The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Time to retire the Women's Wrestling subforum
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7709
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 1-7-2019 at 06:29 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Time to retire the Women's Wrestling subforum

Long (I mean LLLOOONNNGGGG) time forum members may find it odd that I'm suggesting this...but do we really need a place for women's pics to be shared at this point?
OORick
Intellectual Savior of the Masses

Posts 4267
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: Flyered Up

posted on 1-8-2019 at 05:21 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
FWIW, I'm a lot more likely to do something about this suggestion than about the Board Themes.

For 17 goddamned years, my moderatorial touch on the forums has been "soft," to say the least. And by design. I like people to feel free to say/do what they want, and further, I trust other (better) people to shame them if they go to far. I employed Mods (to varying degrees of success) when things got stupid, but mostly, you've been a good self-policing bunch this whole time.

But I've had my share of concerns in recent years. They've been amplified in the last 18 months or so, for sure, but they go back a long time. My first inkling that "celebrity nude leaks" was a bad thing was the Erin Andrews story, and boy was that a very bad thing. Before that, I just assumed "Why is Paris Hilton famous? Because she leaked a sex tape. Clearly if you have a leaked sex tape, it's because you wanted to be famous." All of a sudden, that changed.

Now, in the present day, I take zero joy in "leaks," and I get more than a bit upset when other people do. I even get genuinely disappointed when they employ some variation on "Well, if they didn't want people to see them naked, why did they take the pictures?" Victim-shaming is the worst.

Which brings me to goalie's suggestion. I'm all for a soft touch. I'm all for letting you all be you all, and silently judging you. But if any part of this makes me somehow an accomplice? I probably oughta do something. But one debate about sick pervs getting their hands on the latest leak isn't the same as all us normal sleazes deriving some enjoyment out of readily shared/compensated-for stimuli, either.

Introspection on my part is inevitable, and will have consequences. Get your input in while you can.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 1-8-2019 at 06:17 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I was going to conceptually debate the "shuttering" argument but then looked at the forum and saw what all was on page 1 of the last threads started which represent threads started over the past 2.5 years and...yeah.

Don't Mess With Texas

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5916
Registered 1-28-2013
Location 'Murica's Wang

Mood: Donkey Show

posted on 1-8-2019 at 06:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 1-8-2019 at 03:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I have mixed feelings about this.

First, I completely agree with the sentiment behind this. We are in a different place as a society and in a wrestling business than we were 20 years ago. We should reflect that.

On the other hand, women's wrestling is at an all time high in terms of quality, credibility, and visibility. It would be a shame to take away a place to discuss it.

Still, it's pretty clear that particular sub forum isn't being used to discuss the rejuvenation of female wrestling.

Also, it seems anachronistic at this point to even have a separate forum for the women when we could easily discuss men and women together.

So, yeah, I'm conflicted.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 1-8-2019 at 04:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
On the other hand, women's wrestling is at an all time high in terms of quality, credibility, and visibility. It would be a shame to take away a place to discuss it.

Still, it's pretty clear that particular sub forum isn't being used to discuss the rejuvenation of female wrestling.

This is where I was going to go with the conceptual debate against closing it...but like I said I looked at page 1 of new threads within which span the past 2.5 years and nearly all are hack or 'appreciation' threads.

All women's wrestling gets discussed in Current (or Retro) but in non-gender-specific subforums.

Don't Mess With Texas

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 1-8-2019 at 05:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If things like the Mae Young Classics and Evolution aren't being talked about in the Womens Wrestling subforum, I think the argument for its relevance relating to women actually wrestling is defeated.

In my opinion, it's a little outdated. Leaks shouldn't be posted here and if you want to see pictures of Alexa's butt, it takes all of ten seconds to find them yourself.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

The Finale: 3-D vs. Doomsday Device

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10512
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell

Mood: criminal record soon

posted on 1-8-2019 at 05:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Make an omnibus thread it Parts Unknown for booty pics of lady wrasslers and miscellaneous hotties alike. Close the main women's sub-forum altogether if you think it's obsolete as a mule and must be DELETED! Lock or wipe out any of the leaks/hacks/fappening threads if necessary. As long as we don't turn into some sort of SJW re-education camp where saying "she's hot" or something similar results in a suspension or expulsion. We're guys, FFS, and if it's done in harmless fun then there's nothing at all to apologize for in that.

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-8-2019 at 05:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Make an omnibus thread it Parts Unknown for booty pics of lady wrasslers and miscellaneous hotties alike. Close the main women's sub-forum altogether if you think it's obsolete as a mule and must be DELETED! Lock or wipe out any of the leaks/hacks/fappening threads if necessary. As long as we don't turn into some sort of SJW re-education camp where saying "she's hot" or something similar results in a suspension or expulsion. We're guys, FFS, and if it's done in harmless fun then there's nothing at all to apologize for in that.

There's a world of distinction between saying a woman is sexy and posting links to her private nude pictures and videos.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that if we as a group can't manage that distinction then this whole thing should close up shop.

[Edited on 1-8-2019 by CCharger]

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1935
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 1-8-2019 at 09:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, I donít see too much problem with keeping it, but would be in favor of strict rules against posting or linking to (including indirect suggestions of where to find them, etc) leaked/hacked/whatever term you want to use/etc pictures that were not intended for public consumption. Honestly thatís the sort of thing that doesnít even need to be discussed as ďnewsĒ unless itís somehow relevant to the wrestling business (i.e. someone gets fired over it), because spreading awareness of that sort of material being out there only adds to the problem IMO. And delete any offending posts already out there.

Screengrabs from TV, pics taken for website/magazine photo shoots, random pics taken and posted to their social media accounts? Not a problem. Matteís right that itís a little outdated (the first page alone goes back 2.5 years!), though mostly harmless. But the hacked photos thing has definitely become more of a problem over the last decade, and itís best to stay on the right ethical side of that line.

But if it does get taken down, at least move the original diva showdown sub forum to retro for posterity.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 1-9-2019 at 10:49 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Make an omnibus thread it Parts Unknown for booty pics of lady wrasslers and miscellaneous hotties alike. Close the main women's sub-forum altogether if you think it's obsolete as a mule and must be DELETED!

I think this is the best answer. I'm not necessarily one of them, but there are people here who not only want to look at sexy/nudie pics of the female wrestlers, but also talk to others about how hot the women are and the things they'd like to do to them. To each his own. One thread dedicated to that (down in Parts Unknown) should be enough.

Of the 25 threads on the first page of the Womens Wrestling subforum, 10 of them are advertising private photo leaks, and 10 of them are "appreciation threads" or variations of that. Not really worthy of an entire subforum when it could all be condensed into a single thread and tucked away to where the drunk posters congregate on the weekends.

quote:
Originally posted by Cherokee Jack
move the original diva showdown sub forum to retro for posterity.

Also agree with this.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2401
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 1-9-2019 at 10:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

I don't think there's much danger of the forum going full SJW (much as I loathe that term, it seems to have become the shorthand). I'm about as close as we get on that spectrum and even I enjoy a bit of the butt and boob from time to time.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4982
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 1-10-2019 at 06:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Again, I think thereís a distinction between sexy public pictures of female wrestlers and hacked/leaked private pictures of the same. We should be able to delete any threads/posts dealing with leaked photos without nuking everything, right?

Also, I know we donít ban here anymore, but maybe make posting leaked photos or links to leaked pics a bannable offense?

-- The Rick

OORick
Intellectual Savior of the Masses

Posts 4267
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: Flyered Up

posted on 1-15-2019 at 12:38 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Combining my own temperament on this issue with some of the suggestions made so far in this thread, I hereby declare:

1) The Women's folder will be locked and moved to a sub-forum of Parts Unknown, where it will be viewable for posterity, albeit no longer active.

2) For being an entirely scientific examination of female greatness, and not at all pervy (as far as you know), the Ultimate Women's Showdown will be moved to a sub-forum of Retro, like all the other Showdowns.

3) I am by no means against my fellow OO'ers continuing to have favorite women's wrestlers for reasons based on things other then them being the best at wrestling. But maybe let's try to express those feelings in something like the current "Misc. Female Awesomness" Catch-All thread, placed in Parts Unknown.... and let's keep it free of the hacked pics and vids, please!

I have spoken! Changes to be implemented over the next 24 hours.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Big G
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 80
Registered 4-6-2017

Mood: Flatulent

posted on 1-15-2019 at 09:20 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12616
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 1-15-2019 at 10:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good call, Allmighty One!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1071
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 1-20-2019 at 09:07 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
'Tis cool.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10512
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell

posted on 1-20-2019 at 10:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I am requesting temporary mod powers. I want to do a one-time blanket delete of all the pics I posted in the Women's sub-forum. They are sexist and should be eliminated. I am serious here. The male gaze is to be discouraged if you want to be the best a man* can get.

* don't even get me started with all the connotations this word comes loaded with

[Edited on 1-20-2019 by Paddlefoot]

They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. They don't deserve to start again, and I won't allow them.
- David-8

janerd75
The Man

Posts 5916
Registered 1-28-2013
Location 'Murica's Wang

Mood: Donkey Show

posted on 1-20-2019 at 07:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote

Janny 11:19 says I JUST ATE YOUR ASS

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10512
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell

posted on 1-20-2019 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just walking in the other side's shoes, for a more correct world and all that. Lot of things gotta go, y'know. Like looking at females with a male gaze, laughter, all that non-nice stuff. Help us out here, eh, and be the best Janerd a Janerd can get. And pre-police your comments in advance of Monday and Tuesday's shows. It would be the responsible and non-privileged thing to do.

- David-8

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11518
Registered 12-16-2008

posted on 1-20-2019 at 09:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Just walking in the other side's shoes, for a more correct world and all that. Lot of things gotta go, y'know. Like looking at females with a male gaze, laughter, all that non-nice stuff. Help us out here, eh, and be the best Janerd a Janerd can get. And pre-police your comments in advance of Monday and Tuesday's shows. It would be the responsible and non-privileged thing to do.

I don't know if you're in the midst of a mental break or just taking some anger out by playing around on the board, but take a deep breath and relax. As far as this comment goes, looking at females and posting booty pics and bikini shots is all well and good, it just doesn't need an entire subforum anymore. Like has been said, the first page of threads dated back over two years. Most of the threads had less than a dozen replies in them. Downsizing can be good. You can post all the Alexa booty jiggle gifs you want, all the Sasha Banks ring attire wedgie pics you want, all the Io Shirai nude with title belts over the good parts pics you want, just contain them into one thread in Parts Unknown. Nobody will "report" you (in quotes because that's a thing on some boards, but not this one) and nobody will edit or delete your posts. I think the main takeaway from this thread is more that the womens subforum was unnecessary than it is that the womens subforum was inappropriate (besides the linking to leaked photos thing; it's just not smart to host that kind of thing on a privately owned board like OO).

And if your post was all in jest, disregard all of that up there.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10512
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell

posted on 1-20-2019 at 09:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Shot down again. Why does this always happen when I try to do the woke thing?

PS: I am a proud graduate of Covington Catholic High School.

[Edited on 1-20-2019 by Paddlefoot]

- David-8

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8839
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 1-20-2019 at 10:26 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If you're being serious, you can just go edit your old posts and delete the content. Anyone can do that with their old posts - doesn't require mod special powerzzzz

Don't Mess With Texas

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10512
Registered 1-19-2008
Location still in hell

posted on 1-20-2019 at 10:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just trying to do the right thing, the way the TV commercials want me to.

- David-8

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3234
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Can't Even

posted on 1-21-2019 at 11:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Just trying to do the right thing, the way the TV commercials want me to.

And when I (an icOOnic joke-driver-into-the-ground-until-it-ceases-to-be-humorous) suggest you are beating the dead horse, that ought to be a sign.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top