The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Democratic Debates
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 6-28-2019 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Democratic Debates

So, the Dems had their first two debates and Trump was right: they were boring.

My opinion on the first debate is that Elizabeth Warren kicked everyone's ass and won going away. Castro looked strong as well.

The second debate I saw as a tie between Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders.

Full disclosure: I'm supporting Bernie, but would definitely get behind Warren (giggity). Kamala Harris is a POS.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1616
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 6-28-2019 at 03:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I go to bed around 10-10:15, so I caught the first hour of each.

I thought Elizabeth Warren did really well in the first one, and also saw good stuff from Cory Booker and Amy Klobuchar. I'm assuming Julian Castro came alive in the second hour, because I've read about what a good performance he gave, but I didn't really pick up on it, so I assume I missed his stronger moments. Ditto for Bill de Blasio.

I agree with the general consensus that Kamala Harris dominated the second one, and I thought Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden acquitted themselves pretty well, too. I've heard negative things about Biden's performance, so I'm guessing he started to fall apart in the second hour. I thought Bernie Sanders did OK, not spectacular, so maybe he picked up some steam in the second hour.

At this point, I think the only one of the bunch I'd have second thoughts about if they were the candidate is Marianne Williamson. And even then, I'm sure I'd end up pulling the lever for her instead of Donald Trump.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
So, the Dems had their first two debates and Trump was right: they were boring.

My opinion on the first debate is that Elizabeth Warren kicked everyone's ass and won going away. Castro looked strong as well.

The second debate I saw as a tie between Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders.

Full disclosure: I'm supporting Bernie, but would definitely get behind Warren (giggity). Kamala Harris is a POS.

Out of curiosity, what do you have against Harris? I know I've heard some divisive things about her, mainly pertaining to criminal justice, but nothing that puts her in a "worst of" category so much as an "eh, we can do better" category. I'd be interested to know if there are some negatives I'm overlooking, or not taking as seriously as they deserve to be taken.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8863
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 6-28-2019 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Presidential candidate Robert O'Rourke being asked a debate question he'd rather not answer, colorized and with subtitles:

He needs to go away. He is to the Democrats' clown car what Rick Perry was to the Republicans' from 4 years ago.

Don't Mess With Texas

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3946
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 6-28-2019 at 07:19 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Kamala Harris is a POS.

I have a list that I prefer win the nom, Harris and Warren are on it, Bernie is not, so I am also curious why.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Ė Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 6-28-2019 at 10:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím pretty left-wing - more than most, so centrist like Harris, Biden, and Gillibrand make me vomit. That said, here are some reasons I think Harris is a POS:

https://splinternews.com/why-oppose-a-dna-test-that-could-free-an-innocent-man-1832816713

https://splinternews.com/kamala-harris-once-supported-handing-over-undocumented-1832538332

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d156dc8e4b07f6ca57ad3a1?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9zcGxpbnRlcm5ld3MuY29tL3RoZS1kZXZhc3RhdGluZy13ZWFrbmV zcy1vZi1qb2UtYmlkZW4tMTgzNTkzNzkxNA&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAIMH6COOZV0KXsdIHNvGFJa25H8X210W_WuU3kbtN1LNYBwiXiYWdZaKmp94kHcqUmxCGzSQ9FsoelMPU0OmYVcwbRHt EXz1OTzBgrkE4KkhnNr2LElfMm92npZsDRC5FxMv9faeTaIqypLtW2cd8xMqGR0hWaZXywwBmFCMhNoI

Not to mention her stated intention to ban guns and her unabashed sucking up to the donor class.

Granted, calling her a piece of shit was a bit of hyperbole but I really donít like her.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7769
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 6-28-2019 at 11:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
From the twitters:

@davehodge20: I know someone who is watching both Democratic debates, ranking the candidates 1 thru 20, with the intention of sizing up #1 vs. the current POTUS. Thatís wasted time for me, since I already know the result using #20.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8273
Registered 7-16-2005
Member Is Online

Mood: Lickable

posted on 6-29-2019 at 09:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As a California dude, I voted for Harris as senator a couple years ago. Can't say I think she's ready to be president, though.

The Dems have a problem if you ask me. The people running are too old--Warren, Biden, Sanders... or too young-- Castro, Harris.

Really, looking back, as much as I loved the 2008 election and Obamarama, the worst thing to happen to the party back then was him winning the nomination. Should've been Hillary winning with him as her Veep. Dems could've had eight years of her followed by him running in 2016. No way in shit would have Trump been elected against him.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top