The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4711
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 11-15-2018 at 01:11 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Whatever is was, accident or deliberate, it's exploded on Twitter today. Nia posted a picture of her scarred fist with some "how did it feel comment", Rousey got in on it with some taunts And then Becky shot back openly calling it a sucker punch and calling Nia a bitch. Got the feeling, right now anyway with emotions at their peak, that this all could be fucking real and that Nia's due for a big payback coming up soon.

I think they're all acting like consummate professionals. In other words, they're taking something that happened inside the ring, regardless of whether it was accidental or deliberate, and using it to get heat. And judging by your reaction and the reactions of many others, the work is working.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 810
Registered 1-16-2013
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 11-15-2018 at 02:22 AM Edit Post
quote:
If only. Probably had the "anyone takes a shot at Nia they get fired" warning given to the locker-room already though. Leave her alone or we'll tell on you to Cousin Dwayne!

Other than that, Golly!

God damn. Iíve always liked Becky....but I think I now love her. God damn.

quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
It's nothing to do with their ages. Becky calls herself The Man now, and Ronda is saying she's more like a millennial man. Basically, she's just calling her a pussy.

I can't wait for Becky to just come back with, "suck my giant dick."

[Edited on 11-14-2018 by punkerhardcore]

Some friends of ours were hanging out one day and my wife said she wished she was a guy just so she could go around telling people to ďsuck my dickĒ anytime someone was rude or wrong about something. Iíve seen her point to her crotch and say ďSUCK (points again) MY (points again) DICKĒ about 100 times. Love her, too.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3279
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-15-2018 at 04:13 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85
Rhonda's gotta knock it off with this millennial bullshit. First off, she's the same age as Becky, with a difference of only a few days. And secondly, if you're trying to talk shit, you need to do a lot better than that to compete with Becky, who in that tweet pretty much did the verbal equivalent of what Holly Holm did to Ronda.

EDIT: And today is the 3rd anniversary of Holm knocking out Ronda, so even more fitting.

[Edited on 11-14-2018 by anglefan85]
Like, yeah, I was going to ask what the fuck Rowdy Rousey is actually the fuck doing slinging around "millenial", when she got her streak broken and went into BOO HOO I HATE EVERYTHING I WANT TO KMS mode. If anybody's "millenial", it's her.

ETA: Oh, I see The Bex Brawler already played that card. Noice, as the kids say. And also #rekt. I've seen the kids saying that one too.

[Edited on 11-15-2018 by Count Zero]

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12748
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 11-15-2018 at 04:16 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slade
quote:
Whatever is was, accident or deliberate, it's exploded on Twitter today. Nia posted a picture of her scarred fist with some "how did it feel comment", Rousey got in on it with some taunts And then Becky shot back openly calling it a sucker punch and calling Nia a bitch. Got the feeling, right now anyway with emotions at their peak, that this all could be fucking real and that Nia's due for a big payback coming up soon.

I think they're all acting like consummate professionals. In other words, they're taking something that happened inside the ring, regardless of whether it was accidental or deliberate, and using it to get heat. And judging by your reaction and the reactions of many others, the work is working.

Are you saying Paddlefoot is a mark?

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-15-2018 at 04:51 AM Edit Post
It's because I care, dammit!

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

shashwat mishra
Showstopper

Posts 855
Registered 9-27-2002
Location Bhubaneswar, India

Mood: Saving Money

posted on 11-15-2018 at 08:32 AM Edit Post
Asuka can now turn heel costing Charlotte the match and getting some momentum. That way Charlotte doesn't get back to back clean losses and Rousey gets her win.

[Edited on 11-15-2018 by shashwat mishra]

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7900
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-15-2018 at 02:57 PM Edit Post
So new rumour of the day....

Becky vs Ronda is now likely to headline Mania.

So Iím guessing Becky causes Ronda to lose to Flair, Ronda costs Becky her title, Becky wins the Rumble... and nobody will bitch if Becks loses because thatíd just be stupid.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4112
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-15-2018 at 05:15 PM Edit Post
Holy shit, to go from the forgettable wm pre-show battle royal to main eventing WM would be amazing.

And it would be completely deserved.Ronda is second only to Lesnar and Cena in terms of being a mainstream attraction and Becky is getting the best reactions out of all the full timers, so if their feud stays just as white hot when Becky returns it should main event WM.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2502
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-15-2018 at 06:44 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Rumor: any rumors posted about dirt sheets saying that Daniel Bryan has backstage heat are garbage.

I saw a guy on Twitter claim that Bryan winning the belt was a 'punishment' so that he could be humiliated by Brock Lesnar.

I wish I got punished by winning world titles.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3213
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-15-2018 at 08:11 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Rumor: any rumors posted about dirt sheets saying that Daniel Bryan has backstage heat are garbage.

I saw a guy on Twitter claim that Bryan winning the belt was a 'punishment' so that he could be humiliated by Brock Lesnar.

I wish I got punished by winning world titles.

Hopefully!

Maybe youíll get punished with a raise in pay as well! Oh the humanity!!!

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7900
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 11-15-2018 at 09:03 PM Edit Post
Apparently Bryan got the title because his new contract is that of a main eventer, and Vince didnít want Bryan fucking around in the mid card.

Bryan turned because he fucking wanted to.

And is getting no ill will for saying fuck no to the 2nd Saudi show.

So in conclusion....backstage Bryan Danielson in 2018 must bring a tear to the eye of one Michael Hickenbottom.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3213
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-15-2018 at 10:00 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Apparently Bryan got the title because his new contract is that of a main eventer, and Vince didnít want Bryan fucking around in the mid card.

Bryan turned because he fucking wanted to.

And is getting no ill will for saying fuck no to the 2nd Saudi show.

So in conclusion....backstage Bryan Danielson in 2018 must bring a tear to the eye of one Michael Hickenbottom.

Itís still the same story as always. Vince loves money. Vince loves people who make him money. If you make Vince money he will bend over backwards to allow you to make him money. If you want Vince to push you more just spend 2 years making him enough money where one day it dawns upon him that youíre the reason heís making money and youíll get anything you want.

Itís the same as it ever was except that the biggest cash cows at this exact moment are a chick we all love, the best underdog theyíve ever had and the scariest man and woman on Earth. There will always be big names getting their way and if some talent doesnít like it the only way to do anything about it is to make Vince a bunch of money.

Once upon a time Hogan kept young guys down, then it was HBK and friends, then it was Cena, and then Roman. Itís a cycle that never stops except when people bitch their way out of town before it dawns on Vince how much money they are making. If CM Punk never quit by now he would have been a 10 time champion and would have been able to get away with backstage murder. He was just too busy bitching about invisible brass rings to notice he was about a millimeter away from the Golden Goose.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7692
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 11-15-2018 at 11:38 PM Edit Post
So if Becky getting pulled from Survivor Series leads to her headlining WrestleMania with Ronda, can we say that her getting punched in the face by Nia Jax is the best thing to ever happen to her?
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7900
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

posted on 11-16-2018 at 12:07 AM Edit Post
No...the restraining order against Roy is still the best thing to ever happen to her.
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4565
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 11-16-2018 at 01:26 AM Edit Post
Firstly; sick burn BFG... Kudos

Secondly...

Not for nothing but I've always wondered why a talent signing a new contract would be a bigger deal to Vince other than he's got them locked in?

Aren't most WWE contracts kind of unlimited earning potential ones anyway? Ie Downside versus a cut of everything we stick your name on, or you appear in... hence why most guys/gals beat their downsides for the most part, and you gotta figure a guy like Bryan was probably taking home some pretty healthy cheques.

I get it from the talents POV; probably a bigger downside as insurance, maybe a few stips in there about travel, or dates/time off, or a bigger cut of merch... but from Vince's POV on a guy like Bryan he likely knows his upside or what he can expect to make off him... with a new contract he's likely paying him more now... which I can see a certain logic to wanting to get your money out of the expensive guy and see if you can get a few bucks more out of him.

Am I missing something?

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1670
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-16-2018 at 01:36 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Holy shit, to go from the forgettable wm pre-show battle royal to main eventing WM would be amazing.

And largely without precedent, too. There've been people who've main-evented Wrestlemania after having not competed the previous year -- most recently Batista at Wrestlemania 30 -- but no one has gone from pre-show to main event in one year. The closest I can come up with is the Miz, who was in the opener of Wrestlemania 26 before main-eventing Wrestlemania 27, but even then he was both Unified Tag and United States champion at 26, so he clearly had more of a push than Becky Lynch did at Wrestlemania 34.

I guess maybe Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania 31, after having that two-minute Shield squash of corporate Kane and the New Age Outlaws at 30, but even then, that was midway through the show.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-16-2018 at 01:36 AM Edit Post
quote:
No...the restraining order against Roy is still the best thing to ever happen to her.

My god, there aren't enough gollys in the world for this one.

POTY nominated.

* also, two-legged one-man herpes epidemic, aka Enzo Amore, booted off of plane flight for refusing to stop vaping

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/11/15/video-footage-enzo-amore-getting-kicked-off-airplane/

Unfortunately the plane was not in flight over the ocean, the jagged part of the mountains, or a sea of desert cactus when Enzo got kicked out

[Edited on 11/16/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-16-2018 at 01:45 AM Edit Post
quote:

The restraining order Rick got against Roy is the best thing to ever happen to these bOOards.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 810
Registered 1-16-2013
Member Is Online

Mood:

posted on 11-16-2018 at 08:57 AM Edit Post
I donít tweet or Instagram or Iíd look it up but did Rousey ever respond to that blanket comment from Becky?
Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4711
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 11-16-2018 at 04:20 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was getting at. And I'm glad he's taking it like a champ!

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-16-2018 at 05:03 PM Edit Post
quote:
quote:

My god, there aren't enough gollys in the world for this one.

POTY nominated.

* also, two-legged one-man herpes epidemic, aka Enzo Amore, booted off of plane flight for refusing to stop vaping

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/11/15/video-footage-enzo-amore-getting-kicked-off-airplane/

Unfortunately the plane was not in flight over the ocean, the jagged part of the mountains, or a sea of desert cactus when Enzo got kicked out

So just like his rap career, he wasn't able to take off.

Then again, I'd be more surprised if he didn't do this. Probably thought it'd make him look cool. After all, this is the same guy who decided that this was a good look.

[Edited on 11-16-2018 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-16-2018 at 07:12 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slade
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was getting at. And I'm glad he's taking it like a champ!

Admittedly true. I've even been making shitty comments at Nia Jax and WWE on Twitter because of what happened. I get like this when someone/something special comes along and in an instant the WWE landscape changed. As with Becky right now so it was too for me with the same intensity for Austin, Rock, Eddie, and a bunch of others who became the super-elite of performers.

* also, dumb-fuck Nia Jax managed to bollux up a second big WWE event by breaking Becky Lynch's face - there was going to be a cage match at Starrcade '19 on Nov 24 between Becky and Charlotte that's also now a no-go

[Edited on 11/16/2018 by Paddlefoot]

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 736
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-16-2018 at 09:38 PM Edit Post
James Ellsworth is in trouble as an underage girl has accused him of sending her nude selfies of himself. Some unidentified female wrestler(s) have now stated he's been trouble in the locker rooms lately as well. He is married with kid(s).

Guess this will be one we have to wait to see how it plays out.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-17-2018 at 12:48 AM Edit Post
Any man with two hands is chinnocent until proven guilty.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 11-17-2018 at 01:26 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85
Any man with two hands is chinnocent until proven guilty.

Jesus.

POTFY

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top