The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Super Mario Maker 2
DriftThroughTime
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1222
Registered 4-25-2005
Location LA

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2019 at 06:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Super Mario Maker 2

Alright, so who's a Maker here?

I thought it'd be cool to start a thread for all the Mario Makers out there, now that Super Mario Maker 2 is out. I'd love to see some of your levels, share some design philosophy, and get some feedback on my own levels.

So who's in?

Maker ID:OGM 5XP LDG (Meowburt)
First level of mine you should try:"Head in the Clouds" - 9KY VOV BXG
Philosophy: I try for levels that could feel like they're from an existing Mario game, but with a little extra something. If I could, I'd make the Mario equivalent of Sonic Mania.

EricOMac
The Rowdy One

Posts 2850
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Near Chapel Hill

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2019 at 10:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím in. When I get home Iíll share my maker ID and my one created level.

VOTE!

Winner of a lot of wrestling drafts.

ďIn times of crisis, the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers.Ē

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   EricOMac 's Aim
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2019 at 05:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just bought a Switch and picked up MM2 and Odyssey; I've been racking up the hours on Odyssey more than MM2, but once I jump into that and make some levels I'll be happy to join in.
EricOMac
The Rowdy One

Posts 2850
Registered 2-9-2003

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2019 at 07:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My Maker ID: X8M-24P-06G
First (And Only so far) Level You Should Try: Pirate Panic (RG8-J71-TFG)
This level is a re-creation of the first level from DKC2, with a clear condition added in. Itís a fair level, encourages exploration, and makes sure you are never soft locked.

I enjoyed your level Drift, made sure to go back and get WR. Iím going to try out more.

VOTE!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   EricOMac 's Aim
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2335
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 7-3-2019 at 08:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The game is fantastic. Iíve been single-playering story mode and Endless challenge for the past 2 days.

10/10

DriftThroughTime
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1222
Registered 4-25-2005
Location LA

Mood:

posted on 7-3-2019 at 08:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EricOMac
My Maker ID: X8M-24P-06G
First (And Only so far) Level You Should Try: Pirate Panic (RG8-J71-TFG)
This level is a re-creation of the first level from DKC2, with a clear condition added in. Itís a fair level, encourages exploration, and makes sure you are never soft locked.

I enjoyed your level Drift, made sure to go back and get WR. Iím going to try out more.

Nice work! I left a comment there. I'm not a great artist, but for using the controller only, it ain't half bad.

I look forward to more of your levels!

Did anybody play Celeste or Towerfall Ascension? The creator has Maker levels too: JVY-3W4-11H.

[Edited on 7-3-2019 by DriftThroughTime]

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-5-2019 at 07:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Full Nintendo fanboy disclosure: I just can't get into Super Mario Maker. On paper, it sounds like something that I would absolutely love, but I bought the first game on the Wii U and got bored with it after a month or two. It's hard for me to put my finger on exactly why that is, but I think it's that once the novelty of making my own levels wore off, there really wasn't much else in the game that I was super into.

With that said, it sounds like Super Mario Maker 2 has a whole bunch of stuff that the first game didn't, so I might change my tune if I played it. But I just can't see myself taking the $60 plunge on this one.

EricOMac
The Rowdy One

Posts 2850
Registered 2-9-2003

Mood:

posted on 7-5-2019 at 09:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
Full Nintendo fanboy disclosure: I just can't get into Super Mario Maker. On paper, it sounds like something that I would absolutely love, but I bought the first game on the Wii U and got bored with it after a month or two. It's hard for me to put my finger on exactly why that is, but I think it's that once the novelty of making my own levels wore off, there really wasn't much else in the game that I was super into.

With that said, it sounds like Super Mario Maker 2 has a whole bunch of stuff that the first game didn't, so I might change my tune if I played it. But I just can't see myself taking the $60 plunge on this one.

I wasnít a huge SMM1 fan either. I enjoyed watching others play, but I couldnít do it.

SMM2 is different. So many things you can do. Endless challenge, multiplayer co-op and versus, story mode, builder mode, and there are legitimately awesome levels out there that arenít stupid ridiculous hard.

Iíd encourage you to take a flyer on it if youíre a Mario guy.

VOTE!

EricOMac
The Rowdy One

Posts 2850
Registered 2-9-2003

Mood:

posted on 7-6-2019 at 01:19 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Double post: new level!

Name: Fiery Furnace
Level Code: 4DD-6S6-YSF
Inspiration/explanation: This took inspiration from another DKC2 level (Toxic Tower, although itís named after a different DKC2 level). This is a tough platforming level, trying to get to the top of each section before the lava rises and envelopes you.

VOTE!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top