The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jessica Jones Season 3 or RIP Marvel on Netflix
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-14-2019 at 06:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Jessica Jones Season 3 or RIP Marvel on Netflix

No trailer, this is already happening as of today. And with these last thirteen episodes, Marvel's Netflix presence ends (as far as new stuff goes). Due to Netflix being kinda dicks, Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage, as well as characters unique to their shows (pretty much Wilson Fisk is the biggest important one), can't be in anything produced before 2020, while JJ and Punisher have to wait for 2021.

But the first episode was good. You also know exactly what you're walking into, so you either know by now whether or not you'll enjoy this. But today's the end of an era, and hopefully Marvel doesn't reboot any of these guys into TV-PG guys.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7506
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-15-2019 at 05:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
But today's the end of an era, and hopefully Marvel doesn't reboot any of these guys into TV-PG guys.

I've thought about this and kind of have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I thought Marvel/Netflix nailed the casting for the most part and wouldn't want to see all new actors as Daredevil, Kingpin, Punisher, etc. On the other hand, the Netflix stuff really had zero connection with the MCU (both storyline-wise and tone-wise), so if they were to introduce new versions of Daredevil and company into the MCU and/or the Disney+ series, it really wouldn't feel like that much of a reboot.

And I know I've probably mentioned it a hundred times here, but I think the lack of crossover between the MCU and Netflix stuff is one of the few disappointing things Marvel Studios has done. I get that logistically it just wasn't possible for them to do, but can you imagine the Punisher meeting Captain America? Or Spider-Man interacting with Daredevil and Kingpin? It just seemed like kind of a tease to introduce these characters as technically being in the same universe, but having zero interaction with MCU characters.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12616
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 6-20-2019 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I hope that if they ever bring these characters in to the MCU, that they don't recast any of them (except for Iron Fist). Especially Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. I can't see anyone else play their characters again.

They could probably think of creative ways to have them in the MCU and still have the Netflix shows as canon. Chances are there will be tonal shifts in the characters, but it could still work. Maybe.

That said, I enjoyed season 3 of JJ. Still would've benefited from being 10 episodes instead of 13, about on par with season 2, and even when there are weak episodes, Kristin Ritter's Jessica is such a compelling character that they're still enjoyable. Loved the short crossover cameo in the last (or was it second to last episode).

[Edited on 6-19-2019 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10512
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell

Mood: criminal record soon

posted on 6-20-2019 at 01:31 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just think how awesome a good fist fight between Bernthal's Punisher would have been against Jackman's Wolverine or Evans' Captain America. Then I got sad with the realization that something like that will never ever happen.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7901
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 6-21-2019 at 09:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I would not be surprised to see announcements of these shows continuing on the Disney+ streaming service or Hulu coming up at either SDCC or D23. Marvel just announced they were finally going back to Hall H at SDCC this year but have also been rumored to saving Phase 4 for D23 so that means something else big has to happen at SDCC.

With regards to the Netflix deal, its not that the shows can't be produced until 2020/2021 but cant air until 18 months after when the last season debuted on Netflix. Luke Cage is already 12 months from last airing and then Iron Fist and Daredevil are coming up on the year mark. And as far as I've read that's only an issue if Marvel wants to release the new shows as Luke Cage or Daredevil, etc. If they want to use Luke or Matt or Danny in a Heroes for Hire show, that'd be allowed or if they wanna use Misty & Colleen for the Daughters of the Dragon show, that'd be allowed or at least by the time they finish shooting and producing the shows if they are announced next month, they'll be fine.

Jessica and Punisher are the ones that have a bit of a wait before they can air anything.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top