The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Getting to know each other
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11602
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 4-30-2019 at 08:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Getting to know each other

A random search for something unrelated lead me to this thread, and I noticed something pretty obvious: the landscape of steady posters has changed a lot over the last decade+ of OOing. And while we all know each other well enough to argue with and insult one another (and sometimes agree and joke with one another, but mostly the first thing), we probably don't really know that much about everyone here.

So let's get to know each other, maybe? Start with the basics and branch out from there: How old are you? What's your job? Married? Kids? Hobbies? What do you drive? Anything else you think is relevant or interesting about yourself?

If this picks up any traction, I'll pop back in and give my story later on.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8921
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 5-1-2019 at 03:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Don't Mess With Texas

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11602
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 5-1-2019 at 03:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Wherever the fountain of youth that you and CCharger have discovered that changes you into a perpetual 12-year-old is...I want in!

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8921
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 5-1-2019 at 03:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

EDIT: This is YouTube. Normal YouTube.

[Edited on 5-1-2019 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11602
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 5-1-2019 at 04:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Changed my mind. I want back out.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8921
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 5-1-2019 at 04:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

via GIPHY

Don't Mess With Texas

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 5-1-2019 at 12:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was arrested at a gender reveal party once.

I had never been to one before, and at the big moment, I thought everyone was supposed to participate.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3266
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 5-2-2019 at 12:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Did this get trainwrecked already? I'm guessing it was by the "fountain of semen" post, but I like to be certain about this kind of thing.
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8921
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 5-2-2019 at 12:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Was it ever on the rails to begin with?

Don't Mess With Texas

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6149
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 5-2-2019 at 04:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

I’ll give AEW credit ... while they lack in woman’s wrestlers they really do have the market cornered on add nothing but be super hot arm candy valets these days. - Also OOur Jerzoid Imam (PBUH)

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11602
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 5-6-2019 at 12:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If this thread has taught me anything, it's that I'm glad that I don't know any of you terrible, terrible people.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7598
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 5-6-2019 at 04:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna re-reail this thread!! Here we go!!!

Job: Toiling away in a warehouse for Shred-It (which is owned by Stericycle, so I don't really know who the fuck I work for)
Married: Yes
Kids: No
Hobbies: Drinking beer, playing video games, making music, watching movies, talking about myself on OO
What I drive: A 2003 Hyundai Elantra that I'm determined to drive into the ground

There you go Matte. Thread saved.

Also, I'm drunk.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11602
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 5-8-2019 at 04:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
+1 to the goon!

It was my idea, so I feel obligated to play now that someone else did.

I'm 27 (for perspective, I started posting here when I was 14). My job for the past five years has been temping at a nuclear plant for about three months each year. They just decided to hire me full-time as an operator, so hello money, goodbye free time. I'm engaged to be married in 2020. No kids, and no plans for kids. Ask me again in three years once I'm more settled into my life. I drive a black 2015 Scion FR-S with a few visual upgrades. Nothing gaudy and nothing performance-wise. I'm not really a car guy. Hobbies include hiking, budget traveling (local vacations), vinyl records (new hobby), running my cats Instagram account (@thekittyinthewindow), and talking about wrestling with all of you wonderful, terrible people.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12695
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 5-8-2019 at 06:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Age: 43 - I've been reading The Rick for about 22 years now. HOLY SHIT I'M OLD.

Job: I've been working for Disability Determination Services (under SSA) for over 18 years. 8 of them in Los Angeles, and the last decade in Seattle. I've been a Supervisor for the last 5 years. I'm now exactly what I didn't want to be when I grew up - a middle manager at an office job. Eh, could be a lot worse. I own a home, I don't hate my job, have good benefits, and a good retirement package. But that's at least another 20 years before that happens though. UGGGGGGGHHHHH.....

Married: No, but have been living with girlfriend for almost 7 or 8 years - I've lost count. She wants to get married, I don't care about marriage.

Kids: No and never. I have a dog. She's a 17 month old French Bulldog named Eleanor. She's fucking adorable and has an instagram. @eleanorrose_thefrenchie

Hobbies: Playing music (currently play bass in a Metallica tribute band), listening to podcasts, going on OO when I'm supposed to be working, watching rasslin, TV, and movies, video games, hiking, travelling, snowboarding, crossword puzzles.

What I drive: A 2012 Hyundai Elantra GT. I'm also determined to drive into the ground. Although at some point, I'd love to get a Toyota FJ Cruiser for non-practical stuff. And on the bucket list is an old motorcycle with a sidecar, for me and the dog, of course.

[Edited on 5-8-2019 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3947
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 5-9-2019 at 11:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Job: Compliance Auditor for L Brands. Exciting I know, but I get to travel a little bit.

Married: yes, second one for both of us, going on 16 years.

Kids: 3ish. My first marriage produced one son, but his mother has been successful in making sure I don't have contact with him, so I have not seen him since 2003, or spoke to him since 2004. My wife had 2 boys from her first marriage, that are mine as well. One passed away last year, the other has been living with his girlfriend for six years.

Hobbies: Reading, video games, watching TV, playing board games.

Extra: currently have 3 cats, snake, and a gecko. I am the first person to join OO after Rick created them, I was also once a mod, and I once won a $3000 grill from Maxim Magazine.

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

maclen
Showstopper

Posts 665
Registered 9-10-2003
Location 22 Acacia Ave

Mood: for a day

posted on 5-13-2019 at 07:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am job...

But seriously:

Job: Analyst (budget, contracts, RFP's & stuff) for the City of San Jose, California. going on 18 years.

Married: Yes.

Kids: Yes, one. 23 years old and a Senior at UC Merced.

Hobbies: Since about age 43, playing bass in bands. I originally stopped at around age 23-24 because I had to finish school, then real life.

Extra: I have two Miniature Schnauzers, Luigi (11) and Chachi (9). I started reading the News From Dayton (Rick) when I was 26 and my boy was just a few months old. I was an avid WWF watcher and enjoyed the golden era of the IWC until the early 2000's when they started pushing HHH down people's throats. I'm in the 1998 Royal Rumble pre-show holding up a sign that said "SHOW ME THE SUNNY!" I also have a great memory (still) and remember a lot of you guys from back then. 2Hot was the guy who led the welcoming committee when I joined the forums. I almost completely stopped coming around when the pages were taking forever to load.

[Edited on 5-13-2019 by maclen]

Rising From Darkness where hell hath no mercy and the screams of vengeance echo on forever, only those who keep the faith shall escape the wrath of The Metallian...
Master of all Metal

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 5-14-2019 at 03:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Job: I operate a fake guillotine at a traveling Renaissance fair

Married: Probably. It was several years ago in Bangkok and we were both intoxicated. Also, she may have been a he. I don't remember his/her name.

Kids: Unlikely. I'm really only into butt stuff.

Hobbies: pizza, prison films, artisanal home brews, glass blowing, DIY emojis, Zodiac Killer trivia

Extra: I used to have a dog until he was raped to death by a neighbor. I live in a school bus parked behind my mom's house. I used to live in a one bedroom apartment above a pirate-themed gay bar called the Poop Deck until I was evicted for having straight sex. I met janerd once at a wrestling show. He had soft hands and fetching smile.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10742
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 5-15-2019 at 03:28 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Age: 52 (soon), look 45, feel about 82 mentally/emotionally

Career: effectively over, after being destroyed by the oil price collapse the Saudis deliberately caused in 2014; I was a welding/QC inspector specializing in piping/pipelines, but that's all over now

Race: Caucasian (aka fucking whitey) and please tell me about all the privilege that's supposed to come with it - maybe my portion of it got lost in the mail or something

Status: single, have been for a long time, glad I never had kids for this world, that gets more fucking awful every fucking day, to chew up and grind out; there's always been more than our fair share of doomed little bastards in my family and I'm damn glad I bucked the tradition of spawning more of them for the monsters out there to fuck over

Nationality: Canadian - believe me, there's nothing special about this status at all; this two-faced country is so full of hypocritical self-righteous shit that if it were a person it'd be pouring out of it's ears

Hobbies: golf (formerly, until the leg and back injuries put a stop to that), military model building (formerly, until the financial disaster put a stop to that - lost my home therefore lost my building/painting area), reading (not as much as when I was young, lost interest in things like sci-fi anyway), internet (probably made things much worse thanks to the daily exposure to it's innate toxicity)

Misc:
- like to think I'm a good guy, not that it means anything in this world anymore obviously; done my share of things to be remorseful over though, don't expect forgiveness and don't want it either
- gone politically numb; formerly conservative, not a full liberal either, just can't believe anymore at the rampant victory of indecency and cruelty at all levels now, like a fucking gotterdammerung of everything that used to be moral & ethical falling to pieces
- have a family tradition of prostate cancer and for a long time I've been seriously considering declining any and all treatment if I'm diagnosed; does that count as a form of suicide?
- I have never posted a picture of myself on the internet, not even once

That's me. Endut. Hoch hech.

[Edited on 5/15/2019 by Paddlefoot]

Hey bitches! Screw ALL of you! - heel Bayley, Oct 11 2019

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3266
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 5-15-2019 at 03:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
CCharger be like:

Pads is all:

Meanwhile, I've turned into Janerd -- spewing gifs and drinking fifths. ('cept i gots no booze to drink. )

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10742
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 5-15-2019 at 04:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Doris Day dead. Tim Conway dead. Trump & Vince still alive. Good side keeps losing, kid, bad side keeps getting stronger.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11602
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 5-15-2019 at 04:10 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pad's posts over the last several months lead me to believe that he could be the next MAGA bomber, just with different motives. His constant negativity and ability to bring the mood down in any situation also reminds me of a former poster named Qonas. Cheer up, man! Alcohol is a depressant and weed might trigger psychosis in those predisposed. Good point about white privilege, though. And can you believe that people continue to push global warming and climate change as a thing even though it just snowed this past winter!?

I'll also say that as an onlooker, CCharger, I approve of your possible marriage. And can I take a guess at your favorite prison film?

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10742
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 5-15-2019 at 04:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you didn't want to know you shouldn't have asked.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3080
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 5-15-2019 at 04:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Job: Therapist

Married: Yes

Children: 1

Hobbies: Music, Yoga, Travel, Basketball, Tennis, Guitar, Foodie, Hiking

Extra: I knew Florida Man before Florida Man was cool. I also don't like Florida Man. I've had music reviews published. I've been paid to play music and have lived abroad.

blazeofglory
And I am AWESOME

Posts 157
Registered 4-30-2008

Mood: Legendary

posted on 5-15-2019 at 07:05 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Age: 47, will be 48 in a little over a month. And I look it and feel it. What isn't already bald, is gray. I have bad knees and a bad ankle from accumulated sports injuries over the years, and I blew out my elbow pitching as a teenager.

I have been watching wrestling since around 1980. First match I ever saw, my mother showed me Andre the Giant vs. Blackjack Mulligan from a house show on the MSG network.

Been reading/following Rick since the News from Dayton days. Been around long enough on the internet to remember the rec.sport.pro-wrestling Usenet news group.

I live in upstate NY, where we have had 3 seasons in the last 2 weeks.

Job: IT. No not the evil clown, I fix computers and the network at my local community college. Been there 28+ years. I actually helped get our campus on the internet way back when.

Married: Yes, twice.

Kids: Yes. 11 year old son, 9 year old daughter. Both from second marriage.

Hobbies: Gaming (I love having my kids be built in Xbox gaming buddies). Sports. I also coach both my kids in little league. Reading - I love Stephen King. I listen to 80's music, and otherwise I just watch TV. Big fan of Walking Dead.

Extra: I was a volunteer firefighter when I was younger. I am in the middle of having lost about 70 lbs over the last 9 months in an effort to get healthier and make my knees and back feel better. Got as high as 293, down to 224 now and hope to lose the remaining 24 and get down to around 200.

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3947
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 5-15-2019 at 07:23 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blazeofglory
I live in upstate NY, where we have had 3 seasons in the last 2 weeks.

Job: IT. No not the evil clown, I fix computers and the network at my local community college. Been there 28+ years. I actually helped get our campus on the internet way back when.

As someone who attended a community college in upstate NY 30 years ago, I am curious which community college you are at....

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic – Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top