The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FAQ/Discussion
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 7-14-2019 at 08:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
FAQ/Discussion

As is tradition, here's the general-purpose all-encompassing tournament discussion thread. Questions, comments, concerns...all welcome here.

A couple things to start it off:

-This will be the smallest of all the showdowns we've done here. Currently planning for 37 first round matches (that's after a brief qualification round). For comparison, the next smallest showdown (Ultimate Match) had approximately 80 first round matches. That's the result of our nomination compiling.
-Because of the numbers, there will be a some three-ways sprinkled into the first and second round to get us down to a tournament-able number.
-I don't have a schedule in mind for how long polls will stay up. Because it's a shorter showdown, I'm thinking a week for each set might work. That can hopefully enable some more discussion, too.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 9-7-2019 at 11:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And the winner of the Ultimate Tag Team Finishing Move Showdown...

3-D!

Dudley Death Drop!

Thanks to everyone who voted and everyone who posted in the threads to generate a little bit of discussion.

Just as a heads up for what's in the works: Next up will be the Ultimate Commentator Showdown. My original plan was to do it back in 2018; the new plan is to start it either later this year (November) or early 2020. Thinking of going with Ultimate Women's Match for late 2020, and then running the Ultimate Women's Wrestler Redux in 2021 (ten years after the original Diva Showdown)—unless there's a strong argument to hold off on that for another five years to allow the women to cement their places a little more. Feel free to discuss anything showdown related in this thread for the time being.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4999
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 9-9-2019 at 01:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'd still like to see an Ultimate Wrestler Names Showdown. I think that would be tons o' fun.

ETA:

As always, awesome job, Matte.

[Edited on 9-9-2019 by CCharger]

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7518
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 9-17-2019 at 04:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Chiming in late here, but excellent work like usual Matte and thanks for putting on yet another fun Showdown. Looking forward to the next one!

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top