The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10974
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:27 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by TownOfDalem
Owen injures Austin and Owen remains an all time great.

That botch was a terrible one, that shortened Stone Cold's career, but it was also wildly out of character for a noted safe performer like Owen. Nothing else like it happened at all for the rest of Owen's career.

quote:
Seth injures Sting, Cena, and Balor and Seth the best current worker alive.

As noted elsewhere Seth got temporarily downgraded and had to take a big embarrassing loss to Kane. More importantly he also had his moveset altered and was forced to dial down the intensity to make him safer to play with.

quote:
Kennedy injures Orton and it was terrible that he was eventually released.

If Ken had been injuring others, as F9 noted, and had a bad enough attitude that even Cena said they had to gas him then being released was fair.

quote:
Brie hurts Liv and should be fired.

Brie was rusty as fuck and shouldn't have been put in that position to begin with. In fairness to her Liv was also in motion from the initial kicks and kinda-sorta fell into Brie's foot when the kick that ended up hurting her was already in motion and impossible to stop. The consensus was that for the botch Brie should no longer wrestle, not be fired altogether.

quote:
Nia hurts Becky and deserves to be fired.

Nia hurts multiple performers in the space of a couple of years. She comes back noticeably heavier and fatter after each break she takes. Her overall ring conditioning is a joke. And, most of all she shows no sign of improvement at all, not even after feuding with much, much better athletes like Flair & Banks. Even worse, by not doing anything at all to either punish her or to help her get more competent with extra training or putting her on some kind of a diet, WWE shows no sign of even caring at all at how unsafe and reckless she is.

Fuck, if they need a big gal that knows how to do the goddamn job right without killing anyone just hire Kong back.

[Edited on 11/19/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:30 PM Edit Post
DK,

I love ya, but you and I both know that if Vince McMahon shot man in broad daylight on Madison Avenue, you'd compliment him on his aim and tell everyone to give it time to see how the case plays out.

Bottom line, you aren't the most unbiased voice of reason here...

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3284
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:49 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
DK,

I love ya, but you and I both know that if Vince McMahon shot man in broad daylight on Madison Avenue, you'd compliment him on his aim and tell everyone to give it time to see how the case plays out.

Iím just realistic about what the guy does. He hunts for money. He has made tons of mistakes but, conversely, has made more smart moves than everyone in the last 50 years of professional wrestling combined.

Call me biased all you want, but just because I donít take the standard internet stance on everything doesnít mean I havenít been proven right many times.

But that said, I donít know what there is to be proven right about here. I donít think a wrestler should be fired for making a mistake in a wrestling match. For getting arrested, sure. Failing drug tests, sure. Being a general jackass, sure. Misplacing a punch? Yeah, no. Besides we donít know that she wasnít punished in some way.

As for Vince shooting someone ... I would say he should be arrested, but I would say that I understood his reasoning behind it. Cause the reason is always money.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

Planet Starbucks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 117
Registered 1-28-2013
Location England

Mood: Medicated

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:58 PM Edit Post
quote:

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that when when it comes to anything Becky on here, reason left the building quite a while ago.

Just to clarify, suggesting that Becky may not actually be post-op SCSA = big no no. Suggesting that Nia's punch was anything other than an intentional potato = . Wishing the very same performer to suffer a career ending injury = fine and dandy brother!

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
If you want a vision of the WWE's future, imagine an overpushed Samoan stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell, 2016 (sequel to 1984)

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-19-2018 at 10:01 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

Hahaha. All love from me man. Definitely not trying to troll you. And hell, Beckie has been my personal favorite for a long time.
If true, you should be able to spell "BECKY" by now, fam?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6344
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 11-19-2018 at 10:06 PM Edit Post
I'm helping!

#GolgothaNia

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3284
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-19-2018 at 10:12 PM Edit Post
Just to be clear ... itís not that Iím a Vince McMahon mark, rather I will admit that he probably had a significant hand in shaping what I like about pro wrestling.

I like Big Show matches. This is a real thing. I thought that the 205 match last night was the best time for the bathroom break. Just the way Iím wired.

I donít believe that more than say 10% of WWEs audience cares about only WWE just the same as I donít believe for a second that more than 10% of MMA fans are totally against WWE. I think a lot more people watch both and way more people than that watch both and football, basketball, baseball, soccer etc.

I think that everything worth following in life has people who think that the past was way better and that they current people in charge of their chosen interest donít know what they are doing. That applies to everyone Iíve already mentioned and things like Game of Thrones or Marvel movies or The Walking Dead or Phish or politics or fucking everything.

I think one of the most overlooked great ideas over the last 5 to 10 years was the formation of a WWE regular season that mirrored real sports. Everything until SummerSlam is pre season. Survivor Series is the All-Star game. The Rumble starts the playoffs and Wrestlemania is the Super Bowl. I only bring this up because this is something I would have done much like The Process for my 76ers. If my chosen interest has management that in the macro does what I would have done, why would I not support it? NXT and itís worldwide branches are another.

So yeah, stuff like that is why I come off as a Vince apologist. Because he and his company have made a lot of logical macro moves that I would have done had I been in their shoes.

So if you want to get on them about having a guy piss his pants, absolutely. Shit all over that.

But Iím not in the business of saying who should or should not be punished. I will leave that to the ridiculous amount of HR reps in their organization. Hence why Iím not jumping on the fire Nia bandwagon. Cause I wouldnít have myself.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3284
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-19-2018 at 10:13 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

Hahaha. All love from me man. Definitely not trying to troll you. And hell, Beckie has been my personal favorite for a long time.
If true, you should be able to spell "BECKY" by now, fam?

Fair.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-19-2018 at 10:23 PM Edit Post
The one thing I can say about janerd: he may be a pederast but at least he slows down through school zones.

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6344
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-19-2018 at 10:46 PM Edit Post
quote:
The one thing I can say about janerd: he may be a pederast but at least he slows down through school zones.

Well, you can't catch 'em all if you mow 'em down first. Heyyyyyy, wait a second...

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4171
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-19-2018 at 11:59 PM Edit Post
In other news, AJ Styles is renegotiating with WWE and is pushing for lesser dates.

This might affect his status as the top guy of SD which would suck but hey this migth finally open up the chance for Finn Balor to jump brands and finally rise out of midcard purgatory.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-20-2018 at 12:14 AM Edit Post
What interests me is that there seems to be this idea that Nia's punishment should be somehow public and done to our satisfaction. Nia could get serious heat from her colleagues and management, potentially get fined, forced to due extensive training sessions to help improve her control and prevent future incident.

None of that has anything to do with whether or not she wins the pretendy fights on Mondays and Sundays.

Nobody knows if Nia's been punished or not, we only know that they haven't decided to incorporate any punishment INTO storyline. Instead, they've capitalized on it and tried to use it to make more money and build heat for both competitors. OH THE HORROR.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10974
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-20-2018 at 03:54 AM Edit Post
At my next job I'm going to go bust one of the other workers in the back of the knee with a prybar as hard as I can. After that I expect, at a minimum, to get a raise and a much better parking spot.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6344
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-20-2018 at 04:00 AM Edit Post
I have some Grade-A Florida flakka I would like to donate to this project.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-20-2018 at 04:27 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
At my next job I'm going to go bust one of the other workers in the back of the knee with a prybar as hard as I can. After that I expect, at a minimum, to get a raise and a much better parking spot.

Yes, because that's the exact same thing.

If Nia had actually assaulted Becky backstage, off-camera, nothing to do with a match or a segment, then yeah, it would be somewhat equivalent. What Nia did to Becky is more akin to a workplace accident. If you think Nia had some sort of diabolical plan to intentionally injure Becky, you've got full berto on us, man. She threw a punch, aimed wrong, threw it too hard, whatever, and she got Becky full in the face. She probably threw forty or fifty other punches that night that went fine. It fucking sucks. I wanted Becky to have that match, too. But this childish stamping of feet because Nia hasn't been publicly humiliated to your particular satisfaction is bizarre. You don't know she hasn't been punished, you know she just hasn't been PUBLICLY punished during her brief segment of TV time. Whoopty shit.

Fuck, I don't even particularly like Nia or want to see her pushed. She's one of my least favorite RAW women (Tamina would be the least, so imagine how I love their pairing). I like Alicia Fox better than her. But how can you be a longtime fan of the wrestling business and not realize that the more negatively you react to Nia, the more you boo her, the more you publicly roast her, the more WWE sees $$$? Like, that's the way this business has always worked. Fuck, Sami Callahan on Impact last year CRUSHED A GUY'S HEAD WITH A BASEBALL BAT and there was barely a ripple (admittedly, a part of that is probably just because it's Impact).

I know it's a hot angle, I know it's got you all riled up and jacked and ready to fight for Becky, but you are deep in your feels right now. That feeling is called being worked. Nothing wrong with being worked. Hell, those feelings are what you WANT out of wrestling, that engagement and catharsis.

But don't let it make you act like a dick.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10974
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-20-2018 at 04:44 AM Edit Post
1) in the age of intarwebz it's impossible for them to keep it quiet if Toilet was facing any consequences for her fuck-up; the way she's strutting around with that goddamn sneer on her face says that she's not

2) I didn't use the word "deliberate" in the sense that Toilet went into business for herself last week the way Cass did with the midget stunt that became part of a series of incidents and attitude problems that got him fired. I meant it in the sense that Jax got mad when Becky hit her in the back of the head, turned around in a rage, and shot out with a deliberate punch meant to injure even though she didn't know it was Lynch. She meant to pop whoever it was that hit her and make them pay for it. It could have been Lana, Asuka, Mandy, or any of the other SD women who went too stiff on her and the result would have been the same - someone with a concussion and a broken nose all because Cuntzilla is a combination of incompetent + a reactive bad temper. This "accident" stuff where she was merely "off by a couple of inches" is bullshit. I might not be the world's most avid boxing or MMA fan by I still know the difference between a worked professional wrestling punch and a legit one meant to cause damage and that goddamn punch last week was IMO definitely the latter.

I won't go on about this anymore because, yeah, I don't want to go full-Berto. I don't do conspiracies about burials that aren't happening. I still know what I saw though and am certain that I'm correct about this. Whatever. If all this is leading to a Four Horsewomen alliance and comprehensive cross-brand rampage by Wrestlemania then terrific. I'll be happy. Knowing WWE though it could just as easily turn into Toilet going over everyone else for the next six months because money and all of Becky's hard work being tossed aside like it never happened at all. Or whatever else WWE is thinking with that goddamn fucking rotten "best for business" cop out they resort to all the fucking time. Don't anyone be surprised if the worst ends up happening, so enjoy The Becky Lynch Show while you can.

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
I have some Grade-A Florida flakka I would like to donate to this project.

Forget it, Janny. It's NiaToilet-Town.

[Edited on 11/20/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-20-2018 at 09:47 AM Edit Post
I don't get the Nia hate... I mean you gotta figure in the years she's been in wrestling; between TV, PPV, and house shows she's probably thrown a thousand fake punches and one lands (yeah it looks terrible) and there's calls for her job?

Becky's okay, probably more talked about than ever because of this and is getting a lot of mileage out of it... Her actual bosses haven't fired her... you know the people who probably sat down and talked to everyone involved after it happened.

Wrestling is supposed to look real; meaning you get as close as you can and hopefully don't connect. You've also got talents in the ring with one another that are doing this somewhat on the fly (they likely get a broad strokes script that day for what they'll do) and are constantly working with different people with different skillsets and styles who they may have never worked with before... Honestly the fact that these "ouchies" don't happen more often is probably a testament to their talent and training.

I get that Nia isn't the most popular girl there, but given that none of us really have a vested interest in what happened, don't have the full story, and for the most part Becky seems to be okay the level of hate just seems off.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-20-2018 at 01:40 PM Edit Post
* WWE officials (ie. StepHHH and Vince) have informed talent (including announcers) that they are no longer concerned about boos or cheers and who receives them. There focus is on Network subs, tickets sold, and loud reactions of any kind. The implication is that the heel/babyface dynamic as we know it no longer exists in WWE. There are no good guys or bad guys. Just...guys.

-- The Rick

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1023
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 11-20-2018 at 01:45 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

Fuck, if they need a big gal that knows how to do the goddamn job right without killing anyone just hire Kong back.

VIPER!

I know shes possibly not so well known outside the UK other than the brief spots in the MYC but Piper Niven is a big girl who really can go.

On the rumorz subject however - in case you didn;t notice, Rajah.com seemed to have an insider with access to Survivor Series production notes. Too spoilery for my liking bu they seemed legit reading back.

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2810
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 11-20-2018 at 02:06 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
I know shes possibly not so well known outside the UK other than the brief spots in the MYC but Piper Niven is a big girl who really can go.

I'll take any opportunity to say yes to more Piper Niven. She was awesome in last year's Mae Young and the fact that she isn't at least on NXT UK is a crime.

Also, I didn't realize my man Paddle had decided Nia was intentionally trying to punch someone. Awesome!

OO's only mammal penguin

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-20-2018 at 02:48 PM Edit Post
quote:
a big girl who really can go.

Guys say the same thing about Paddlefoot's sister.

-- The Rick

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3284
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-20-2018 at 03:14 PM Edit Post
quote:
* WWE officials (ie. StepHHH and Vince) have informed talent (including announcers) that they are no longer concerned about boos or cheers and who receives them. There focus is on Network subs, tickets sold, and loud reactions of any kind. The implication is that the heel/babyface dynamic as we know it no longer exists in WWE. There are no good guys or bad guys. Just...guys.

Good.

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1700
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-20-2018 at 03:43 PM Edit Post
quote:
Also, I didn't realize my man Paddle had decided Nia was intentionally trying to punch someone. Awesome!

Yeah, it's easy to believe Nia Jax miscalculated that punch; she has a documented history of miscalculating moves. Believing she did it on purpose, even as a knee-jerk reaction, wouldn't just be out of character for her, it would be out of character for basically the entire roster. I mean, aside from Brock Lesnar's waffling Braun Strowman at the Royal Rumble, when was the last time someone deliberately (and without approval, so we're not counting Lesnar bashing Randy Orton's head in at Summerslam 2016) jacked someone else in the face on WWE TV? I think we're definitely in a Hanlon's razor situation here.

Accipiter
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 77
Registered 2-24-2006
Location Richmond, VA

Mood:

posted on 11-20-2018 at 05:49 PM Edit Post
It's being reported that Braun is going to have surgery for bone spurs, which is one of the most serious injuries one can have.
First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4171
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-20-2018 at 05:52 PM Edit Post
His staus is shakey for TLC but apaprently management is confident he'll be at the Rumble.

With the B PPVs not really mattering, he should just sit it out and the ppv can be carried by SD's World Title match and Seth vs Dean.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top