The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Star Wars Episode 9
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 4-12-2019 at 08:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Star Wars Episode 9

Advance trailer was dropped today. AWWWW YEAAAAAHHHHHH!

Kill them all, Rey. Kill. Them. All.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 4-12-2019 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

[Edited on 4-12-2019 by nOOb]

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2727
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 4-12-2019 at 08:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Oh shit. I wasn't ready to begin thinking about this before Endgame debuted. Didn't even consider the fact that we didn't have a title for the movie yet.

OO's only mammal penguin

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5925
Registered 1-28-2013
Location 'Murica's Wang

Mood: Donkey Show

posted on 4-12-2019 at 09:11 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-13-2019 at 04:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Disney pretty much killed my interest in Star Wars with the direction The Force Awakens and (especially) The Last Jedi went, so I really can't say I'm super psyched for the conclusion of the sequel trilogy. But dammit, they just had to go and add that Emperor laugh at the end of the trailer (Palpatine is pretty much my favorite Star Wars character), so I am at least a bit intrigued.

Also, "Rise Of Skywalker" is such an unexpected title. I mean, obviously we're not supposed to know what it means until the movie is out, but unless it's referring to Kylo Ren (who is part Skywalker) or Rey turning out to be a Skywalker (which I doubt), I'm kind of at a loss for what it could mean. Maybe it's the Skywalker name inspiring the galaxy, as was teased at the end of the last movie?

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 4-13-2019 at 08:58 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm psyched for it and intrigued by the trailer but there's a part of me that wants Disney to jut put out 3 hours of Rose Tyco giving monologues while the ghost of Vice Admiral Holdo does unexpected and consequential things to save the day as several other actors of colour and women have prominent roles... Oh and Finn and Poe totally are gay for each other.

I want this because I think it would literally break the internet as here we are 2 years later and checking out twitter today all the basement dwellers are still butt hurt in force over the Last Jedi... I don't mean people who just didn't like it, but those that had some extensive fan film in their head and who are pissy that it didn't live up to that... The same people I've seen post videos of themselves cutting the heads of Rose Tyco action figures and who harass people online.

I want them to suffer.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 4-13-2019 at 10:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If that giant broken circular thing in the far distance is a piece of the second Death Star that crashed onto Endor then, with the eerie laugh voiceover, it can only mean one thing - Palpatine wasn't killed in ROTJ. He used some dark side Sith power to somehow survive and from the wreckage on Endor has been pulling the strings of the First Order all along!

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 4-13-2019 at 10:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Well long before Lucas got back around to doing the prequel movies he toyed with a few Star Wars related things... Like do any of you remember Shadow of the Empire? It took place during the six months between Empire and Jedi, and was deliberately designed to test the waters by doing all the stuff a movie does just without doing the movie (ie it did all the tie ins, novel, toys, video game) and was a big hit... This lead to a few other projects like the Heir to the Empire trilogy that dealt heavily with cloning; ditto for a comic series called Dark Empire where it was specifically said that the Emperor continually cloned himself to stay alive (which culminated in a lightsabre duel between Luke and the Emperor)... This would spawn a massive ongoing novel and comics series which with The Force Awakens were all officially made non-Cannon; However, Lucasfilm has often pulled elements from the various novels in both big and small ways... Like the capitol planet of Corrusant comes from the books (fun fact, even the Sith stuff comes from older books) or major characters like Thrawn... So mayhaps JJ did the same and looked to some other sources for things... Like maybe Snoke was a sith clone, and that's also how Palapatine is back... assuming he isn't just a force ghost himself (which would be cool).

At present the current cannon line up is:

Movies 1-9 + Solo and Rogue One
The Clone wars
Rebels
Resistance
2020 will also see the debut of The Mandalorians (better Ep IX has a trailer for it on there).
There's now a handful of books and comics written post-Force Awakens that fill in a few holes, or flesh out some characters back stories... Scintillating stuff like Poe was conceived during the celebrations one Endor's moon.

I personally think Caravan of Courage should be in there, but what do I know

Here's what I'm curious about, and odds are it will be fleshed out in books I'm guessing... But who the heck are the Knights of Ren?

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 4-13-2019 at 02:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash

I personally think Caravan of Courage should be in there, but what do I know

I laughed at the joke when they made it, but the Honest Trailer guys might have been on to something with Battle for Endor being a Captain Phasma origin story. I just wish the VHS I had of that movie was still in watchable condition (and that I had a VCR).

And a video for reference:

[Edited on 4-13-2019 by nOOb]

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2257
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 4-14-2019 at 01:24 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
I'm psyched for it and intrigued by the trailer but there's a part of me that wants Disney to jut put out 3 hours of Rose Tyco giving monologues while the ghost of Vice Admiral Holdo does unexpected and consequential things to save the day as several other actors of colour and women have prominent roles... Oh and Finn and Poe totally are gay for each other.

I want this because I think it would literally break the internet as here we are 2 years later and checking out twitter today all the basement dwellers are still butt hurt in force over the Last Jedi... I don't mean people who just didn't like it, but those that had some extensive fan film in their head and who are pissy that it didn't live up to that... The same people I've seen post videos of themselves cutting the heads of Rose Tyco action figures and who harass people online.

I want them to suffer.

[Edited on 14/4/2019 by Katie Vick killer]

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-14-2019 at 10:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
If that giant broken circular thing in the far distance is a piece of the second Death Star that crashed onto Endor then, with the eerie laugh voiceover, it can only mean one thing - Palpatine wasn't killed in ROTJ. He used some dark side Sith power to somehow survive and from the wreckage on Endor has been pulling the strings of the First Order all along!

It seems most fan speculation is that Palpatine will either be a force ghost or a clone, or that he may just appear in some kind of vision to Rey (like the one she had when she touched Luke's lightsaber in Force Awakens). I kind of have a hard time believing we'll see him in physical form, since he basically seemed to explode after getting tossed by Vader, and even then the Death Star got blown up after that.

And as a Palpatine mark, pretty much the one thing they could have done to get me interested in Episode IX would be to tease his return, and sure enough they fucking did it.

Also, because I forgot to mention it in my last post: I can't wait to see how they kill off Lando in this one.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2019 at 08:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
How spoilery do we want to get with this thread insofar as none of us have seen the movie... I mean obviously if someone has read some script leak don't be a dick, BUT FOR EXAMPLE (ie rumour to follow) more about posting news and rumours, or our own theories...

EXAMPLE OF SOME SPOILERS/news/theories NOW BELOW

Like I head someone made a comment that one year has passed between TLJ and IX; which would explain both how Rey appears to be more skilled with flippy stuff and has a light sabre again.

What also might be interesting is that production was back in whatever country they shot Rogue one in for the Jedha scenes... Why is this interesting? Jedha is where the Jedi temples were in Rogue one (remember Chirrut... He was noted to be a guardian of the Wills; which is a word that has shown up as far back as Lucas's original Ep IV notes in describing the Force... before it was called the Force), Jedha is also in secondary information where kyber crystals are found, and kyber crystals are what makes lightsabres... well, lightsabres.

So perhaps the scene we are seeing of Rey sparking up her lightsabre is perhaps her first time using a newly repaired lazer sword? Jedha city was leveled by the Death Star, but who's to say there aren't other holy relics about on the planet that a rookie Jedi might not find informative... Also it was the home of Saw Gerrera (Forrest Whitakers character), a rebellious fellow... So Jedi stuff, rebellion history... might make for a good hiding spot for the rag tag resistance.

Of course all this is based on a shooting location... It could just be that they dug the area as a production location and it's really a different arid planet.

OOMike
The Great One

Posts 3941
Registered 1-3-2002
Location Columbus, OH

Mood: same ol same ol

posted on 4-16-2019 at 04:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

via me.me

2017 where Nazis are defended and being against Fascism is a bad thing.

Prejudices are rarely overcome by argument; not being founded in reason they cannot be destroyed by logic Tryon Edwards

Never let the facts interfere with a good rant.

The only OO columnist that has never written a column.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top