The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:11 PM Edit Post
Golly, what a mess I've created.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12748
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 11-27-2018 at 09:03 PM Edit Post
YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING!!!!!

Glad you're still with us, though, Paddy.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8973
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-27-2018 at 09:33 PM Edit Post
How you said it:

quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie

How Ccharger would have said it:

quote:
Originally posted by Ccharger

EDIT: whoops -

[Edited on 11-27-2018 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-27-2018 at 10:19 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
No, it's not misleading. It's implied.

By signing them to exclusive deals means they can no longer work for people they used to be able to work for.

You used the "bar". I used the word "ban". Does it matter?

Are you really getting your panties in a twist about semantics? Or are you just being an argumentative dick?

You come out guns blazing insulting people, leave out the main part of an actual news item, but fuck me, Iím the dick.

You donít like WWE. We get it. Now piss off.

I wasn't insulting you. If I was insulting you I would have said, "BFG, you are a dick." Instead, I asked if you were being a dick on purpose.

The main part of the article? There was no article. There was a rumor/story about WWE not allowing its UK stars to work for non-WWE affiliated companies. The fact that they were signed to exclusive contracts is kind of redundant, donchya think? If they sign exclusive contracts that means they can't work for anyone else. So half a dozen of one, and six of another, I guess?

Lastly, it's no secret I'm no fan of WWE, but I'm not going to stop pointing out when it does shitty, stupid stuff. Not my problem if those truths upset you. Either way, I'm not pissing off anything except your back porch after I get done raw-dogging your mom.

In italics just for you, willie!

[Edited on 11-27-2018 by CCharger]

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2502
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-27-2018 at 10:49 PM Edit Post
quote:

Lastly, it's no secret I'm no fan of WWE, but I'm not going to stop pointing out when it does shitty, stupid stuff. Not my problem if those truths upset you. Either way, I'm not pissing off anything except your back porch after I get done raw-dogging your mom.

Yes, we cannot handle your intense truth-telling. You are, indeed, the rebellious and daring iconoclast whom we all wish we could be. And you have definitely fucked all of our moms. You've really shown me the error of my ways. Nothing but Defiant Wrestling and old VHS tapes of CZW for me from here on out.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-27-2018 at 11:19 PM Edit Post
quote:
[I]Originally posted by CCharger[/I]

...I'm not pissing off anything except your back porch after I get done raw-dogging your mom....

[Edited on 11/27/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7900
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-27-2018 at 11:32 PM Edit Post
Dave Meltzer has said that WALTER will be finishing up his indie dates in December. However, WALTER is not interested in moving to Florida because heís happy with his life in Germany and wants to continue living there. WALTER may do small tours for NXT (TV and Takeovers) but he will mostly be used by NXT UK, and NXT Germany when/if that launches.

WALTER also reportedly turned down New Japan Pro Wrestling.

While this deal is great for WALTER, it really hurts both the smaller, local indies AND the non-WWE workers trying to make a living off of it.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-27-2018 at 11:50 PM Edit Post
It's also gotta be a slap to Vince because WALTER is now at least the second big indy name, after Jay Lethal, to basically indicate without saying it out loud that he's effectively not interested in the WWE main roster because what they do there is far too often way too damn stupid for words.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2502
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:03 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
It's also gotta be a slap to Vince because WALTER is now at least the second big indy name, after Jay Lethal, to basically indicate without saying it out loud that he's effectively not interested in the WWE main roster because what they do there is far too often way too damn stupid for words.

Jay Lethal's the most overrated guy on the indies. How he's a multi-time ROH champ I have no idea. The guy who got famous doing Black Machismo should probably not be so smug, I would wager.

WALTER seems to mostly want to stay in Europe, for which I can't blame him. I wouldn't want to move to the U.S. right now either.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:15 AM Edit Post
Lethal would still be right though, his own flaws notwithstanding, in that he'd probably end up on 205 Live jobbing out to whatever dumbass r-tarded "next-Enzo" idea Vince has cooked up for the small guys doing the flippy shit. ROH has it's own issues but having one of their champs end up as a joke on WWE just because the two wildly out of touch goofs that run the place think it's funny just reflects badly on the entire business.

Looking forward to a WALTER heel promo though, especially if gives a bad time to the announcers along the lines of "it's pronounced VALTER!, you schwein Englander scheisskopfs!".

[Edited on 11/28/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11685
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:35 AM Edit Post
Here's Pete Dunne's response to CCharger:

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2502
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:36 AM Edit Post
I don't disagree. It's the right move for Lethal to stay in the indies, where he has name recognition and a bit of a legacy. He'd just be another guy in WWE.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4565
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-28-2018 at 01:04 AM Edit Post
Because nobody asked (I'm not complaining... it'd just be nice to be asked every now and then guys...), here's my opinion:

I figure anyone who signed on with the WWE knows what they are doing, rarely are these things done without lawyers anymore and if the Brit-talent figure this is good for them then hey; who am I to complain?

As for British wrestling... meh... you are always going to get a bit of a sucky situation when a big company can come in and buy talent in ways that the smaller guys can't compete with; but in saying that if the story weren't that the WWE were investing in UK wrestling at the moment I can't recall the last time UK wrestling was talked about.

This, in a round about way is probably going to be good for the UK wrestling scene as a lot of smaller promotions will swim in their wake... Those partners the WWE will work with will get a bump because now they are featuring world known WWE talent... the ones that are too small probably enjoy a bit of a bump as they'll be able to book around the occasional WWE show (Like when you get all the indies flocking on Wrestlemania cities) and build a following from there, or be able to take on being the anti-WWE promo by catering to non-WWE fans.

It's a market that a major corporation is interested in; I don't think that's a bad thing for the market.... If it were an exhaustible resource that'd be one thing, but wrestling is pretty evergreen as one generation inspires the next.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-28-2018 at 01:08 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
quote:

Yes, we cannot handle your intense truth-telling. You are, indeed, the rebellious and daring iconoclast whom we all wish we could be. And you have definitely fucked all of our moms. You've really shown me the error of my ways. Nothing but Defiant Wrestling and old VHS tapes of CZW for me from here on out.

Wow. What a humorless person you are. Iím sad for you.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4112
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-28-2018 at 03:00 AM Edit Post
I don't think WWE are trying to be evil or anything, it's a country where wrestling shows are having noteworthy attendance on a weekly basis and it's place where you've done great busines every time you tour there of course they'll try to install a stronger presence there.

But yeah, this does fuck things up. For one thing it'll make it harder for any of the promotions to rise to a national level and beyond with WWE gobbling up stars when they get hot. Also promotions don't magically replenish everytime they get raided, just look at all the promotions and territories WWE(and WCW for a time) raided the shit out of and what happened to them, so small time indys not only have a concrete ceiling on top of them regarding their growth potential but a few of them might flat out die out. Eventually, the UK scene will adapt to WWE's presence and maybe a skilled group with the right backing might manage to work around WWE and be a big deal but in the mean time there will be blood like there always is when a huge company comes in to compete with the little guys.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2502
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

posted on 11-28-2018 at 03:18 AM Edit Post
quote:
Wow. What a humorless person you are. Iím sad for you.

If you think any of what you said was funny, you're the one deserving of pity.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-28-2018 at 03:34 AM Edit Post
I just ate 5 egg whites, 2 yolks, 4 clementines, and a banana.

Itís pronounced EGG VITES, you SVINE!!!!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-28-2018 at 03:47 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
I just ate 5 egg whites, 2 yolks, 4 clementines, and a banana.

Itís pronounced EGG VITES, you SVINE!!!!

Non-English speaking foreigners type "jajajajajajaja" (pronounced "ya-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya") on the internet and social media to indicate laughter when emojis aren't available to use. Isn't that stupid?

[Edited on 11/28/2018 by Paddlefoot]

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8973
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-28-2018 at 05:01 AM Edit Post
quote:
I just ate...2 youlks

I just Cchargeríd and Canadianíd this

EDIT:

[Edited on 11-28-2018 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 810
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-28-2018 at 06:08 AM Edit Post
Whoís WALTER? And why do we SHOUT HIS NAME?
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7443
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-28-2018 at 10:56 AM Edit Post
I honestly think that they make half of these indy wrestlers up just to argue about their decisions they didnít make since theyíre not real people.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 11-28-2018 at 11:42 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39

Heís going to be the first NXT Germany / NXT European Champion

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-28-2018 at 02:40 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39

His finisher involves him bending over and licking his own sweaty asshole whilst commentary proclaims how the vitamin B and Omegaís in his asshole sweat are great for sublingual ingestion.

[Edited on 11-28-2018 by CamstunPWG187]

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11685
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 11-28-2018 at 02:51 PM Edit Post
quote:
and Omegaís in his asshole sweat

Wait, are we talking about WALTER or Kota Ibushi here?

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-28-2018 at 06:29 PM Edit Post
* Kairi Sane tweeted that she is suffering from a serious case of hand-foot-mouth disease which I confused with hoof and mouth disease, which if I am not mistaken, is considered an STD in Canada.

* Just to fire up all those "CM Punk" chants, Mr. Brooks was asked about the supposed new promotion being started by Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks. He said that he "would listen" to an offer, but that "professional wrestling isn't really on my radar right now". It also sounds like Punk is going to be doing some color commentary for some smaller MMA promotions which seems like a good fit for him moving forward.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top