The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 11-17-2018 at 02:43 AM Edit Post
Holy hell WWE is lucky Ellsworth wasn't employed by them at the time, even though they're definitely gonna catch collateral damage from this (even though they shouldn't). Unlike Enzo's fuckery which almost royally fucked the anniversary RAM but turned out more in his favor-ish once he was cleared, this looks pretty legit that Jimmy needs whatever remains of his chin to be pushed up into his skull with a tire iron.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/9xpbp2/developing_story_james_ellsworth_reportedly_sends/

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-17-2018 at 02:59 AM Edit Post
Yeah. Sheís got all the receipts. Unless this is some really elaborate hoax, heís really fucked.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-17-2018 at 03:06 AM Edit Post
Ohhhh... he will be... he will be...

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7765
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-17-2018 at 03:14 AM Edit Post
Let's be honest, if there was a "wrestler who looks the most likely to send nudes to an underage girl" contest, James Elsworth would be the winner. With Enzo being a close second.

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9035
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-17-2018 at 03:48 AM Edit Post
Orton is too 5. Not gonna debate placement within

Don't Mess With Texas

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7765
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-17-2018 at 04:28 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl

I think Jim Cornette has third place on lock, so the best Orton could hope for is fourth.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-17-2018 at 05:55 AM Edit Post
Enzo's new look makes him look like a gay serial killer.

I'm not slagging, but he looks like the gay serial killer from the movie Copycat dialed up to 11.

https://goo.gl/images/Uf3V2T

*okay apparently embedding any kind of pic of video sucks for me... buttons won't work, code won't work... oh well.

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by Flash]

bopol
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1003
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-17-2018 at 05:56 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl

I think Jim Cornette has third place on lock, so the best Orton could hope for is fourth.

Can't see Cornette at all on this sort of list. He's more the type to make news for anger issues than sexual issues, like he's done in the past.

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by bopol]

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-17-2018 at 07:49 AM Edit Post
quote:
Let's be honest, if there was a "wrestler who looks the most likely to send nudes to an underage girl" contest, James Elsworth would be the winner. With Enzo being a close second.

I don't know; I think those somewhat sweaty looking and smiling pics of Lawler stay at the top of the list.

So do we have our next Ultimate Showdown: Most likely to end up talking to Chris Hansen edition?

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-17-2018 at 07:56 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash

So do we have our next Ultimate Showdown: Most likely to end up talking to Chris Hansen edition?

Game over, man. Game over.

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2299
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 11-17-2018 at 08:14 AM Edit Post
Excuse my ignorance, but who is that?
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-17-2018 at 09:58 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Katie Vick killer

That would be one Rock n' Roll Buck Zumhofe. He's a convicted pederast and the reason WWE will have to do some creative editing for HHH's eventual career retrospecticus video packages on the Network once he hangs it up for good and goes in the HoF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Zumhofe

That ring attire of his is just... wow. And bear in mind he served time in prison for kiddie diddlery a few years before this match took place.

Planet Starbucks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 117
Registered 1-28-2013
Location England

Mood: Medicated

posted on 11-17-2018 at 10:19 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
As with Becky right now so it was too for me with the same intensity for Austin, Rock, Eddie, and a bunch of others who became the super-elite of performers.

Really? Becky Lynch is a super-elite performer in the same vein as some of the biggest legends ever to step in to a WWE ring? I get that she's riding a big wave of momentum at the moment, and it's nice to see them actually responding to crowd reactions for once, but this almost cult like worship is getting ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
If you want a vision of the WWE's future, imagine an overpushed Samoan stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell, 2016 (sequel to 1984)

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 825
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-17-2018 at 11:03 AM Edit Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Katie Vick killer

That would be one Rock n' Roll Buck Zumhofe. He's a convicted pederast and the reason WWE will have to do some creative editing for HHH's eventual career retrospecticus video packages on the Network once he hangs it up for good and goes in the HoF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_Zumhofe

That ring attire of his is just... wow. And bear in mind he served time in prison for kiddie diddlery a few years before this match took place.

HHHís first finisher was a Diamond Cutter? Also, man, I miss Gorilla.

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by CVD39]

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-17-2018 at 03:46 PM Edit Post
quote:

At least when Enzo sends someone a picture of a dick, itís just a selfie of himself.

But on the more serious side, there's an update, and...fuck. Just....fucking hell.

nodq.com/news/544440867.shtml

The minor has videos that Ellsworth allegedly sent her. Warning: itís very graphic and NSFW.

Ellsworthís life and career, regardless the outcome, they're destroyed. Heís poison now. His indy fed, Adrenaline Championship Wrestling, that's gotta be done now as well since nobody's gonna be taking bookings or buying tickets to his shows.

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11780
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 11-17-2018 at 04:04 PM Edit Post
So David Arquette just wrestled a death match vs. Nick Gage and accidentally got his neck sliced with a florescent light tube.

Here's the entire end sequence, where he exits the ring looking for medical before deciding to head back in and try to wrap the match up:

And the spot where his neck gets punctured:

https://twitter.com/Stauffy/status/1063690670446043136

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by Matte]

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: ranting in Japanese

posted on 11-17-2018 at 05:38 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Planet Starbucks
quote:
As with Becky right now so it was too for me with the same intensity for Austin, Rock, Eddie, and a bunch of others who became the super-elite of performers.

Really? Becky Lynch is a super-elite performer in the same vein as some of the biggest legends ever to step in to a WWE ring? I get that she's riding a big wave of momentum at the moment, and it's nice to see them actually responding to crowd reactions for once, but this almost cult like worship is getting ridiculous.

Explain to me why I'm wrong instead of me, for the umpteenth time, trying to explain to others why I see it this way.

After this I can't understand why you're NOT seeing it the same way - Big Show gives Becks major compliment about getting up and continuing on RAW after the sucker punch that would have kept "tougher" guys down, Lynch responds with epic comeback:

Beating up strangers just because she's bored? If this isn't Austin/Rock levels of sass then none of us were watching the same Austin/Rock back in the glory days either.

[Edited on 11/17/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3096
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 11-17-2018 at 06:12 PM Edit Post
Iíll bet Cam is breathing a massive sigh of relief that Ellsworth decided to bail on their match. Nobody wants that literal and metaphorical hepatitis on him.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-17-2018 at 06:16 PM Edit Post
* Jim Ross took a bad fall on some concrete the other day and badly injured his face. He's got tons of bruising and scabs on his face as testament to the damage he took. In true classic ECW Original fashion, Sabu chimed in and said he hoped JR had died instead.

Was Sabu like this back in the old days? I know he was always eccentric but didn't think he was such a literal New Jack-grade of cunt as he's been showing the last year with his comments on Lawler, Brian Christopher, and now JR.

* James Ellsworth has also been dumped from an appearance at Survivor Series that he'd been booked for - wondering if/when any comments start being made by the current women's roster that he was acting like a creep around them too during his time with WWE.

[Edited on 11/17/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

posted on 11-17-2018 at 07:46 PM Edit Post
quote:

Beating up strangers just because she's bored? If this isn't Austin/Rock levels of sass then none of us were watching the same Austin/Rock back in the glory days either.

While it in no way excuses Nia's sloppiness, her "errant" punch was essentially the final match to light off Becky's rocket to the upper atmosphere of greatness that's obviously been simmering early/middle WWE career Daniel Bryan-style for a while. Nia inadvertently gave her the legitimacy and gravitas that she otherwise wouldn't necessarily have as much of when facing Ronda Rousey. Yes, that Ronda Rousey. You know, the former UFC Champeenette? Where chicks legit beat other bloody, no less.

Yes, UFC =/=WWE, but one of the main issues I've always had with MMA guys like Lashley or Bork, and now Ronda, is simply knowing that in a hot second they could flip a switch and actually demolish anyone and everyone on the roster no matter how big they were. (See: Bork legit tuning up Braun in-ring when Braun got a lil' too face-kicky with Bork.) So given how Ronda's UFC career ended and how Bex showed her toughness by wrasslin' with a broken frickin' face, it makes their eventual match that much more realistically even.

Becky got rocked, proceeded to get right the fuck back up, and then kept wilding like a mad Irishwoman (is there any other kind?). In the perfect storm and chaos of that go home show scrum, there wasn't any time for a ref or official to stop the proceedings to put on the gloves and check on her, so that amazing blood mask visual stayed on to end the show with her triumphant in the end. If that wasn't a Stone Cold 3:16-esque star-making moment, then I don't know what is.

Also, Rusev give NO fucks...

View this post on Instagram

Night out! Who wore it better ?

A post shared by Miroslav Barnyashev (@rusevig) on

ETA: Click on the white arrow on the right of the image. GOL-FUCKING-LY!

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by janerd75]

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-17-2018 at 08:24 PM Edit Post
Florida Man knows
Florida Man understands
Florida Man cares, dammit!

Planet Starbucks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 117
Registered 1-28-2013
Location England

Mood: Medicated

posted on 11-17-2018 at 11:27 PM Edit Post
quote:

Explain to me why I'm wrong instead of me, for the umpteenth time, trying to explain to others why I see it this way.

Hey man, it's your opinion. For me to label it as purely 'wrong' would be to fall prey to blatant Bertoism. I can see why she's winning so many people over with her recent work, but to put her in the same bracket as Austin and Rock AT THIS STAGE is, objectively, very premature.

If / when she takes WWE by the scruff of the neck and becomes a widely known personality then fine. However, it wasn't the 3:16 promo that made Austin a superstar, it was everything that came after. The promo was just the catalyst, which would have been forgotten if not followed up by suitable booking and consistent character work. Given time, maybe the broken nose will be viewed similarly, but we're talking years down the line not just a week.

The situation doesn't have to be black or white. I don't have to either see it the same way as you or NOT. I'm very much enjoying her current run, but why the need to immediately label her as one of the greats at such an early point in her career? And then lash out at those who don't completely agree? That's the sort of thing I mean when describing her fan base as cult like.

quote:
If you want a vision of the WWE's future, imagine an overpushed Samoan stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell, 2016 (sequel to 1984)

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-18-2018 at 12:04 AM Edit Post
Don't remember lashing out at anyone over this, more just a questioning as to why some just aren't seeing the near-identical "it" factor in play with Lynch the same way it was with other past elite performers. Didn't want to offend anyone, 'Berto-style, who didn't agree with me by calling them stupid or anything like that and I'm fairly certain I didn't - if anything I've been abruptly yapped at for the "affront" of even putting Becky's name in the same sentence as Austin. I also have to point out that Lynch's ascension hasn't been a sudden thing either. It's been over the course of weeks/months and, like that or not, consuming that much time in a current WWE storyline in these hyper-accelerated (thanks to the internet) days is now equivalent to the half-year or year-long build-ups for guys like Stone Cold or Rocky. She had something like a 12 match win streak first, then at least a couple of weeks of the obvious anger on display when Flair got added to the championship match at Summerslam. As such it hasn't been an illogical or badly-constructed heel turn like recently happened with Strowman, or as groan-inducing as the multiple switches Big Show would end up doing over the course of a single year.

Agree to disagree on this one apparently. I'm not changing my viewpoint on any of this though.

[Edited on 11/18/2018 by Paddlefoot]

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2538
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-18-2018 at 02:24 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk
Iíll bet Cam is breathing a massive sigh of relief that Ellsworth decided to bail on their match. Nobody wants that literal and metaphorical hepatitis on him.

A little bit, yeah. Iím sort of appalled by the whole thing. My boss is loving it, though, since Chinsworth fucked him out of a thousand big ones for the plane ticket.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2515
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-18-2018 at 06:25 AM Edit Post
I think the devotion Becky's starting to inspire IS part of what's making her run special, the same way fans took to Daniel Bryan a few years ago, where they just are not going to let WWE put her aside anymore. And it's remarkable because no woman's really inspired this kind of reaction in the wrestling fanbase pretty much ever on the mainstream level. So, yeah, it seems like kind of a big deal.

As for her being a celebrity, I don't think she is yet, but I have seen a lot of non-wrestling fans react to the images of bloody Becky and being like HOLY SHIT WHO'S THIS?!? and declaring their devotion.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top