The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Letterkenny - Hulu
MayhemNX
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1715
Registered 11-18-2006
Location Web City

Mood: Bitey

posted on 2-11-2019 at 04:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Letterkenny - Hulu

A buddy of mine turned me onto this show, and I quickly shot through the entire thing in about 3 days. It's a canadian sitcom mostly focused on 4 characters in the fictional town of LetterKenny, and it's one of the funniest things I've seen recently. Anyone else see it, thoughts?

Quantum Fetish Mechanics: The act of thinking up a new type of fetish causes that fetish to exist. Someone probably has a website dedicated to it. Schrodinger's cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by peanut butter and elbows.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8261
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 2-11-2019 at 05:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yessir. I'll even just quote myself from the Hidden Gems thread the other day--

quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
I started watching Letterkenny on Hulu the other night... I'm partway through season 2 now. It's pretty funny. I'm sure some of the more colloquial humor/references are going over my head*, but I'm still enjoying it so far.

*We actually have All Dressed chips here. Those started popping up in stores about two or three years ago. Still no ketchup chips, though. And now that gastropubs have become a dime a dozen, poutine isn't exactly hard to find anymore.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5933
Registered 1-28-2013
Location THE WORST IN THE WOOOOORLD

Mood: Climate Taint

posted on 2-11-2019 at 10:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Goddamned Canadiennes and their proprietary tv shows we can't get here in the States...

Hulu? Another streaming service? Fuck that noise. I think. 'Cause I really, really love this show.

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7736
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 2-12-2019 at 12:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fun fact, my house is exactly 69km from Listowel, the actual Canadian town Letterkenny is based on.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10543
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Mordor of the soul

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 2-12-2019 at 01:13 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
...69km...

Nice.

When I worked a job in southern Saskatchewan a few years ago I drove past the town of Rouleau a bunch of times. Rouleau was the setting for the Corner Gas TV show, which was basically a non-profanity version of Letterkenny. Same sort of wacky rural types on the show though, although it didn't have a "I'm gonna fuck your sister" plot running through the show and none of the characters crapped their pants either. The Corner Gas gas-station set was still there when I was in the area, but it had begun to sink into the ditch/wetland it had been built on. Combined with the vandalism from the local kids it was in pretty bad disrepair. Then again most of the towns on that stretch of highway were also in disrepair so it's not like the deteriorating TV set made the place look any worse than it was naturally by itself. One abandoned church along that road was so genuinely creepy to look at they could have used it as the setting for a sequel to John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness.

[Edited on 2/12/2019 by Paddlefoot]

"Let's go give these Canuckleheads a good ol red-white-and-blue fist-fucking!" - Janerd75

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top