The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rumor Crap 2019, Part II: No Rumor Is Ever Really Gone
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 6-7-2019 at 11:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7441
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-7-2019 at 11:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Bray Wyatt has officially invited R-Truth to hideout with his 24/7 belt in the Firefly Fun House on Twitter, which is the best idea WWE will never follow through with.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8970
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 6-7-2019 at 11:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
I thought I read that Woods kicked Ziggler in the head right at the end of the match? Which, depending on how "important" you consider such developments to be that happen at these shows, could be an opening for a New Day heel turn. Or it's just the cage match and whatever else followed by Owens being slotted back in.

Had it on at work and guess I missed that. Thanks for the clarification.

Don't Mess With Texas

Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1417
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 6-8-2019 at 12:14 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Look at me, being all helpful and whatnot.

Yeah, I just decided to get the basics from the show results at Rajah and noticed that bit, which stands out due to the description of the match never really saying Ziggler did anything super eeeeeevil, and then Kofi gets the win thanks to Woods kicking Ziggler when the ref wasn't looking. Although now I suppose it might make some sense as payback for Ziggler coming after Kofi and Woods repeatedly since they kicked this feud off a week or two ago.

Hey, my jacket.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3279
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 6-8-2019 at 02:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wow. That really WAS the biggest, bestest, baddest, most spectacular, most amazingly incredible show since WrestleMania.

(lookit me mastering ironic sarcasm!)

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 6-8-2019 at 02:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
quote:
Originally posted by shashwat mishra
Sorry for the double post....unable to edit the above post for some reason

This kind of thing always makes me chuckle. I imagine it looking something like this:

Like that time this happened:
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Anyone who knows how to transfer this in it's entirety over to another thread should get this one in the Memory Jogger thread as a POTY candidate ASAP. Well done!
You registered eight years ago and you don't know how to copy a quote? You even quoted the post! Just take it and put it into the other thread!

[Edited on 6-7-2019 by Matte]

Hahaha i don't have a particular set of skills...any skills for that matter

Stuck in the 1980s.

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 6-8-2019 at 02:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
They managed to create a moment for the home crowd

Stuck in the 1980s.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2500
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 6-8-2019 at 03:44 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I ended up being bored as shit today and put it on in the background, so I caught a few things.

The HHH/Orton match was surprisingly not bad.

The Mansoor thing did seem like a big deal to the locals and hey, literally no one else would get any rub from winning that match, so why not let him have it?

I have no idea why they had Goldberg/Taker try to have an actual match. Taker somehow looked the worse of the two. This was a bad idea, executed badly, can't wait until Taker wrestles Flair this fall at Super Duper Double Down Showdown.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4111
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 6-8-2019 at 04:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The match honestly started pretty decently. Goldberg laughs off Taker's attempts at intimidation adn even mocks him, immediate Spears to start the match, Taker does the zombie sit-up after taking two in a row, Taker hits Old-School.

They were just going through the greatest hits and it was working until the botched jackhammer. After that, they never recovered and things ended with a shitty Chokeslam.

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2285
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 6-8-2019 at 05:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
They were just going through the greatest hits and it was working until the botched jackhammer. After that, they never recovered and things ended with a shitty Chokeslam.

Just a chokeslam? No Last ride, Hellsgate or Tombstone, to beat Goldberg?

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2500
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 6-8-2019 at 05:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Katie Vick killer
quote:
Originally posted by First 9

Just a chokeslam? No Last ride, Hellsgate or Tombstone, to beat Goldberg?

He did Tombstone him once and got a kickout. He was going for it again, but uhhhhhhhh...it wasn't happening. The chokeslam seemed to be an improvisation to cover for a planned finish that neither guy was in any condition to try and do.

Goldberg has apparently said he was knocked out in the match which...I totally believe, since he was bleeding like a pig and had obviously done his 'give myself a concussion on a locker' routine before he even came out.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6263
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 6-8-2019 at 07:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In reading up further on the Taker/Goldberg match, apparently Bill self-concussed his own damn self twice in the evening. Once before the gotdamn match even started when he does that stupid shit where he brains himself on a locker or somesuch other hard or immovable object before he does his Goldberg Marsch to der Ring thingie. They apparently had to check him out in gorilla because he was so looped from it.

Then on the missed spear through the ring ropes he actually forgot to, like, pro wrassle and actually kebonged his gourd on the ring post. But that might be understandable considering he just possibly concussed himself only minutes before backstage. Oh, and apparently Taker dropped him on his melon with a sloppy Tombstone. Sure, it can be argued that Goldberg might not have had his head in the right position or wasn't clinching Taker tight enough, or maybe even Taker straight up botched it, but ultimately it doesn't matter 'cause CTE don't much care how it got there anyway.

So, the sequence was essentially this: Goldberg brains himself pre-match and is wonky for the rest of the proceedings Forgets to stop on a whiffed spear and domes himself on the ringpost Taker then seals the deal by Tombstoning him for real. Jesus Christ, WWE.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11684
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 6-8-2019 at 07:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here's the Tombstone:

Here's what was supposed to be a Jackhammer:

And here's how it all ended:

[Edited on 6-8-2019 by Matte]

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1020
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 6-8-2019 at 09:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This genuinely was a great show, some fantastic wrestling, and great sports entertainment to boot. Easily one of the top PPV's this year so far. Taker Goldberg was so much better than expected untill Goldberg very obviously rung his own bell on the ringpost. The Jackhammer was grim and Taker was rightly pissed at the end.
DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8007
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 6-8-2019 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did you bang your head?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 6-8-2019 at 11:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Metal health drove him mad, Dev.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 809
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 6-9-2019 at 08:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That was like a brainbuster jackhammer. A brainhammer? Jackbuster? In any case, why the fuck do people still want to see these two doing this?
SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1020
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 6-9-2019 at 09:01 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I admit I thought putting them on last was wrong but they were well exceeding expectations till the injury. I'd love to see this Taker go against someone like Styles or Rollins.

quote:
Originally posted by DevilSoprano
Did you bang your head?

No, I enjoyed watching the show. Watching some of the most talented wrestlers in the world tell great stories during great matches with all the spectacle of a major show.

As opposed to reading biased headlines and going waaaa~ about the crap fantasy booking that takes place in my head.

I had a really fucking entertaining saturday night, if you didn't, shame, but it wasn't WWE's fault...

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 6-9-2019 at 10:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
* apparently Goldberg collapsed backstage after his disastrous match against Taker at Super Desert Genocide, with there being video of it happening too; he and Taker also got into a loud argument as well, with both blaming each other for the debacle

* (delete for being wrong)

* the hearts of the bi-curious everywhere were broken today as Finn Balor announced that he's getting married to *sob* a female; good thing that when words fail there's always a song to express the sadness

[Edited on 6/10/2019 by Paddlefoot]

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 6-9-2019 at 11:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
* apparently Goldberg collapsed backstage after his disastrous match against Taker at Super Desert Genocide, with their being video of it; he and Taker also got into a loud argument as well, with both blaming each other for the debacle

This is odd considering that Goldberg tweeted out his apologies to the fans and took full responsibility for the match.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10865
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 6-10-2019 at 12:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's the shit-sheets, hoss. I don't make up what they're saying, I only repeat in a bare-bones summary what they're claiming. Just for talking purposes and laffs too, as none of this should be taken seriously in the slightest.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 6-10-2019 at 12:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
It's the shit-sheets, hoss. I don't make up what they're saying, I only repeat in a bare-bones summary what they're claiming. Just for talking purposes and laffs too, as none of this should be taken seriously in the slightest.

Oh, agreed 100%.

Wasn’t directed at you, just rumor itself.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 6-10-2019 at 02:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
This genuinely was a great show, some fantastic wrestling, and great sports entertainment to boot. Easily one of the top PPV's this year so far. Taker Goldberg was so much better than expected untill Goldberg very obviously rung his own bell on the ringpost. The Jackhammer was grim and Taker was rightly pissed at the end.

thatsbait.gif

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 950
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 6-10-2019 at 05:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
That was like a brainbuster jackhammer. A brainhammer? Jackbuster? In any case, why the fuck do people still want to see these two doing this?

I'd rather see the two of them in box seats Waldorf and Statlering their way through an episode of Raw being served stiff beverages by Vince.

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 6-11-2019 at 04:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
From the Velveteen Dream's Instagram. And...wow.

quote:
Let's play a game...

Is it fair 2 critique Vince? I mean after all WWE is a form of entertainment. U do know WWE is a TV show, Right!?!? WWE Is A TV Show Put On Cable and Network TV. BY WHO U ASK? Answer: Vince McMahon. Evil Boss (OnScreen) & DIRECTOR OF HIS TV SHOW's (OffScreen) RAW, 205Live, SmackDown, ETC..

George Lucas Directed STAR WARs. VINCE MCMAHON Directs RAW, SmackDown, 205Live and he's directed everything else U've watched from WWE over the last 40years. Point Is: When TV sucks it's because the Actors and Entertainers and StuntMen FAILED 2 Entertain U

VINCE CAN WRITE ALL DAY. It's UR "FAVORITES" THAT HAVE 2 MAKE IT ENTERTAINING. STAR WARS WAS GREAT IN THE 90S TOO! The New Ones SUCK BECAUSE THE NEW ACTORS SUCK. And Yes This Is Still A WWE THREAD. Game Over

I Meant DREAM OVER

Dude, you're a hell of a talent, but to quote Jake Roberts: "You need to re-introduce your brain to your mouth, because you're talking out your ass." Especially since your gimmick pretty much all but guarantees that you will get absolutely neutered on the main roster.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top