The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Has a video game ever molded or changed your life?
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2341
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 6-4-2019 at 02:25 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Has a video game ever molded or changed your life?

For example, playing HALO 2 as much as I did when it first came out led to me meeting a great friend (and the current owner of MKW, the company I wrestle for), and after 9 years, talking to him online as much as I did gave me the opportunity to come work in China, where I have completely reinvented myself in terms of my work ethic, health, and relationships.

Seriously, without HALO 2, Id be back in America most likely, and I sometimes wonder just how my life would be if I had never finally clicked with the original HALO back in late 2002, leading to my hype and meeting of Adrian on HALO 2.

Shit is crazy.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7519
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-7-2019 at 05:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I can't say that a video game has affected my life to that degree, but the NES and Nintendo were a huge part of my childhood (and that's why I'm still a huge Nintendo fanboy to this day). I had other interests as a kid, but if someone asked me to name one thing that reminded me of my childhood, it would easily be Nintendo.

And really, all of Nintendo's systems remind me of various stages of my life. The NES and SNES remind me of my carefree childhood years. The N64 reminds me of my (also carefree) teenage years. The Gamecube reminds me of when I moved out of my parents' house and got my first taste of living on my own. The Wii reminds me of my mid-20's, where my friends and I spent many a weekend getting drunk and playing Wii Sports at my apartment. And the Wii U reminds me of a big transitionary period of my life, where I had broken up with my longtime girlfriend, met my now wife, and was sharing a house with some friends who I played in a band with.

So yeah, I can't say that one single video game has had a profound impact on my life, but Nintendo (and video games in general) have been a huge part of it for over 30 years.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top