The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4431
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-18-2018 at 07:33 AM Edit Post
With the caveat that berty-talk will get banished to the land of wind and ghosts if it goes past a certain threshold, we can and should still talk about Becky Lynch around here....

I'ma gonna go "Team Kinda Stone Cold" with her. Austin was never supposed to to win KotR, he was never supposed to get over huge as a babyface, either. He did both, seemingly overnight.

Becky kinda did the same stuff in the late summer and early autumn of 2018. She wasn't supposed to win the SD Women's Title, and she wasn't supposed to become an even bigger babyface as a result. She did both, seemingly overnight.

I didn't want to take a side in this, but it's official: Becky Lynch is hereby entitled to steal t-shirts and catchphrases from Steve Austin, as far as I'm concerned. And if you disagree, I got one word for ya: WHAT?!?!?

Did everybody see the little 10 minute "day of" behind the scenes video WWE released of Tuesday? There were at least 3 different shots of Paul Heyman skulking in the background, and one was after giving Becky some advice..... now, a video shot and released withing 72 hours of Becky's injury probably didn't get a full check-out from the creative team, but at the same time.... man alive, we've all been waiting for the first Paul Heyman Girl, and assumed it would be Rousey; what if it wasn't?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Planet Starbucks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 117
Registered 1-28-2013
Location England

Mood: Medicated

posted on 11-18-2018 at 10:31 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

Agree to disagree on this one apparently. I'm not changing my viewpoint on any of this though.

Nor would I expect you to. Besides, it's not like you've said anything that would indicate that you're irrational about the subject at all.

quote:

I'm actually at the point where I'm hoping that Nia gets punished by being put in a 20-second squash where Rousey breaks her fucking arm for real, or that if she's released she ends up in a shit promotion somewhere and runs into a nut like Sexy Star who ends her career on her.

Oh.

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
If you want a vision of the WWE's future, imagine an overpushed Samoan stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell, 2016 (sequel to 1984)

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 11-18-2018 at 01:17 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by OORick

Did everybody see the little 10 minute "day of" behind the scenes video WWE released of Tuesday? There were at least 3 different shots of Paul Heyman skulking in the background, and one was after giving Becky some advice..... now, a video shot and released withing 72 hours of Becky's injury probably didn't get a full check-out from the creative team, but at the same time.... man alive, we've all been waiting for the first Paul Heyman Girl, and assumed it would be Rousey; what if it wasn't?

He retweeted that gritty-realistic-stylish video package too.
WWE looks to be putting in some social media efforts now on the push.
Great because she can actually transition to the highest tier of stardom.

Hoping for terrific feuds with Asuka, Io Shirai, Dakota Kai and Toni Storm down the line. Come on WWE. Make this happen.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: ranting in Japanese

posted on 11-18-2018 at 08:36 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Planet Starbucks

Ehh, sorry for bugging you by liking someone on the teevee too much. Didn't mean to bug you.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-19-2018 at 03:18 AM Edit Post
If Becky Lynch brings back the "WHAT?" I will flip out like Cousin Mark. I seriously loved the hell out of the whattening.

Pickin fights with randos! WHAT? strangers! WHAT? freaks and geeks! WHAT? Wal-mart customers! WHAT? That fat guy in the front row! WHAT?

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:35 AM Edit Post
A nice read on Becky's run in the WWE:

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/11/18/colohue-dogma-the-ballad-of-becky-lynch/

ThePunisher
The Great One

Posts 3331
Registered 4-19-2003
Location Asheville, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-19-2018 at 02:18 PM Edit Post
Enzo being Enzo......

Wait 'Til Next Year - The best baseball podcast on the 'Net!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-19-2018 at 05:26 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero
If Becky Lynch brings back the "WHAT?" I will flip out like Cousin Mark. I seriously loved the hell out of the whattening.

Pickin fights with randos! WHAT? strangers! WHAT? freaks and geeks! WHAT? Wal-mart customers! WHAT? That fat guy in the front row! WHAT?

In the words of Jimmy Crow, good god y'all!

And she's fighting with Jericho too now!

[Edited on 11/19/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-19-2018 at 07:07 PM Edit Post
* God, I want this to be true because it would be the MOST WWE THING EVAR...but rumors are that the WWE will put the belt back on Charlotte and begin building toward her and Rousey at Mania - possibly the main event, while Becky will be moved into an upper mid-card feud with Nia. Not sure how that all works itself out, but again I want it to be true just to listen to all you WWE truthers out there try to defend it.

* Also, Enzo's antics last night reportedly caused a woman to suffer a serious head injury. She fell and hit her head when security pulled Enzo down from the chair. Enzo was ejected from the building after meeting with WWE officials and the LAPD, but no charges were filed. I'm sure you can expect both Enzo and the WWE to be hit with a lawsuit.

[Edited on 11-19-2018 by CCharger]

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

gobbledygooker
Sister Act 2

Posts 9489
Registered 12-17-2002
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-19-2018 at 07:31 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
* God, I want this to be true because it would be the MOST WWE THING EVAR...but rumors are that the WWE will put the belt back on Charlotte and begin building toward her and Rousey at Mania - possibly the main event, while Becky will be moved into an upper mid-card feud with Nia. Not sure how that all works itself out, but again I want it to be true just to listen to all you WWE truthers out there try to defend it.

Just to riff on this a bit, I was thinking that with the way last night played out, I could TOTALLY see Becky turning back to babyface tonight by giving a "You didn't have to go that far!" speech to Charlotte. I don't think there's any way in hell they keep them both heel, especially since neither of them will presumably have any contact with Rhonda until Wrestlemania. I hadn't thought about the belt changing hands but that really would make the storyline go full WWE-To-The-Max ("GODDAMN, PAL, nobody cares about Becky, we've gotta get the belt back on CHARLOTTE!!").

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls." - The Iron Sheik

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:18 PM Edit Post
You guys give entirely too much credit to face/heel alignments. So much of it is simply who you are facing on that day and in what city. Charlotte didnít turn heel against everyone ... she just reminded everyone that sheís a badass. Beckie tried to turn heel by shitting on the fans but they didnít let her so they just let her keep being a badass. Even Daniel Bryan ... who ďturned heelĒ against the biggest good guy on Smackdown isnít going to get booed all that much and against anyone who isnít on Styles level, he wonít get booed at all.

There are very few true heels in WWE. Ciampa, Corbin and ... yeah. Thatís about the entire list. True faces? Shit ... itís like the luchadores and nothing else because true faces are boring as fuck. Everyone needs some grit.

So to circle it back around, Beckie will get cheered against everyone. Charlotte will get cheered against everyone who isnít Beckie or a long standing good worker because she is respected enough for the crowd to play along. Rousey is still a good guy and has gotten cheered against everyone except in the case where she finally worked against someone who built up respect ... which isnít Nikki Bella. Nia, well she just became Roman Reigns or Bootista.

There is a shit ton of money in a Nia v Beckie feud and it rightfully should be on a major PPV. Charlotte v Ronda is obviously the same. No reason that all 4 of these ladies canít be dance partners all winter. Thatís your big 4 women right there. After that you have Asuka, Sasha, Mela, Bayley, Alexa and one or two more who can fill in on a need to basis.

Listen, I get that Beckie getting her face waffled ruffled some feathers but weíve stumbled onto a perfect storm money making wise.

And what does Vince love most?

Money.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

Cherokee Jack
The Rowdy One

Posts 2020
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:18 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by gobbledygooker

Just to riff on this a bit, I was thinking that with the way last night played out, I could TOTALLY see Becky turning back to babyface tonight by giving a "You didn't have to go that far!" speech to Charlotte. I don't think there's any way in hell they keep them both heel, especially since neither of them will presumably have any contact with Rhonda until Wrestlemania. I hadn't thought about the belt changing hands but that really would make the storyline go full WWE-To-The-Max ("GODDAMN, PAL, nobody cares about Becky, we've gotta get the belt back on CHARLOTTE!!").
You listen to the crowd last night? Thereís a heel in this whole Becky/Charlotte/Ronda story. And it is not Becky or Charlotte.

Beyond that, yes it would be Maximum Vince to immediately decide that Charlotte is the reason this story is working and she needs to be the one to main event against Ronda. And during the beatdown last night I definitely got the fear that they could start moving in that direction.

Edit:
quote:
Listen, I get that Beckie getting her face waffled ruffled some feathers but weíve stumbled onto a perfect storm money making wise.

And what does Vince love most?

Money.
Perhaps, but letís not also pretend that there arenít plenty of examples of Vince leaving money on the table (sometimes a ton of money) in the name of doing what he wants to do.

[Edited on 11-19-2018 by Cherokee Jack]

I'm Cherokee Jack!

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:26 PM Edit Post
Imagine if after Owen botched and dropped Austin on his head, rather than wait around for Austin to heal, Vince instead put him in an upper midcard feud with Owen, and the main event of 1998 Wrestlemania was Shawn Michaels vs. Ken Shamrock.

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:37 PM Edit Post
Ken Kennedy's routine was over with the crowd and he was good enough to the point that the gave him a MITB win. That didn't keep him from getting fired when he went too stiff and hurt someone.

ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 393
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood:

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:39 PM Edit Post
That was Orton though, and he had the stroke with the proper people.
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:45 PM Edit Post
FWIW, after Seth Rollins ended Sting's career with an errant BuckleBomb, he went on an 8 match losing streak which included losing clean to Kane on RAW.

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:45 PM Edit Post
Regardless of who he hurt Kennedy didn't get hot-shotted into a bigger scene after he fucked up. He got downgraded, had his MITB taken away, and was then future endeavoured. And at the moment Lynch is at least as valuable to WWE as Orton was back then so if that's the case Jax (toilet) should have been subject to the same "don't hurt the mega-talent, ever, or else" precedent and not come out on the other end rewarded for it. I wouldn't be half as ongoing pissed off about it if the hypocrisy wasn't so glaring.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:52 PM Edit Post
quote:
Ken Kennedy's routine was over with the crowd and he was good enough to the point that the gave him a MITB win. That didn't keep him from getting fired when he went too stiff and hurt someone.

That was a decade ago. Iím sure you could give plenty of examples on both sides. Regardless, it was a punch in a scripted melee that landed one inch closer to the mark than it should of.

Theyíve been building Nia up for years and invested lots of ... whatís that word again ... oh yeah ... money ... invested lots of money into her. Mistakes happen. Move on.

You guys sound just like every jack wagon football fan in Philly who wants the Eagles coached fired.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-19-2018 at 08:55 PM Edit Post
"Mistake"?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:01 PM Edit Post
All I want for Christmas, or soon thereafter, is Charlotte/Bex getting revenge attacked by Ronda and then those two teaming up to torment her back. At that point, enter Shayna for some hot hot girl-on-girl tag team action because all four of those chicks can fucking GO. Then Sasha and Bayley enter the fold, followed eventually by Duke and Shafir for some Hosswomunn vs. Hosswomunn fisticuffs, daddeh. Book...............it.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013
Member Is Online

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:02 PM Edit Post
Not to be pendantic but Kennedy had a history of causing injury or getting injured himself. After he fucked Undertaker's ribs he was given a PPV World Title match against Batista and the mitb was taken from him because he got injured but it wasn't a punishment.

And regarding his issue with Orton, the most reported version of events is that Orton and Cena lobbied for him to be gone. It wasn't just management setting an example.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:06 PM Edit Post
quote:
"Mistake"?

Hahaha. All love from me man. Definitely not trying to troll you. And hell, Beckie has been my personal favorite for a long time. Just saying that for how shitty the situation is with her getting hurt, donít lose the forest through the trees. Beckie now has 3 ... maybe 4 if you include Asuka ... opponents who she could headline any Big 4 PPV against.

This time last week she had 1. Sure it was dumb luck but what happened happened and if all of the participants essentially arenít making more than a kayfabe big deal out of it, than why should we?

Beckie will be back. She will be back with a vengeance. Like it or not she and Charlotte will be neck and neck for years and Rousey is a damn ATM. Now Nia has parlayed herself into being Darth Vader we have a whole main event worthy of giving a shit about. These are good things.

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2810
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:08 PM Edit Post
I just find the fan's reactions funny. Just using the way the majority of fan's reacted to the examples brought up thus far:

Owen injures Austin and Owen remains an all time great.
Seth injures Sting, Cena, and Balor and Seth the best current worker alive.
Kennedy injures Orton and it was terrible that he was eventually released.
Brie hurts Liv and should be fired.
Nia hurts Becky and deserves to be fired.

It's almost like people make the decision on if the wrestler should be punished for a botch or not based on if that wrestler was already a smark favorite before the incident.

OO's only mammal penguin

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:15 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by TownOfDalem
I just find the fan's reactions funny. Just using the way the majority of fan's reacted to the examples brought up thus far:

It's almost like people make the decision on if the wrestler should be punished for a botch or not based on if that wrestler was already a smark favorite before the incident.

Yup! Same as it ever was. Same thing happens in sports too. And politics. And fucking everywhere it seems!

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 11-19-2018 at 09:17 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by TownOfDalem

The difference is whether a wrestler has a history of hurting/botching.

Kennedy, Brie, and Nia all had reputations for being careless and/or stiff in the ring.

Owen and Seth do not.

As Cornette is wont to say, it's wrestling, not ballet. Mistakes happen. Injuries happen.But if you are repeatedly fucking up and hurting people, you need to be held accountable.

-- The Rick

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top