The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Game of Thrones: The Only Show That Matters in 2019
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 1-17-2019 at 12:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Game of Thrones: The Only Show That Matters in 2019

April can't happen soon enough

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

MayhemNX
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1715
Registered 11-18-2006
Location Web City

Mood: Bitey

posted on 1-17-2019 at 02:59 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Hopefully Dish and HBO resolve their feud before then.

Quantum Fetish Mechanics: The act of thinking up a new type of fetish causes that fetish to exist. Someone probably has a website dedicated to it. Schrodinger's cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by peanut butter and elbows.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 2-4-2019 at 12:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Best Super Bowl commercial ever or just best commercial ever?

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12617
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 2-4-2019 at 04:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I didn't watch most of the Meh Bowl so I heard about this and looked for it on Youtube. My girlfriend starts with "why are we watching a Bud Light commercial"? The turn made her laugh out loud and approve. Well done, HBO and Bud Light.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 682
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 2-5-2019 at 08:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So is that Bud Lightís way of effectively killing their Middle Ages commercials? No idea why you would be cool with having someone come in and wrecking your product and Iím not sure why GoT felt the need to sell out like that but I guess the exposure is all that matters.
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 3-5-2019 at 05:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
And...here. We. Go.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 4-15-2019 at 12:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just a friendly reminder that you have an hour and a half to drop everything you are doing, find a way to get access to HBO somehow, and sit down for the most important thing to happen this year until the next episode.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2019 at 08:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Great season opener, even if nothing (expectedly) huge happened. It seems like they were going more for the emotional reunions before the shit completely hits the fan over the next episode or two.

And goddamn, that was some amazing acting on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's part upon seeing Bran at the end, in just one facial expression. For as much as Jaime has redeemed himself, he still has to answer for shoving a little kid out of a window. But I'm kind of thinking that Bran is going to be more like "what you did was fucked up, but it put me on my current path in life, so I forgive you."

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

Mood: ShitBird McShitHeel

posted on 4-15-2019 at 09:06 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The Umber boy. Golly!

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 682
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-15-2019 at 09:41 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
Great season opener, even if nothing (expectedly) huge happened. It seems like they were going more for the emotional reunions before the shit completely hits the fan over the next episode or two.

And goddamn, that was some amazing acting on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's part upon seeing Bran at the end, in just one facial expression. For as much as Jaime has redeemed himself, he still has to answer for shoving a little kid out of a window. But I'm kind of thinking that Bran is going to be more like "what you did was fucked up, but it put me on my current path in life, so I forgive you."

I thought the same thing. And I guess when Jon said that Bran was now a man and he replied with ďAlmostĒ, Iím guessing confronting Jaime will complete it. Thatíll be interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
The Umber boy. Golly!

Kinda weird how the last time we saw those guys, they were running from the White Walkers and then they went to the Umber castle (on orders from Jon/Dany?) where the WW were and now they have to hightail it back to Winterfell. Wouldíve liked to see how they escaped the WW at the Wall.

Or maybe they didnít go to the Umberís castle but to the (what was the other family that went back on their word and wouldnít join the army because Jon denounced his crown)?

[Edited on 4-15-2019 by CVD39]

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 980
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-16-2019 at 01:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Nikolaj had a great facial reaction when Olenna Tyrell told him she was responsible for killing Joffrey. He can pull that off. John Bradley (Samwell) did a great job when he found out about his father and brother as well.

I wonder who can pull of a post-GoT career without being overly typecast. Nikolaj is very talented. What's funny to me is the second and third worst actors on the show (after Shea) seem to have the best movie career (Emilia Clarke and Sophie Turner) started.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 4-16-2019 at 05:33 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39

Kinda weird how the last time we saw those guys, they were running from the White Walkers and then they went to the Umber castle (on orders from Jon/Dany?) where the WW were and now they have to hightail it back to Winterfell. Wouldíve liked to see how they escaped the WW at the Wall.

Tormund and Beric and a couple of others ran along the top of the Wall away from where the undead dragon had collapsed it; anyone at Eastwatch who went down the stairs got killed by the falling ice that crushed all the buildings. I assume they travelled along the Wall to the next Night's Watch castle, went down the stairs there (Jon had the empty castles repaired and restocked when he was commander of the Watch), and then headed south via Last Hearth (the House Umber castle) towards Winterfell.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 4-19-2019 at 06:47 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Pretty much that, Pad. During the break, one of my friends bought a "map of Westeros" table that I spent way too much time studying for the last year, so I know way too much about travel through a made up continent. But Eastwatch to Winterfell is a straight shot southwest, with only Last Hearth in between (an aside: that sure was swell of them to let Lady Karstark and her people hole up in Winterfell, since the dead attacking Karhold would take them southeast of Last Hearth, and then forced them to head southwest again through the Dreadfort (which is likely empty since the Boltons are gone) or through some hills that escape me as to their name to get to Winterfell....I do also have a whole thing about Yara's plan to secure the Iron Islands for a fallback point when it seems smarter for Daenerys to just flee southeast to White Harbor and take boats back to Essos, or Dragonstone, depending on whether they thought they could win the fight yet). The trip from Castle Black to Last Hearth is a bit weirder since they'd have to go south and then veer east off the road to Winterfell to get there, so I assume Edd and company were just asked to check in on young Lord Umber.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-22-2019 at 04:11 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So like, 50% of the cast is dying next Sunday right?

And with the big battle taking place in the third episode, it makes me wonder where things stand for the final three episodes after that (I guess I'd always figured the battle against the Night King was the ultimate climax). I'm wondering if Cersei marches on Winterfell as the ultimate final boss after the good guys are heavily depleted from fighting the army of the dead, though I've seen the theory floated around that the Night King is actually going to attack King's Landing while sending a secondary unit to Winterfell.

Either way, next week's episode is going to be fucking awesome.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 4-22-2019 at 04:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
She's 22 in real life but her character is still a teen on the show. Does that make everyone who watched tonight guilty of viewing underage softcore?

- David-8

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 682
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-22-2019 at 07:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
She's 22 in real life but her character is still a teen on the show. Does that make everyone who watched tonight guilty of viewing underage softcore?

HBO sent out a reminder that Arya is 18 in the show before the episode. So, barely legal soft core, I guess.

And yeah, Goon, Iíd imagine Brienne is a definite goner and probably a few more. Holding out hope for Jorah, Davos, and The Hound. I donít think Theonís, Samwellís or The Houndís stories are over yet.

I wonder if weíre gonna get Young Guníed and those that drank by the fire lived while those that didnít, donít.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7515
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 4-22-2019 at 08:46 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

HBO sent out a reminder that Arya is 18 in the show before the episode. So, barely legal soft core, I guess.

I wasn't bothered by the age thing (since I know HBO obviously wouldn't show a character who's under 18 naked and having sex), but it was a little awkward since Maisie Williams does look young and we've never seen Arya portrayed in a sexual way before. With that said, and in the context of the show, Arya assumes she's only a day or two away from death, so hey, why not have sex for the first time.

quote:
And yeah, Goon, Iíd imagine Brienne is a definite goner and probably a few more. Holding out hope for Jorah, Davos, and The Hound. I donít think Theonís, Samwellís or The Houndís stories are over yet.

I wonder if weíre gonna get Young Guníed and those that drank by the fire lived while those that didnít, donít.

I would say Brienne is a goner, but man, it seems like her and Tormund need to have one moment together (though maybe they get that right before they die). If I had to pick, I'd say Beric, Jorah, Podrick, and Theon are the most expendable, with Brienne, Tormund, and Davos in the runner up category.

And the more that I think about it, the more the "Night King marches on King's Landing" theory makes sense. We didn't see him or his dragon at the end of tonight's episode, and why wouldn't he try to raise a few thousand more undead soldiers before making his final assault on Winterfell?

Also, I saw multiple people on Reddit talking about the dead being risen in the crypts of Winterfell and attacking everyone hiding down there, but I don't really get how that would work...it's a cool idea, but you would have to assume that those deceased Starks are just dust and bones at this point, so how exactly would they be reanimated?

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 4-22-2019 at 12:38 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Also, I saw multiple people on Reddit talking about the dead being risen in the crypts of Winterfell and attacking everyone hiding down there, but I don't really get how that would work...it's a cool idea, but you would have to assume that those deceased Starks are just dust and bones at this point, so how exactly would they be reanimated?

The Night King did have a few skeletons with him at Hardhome, so a few non-descript Starketons could be a thing. But more recently, Jon did impulsively put Rickon down there without burning him, so it could be a matter of just one Stark zombie.

Hopefully he wasnít dumb enough to bury Wun Wun on the grounds somewhere.

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 980
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-22-2019 at 02:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was wondering about putting people in the crypt as well. Seems like a bad idea.

Anyone get a sense that Daenarys (sp?) was trying out Sansa for Hand of the Queen?

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7720
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 4-22-2019 at 08:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Part of me is worried that Cersei wins. I really want to see Arya kill her.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 4-22-2019 at 09:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thinking that Ramsey probably left Stannis' army rotting where they fell so there's another couple of thousand corpses lying there waiting to be reanimated. As for the Starks the only recent dead would be the already mentioned Rickon. Ned and probably Lyanna too (given she died in Dorne and that's a hell of a long way to return a body from) were returned as bones only. Robb and Catelyn never returned at all. Brandon and Rickard Stark, Ned's older brother and father respectively, were killed by Aerys II in King's Landing, with Brandon probably tossed in the river and Rickard burned alive by wildfire. So overall there is a lack of recent Stark dead in the crypts.

- David-8

bopol
Showstopper

Posts 980
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 4-22-2019 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I want to see a reanimated Ramsey Bolton as a skeleton and a lot of dog shit.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7720
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 4-29-2019 at 03:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Iím pretty sure any GOT fan who gets impregnated with a girl in the next 6 nights, has to legally name the kid Arya.

A girl has a name, and itís Night King Slayer, Arya Stark.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5925
Registered 1-28-2013
Location 'Murica's Wang
Member Is Online

Mood: Donkey Show

posted on 4-29-2019 at 03:37 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10517
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell
Member Is Online

posted on 4-29-2019 at 04:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
My jaw literally dropped and that doesn't happen to me ever. Just too bitter and cynical. This time though? Words fail. That was the finest piece of cinematic art I've ever seen in my entire life.

- David-8

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top