The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-25-2018 at 07:40 AM Edit Post
You guys did see the line right before the highlighted one right... "obviously not a deal breaker for Vince to push a guy".
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 825
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-26-2018 at 03:30 PM Edit Post
Starrcade was last night and an hour of it is on the Network. Standard house show headlined by AJ/Joe in a cage. Non televised matches included Rollins/Ambrose in a cage (not ready for that yet to be televised yet) and Bray Wyatt made a surprise return.

[Edited on 11-26-2018 by CVD39]

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1096
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 11-26-2018 at 04:45 PM Edit Post
Larry Matysik, who was the voice of the St. Louis-area "Wrestling At The Chase" program in the days of promoter Sam Muchnick, passed away over the weekend after a long illness.

Old-school fans in my area practically worshipped that era and its stars (i.e. King Kong/Bruiser Brody). He was still involved with wrestling on the local scene and I was fortunate to have a few good conversations with the man at SICW events. Despite his physical ailments later in life, he always stayed positive and loved meeting and talking with the fans. I truly wish I'd gotten to know him better than I did.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1021
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 11-26-2018 at 05:46 PM Edit Post
Quite surprised to see Wyatt's return happen at an event with all hands on deck.

In a completely different story, I see a few reports that Drake Maverick couldn't get the gimmick to work (as we could see) at Survivor Series so actually pissed himself for real. That kind of dedication will take him far...

Cherokee Jack
The Rowdy One

Posts 2020
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 11-26-2018 at 06:06 PM Edit Post
Not surprising if true. I wrote in the Survivor Series thread that you could see him very conspicuously grabbing around his midsection for something, to the extent that it became obvious what was about to happen several seconds before it actually did.

[Edited on 11-26-2018 by Cherokee Jack]

I'm Cherokee Jack!

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4170
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-26-2018 at 07:36 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
Quite surprised to see Wyatt's return happen at an event with all hands on deck.

Might have been a last minute thing due to Braun's injury. I'm dissapointed Bray looks to be more or less the same but I wouldn't mind if he just slips in into Braun's spot on the card while the big guy is recovering.

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1021
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 11-26-2018 at 07:59 PM Edit Post
Hmm. Could Bray perhaps end up in Lars position after the above revelations?
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-26-2018 at 08:25 PM Edit Post
* Rumor is that Seth Rollins will be positioned to replace Reigns as the RAW brand's top babyface. He is currently penciled in to win the Rumble and face Brock at Mania.

* John Cena's filming will be wrapping up soon and he is being added to more WWE house shows. It is expected that he will wrestle at the Rumble against Daniel Bryan.

* The new promotion rumored to be started up by the Elite has approached two current WWE stars whose deals are up in 2019 and they have "provisionally accepted" deals with the new company. Those two are rumored to be AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-26-2018 at 08:46 PM Edit Post
Speaking of Lars, another of his previous comments has come to light and....whoa.

quote:
Not a troll thread, just a thought. And the thought is that there’s a grey area when it comes to sexual intercourse and rape. There’s 100% complete consensual sex when a woman will rip off her clothes and jump on you, then there’s levels that don’t quite reach 100% consent.

Most women like men to take control, at what point is it too much control? I’m not insinuating that the politician who spewed the nonsense about women controlling when they get pregnant by switching it off in their brain is right, he’s a complete moron. But the fact is there is a grey area when it comes to the definition of rape.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-26-2018 at 09:35 PM Edit Post
"What's Sully Larson doing in the Impact Zone?!"

[Edited on 11-26-2018 by CCharger]

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-26-2018 at 10:40 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72

Might have been a last minute thing due to Braun's injury. I'm dissapointed Bray looks to be more or less the same but I wouldn't mind if he just slips in into Braun's spot on the card while the big guy is recovering.

I wouldn't just mind, I would be ecstatic. I could use a break from Braun, especially versus Brock. Let Bray kill Baron Corbin and then fight Brock at the Rumble.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-26-2018 at 11:27 PM Edit Post
* except for Sasha & Bayley (so far) six of the eight other Horsewomen (and Tessa Blanchard too) are now involved in the Twitter beef Becky Lynch initiated against Ronda Rousey:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/11/26/18113280/becky-lynch-ronda-rousey-twitter-battle-joined-charlotte-flair-shayna-baszler-nxt-mma-horsewomen

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4742
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 11-27-2018 at 02:06 AM Edit Post
What evidence is there that Lars Sullivan made the comments on that message board? I'm reading these claims that he's made a bunch of stupid comments, and I've clicked on the links and read the comments belonging to the same message board commenter, but I haven't yet seen evidence linking the two together.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-27-2018 at 02:12 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slade
What evidence is there that Lars Sullivan made the comments on that message board? I'm reading these claims that he's made a bunch of stupid comments, and I've clicked on the links and read the comments belonging to the same message board commenter, but I haven't yet seen evidence linking the two together.

The Disenfranchised one has his photos on it, the elperfecto one was stating about his deal with WWE developmental, and that forum has also made mention of the fact that its him.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-27-2018 at 05:17 AM Edit Post
Interested to see what our friends across The Pomd think of this...

* WWE has banned their UK guys from working non WWE/PROGRESS/ICW/WXW indy shows next year.
Nor can WWE contracted UK guys be booked against other contracted wrestlers for the remainder of their indy dates on indy shows. I'm sure the resident WWE apologists will think this is fine, but I think it really hurts both the smaller, local indies AND the non-WWE workers trying to make a living off of it.

-- The Rick

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-27-2018 at 07:42 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Interested to see what our friends across The Pomd think of this...

* WWE has banned their UK guys from working non WWE/PROGRESS/ICW/WXW indy shows next year.
Nor can WWE contracted UK guys be booked against other contracted wrestlers for the remainder of their indy dates on indy shows. I'm sure the resident WWE apologists will think this is fine, but I think it really hurts both the smaller, local indies AND the non-WWE workers trying to make a living off of it.

Hi there...WWE apologist Brad here. Aka big fat goalie. Aka BFG. Aka Douce. Aka Douchebag.

With all due, and thus little, respect....your post is fucking misleading as all fuck.

The WWE reportedly gave several NXT Uk stars new, exclusive contracts. With these new contracts, comes new rules for a) the remainder of the year and b) next year. The big new rule is that NXT UK talent will be barred from wrestling anyone contracted to ROH, Impact, NJPW, WOS or other major promotions

This is good for WWE, the dudes and dudettes making more money, and the promotions that are WWE approved. This is bad for folks who want to compete with WWE.

For small indy promotions...yup, this sucks. Less name guys to go after. Although with guys getting money from WWE, I’d imagine a lot of promotions were priced out from being able to hire certain guys. Although it could mean guys who’d previously work Progress for example, signed to say Impact, may be easier to get.

For non-WWE wrestlers...if you are signed to NJPW, ROH, or Impact...why are you shocked that you can’t wrestle WWE guys? Also, I think WWE guys competing for the same spots on Indy shows would hurt you. All of a sudden you are a much bigger fish to those guys.

If you are not signed to anybody....you could still get bookings with PROGRESS, ICW and wXw against WWE talent. And might be more likely to now that the ROH etc guys can’t get those matches.

Also of note...not every WWE UK guy signed a new deal. And thus are not held to, nor subject to any sort of ban. The reason for this was due to poor attendance for WWE UK tv takings. And guys showing up hurt from working smaller shows.

So basically WWE is increasing their commitment to the UK market, their UK talent, and their UK partners. Fuck the WWE for wanting something pretty reasonable in return right?

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4742
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 11-27-2018 at 10:18 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85
The Disenfranchised one has his photos on it, the elperfecto one was stating about his deal with WWE developmental, and that forum has also made mention of the fact that its him.

Thank you for that.

I read elperfecto's comments but hadn't seen a post where elperfecto stated he had a WWE developmental deal. I still don't think that is proof enough it was him. He could still deny it. I've seen one photo posted as Disenfranchised and I'm not convinced its him. There's enough of a resemblance for me to believe that it might be.

Regardless, I read that WWE ran a promo video for him last night, so he hasn't been fired yet. He's apparently a hot "free agent." But he's not a real free agent.

If all that shit sticks to him and management believes they have enough proof to think all of it was him, then I can't see why they'd want him around for much longer.

[Edited on 11-27-2018 by Slade]

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7460
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-27-2018 at 11:39 AM Edit Post
The Lars Sullivan stuff is only a big deal if it becomes news...ACTUAL news (if the terms “wrestling”, “pro”, “pro wrestling”, “newz”, or “sports entertainment” are in any way, shape, or form in the name of the story’s publisher, it’s not real news). Like if this becomes an article on Bleacher Report that pops up somewhere near the bottom of the real sports news feed, that’s it for Lars. Until then, Vince and company will care about this as much as they care about the stories about rumored backstage heat and potential reasons someone was not on TV for a week.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-27-2018 at 01:48 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Brad here

Hello, Mr. Maddox

quote:
your post is fucking misleading as all fuck.

Really? Seems basically identical to yours...let's see...

quote:
WWE has banned their UK guys from working non WWE/PROGRESS/ICW/WXW indy shows next year.

quote:
NXT UK talent will be barred from wrestling anyone contracted to ROH, Impact, NJPW, WOS or other major promotions

Hmmm...

quote:
I'm sure the resident WWE apologists will think this is fine,

quote:
WWE apologist Brad here...This is good for WWE

OK...go on...

quote:
I think it really hurts both the smaller, local indies

quote:
For small indy promotions...yup, this sucks

Yes...OK...now where exactly is my post misleading and/or markedly different from yours?

quote:
So basically WWE is increasing their commitment to the UK market, their UK talent, and their UK partners. Fuck the WWE for wanting something pretty reasonable in return right?

No, fuck the WWE for being an immense fish in an very small pond and feeling the need to devour all the little fish for...what exactly? I mean there's lots of indie promotions/opportunities for US guys, but the Brits? I can't imagine there are a lot of great opportunities to wrestle outside of Progress, ICW, and WXW. It similar to if WWE were partners with Impact, ROH, and MLW. So now American guys contracted to NXT can't work for any companies outside of WWE, NXT, Impact, ROH, and MLW? I guess from a purely animalistic capitalistic POV that's fine for WWE, but from an industry POV with men and women eager for opportunities and well paying gigs, that's pretty shitty IMO.

-- The Rick

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-27-2018 at 03:58 PM Edit Post
I was surprised that they ever allowed it in the first place. WWE isn't exactly known for its love of competition, even small fish. They'd rather eat them. Like, I get that it sucks, especially for fans of Indy promotions in the UK, but it's not shocking or unexpected or even unethical.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 11-27-2018 at 05:52 PM Edit Post
Because CCharger is a jackoff I’ll simplify:

WWE signed NXT UK talent to new exclusive deals.

Failing to mention that TWICE is fucking misleading. But being anti WWE makes CCharger...special.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-27-2018 at 05:58 PM Edit Post
No, it's not misleading. It's implied.

By signing them to exclusive deals means they can no longer work for people they used to be able to work for.

You used the "bar". I used the word "ban". Does it matter?

Are you really getting your panties in a twist about semantics? Or are you just being an argumentative dick?

-- The Rick

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 11-27-2018 at 06:46 PM Edit Post
quote:
No, it's not misleading. It's implied.

By signing them to exclusive deals means they can no longer work for people they used to be able to work for.

You used the "bar". I used the word "ban". Does it matter?

Are you really getting your panties in a twist about semantics? Or are you just being an argumentative dick?

You come out guns blazing insulting people, leave out the main part of an actual news item, but fuck me, I’m the dick.

You don’t like WWE. We get it. Now piss off.

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11763
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:03 PM Edit Post
Rumor: WWE just signed Progress World Champ WALTER to NXT UK.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9034
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-27-2018 at 08:07 PM Edit Post
quote:
quote:
Brad here

Hello, Mr. Maddox

quote:
your post is fucking misleading as all fuck.

Really? Seems basically identical to yours...let's see...

quote:
WWE has banned their UK guys from working non WWE/PROGRESS/ICW/WXW indy shows next year.

quote:
NXT UK talent will be barred from wrestling anyone contracted to ROH, Impact, NJPW, WOS or other major promotions

Hmmm...

quote:
I'm sure the resident WWE apologists will think this is fine,

quote:
WWE apologist Brad here...This is good for WWE

OK...go on...

quote:
I think it really hurts both the smaller, local indies

quote:
For small indy promotions...yup, this sucks

Yes...OK...now where exactly is my post misleading and/or markedly different from yours?

quote:

No, fuck the WWE for being an immense fish in an very small pond and feeling the need to devour all the little fish for...what exactly? I mean there's lots of indie promotions/opportunities for US guys, but the Brits? I can't imagine there are a lot of great opportunities to wrestle outside of Progress, ICW, and WXW. It similar to if WWE were partners with Impact, ROH, and MLW. So now American guys contracted to NXT can't work for any companies outside of WWE, NXT, Impact, ROH, and MLW? I guess from a purely animalistic capitalistic POV that's fine for WWE, but from an industry POV with men and women eager for opportunities and well paying gigs, that's pretty shitty IMO.

YOUR ENTIRE POST IS IN ITALICS YOU DID THE BB CODE WRONG LOOK AT THAT FOR EVERYONE TO SEE ITALICS EVERYWHERE EVEN WHERE THEY SHOULDN'T BE WHAT A HORRIBLE POST FOR FORMATTING

EDIT:

^^^
That's so you don't go Paddlefoot on us on account of my post

EDIT2:

^^^
That's for Paddlefoot so he doesn't re-Paddlefoot on us

[Edited on 11-27-2018 by williamssl]

Don't Mess With Texas

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top