The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (July 1, 2019)
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4338
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation
Member Is Online

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 7-1-2019 at 11:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (July 1, 2019)

Tonight on RAW: with the Extreme Rules PPV taking shape as another heavily cross-brand affair, the red brand will be focused on pretty much only one (1) RAW-centric story, with a bunch of obligatory wild card visitors from the blue brand...

The RAW-centric story is, of course, the "Winner Take All" Match, with WWEU Champ Seth Rollins and RAW Women's Champ Becky Lynch facing off against Boring Carbon and Lacey Evans; whichever team wins gets BOTH titles.... the heels are playing up the fact that Rollins romantic entanglements with Becky will be his undoing, as this is a No DQ/Anything Goes Match, and presumably, Seth cares more about his girlfriend than his belt... that little twist adds at least a little drama and uncertainty into the picture, something lacking if the Duo of Aggressive Apathy were once again challenging for those titles separately...

Then, you have the crossovers:

SD's Roman Reigns is teaming with the Undertaker to face RAW's Drew McIntyre and Shane McMahon... WWE isn't promising the Undertaker, but tonight's RAW is basically in his backyard (Dallas), so you'd almost be disappointed if he wasn't... some explanation for why he randomly appeared would be very appropriate... Reigns is essentially a permanent wild card at this point... in the absence of the Undertaker, Miz is the likely surrogate, as he still has unfinished business with Shane...

RAW's Samoa Joe is the new #1 Contender for SD's WWE Champ Kofi Kingston... they've already announced the New Day as wild cards, with Big E and Eggsavier Woods facing The Viking Raiders... I hereby wager 1000 quatloos that it turns into a 6-man tag (with NO WRESTLING ALLOWED~! during the ad break where it turns into one, because Vince is a Very Stable Genius)....

Likewise, the PPV challenger for SD's Women's Champ, Bayley, is RAW's Alexa Bliss... it's less certain that Bayley will appear tonight, as there is a side story here: Nikki Cross actually beat Bayley to win the title shot for her friend Alexa.... and tonight, Alexa is having Nikki as a guest on A Moment of Bliss...

That's all we've got set for the Extreme Rules show, as of now.... but two obvious RAW-only matches they could set up would be: (1) AJ Styles challenging Ricochet for the US Title (Styles beat Ricochet in a non-title match last week), which may or may not involve the Good Brothers and their efforts to make Styles shut up about their losing streak.... and (2) The Revival defending the Tag Titles against the Usos....

Let's see, what else? Definitely more wacky hijinx with R-Truth, Mella, and the 7/11 EuroVision Title... after a week of radio silence, do we hear anything new from Bray Wyatt tonight, maybe?... oh, and I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that WWE is hyping a HUGE MAIN EVENT for tonight, in which Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley fight in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.... I mean, it won't be as mind-bendingly stupid as tugs of war and arm wrestling (it might even be fairly decent on its own merits), but at this point, all that garbage has devalued the feud to the point that it's impossible to give any shits (your mileage may vary)...

That is all. End communication....

The flOOr is yours, OO Nation. Don't wait till after 11pm to post, either. Pre-show previewing and prognosticating is certainly welcome. So discuss, debate, and rate!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8885
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 7-1-2019 at 11:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
THERE ARE TOO MANY WILDCARDS IN YOUR POST THEY'RE BREAKING THE RULEZZZZZZ IF THEY DO ALL THOSE

Don't Mess With Texas

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6032
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: WHY IS ANYTHING

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
On the heels of last week's scintillating rope tug match, I was hoping tonight would be a Gay Chicken Match betwixt Lashley and Strowman. Oh well, I guess we'll have to make due with a #HOSSFEST!

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1316
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This is WRONG. They aren't supposed to be doing things!

And now they're using up what now amounts to a year's worth of pyro for this spot! And Graves said a bad word! SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Oh, I love legitimate theatre.

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7932
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well, Graves is getting fined for sure.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9464
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DevilSoprano
Well, Graves is getting fined for sure.

Lol that was the only part of this that felt halfway unplanned (although I could also see Vince approving that to appear more "edgy"). +1 for having an actual match kick off the show, -10,000 for attempting to sell your audience on both participants possibly dying. Desperate WWE gonna Desperate WWE!

On the plus side- We can now look forward to 25 replays of that spot tonight!

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 6-28-2007

Mood: stiff

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Paul Heyman era of RAW is off with a bang ... Certainly different from the 20-minute opening promo we usually get.
LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 6-28-2007

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I wonder if later in the show the cameras cut to the "local medical facility" where the falls count anywhere match has resumed.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1316
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The fun thought is that people have been tossed into those boards before without having them explode. Lashley and/or Strowman are MAGIC.

Edit: So the pattern for USA reality shows now appears to be "someone who may be famous in some fashion, but is extremely irritating regardless/wrestler/annoying nobody/wrestler."

[Edited on 7-2-2019 by Il Palazzo]

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9464
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
And now they're using up what now amounts to a year's worth of pyro for this spot!

Yeah, I mean I realize there aren't a ton of options to make that spot look realistic but the fact that I was having flashbacks to the pyro from Raw circa '99 while the "explosions" were happening didn't exactly help the overall effect.

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 6-28-2007

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
What are the odds that, when we return from the commercial break, "the McMahons" have ordered this match to be restarted as a 6-man tag?
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1316
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The odds were excellent, it appears! I honestly just figured the match was done. Because I managed to somehow briefly forgot the new Start/Stop Matches Card Rule.

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 6-28-2007

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LoveMuscle
What are the odds that, when we return from the commercial break, "the McMahons" have ordered this match to be restarted as a 6-man tag?

Called it! After two weeks, the "no wrestling during commercials" rule has made matches terribly predictable - even with that change of pace opener.

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4338
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation
Member Is Online

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Called it! After two weeks, the "no wrestling during commercials" rule has made matches terribly predictable - even with that change of pace opener.

I called it an hour before the show even started! Where's my 1000 quatloos?!!!??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 6-28-2007

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Much like the sudden increase in 2 out of 3 falls matches.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1316
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh goody, 2 out of 3 falls match later. My excitement cup runneth over!

On the plus side? All singles matches can now morph into impromptu tag matches upon the inevitable restart, and all tag matches can morph into six-man matches! And maybe six-man matches can turn into sudden battle royals.

And I can't figure out why entirely, but I keep expecting Drake Maverick to adopt a ridiculous Irish accent.

Edit: WHAT THE HELL. That didn't have a number of additional falls OR a restart.

And.... Street Profits? For some reason? Are we about to have another pair of NXT tag champs vacate the titles after popping up on the main roster? If so, hope things go better than it did for the WarVikingExperienceRaiders.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7801
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 7-2-2019 at 12:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Drake Maverick and R Truth are way more fun than a lot of things.

Feeding JTTSs to Cesaro is a good thing.

More Shane...not so much.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6032
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-2-2019 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jesus Christ LOOK WITH YOUR FUCKING EYES NOT YOUR GODDAMNED PHONES, THE WWE UNIVERSE!!!

LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 6-28-2007

posted on 7-2-2019 at 01:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It took the Undertaker so long to walk up the entrance ramp we had time for an interview with both Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans.
LoveMuscle
Showstopper

Posts 807
Registered 6-28-2007

posted on 7-2-2019 at 01:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Mercy the buzzard!
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1627
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2019 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Who let the Kanellises in the building?
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6032
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-2-2019 at 01:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Seth called Charly CHUCK!

Hey everyone, it's Maria and Mike Kanellis! 'Member them?!?!?

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1316
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

posted on 7-2-2019 at 01:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was going to make a joke about how Becky and Seth should steal the Kanelliseseseses theme, and I guess I managed to accidentally summon them.

Also, it'll be really sad if one of them loses in the PPV match and costs them their titles, and then that causes them to break up. I'd be very sad. So very sad. Because I'm invested in them being together.

Edit: NO NOT THE SPLEEN. NOT THE SPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN.

Edit II: So, unless they've been doing some sort of "Maria is an overbearing, unstable asshole" thing on 205 Live, what's the purpose of any of this? Other than maybe just "hey, we need an onscreen couple that can face off against Seth/Becky, do we have anyone around like that?" And really, if they HAVEN'T been building up something like this elsewhere, why randomly do this bit? What the fuck is anything. AND WHAT ABOUT THAT SPLEEN???

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6032
Registered 1-28-2013

posted on 7-2-2019 at 02:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Too bad this wrasslin' power couple never got a chance to show their stuff in the ring.

Did they hire Russo back too?

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1627
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 7-2-2019 at 02:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Me, 15 minutes ago: "Oh, cool. Maybe this is Paul Heyman's doing, giving the Kanellises something to do. I mean, sure, they're just going out there to job, but they're getting a little bit of TV time. Can't hurt, right?"

Me, 15 seconds ago: "Welp."

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top