) and think that will work well for Shang-Chi.

-Welp, I guess Disney has officially roped me into subscribing to Disney+ when it comes out. Bastards.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7736
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 7-21-2019 at 09:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Mandarin is the villain in Shang-Chi.

The Scarlet Witch / Vision series will be interesting. She may actually be the bad guy in the Multiverse of Madness movie.

They also hinted that a FF movie is in motion, as are mutants.

Disney has their own con-thingy next month. It’s likely that a bigger Avengers size movie will be announced there.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12618
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 7-22-2019 at 02:12 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Other cool things:

Blade is going to be played by Mahershala Ali. That is a fantastic casting right there.

The Mandarin will be the villain in Shang-Chi, and will be played by Hong Kong living legend,Tony Leung, in his first Hollywood production. At the Con, they stated that this would be the "real" Mandarin.

Not only is Jane Foster returning and becoming Lady Thor, Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie will also be returning, as she is now the King of Asgard, and she will be looking for her Queen. There's your first LGBTQ MCU hero.

Dr. Strange will have Scarlett Witch in the movie, and they've said they're leaning towards a horror movie feel to it. This one should be really promising. The events of the WandaVision show will play in to the Multiverse of Madness movie. Also, Monica Rambeau, who was in Captain Marvel as a kid, will be a grown up and starring in WandaVision. I've got a feeling WandaVision and Dr. Strange will be really weird, and will open up the MCU in big ways.

Loki is the Loki we saw escape with the Tesseract in Endgame, and this Loki has not gone through the redemption arc that the Loki killed by Thanos in Infinity War went through.

What If? will be an animated show, with Jeffrey Wright (from Westworld, Hunger Games, and Boardwalk Empire) as the voice of The Watcher.

Falcon and Winter Soldier will feature the return of Daniel Bruhl's Baron Zemo. !!!

Black Widow is a prequel and will have Natasha Rominov and Yelena Bevola in the movie. Taskmaster is the villain. David Harbour of Stranger Things will be playing The Red Guardian - The Soviet version of Captain America.

Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye is easily the least interesting of the original 6 Avengers, but a show about him training Kate Bishop to be the new Hawkeye as well as giving us insight on his days as Ronin after the Snap? I'm in.

A quote from Kevin Feige about more MCU stuff... "We talked about so much tonight, it's a shame we didn't have time to talk about Black Panther 2, about Captain Marvel 2, about Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 [...]" Feige joked, "We didn't have time to talk about the Fantastic Four, or about the mutants."

I'm really curious about the Eternals movie. They seem really out of place in all of this much like Inhumans did when that was announced (and then refitted into the really shitty TV show). I haven't read any Eternals stories before, but I understand that the characters are immortal and super-old so I can't even guess how it will all work in the MCU. Maybe they're how we get mutants in the MCU?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3943
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 7-22-2019 at 12:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Put this in: "Way too early to speculate"

But is the Multiverse of Madness going to lay the groundwork for how they are going to bring in Mutants and the FF?

Something in the movie opens a gateway and Mutants/FF cross over into the MCU/Earth 199999?

Or did they use that storyline already with the swerve in Far from Home?

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

First 9
The Great One

Posts 3962
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 7-22-2019 at 06:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
With the Blade movie, I'm really curious to see how they introduce vampires into the MCU. Like, will it be a "they've been here the whole time, living in the shadows" type of deal or will they be introduced as a new thing in the MCU?

My money's on vampires always being around but just recently becoming a big threat. They weren't affected by the Thanos snap because they're undead and took advantage of the chaos the world was in to gain power or something like that will be the route Marvel will go.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12618
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 7-22-2019 at 09:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
My money's on vampires always being around but just recently becoming a big threat. They weren't affected by the Thanos snap because they're undead and took advantage of the chaos the world was in to gain power or something like that will be the route Marvel will go.

I like that idea.

Perhaps the Snap is how we get mutants as well.

I'm guessing that Black Widow being set in the past will let the audience in on some more secrets of the MCU as well.

There's a number of stories they could tell where things happened during the 5 year snap. Maybe that's where they start the impetus of the Fantastic Four.

[Edited on 7-22-2019 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 7-23-2019 at 11:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I thought I spotted a Nova letterhead on one of the stills they put up as well... if so that's something that could fit nicely into both Guardians (as seen in #1) and Captain Marvel... Interesting as I do believe something somewhere was said that Thanos basically wiped out the Nova Corps when he snagged one of the stones.

As for laying the groundwork for mutants and vampires and all that... I think you guys are overthinking things; We've to date gotten nothing saying none of these things aren't things in the MCU already; The movies we've gotten already have all been "crisis" movies... as in they deal with and focus on the problem at hand. The MCU is a big world, and while Thanos is attacking, or even Ultron in some far off country it wouldn't make sense for them to start waxing about Vamps and Muties. What we've gotten thus far is only germane to the plot at hand and not the million and one other things that go unmentioned.

I really don't think they NEED to go into mutiverse or dimensional reasons for mutants or anything else... it would probably needlessly complicate things; and as seen by the Ancient One's cameo in End Game other stuff DID go on outside of the action that we got. I mean let's not forget that both mutants and vampires would probably be trying to stay out of the limelight. As for the FF... I'd prefer a Spider-Man Homecoming type non-origin reboot for them... yeah I like the adult versions better; which you could still do; but from a powers POV you could do their origin as something more recent (you could tie that into the snap or infinity stone energy... if you wanted to get geeky; like they were in space, snapped out in safety, but when they snapped back they snapped into an energy cloud or something)

In saying that I fully expect at the end of the Strange sequel we get a reference to the Darkhold... maybe set up a Midnight Son's mini-verse.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top