The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spider-Man: Far From Home (Full Spoilers)
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2335
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 8-24-2019 at 11:17 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hereís the deal - both companies are terribly greedy, but this one is on Disney for actually being the cause.

I donít give a damn how much money they lost out on with Far From Home, because at the end of the day, the films were finally really good/enjoyable, and sometimes you just need to take the loss in a complicated situation.

Does Disney REALLY need even more money? Are they not one of the most profitable companies in the world at this point? Did Endgame not rake in 2 billion dollars?

On top of that - To the people defending either companyís greed, why the fuck do YOU care about how much money either media conglomerate should make? Youíre not seeing any of that money. Youíre just a fan who they see as nothing more than an open wallet who will consume their product.

At the end of the day, Disney not taking one fucking loss now makes us all losers, because the Sonyís track record with live-action Spider-Man films since 2007 has been, at best, pretty shit.

Sony and Disney are both wrong for not working something out here, but itís Disney who got greedy and decided that they just needed that much more money, not giving a fuck about any of you in the process.

Stop defending greed.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-28-2019 at 10:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was at FanExpo in Toronto on Sunday and got chatting to a few comics people who worked for Marvel and other projects... apparently the inside chatter is that it's not so much a money thing as Sony is looking to crank out Spidey related movies at a quicker pace than Marvel is comfortable with; Sony wants a regular cash cow, whereas Marvel wants a more methodical and structured pace (which to be fair has worked for them). Marvel also doesn't want to spread it's talent around too thing... like Feige is crazy busy but still pitched in to consult on Venom; Marvel is fearful that Sony will crank out more middle of the road stuff like Venom and will hurt the overall market.

Such is the comics folks rumours anyway.

Speaking of going to the comic con; got to meet the likes of Klaus Janson and Phil Jiminez among a host of others... Everyone was downright awesome. Weirdest encounter was me and buddy were getting our bearings when an older guy asked if we were lining up for something; We said now and wound up having a friendly chat with the guy for about 20 minutes when I noticed he had a guest pass around his neck... I asked him about it and he said he was just there to support his son and turned and pointed 20 or so feet away at Todd McFarlane... at which point he introduced himself. Funny guy!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top