The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-20-2018 at 07:34 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

Fuck, if they need a big gal that knows how to do the goddamn job right without killing anyone just hire Kong back.

VIPER!

I know shes possibly not so well known outside the UK other than the brief spots in the MYC but Piper Niven is a big girl who really can go.

I second that one

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6330
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 11-20-2018 at 11:33 PM Edit Post
Rumor is this pretty fuckin' sweet!

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3273
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-20-2018 at 11:44 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Accipiter
It's being reported that Braun is going to have surgery for bone spurs, which is one of the most serious injuries one can have.

Does this make him ineligible for the Superstar Shakeup?

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-21-2018 at 01:55 AM Edit Post
Jake looks great for being dead.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3273
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-21-2018 at 03:06 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Jake looks great for being dead.

That’s a grade A callback right there.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10956
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-21-2018 at 11:00 PM Edit Post
I deleted a ton of stuff off my Picture and from my Imgur account. I've been told it's affected some avatars that some OOster's linked to at that account. Here is the basic avatar pic for your use. Please save it to your own accounts at Imgur/Giphy/Pinterest/whatever:

Use this site to do your own captioning and such. It's easy as heck:

https://ezgif.com/

Listened to this on the weekend when I was high as fuck. I've found out despite my age (51) and increasing afflictions that I enjoy techno when I'm stoned far more than I do basic rock 'n' roll. Odd, because I'm way too much of a nerd to have ever been acceptable to the techno crowd. Not that the rock crowd ever liked me very much either, but whatever. Great soundtrack from the GREATEST FRIKKIN' MOVIE OF ALL TIME!

Wanted to sex up the Lena Headey since Terminator TSCC but it's her drugged-out sociopathic Ma-Ma from Dredd that gives me the most awkward boner.

That movie never got the series of sequels it deserved is a fucking crime. Mega-City One represent!

Anyway, here's some Iggy/Queens too, reprising the main theme from the SECOND GREATEST FRIKKIN' MOVIE OF ALL TIME!:

Gonna disappear from OO for a while. A few days, a couple of weeks, maybe/probably longer. Kind of tired of everything to do with wrestling at the moment. Reigns' illness kind of fucked me up emotionally for some reason. And I'm just generally exhausted with of WWE's hypocrisy, nepotism, favouritism, and general lack of any ethical code. Can't endlessly subject myself to that kind of corrosion without some kind of mental toxins building up far past any safe exposure limits.

Kind of tired too of the overall wrestling fandom as well, truth be told. That's not aimed personally at anyone here, for the most part. Just fatigued with all of this IWC nonsense in general. Also kind of annoyed with being given shit when I know exactly what my eyes are seeing when I see it. Haven't done enough drugs or alcohol in my lifetime that the sky has changed colour on me so I don't need anyone telling me I'm fucked in the head or that I'm some kind of asshole just because I say I know what I saw. But, once again, whatever. Different strokes for different blokes, apparently

See you eventually. Mabey. Take care anyway(most of you).

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-22-2018 at 02:44 AM Edit Post
Bye Senor Paddles.

And Dredd indeed WAS a pretty goddamn awesome movie. It got me hooked on Ol' Chinface. (Yes, I'm very late to that particular party.)

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 824
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-22-2018 at 07:37 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Spot

Nia’s fist got another victim, I see. Via con diablo, Paddle.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6330
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-22-2018 at 09:37 AM Edit Post
Rumour has it that I have a sad.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10956
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-22-2018 at 09:33 PM Edit Post
The pain is self chosen.
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-23-2018 at 01:52 AM Edit Post
That's masochism, right? Does that make Janerd a sadist? Or just the saddest?

(oh man, see what I did there? sOO icOOnic.)

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6330
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-23-2018 at 04:41 AM Edit Post
In non-sad news, rumour has it that....

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4566
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2018 at 12:31 PM Edit Post
So in a probably small, but significant symbol that his time atop the WWE is over John Cena went out and got himself a big 'ol tattoo on his right forearm... looks like some kinda eagle type thing. While it's not a huge deal, and obviously not a deal breaker for Vince to push a guy, Vince is generally said to be pretty down on tattoos... So maybe that's why Cena held out for so long on getting one but now feels free to do so?

That or he's 41, recently broken up, and living in China... Other's have said "screw it, I'm getting a tattoo" for less reasons.

Unrelated...

If you're reading this I hope you stick around Pad'... you seem like a good dude. I think you double down hard on stuff from time to time, and that's probably what pitted you against some of us over the Jax thing (calling her a C-word variation is apt to take something from a rationale debate to tipping point) but I think that's more a quirk than "oh god, there goes THAT guy again..."... We all have quirks that probably irk others from time to time but by and large I think we've got a pretty great bOOard here where even when there's disagreement most of the time there's at least respect. You kick in in a number of forums around here and it's appreciated.

If you need a break by all means, but here's hoping you come back.... if for no other reason than if we don't keep our Canadian numbers up I won't be able to justify spelling things the right way by slipping an extra "U" into various thread titles from time to time.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 824
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2018 at 01:00 PM Edit Post
Why is Cena living in China? Movie role? If he wouldn’t do the Saudi show because of ethical reasons, shouldn’t he know that China doesn’t have a very good human rights track record?
niles81
Showstopper

Posts 823
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2018 at 01:21 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
Why is Cena living in China? Movie role? If he wouldn’t do the Saudi show because of ethical reasons, shouldn’t he know that China doesn’t have a very good human rights track record?

I suppose that would depend: is the movie in question being entirely paid for by the Communist Party of China or does it just happen to be getting shot there?

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2523
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-23-2018 at 01:53 PM Edit Post
Pad, I back up everything Flash just said
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4566
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-23-2018 at 04:45 PM Edit Post
Re: Cena... It's for a movie with Jackie Chan... It's funny as it's described as a short movie but he said he'd be moving to China for 5 months; that's a pretty lengthy shoot.
denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3094
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 11-23-2018 at 06:33 PM Edit Post
Microplayed. You’re one of the good ones Pad, and I hope you come back.
GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2512
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-23-2018 at 09:49 PM Edit Post
Yeah, I've butted heads with Pad plenty, including on the Nia issue, but he's definitely one of the voices that keeps this place running and we agree just about as much as we disagree. I also stand by my motto of "this shit ain't worth getting worked up about". If it's causing you stress or you're unhappy, just take a break, even if it's only from talking to us shitheads.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-23-2018 at 11:46 PM Edit Post
Lars Sullivan may be in a bit of trouble after some of his past comments on the bodybuilding.com forums have surfaced. Yeah...this is not a good look.

https://twitter.com/JesseJayeKaye/status/1065966159910981632

And also this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DstX2cCVYAA6Un0.jpg

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4566
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2018 at 03:54 AM Edit Post
I'm inclined to give the WWE a pass for missing this, although a bit surprised they don't vet talent better, but I'm thinking bye by Lars?

I mean the racists and misogynist stuff is fine... but disrespecting KFC won't stand with Vince.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1696
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-24-2018 at 02:16 PM Edit Post
Well, I, for one, am very much looking forward to Lars Sullivan's new career as a pearl-clutching "BUT MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH" columnist on the alt-right equivalent of ESPN, alongside Curt Schilling and ... who's another athlete who got exposed as a minority/woman/gay/transgender/Muslim hating POS recently? I don't follow sports very closely.
dxlevy72
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 77
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-25-2018 at 01:00 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
So in a probably small, but significant symbol that his time atop the WWE is over John Cena went out and got himself a big 'ol tattoo on his right forearm... looks like some kinda eagle type thing. While it's not a huge deal, and obviously not a deal breaker for Vince to push a guy, Vince is generally said to be pretty down on tattoos... So maybe that's why Cena held out for so long on getting one but now feels free to do so?

Definitely not a deal breaker: Undertaker, Bork, Roman,...

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10956
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-25-2018 at 06:17 AM Edit Post
* a relatively healthy Roman Reigns made an appearance at today's Georgia Tech football game:

God bless, big dawg.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7756
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-25-2018 at 06:23 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by dxlevy72
quote:
Originally posted by Flash

Definitely not a deal breaker: Undertaker, Bork, Roman,...

Yeah, just to throw some other names out there: Batista, Orton, Punk, AJ, Mysterio, Strowman, Bray, Jeff Hardy, the Usos...while I could definitely see Vince as the type to frown upon tattoos, it certainly doesn't seem to have any baring on who gets pushed in the WWE.

And something random that I thought of while typing up this post: it's kind of interesting that Ruby Riott is the only female in WWE that's heavily tattooed. I know Charlotte and Sonya Deville have some minor ink, but other than that I'm hard-pressed to think of a female wrestler in WWE who has a tattoo, outside of Lita. So I dunno, maybe there's more pressure on the ladies to remain tattoo-free?

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top