The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Getting to know each other
First 9
The Great One

Posts 3962
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 5-16-2019 at 12:57 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Job:Currently working as a fleet dispatcher for a Florida truck company. Basically I look for shit to do for a couple of trucks. I do this from my laptop, working from my couch. Sounds awesome but it's a 24/7 job and I always have to be on-call and shit can get tedious.

Race: Hispanic but with pale skin and an English name so the racist fucks I sometimes talk with over the phone never give me the shit some of my co-workers have to put up with.Oh, I can still use my hispanic roots to gain favor with latin drivers and dock workers. So yay for double favoritism.

Status: single, got to sort through a lot of personal baggage before I could be ready for a relationship.

Nationality: Honduran, third world shithole, it's not quite as dangerous as some would imagine. The real threats are getting sick or not having anyway to provide for yourself as healthcare is almost non-existent and employment options are pretty baren. Cartels and gangs already did their worse years ago and are in bed with the politicians so the big boys aren't that much of a threat to regular people compared to just some desperate kids who mug people here and there.

Hobbies: Reading, discussing rassling, snorkeling, and splurging my hard earned money on fun night outs. Thank you exchange rate!

Misc:
- My uncle has been a CI for the DEA for years now and my father constantly reminds to not give out my last name to strangers because my uncle has directly contributed to a bunch of big shots getting caught and they might be out for revenge so someday I could randomly be kidnapped and tortured. That's a fun thought.
- I got a Bachelor's Degree in Tourism Management that I might never use.
- One of my best friends used to pratice witchcraft and some shit she's does raise and eyebrow
- Had a facebook, closed it after a couple of months because a mean looking mothefucker threatened me via FB messenger saying he was going to kill me for messing with his girl. I was 17 years old so I freaked out and deactivated my FB. Steered clear off social media for a good while then when I got over it decided to keep staying off it just because it felt pointless to jump back in.

[Edited on 5-16-2019 by First 9]

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 5-16-2019 at 09:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm actually surprised by how young some of you guys are... I guess that's what happens when some of us have been on here forever... it just kinda gives you that impression that we're all the same age.

I just turned 40 a couple of days ago but get told I only look like I'm in my late 20's or early 30's... So yay?!? I am a white guy, husky, generally bearded, Canadian born and raised; I've been to Europe 3 times now, and about 17 or 18 countries in all... My last time home from Europe I took a ship across the ocean which was a bizarre dream of mine for years; kinda appealed to my love of history I guess. I had a blast even though the average age on the ship was like 70... although that love of history made me fit right in.

Out of university I moved about 6 hours North to Ottawa thinking I'd go work in the government given that I speak French; got my various security clearances but forgot to check before moving if there was a hiring freeze going on... Turns out there was. I answered a blind job ad which was for selling insurance; from there I moved back to Southern Ontario and worked for various insurance companies doing different things like adjusting auto claims, back to sales and underwriting before spending that end of my career dealing with injury claims, investigating fraud files, and dealing with disputes between insurance companies. I was actually pretty good at what I did, and kind of kept getting put on special pilot projects before I kinda had a breakdown and became disabled (that still feels like a weird word to call it, but I've been approved by enough private insurance and government stuff that it is applicable I guess?)

So I'm 40 and essentially retired; thanks to my working salary and money I put away, along with some other luck in life I'm pretty comfortable. I do the odd uber thing every now and then for extra cash and am amazed by how often I get invited into drunken people's houses and for possible three ways of both varieties... I never partake, but am still kicking myself for turning down the only slightly drunk girls to come in, one of which worked at a lingerie store.

Single, no kids, but my sister lost her husband a decade back so since then I've tried to be pretty active in my nieces lives. Outings on my own are usually movie or comic book related (I've got several thousand books). I dig action figures... the marvel legends and Batman TAS figures are my favourites; outings with friends usually involve a board game... my best friend is crazy into it, but I generally prefer the less competitive stuff like Pandemic, Zomebiecide, or more fun stuff... although I do dig Memoir 44. I'm hit and miss on video games; hockey and wrestling with the odd big release title (so like the batman games, or red dead...ect). I've gotten into twitter over the last years... that's mostly arguing with nazi's, slagging on conservatives and other haters, or talking comics.

blazeofglory
And I am AWESOME

Posts 157
Registered 4-30-2008

Mood: Legendary

posted on 5-17-2019 at 02:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OOMike
quote:
Originally posted by blazeofglory
I live in upstate NY, where we have had 3 seasons in the last 2 weeks.

Job: IT. No not the evil clown, I fix computers and the network at my local community college. Been there 28+ years. I actually helped get our campus on the internet way back when.

As someone who attended a community college in upstate NY 30 years ago, I am curious which community college you are at....

I will send you a DM.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2727
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 5-17-2019 at 06:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good idea by Matte. Made me realise I have a decent number of OOers on m facebook, but they are pretty much all former OOers.

Job: Unemployed! My wife recently finished her PhD and took a job in Massachusetts so I quit my job to move with her and am back to looking. If this PhD things goes well I will hopefully stop working (or only work part time) to be a stay at home father for a while. Yay gender roles.

Married: Using wife in the prior post probably made that point.

Kids: Not yet.

Race/Nationality: White in the US

Hobbies: Wrestling obviously. Comic books, I read at least some every day. Board games are really where it's at. Particularly love Deck Builders, even better when they are cooperative. That and I will always love Catan. Based on Flash's comments I wonder if he has ever played Legendary: Marvel. That is my favorite game. In my breaks from job searching and trying to rewatch all the MCU movies and GoT before they both reached conclusions I started trying to design my own wrestling themed cooperative deck builder. Still working out plenty of kinks in getting the theme to really fit the game play, but it's starting to take shape.

OO: Started reading Rick in the old wrestleline days then eventually stumbled upon OO while I was getting back into wrestling after a few years off. Joined OO as a senior in college and have moved across the country multiple times since then. Gone from Boston to Los Angeles, to North Carolina, and now back in Massachusetts. Have gotten married and had too many jobs to keep track of.

Car: 2014 Corolla. Had to eventually get rid of my '99 Camry after around 220,000 miles as it started to fall apart.

[Edited on 5-17-2019 by TownOfDalem]

OO's only mammal penguin

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5001
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 5-18-2019 at 05:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fun Fact:

The ex-boyfriend of a sister of a co-worker of mine used to be a roadie for the the Traveling Wilburys

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7519
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 5-20-2019 at 07:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
I'm 27 (for perspective, I started posting here when I was 14).

This drives home how long some of us have been posting here. Fuck, I registered in 2004 when I was a spry 23 years old and I'm about to turn 38 in less than two weeks.

quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
What I drive: A 2012 Hyundai Elantra GT. I'm also determined to drive into the ground.

That's funny we drive the same car (even though mine is, um, nine years older than yours). My Elantra has been very good to me over the years and I would gladly buy another Hyundai whenever the time comes.

And since we have a "Trainwreck of the Year" bOOardie, can I be awarded an honorary "Trainwreck Re-Railing" award in December? I believe I've earned it.

Also, I'm drunk again.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12618
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 5-20-2019 at 10:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I love my Hyundai, and I think the next car I buy after the Elantra bites the dust would be the Kona if they still make it by then. Have you seen the limited edition Iron Man Kona? It's fucking slick! https://www..hyundaiusa.com/kona-iron-man/ Although, I'd be totally ok with buying a used FJ Cruiser instead.

Before the Hyundai, I had a 91 Acura Integra that I totally ran to the ground. I finally let it go in 2012 as a $250 trade in for the Hyundai. I flipped the odometer to 000000, even. It was actually still running fine when I got rid of it, it just had a leak I couldn't find that caused mold to grow in the car during rainy seasons. And I live in Seattle, which means 8=9 months of the year.

[Edited on 5-20-2019 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7519
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 5-26-2019 at 09:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah man, Hyundai 4 Life!

And it's funny, when I was young and didn't have to worry about a car payment or buying a new car, 100,000 miles seemed like a shitload to me. But as I sit at roughly 130,000 on my Elantra, I'm hoping I can make it to almost 200,000 before having to buy something new. In my older years, I've learned that having a crappy older car > paying $200+ a month for something newer.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Mordor of the soul

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 5-27-2019 at 11:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fun Facts:

- I've never seen James Cameron's Avatar and have no intention of ever watching it
- I kinda/sorta saved the life of a drunk who'd passed out on the train tracks across the way from a townhouse I was living in a few years back - heard the crazy fucker out there yelling at something in the middle of the night, saw him pass out dangerously close to the tracks, called the cops & guided them to where he was, they corralled him and took him off to the drunk tank for the rest of the day; it was commuter train track too that he nearly lay down on too, and the things ran all night, so it was a guarantee he'd get nailed eventually before he woke up and staggered away
- my favourite car was the first one I had, my dad's old Olds F86 (a version of the Chevy Nova); came in a nice colour that was some kind of bright mix of red & international orange; wasn't the fastest engine and was rusty as hell but I still miss that thing

[Edited on 5/27/2019 by Paddlefoot]

"Let's go give these Canuckleheads a good ol red-white-and-blue fist-fucking!" - Janerd75

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2341
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 6-1-2019 at 01:30 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Job: English Teacher in Harbin, China. It's a tough job, particularly on weekends where I teach 10-12 classes, usually starting at 8 in the morning. Also a pro wrestler, as some of you know.

Married: Separated, and currently dating an outstanding Chinese girl who is as kooky and weird as I am. She's also highly intelligent and "gets it" (If you have lived in China and dated Chinese girls before, you know what this means).

Kids: One, a girl, just born in February.

Race/Nationality: White, American.

Hobbies:

-Wrestling, particularly NJPW and PWG. I get a sick pleasure out of reading Csonka's reviews of RAW every tuesday morning.
-Working out and wrestling training. It's a lifestyle commitment and I am never not in the gym 5-6 days out of the week (our ring is in my gym), focusing on muscle groups, protein powders (whey and casein), and large amounts of cardio.
-Video games. I play a lot, but stay away from MMO's and online shooters like Fortnite and Apex Legends. No time for that sort of timesink at this point in my life.
-Cooking. Lot's and lots of cooking. I have become really good at making certain things, and even sell an outstanding cheesecake for about $60 when asked. Other things I am particularly famous for are my grilled cheese variants, beer macaroni and cheese, quesadillas, tacos, chicken wings, and a slew of confectionery treats ranging from buckeyes, millionaires shortbread, muddy buddies, fudge, and oreo truffles. Oh and I also pickle the best jalapeno you'll ever try.
-Walking and listening to music.
-Traveling to cities just to eat good food, and traveling in general. I have been to Singapore, Tokyo, Jeju Island, Seoul, and multiple third/fourth-tier Chinese cities all throughout the past 2 years.
-Drinking high-quality cocktails and Scotch. Ain't got no time for bullshit beers and low-grade alcohol anymore. Bring me a proper old-fashioned with Makers Mark, a Whiskey Sour with egg white, a White Russian, Moscow Mule in a copper cup, Manhattan, and a double shot of Hibiki/Lagavulin Scotch any day. This is a once-a-month habit, as drinking seriously impairs me for about 24 hours.
-Watching my girlfriend play new video games, particularly puzzle-based 2D action/platformer games. She also likes those first-person room-escape-style puzzle games like What Remains of Edith Finch.

OO: Started reading in 2004 when Rick produced the "Nitro is Ortin" RAW review, as I went to that RAW in Baltimore and immediately became fond of his writing.

EricOMac
The Rowdy One

Posts 2850
Registered 2-9-2003
Location Near Chapel Hill

Mood:

posted on 6-1-2019 at 03:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
quote:
I'm 27 (for perspective, I started posting here when I was 14).

This drives home how long some of us have been posting here. Fuck, I registered in 2004 when I was a spry 23 years old and I'm about to turn 38 in less than two weeks.

quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
What I drive: A 2012 Hyundai Elantra GT. I'm also determined to drive into the ground.

That's funny we drive the same car (even though mine is, um, nine years older than yours). My Elantra has been very good to me over the years and I would gladly buy another Hyundai whenever the time comes.

And since we have a "Trainwreck of the Year" bOOardie, can I be awarded an honorary "Trainwreck Re-Railing" award in December? I believe I've earned it.

Also, I'm drunk again.

I also drive a Hyundai Elantra (2017)! I love it.

I should probably post the full survey, shouldnít I?

VOTE!

Winner of a lot of wrestling drafts.

ďIn times of crisis, the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers.Ē

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   EricOMac 's Aim
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7519
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-3-2019 at 05:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
Video games. I play a lot, but stay away from MMO's and online shooters like Fortnite and Apex Legends. No time for that sort of timesink at this point in my life.

I'm a huge video game fan, but I think I'd consider you OO's preeminent gamer.

quote:
Originally posted by EricOMac
I should probably post the full survey, shouldnít I?

Do it!

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2341
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 6-3-2019 at 09:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I definitely should have said "I have no time to simply play one or two online multiplayer games like that when I can spend that time playing a whole slew of other, more interesting games"
EricOMac
The Rowdy One

Posts 2850
Registered 2-9-2003

Mood:

posted on 6-5-2019 at 03:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fine! Here you go.

I'm currently 32 (I'll turn 33 this summer). I joined OO in 2003 when I was a high school junior. I discovered OO through Wrestleline, which I discovered through WoW magazine (did anyone else read this? I bought my first copy at a K-Mart that had HHH on the cover and bought it every month until the last issue (which had Regal on the cover.)

I live in North Carolina. I just finished my 10th year of teaching physical education at an elementary school. I have coached middle school football during those ten years as well, which is a sport I didn't play in high school (I was a track, basketball, and baseball guy). But I enjoy getting to coach at this level. It's not super serious the way high school football can be and you can really teach fundamentals and growth of character. I just finished my portfolio for National Board Teacher Certification and I hope I have some good news to post when I get my results in late November.

I am not married. I was in a super serious relationship for about six years and when that ended, it messed with my head and confidence level for a few years. I date if my schedule allows it. I stay really busy. I would like kids in the future, but also not in any hurry (much to the chagrin of my parents.)

I enjoy reading a lot. I like to play video games but rarely have the time. I love to watching people play games - I am a Mario/Nintendo guy, so watching people speedrun Mario games and hacks is enjoyable for me. I discovered this a couple of years ago - my brother got in a serious motorcycle wreck and spent two weeks in a coma and a month in the hospital. Sitting in the waiting room, I found guys playing Mario Maker on youtube and it was a good way to pass the time and take my mind off things.

I'm good at singing. I sing in a band that plays anything from southern rock to gospel. I can also play piano/keyboard and harmonica. I'm active in my church.

4 friends and I started a non-profit 2 and a half years ago aimed at uniting people across economic, cultural and racial barriers. We offer a free meal once a month and invite the community to come out to know each other, under the premise that we need to reach out to people, regardless if they run in our social circle or not.

A friend and I are starting a podcast (first one coming out later this month) that will mostly focus on pop culture and 90s and 2000 nostalgia (there will be some current stuff, but we are starting with stuff from childhood.) The podcast will have episodes that are wrestling centric (our fourth podcast will be on our most memorable wrestling moments from childhood.) If there is interest, I'll be happy to share where you can find it when we start.

I love to travel. Every summer I try to travel somewhere I've never been, usually in search of a good concert. I also love Escape Rooms. I've done close to 20 over the past three years, across several states (NC, VA, PA, OH, SC). I've been to South Africa and Swaziland twice and my dream is to live in Swaziland one day.

Wow. That's a lot of stuff. I didn't even mention that I sign up for EVERY wrestling draft here and at Puns House. I use to win them all the time, but Matte has surpassed me I believe. Every year I tell myself that I'm done, but then an idea comes up in my head and I end up doing it anyways.

I drive a 2017 Hyundai Elantra. I bought it the day after Christmas in 2017. My vehicle prior to that was a 98 Honda Accord that I bought off a friend for 700 bucks. It was meant to get me to my next vehicle and it ended up lasting me three years. I love my Elantra. It was my first "modern" vehicle, and the fact that it has bluetooth to play podcasts and music still blows my mind. It's great on gas, easy to drive, and should last forever.

This was fun.

VOTE!

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   EricOMac 's Aim
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 6-5-2019 at 06:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I love to watching people play games - I am a Mario/Nintendo guy, so watching people speedrun Mario games and hacks is enjoyable for me. I discovered this a couple of years ago - my brother got in a serious motorcycle wreck and spent two weeks in a coma and a month in the hospital. Sitting in the waiting room, I found guys playing Mario Maker on youtube and it was a good way to pass the time and take my mind off things.

I watch the same stuff. Any favorites? My main circle is Poo, Barb, Carl, Ryu, Thab, Paco, and a few others.
quote:
I didn't even mention that I sign up for EVERY wrestling draft here and at Puns House. I use to win them all the time, but Matte has surpassed me I believe. Every year I tell myself that I'm done, but then an idea comes up in my head and I end up doing it anyways.

By my count, you've won 3 PH drafts (1 as a team with Eco) and 4 OO drafts (all "OOfficial"). I've won zero PH drafts (came so close in the one we just did, damn it) and 6 OO drafts (3 of those were "short" drafts, 1 was the NXT draft, 2 were "OOfficial"). So in addition to winning "the big one" more often (7 for you, 2 for me), you're still ahead overall by 1. Also cool is that we've both topped the other to win a draft. You beat me 13-4 in OO3, I beat you 6-5 in OOX.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

EricOMac
The Rowdy One

Posts 2850
Registered 2-9-2003

Mood:

posted on 6-5-2019 at 06:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

I watch the same stuff. Any favorites? My main circle is Poo, Barb, Carl, Ryu, Thab, Paco, and a few others.

All of those. Poo is my main guy. Love Ryu as well. I watched Barb do his playthough of Jump 1/2 during my spring break this year. I also like DGR and Dragon Feeny. I'm actually planning on buying SMM2 and creating levels for these guys/gals. Poo was the first one I found. He's a huge wrestling guy, so that helped. I have a GPB hat. Did you watch his playthrough of GPW2? It's my favorite playthrough I've seen him do.

(This is kind of cool - I never get a chance to talk to people about speedrunners. Would love to chat with you more about it.)

quote:

By my count, you've won 3 PH drafts (1 as a team with Eco) and 4 OO drafts (all "OOfficial"). I've won zero PH drafts (came so close in the one we just did, damn it) and 6 OO drafts (3 of those were "short" drafts, 1 was the NXT draft, 2 were "OOfficial"). So in addition to winning "the big one" more often (7 for you, 2 for me), you're still ahead overall by 1. Also cool is that we've both topped the other to win a draft. You beat me 13-4 in OO3, I beat you 6-5 in OOX.

That's neat. I think you've had more recent success. It also gets in my mind that you always seem to draft the rosters I want more than the rosters I end up with, so I automatically deem you as the more successful one.

VOTE!

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7736
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 6-5-2019 at 09:33 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I am the first person to join OO after Rick created them

Is this true? I donít recall you from the super early days. I know you were the 2nd member after one of the many early board wipes. God Iíve been here too long.

Job: currently on disability. Had an undefined position for years at a call centre, fixing whatever issues management had, and when not working on projects doing 2nd level tech/escalations. Itís crappy to be told by a doctor that you canít go back to work/look for work in a field you spent over a decade in. I do miss training folks on new tech, and getting to play with tech before itís announced.

Car: I was always a terrible driver, worse now. Actually no longer have a valid driverís license.

Relationship: Much like my job, currently on the d/l.

Health: Currently suffering from a variety of things, and have been in poor health for a while. Had a cancer scare in 2015. My hands are fairly useless. Iím pretty much always tired. And I spend a lot of time dealing with a major depressive disorder.

Side note...if you have felt down for 2 weeks or more, itís really important to talk to somebody. Depression sucks, but not dealing with it will make matters worse. Itís also ok to check yourself in to a facility for treatment. A lot of people think inpatient treatment is scary, but in my experience, they are very helpful with resetting your brain. Oh...and if you doctor puts you on meds, take them. If you feel they are not working, take them and talk to your doctor. Iíve been on a lot of them, and some have worked better than others.

Hobbies: Besides watching wrestling, I am a long suffering Toronto sports fan. The Leafs are my number one love, but the Raptors are a close 2nd. Iím also way in to modern board games. Not things like Monopoly, but things like Catan. I cull my collection often, but my favourites are Takenoko, TerraMystica, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Yamatai, and Five Tribes.

Fun fact: I live exactly 69km from the town Letter Kenny is partially based on. Yes, that show is an amped up, but still accurate version of a lot of rural Ontario.

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 7909
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 6-5-2019 at 10:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

All of those. Poo is my main guy. Love Ryu as well. I watched Barb do his playthough of Jump 1/2 during my spring break this year. I also like DGR and Dragon Feeny. I'm actually planning on buying SMM2 and creating levels for these guys/gals. Poo was the first one I found. He's a huge wrestling guy, so that helped. I have a GPB hat. Did you watch his playthrough of GPW2? It's my favorite playthrough I've seen him do.

(This is kind of cool - I never get a chance to talk to people about speedrunners. Would love to chat with you more about it.)

You're not the only people to watch the Mario speedrunners/Makers. I do it and I don't even like Mario games. I think I got started cause I wanted to see some Breath of the Wild stuff and GPB was the best one I found on YouTube. But the videos were slow in coming out there and I found out he had a Twitch and finished the BotW videos and started watching his live streams which were more Mario based. That led to Carl, Ryu, and the others. I watch Barb but kinda don't like him anywhere near as much as the rest. I also watch a few FIFA streamers and somehow got sucked into Fortnite streamers as well even though I think the game sucks.

The best thing on Twitch is still Critical Role though.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 6-6-2019 at 05:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm actually planning on buying SMM2 and creating levels for these guys/gals. Poo was the first one I found. He's a huge wrestling guy, so that helped. I have a GPB hat. Did you watch his playthrough of GPW2? It's my favorite playthrough I've seen him do.

I watched a little bit of Poo playing some kind of team shooter game with Adam Cole maybe a couple months back. They were live streaming it and the chat was relaying some wrestling questions to Cole through Poo, so that was pretty cool to see. With that little bit of a connection to WWE, with UpUpDownDown being a thing, and with Poo being a somewhat high-profile speedrunner (has that Redbull sponsorship locked down), it would be really cool to have him play some Mario games with Xavier and Cole on the show one day.

I did watch his playthrough of GPW2. When he has the notepad, an internet browser, and Lunar Magic all opened up at the same time in addition to the actual game, you know it's good puzzling. The transition itself from super difficult platformer to fourth wall-breaking puzzle was a really fun twist. Hacks like GPW2 are also interesting to watch in an "I would never in my life be able to clear a single one of these levels" kind of way. I'm also considering investing in a Switch and SMM2 to make some levels, so it's possible I pick up on a few of the tricks, but it'll take some time. The most Mario I've actually played after childhood is a few hours of Super Mario World over the past few years, so I'd basically be starting from scratch.

Regardless of whether I end up getting in the game or not, it might be cool to start a thread here to share our levels with each other and play and talk about them.
quote:
Originally posted by DevilSoprano
That led to Carl, Ryu, and the others. I watch Barb but kinda don't like him anywhere near as much as the rest.

Barb is kind of a mixed bag for me. It sometimes seems like I'm watching someone doing something that they really don't want to be doing, which I don't get from the other players. He's explained it away as "When Mario Maker is good, it's really fucking good. The problem with that is that 99% of the time, it's complete shit." I've adapted to his personality, and his attitude has basically become a meme at this point. I am looking forward to him doing SMM2 viewer levels and hope that the majority of levels are actually decent and not just trolly "piss Barb off for the lols" creations, because that ends up ruining the fun for everybody.

EDIT: On the topic of vehicles, I do like my current car, but have been thinking of whether or not I should make the switch to electric maybe 5 or so years down the line. I'm hoping Tesla comes out with something that looks like a sportier Model S (maybe a 2-door coupe), because that's the closest thing visually that I've seen to something I would actually get, I would just like it to be a little bit more stylish. Of course, I also don't want to pay $100k for it. Anyone have any experience or opinions on the electric car world?

EDIT 2:
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
- I've never seen James Cameron's Avatar and have no intention of ever watching it

I've also never seen it, and never really planned to, but I just got back from Disney World a couple weeks ago and seeing the Pandora world in Animal Kingdom and riding the couple Avatar-themed rides they had has made me want to watch it, ideally in IMAX form. Honestly, eat a brownie or take a low dose of acid and you'll probably absolutely love it.

[Edited on 6-6-2019 by Matte]

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3943
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 6-6-2019 at 11:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
quote:
I am the first person to join OO after Rick created them

Is this true? I donít recall you from the super early days. I know you were the 2nd member after one of the many early board wipes. God Iíve been here too long.

Yes, I just so happened to pop on Ö.. god I can't remember which site, CBS Sports? maybe, and he just posted that the site was up.

I was also the original Mod#3 when we were dealing with the literal shit posters.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Ė Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 847
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Deepavali

posted on 6-8-2019 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
+1 to the goon!

It was my idea, so I feel obligated to play now that someone else did.

I'm 27 (for perspective, I started posting here when I was 14). My job for the past five years has been temping at a nuclear plant for about three months each year. They just decided to hire me full-time as an operator, so hello money, goodbye free time. I'm engaged to be married in 2020. No kids, and no plans for kids. Ask me again in three years once I'm more settled into my life. I drive a black 2015 Scion FR-S with a few visual upgrades. Nothing gaudy and nothing performance-wise. I'm not really a car guy. Hobbies include hiking, budget traveling (local vacations), vinyl records (new hobby), running my cats Instagram account (@thekittyinthewindow), and talking about wrestling with all of you wonderful, terrible people.

This kid might be headed for early retirement and financial independence by 40. Got time on his side and expenses under control (mostly)!

Stuck in the 1980s.

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 847
Registered 9-27-2002

posted on 6-8-2019 at 04:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk

Job: Therapist

Married: Yes

Children: 1

Hobbies: Music, Yoga, Travel, Basketball, Tennis, Guitar, Foodie, Hiking

Extra: I knew Florida Man before Florida Man was cool. I also don't like Florida Man. I've had music reviews published. I've been paid to play music and have lived abroad.

Quite the successful life, I must say. Great going!

Stuck in the 1980s.

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 847
Registered 9-27-2002

posted on 6-8-2019 at 04:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
I've been to Europe 3 times now, and about 17 or 18 countries in all...

So I'm 40 and essentially retired; thanks to my working salary and money I put away, along with some other luck in life I'm pretty comfortable.

That is pretty awesome. Congratulations!!!

[Edited on 6-8-2019 by shashwat mishra]

Stuck in the 1980s.

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1071
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 6-12-2019 at 06:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This thing still on?

Anywho, hiya.

Still watch various stuff. Sadly, even my local independent scene in the St. Louis area has fallen prey to the drama bug.

I still do commentary for the promotions that'll have me. It's fun and, oddly enough, I seem to be good at it.

Thankfully I'm doing slightly better at diversifying my interests. When you let the rasslin consume most of your life, it's not particularly healthy. Go figure.

Hockey seems to be a thing around my neck of the woods. Not the biggest fan, but I know a ton of hardcore Blues fans who have been waiting for a championship for a long-ass time. Hope they finally get their wish tomorrow night.

As for the bullet points:

Age: 41 (I've been plugging away on the Eye Dubya See since it was an AOL forum and a questionable newsgroup, young'uns!)

Job: Office work at a St. Louis-area law firm (as in payroll and document scanning). Not overly exciting but it pays the bills. Went to school for radio and worked at an area station for nine years, but haven't found anything there since then. Career's kinda directionless at the moment; would be nice to write for a living if possible.

Married: Nope. Batting zero on the relationship front and I'm accepting that it probably ain't happening. It's on me; I'm an insecure asshole.

Kids: Nope.

Hobbies: Rasslin watching, occasional baseball/hockey watching, doing standup comedy, some video gaming, action figure collecting(mostly Transformers)

What I drive: 2019 Nissan Sentra. Car payments are slightly higher than I'd like, but oh well.

Mental disorders: Take your pick. Seem to have Asperger's, which is a nice discovery when you're middle-aged. Learning to not obsess over others' opinions.

Politics: One side sucks, the other side seems too weak to do anything about it.

Comedy: Emo Philips bought me a Taco Bell quesadilla and Josh Blue left a pot edible in my glove compartment.

Radio: Once ran the board for a local talk show that had Barack Obama as an in-studio guest. Wish I had a cooler story.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
borntorun
God of This World

Posts -8686
Registered 7-22-2003
Location Breathe

Mood: House, Monk-E

posted on 6-24-2019 at 04:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am Jack's raging bile duct

Fake McCoy Comics

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   borntorun 's Aim
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top