The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 825
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:09 AM Edit Post
Why can’t they just say Becky hyperextended Rousey’s arm and not play into Becky not being cleared? That way The Man loses no heat and Rousey wouldn’t lose any either? Push the match out to the Rumble?
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: ranting in Japanese

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:12 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
Yeah, holy shit by the description I was expecting just an errant jab but that was a full on Samoan chubtard strength, proper hip-swivel with follow through fucking Hawaiian PUNCH. I get that it's just a blurry snippet but it looks like Nia totally lost her composure and forgot that she's not fighting for real.

Obvious speculation here, but maybe Roman being there and the Rock cousin angle kept her protected somewhat, but with the former now gone and the latter not really involved anymore and that Paige movie long in the can, it's probably a good time for them to part ways with Nia. There's far more talented big girls out there on the horizon and, IIRC, some at the performance center now to keep risking the other gal's safety to let shit like this keep happening. And now it's cost them Rousey/Lynch. What happens when Nia gets a hold of Sasha one day, who's known for taking sloppy risks herself on occasion, and Nia sloppy-tosses her over the ropes in a way that Sasha gets spiked into the floor head first?

Agree 100%. In her couple of years on the roster Nia's hurt Bayley, Emma, a jobber, Zelina Vega, and now Becky. And she also nearly got Charlotte killed by botching the catch on a springboard off the turnbuckle. Last night's one can't be pushed aside. Not just because it fucked up SummerSlam but because it showed what I've been saying for a while, that Nia's got some sort of fucking issue that's causing these injuries to others to keep happening. She's either inept, doesn't care, or thinks she's so protected by being Rock's cousin that she can do what she wants and get away with it. Last night might not have been pre-planned the way JBL belting Blue Meanie certainly was. But it shows that Nia's got one fuck of a temper problem. If she snapped or just couldn't wait to deal with it backstage if Becky had stiffed her makes no difference. It's the same damn result, with the most looked forward to match at a major PPV being destroyed thanks to what appears to be no more than a temper tantrum.

So, yeah, I'd gas her too and ASAP. They can't be getting that much value out of Rock showing up to do something at Mania every second year to justify keeping around one of his relations who's dangerous to the other kids on the playground.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:32 AM Edit Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate a bit, but maybe Nia got the reverse problem that CM Punk had in MMA. He spent his whole career infusing his synapses with repetitive training on how NOT to hurt an opponent and he was just way too late in the game to overwrite all that muscle memory and mental conditioning to be effective in a real fight. Going the other way, Nia may just be a natural brawler/fighter and she just doesn't have the ability to show restraint or at that last moment pull her punches.

Or or, and hear me out here, she's just fucking sloppy and has to go back to the Performance Center or be a greeter down the street at the Polynesian Resort at Disney World in Orlando.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8022
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:37 AM Edit Post
There is ZERO reason to take the title off Becky even if she was out 4 months. Brock has defended his title like twice in the 17 years he's held it. And Becky is way better at every aspect of wrestling than Brock is and would actually show up even if she was injured. Brock can't be bothered to show up unless there's 7 figures coming his way.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1705
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 02:16 AM Edit Post
Nia Jax very definitely has a problem with hurting people, and she absolutely deserves to get in some scalding hot water after wrecking the Ronda Rousey-Becky Lynch match with that haymaker. But I don't know if this graduates from "sloppy" to "malicious." Worked punches turn into all-too-real punches all the time. I'm thinking specifically of Victoria, who was generally regarded as a good worker who didn't take liberties, breaking Beth Phoenix's jaw with an errant punch in Beth's debut match.
GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2515
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-14-2018 at 04:44 AM Edit Post
It's hard to argue that she shouldn't have been more careful with her blows in a meaningless schmozz in which she was, at best, a tertiary player, especially when that errant shot injured the main person the angle actually was about. I don't think it was malicious, but she definitely fucked up.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 825
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 08:24 AM Edit Post
If I want to watch The Marine 6, should I watch the previous 5 to catch up? Will I be lost if I don’t?
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-14-2018 at 05:41 PM Edit Post
Whatever is was, accident or deliberate, it's exploded on Twitter today. Nia posted a picture of her scarred fist with some "how did it feel comment", Rousey got in on it with some taunts And then Becky shot back openly calling it a sucker punch and calling Nia a bitch. Got the feeling, right now anyway with emotions at their peak, that this all could be fucking real and that Nia's due for a big payback coming up soon. The pattern of injuries and almost-injuries she caused was bad enough but nuking Becky like that has to be the final straw. And if WWE won't do anything about it because Nia is hiding behind The Rock's political stroke as a shield to not bother improving and to get away with doing shitty things, and on top of it for Nia being dumb enough to double-down on it with idiotic remarks on Twitter, then the other women are probably going to take care of it themselves. And they have to because the ignorant cow is going to cripple or kill someone in the ring someday if this keeps happening with her. That she's due for another title shot from the win at Evolution, in the same spot where she injured Zelina (who's about one-quarter of her size) has to be especially galling right now to the rest of the women's roster.

And the audience too at SS is going to be livid. There'll have to be a new level of heat coming up, Nia Jax heat because that is going to be real genuine hatred she's going to catch from the crowds going forward. It'll blot out old things like X-Pac heat, Roman Reigns heat, or Freddie Blassie heat the way a supernova blots out a regular sun. The fans are gonna be on her like a pit bull on a poodle and there's no credible way for anyone to say that she doesn't deserve it.

And here's how fucking stupid some of the fans are going in the other direction. At the brawl on RAW Lana obviously whiffed some punches on Dana Brooke at ringside. The usual internet assholes gave her shit about it and she had to point out to the savages that Dana had Becky's blood all over her which made Lana lay off because she didn't know at that point in time if Dana was the one that got hurt. Something, as she put it, about not being a total twat by going full force on someone when the moment was in total chaos and no one knew what was going on.

I gotta admit that I'm so pissed off about what happened that I'm not thinking straight about it anymore. I'm actually at the point where I'm hoping that Nia gets punished by being put in a 20-second squash where Rousey breaks her fucking arm for real, or that if she's released she ends up in a shit promotion somewhere and runs into a nut like Sexy Star who ends her career on her.And I've never wished that kind of harm on any wrestler before no matter how looped into a feud I ever got by the kayfabe. FUCK!

[Edited on 11/14/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 752
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 05:45 PM Edit Post

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

G-Spot
"El Diablo"

Posts 752
Registered 8-31-2008
Location J-Town Pa.

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 05:50 PM Edit Post
Ronda Rousey Instagram response...

quote:
“I’m really sorry to hear The Millennial Man will not be showing up for her legally arranged ass whooping on November 18th at the Staples Center.”
“Unfortunately, now everyone knows if someone hauls off and punches you for real, your face implodes. I suggest you keep practicing your tough guys faces in the mirror, should be very effective physical therapy.”

“And have fun watching Korean soap operas on Netflix or whatever the hell the Millennial Man does with her free time. Don’t worry I’m not the backstabbing cheap shotting ambushing cowardly type, so you’re perfectly safe to take your time and heal up until your figurative balls have dropped and you’re finally ready to for your comeuppance. I want you 100% healed up, prepared, and looking me in the eye when the bell rings. Lemmie know when you’re done healing your boo-boos and ready for me to serve you your ass on a silver platter with your avocado toast.”

“I do have to admit, The Millennial Man is stunningly conniving. She poked the bear and ran like a bat outta hell when the bear awoke – Feeding me her favorite frienemy and fellow #FAUXhorsewoman. Charlotte Flair is a new level of manipulative cowardice, even for The Millennial Man. Charlotte is a Superfight and I’ve always wanted to fight her – but she’s just the stand in for the beating Beck Lynch has coming to her this Sunday. I’ll be sending The Champ a choice piece of Charlotte as a souvenir.”

"G-Spot rocks the g-spot!!!
**Ghandi (Clone High)**

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2539
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-14-2018 at 05:58 PM Edit Post
Hmm, I have a feeling that won’t be met with cheers.

Unless rousey is turning heel, that’s not how I would have orchestrated her response.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-14-2018 at 05:59 PM Edit Post
If WWE cleared it with Nia and Becky didn't to send that tweet, then WWE are assholes and Nia is too, neither of which would be entirely surprising. So she clearly won't be getting reprimanded for it, even though she should be.

If both WWE and Becky cleared it, though, I've got no issue because that suggests there's no hard feelings and you could build this to an angle, make the best out of a bad situation. Its what happened in the past with Owen and AJ breaking Austin's and Yoshi-Tatsu's necks, and both of them using an accidental botch as means to gain heat on themselves.

[Edited on 11-14-2018 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-14-2018 at 06:22 PM Edit Post
Charlotte/Rousey ending in a schmozz is how that match will probably end because they can't let Flair look weak going into RR and Mania. After this week's RAW it's really now accelerated the need to the 4HW union to take place. Sasha & Bayley have nothing else on the boil at Survivor Series, unless they do something to cause the RAW women's team to lose as revenge on Alexa, so the best thing they could do with them is have them interfere in the Rousey match. Take it to the point where Rousey is about to beat Charlotte, S&B attack her, the match is thrown out, and after a few seconds of indecision all three women start laying the boots to Ronda in classic heel stable style. All three of them are instantaneously moved into the tweener territory Becky's been in since SummerSlam and the audience is completely ecstatic at what's coming down the road for the women's roster. After that all they have to do is finagle some kind of trade to get S&B to SD or Flair & Lynch to RAW, or even just have them as a gang that crosses both brands at will, and the basic groundwork is put into place. If they emphasize to her that there's no point in being a good guy anymore, not after what Alexa and the RAW team did to her this week, then finally doing that quasi-villain turn so Bayley is no longer be some kind of an aw-shucks sucker shouldn't be all that difficult either.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-14-2018 at 06:39 PM Edit Post
Charlotte's story right now is her doubting herself so a lost to Rousey wouldn't really hurt her if they play into that.
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-14-2018 at 06:59 PM Edit Post
Rumor: it’s not a good idea to read Survivor Series previews before you’ve finished watching Raw and Smackdown.

Rumor confirmed.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 825
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 07:33 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Charlotte/Rousey ending in a schmozz is how that match will probably end because they can't let Flair look weak going into RR and Mania. After this week's RAW it's really now accelerated the need to the 4HW union to take place. Sasha & Bayley have nothing else on the boil at Survivor Series, unless they do something to cause the RAW women's team to lose as revenge on Alexa, so the best thing they could do with them is have them interfere in the Rousey match. Take it to the point where Rousey is about to beat Charlotte, S&B attack her, the match is thrown out, and after a few seconds of indecision all three women start laying the boots to Ronda in classic heel stable style. All three of them are instantaneously moved into the tweener territory Becky's been in since SummerSlam and the audience is completely ecstatic at what's coming down the road for the women's roster. After that all they have to do is finagle some kind of trade to get S&B to SD or Flair & Lynch to RAW, or even just have them as a gang that crosses both brands at will, and the basic groundwork is put into place. If they emphasize to her that there's no point in being a good guy anymore, not after what Alexa and the RAW team did to her this week, then finally doing that quasi-villain turn so Bayley is no longer be some kind of an aw-shucks sucker shouldn't be all that difficult either.

To expound in that, have Baszler lose on the NXT PPV on graduate her to Raw and have those other two MMA chicks come out to help Rousey. Becky can be there calling the shots. If Nia comes out, someone can chair her up or some other dastardly deed (if she doesn’t get what’s coming to her during her SS match).

And cross brand shenanagins would be great.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6349
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 11-14-2018 at 08:38 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

Canadienne rage !!!!!

And if WWE won't do anything about it because Nia is hiding behind The Rock's political stroke as a shield to not bother improving and to get away with doing shitty things, and on top of it for Nia being dumb enough to double-down on it with idiotic remarks on Twitter, then the other women are probably going to take care of it themselves.

Even MOAR Canadienne rage !!!!!

Paddy, you've blown the transaxle! You're just grinding metal! C'mon ease down...ease down...ease down.........ease down.............. GLLY!

As to your solution, though...

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-14-2018 at 09:20 PM Edit Post
So ... are we just not talking about Smackdown and the (redacted) Champion now being (redacted)?

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-14-2018 at 09:21 PM Edit Post
If only. Probably had the "anyone takes a shot at Nia they get fired" warning given to the locker-room already though. Leave her alone or we'll tell on you to Cousin Dwayne!

Other than that, Golly!

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 11-14-2018 at 09:35 PM Edit Post
Rumor: any rumors posted about dirt sheets saying that Daniel Bryan has backstage heat are garbage.

Rumor confirmed.

Side rumor: glad to see Braun’s backstage heat resulted in a depush where he was only allowed to beat up the whole tag division and get a future title shot. #burried

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-14-2018 at 09:35 PM Edit Post
Rhonda's gotta knock it off with this millennial bullshit. First off, she's the same age as Becky, with a difference of only a few days. And secondly, if you're trying to talk shit, you need to do a lot better than that to compete with Becky, who in that tweet pretty much did the verbal equivalent of what Holly Holm did to Ronda.

EDIT: And today is the 3rd anniversary of Holm knocking out Ronda, so even more fitting.

[Edited on 11-14-2018 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8326
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 11-14-2018 at 09:52 PM Edit Post
It's nothing to do with their ages. Becky calls herself The Man now, and Ronda is saying she's more like a millennial man. Basically, she's just calling her a pussy.

I can't wait for Becky to just come back with, "suck my giant dick."

[Edited on 11-14-2018 by punkerhardcore]

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 11-14-2018 at 11:38 PM Edit Post
Then Rhonda will send a picture of Pajama Boy captioned "this is you!" to Lynch, and Becky will retaliate with a gif of Rousey losing to Holly Holm. And then it's on, AWWWW YEEEAAAAAHHH!, in a never-ending spiral of classic The OC vs the South Park Diggitties "you got served!".

Cherokee Jack
The Rowdy One

Posts 2020
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 11-15-2018 at 12:08 AM Edit Post
Yeah the “millennial man” thing is kind of nonsensical and lame, but if they can keep this building, do a Horsewomen match at some point with minimal Ronda/Becky interaction, maybe have Ronda cause Becky to lose the SD women’s title to someone (Baszler?) along the way only for her to enter the women’s rumble and win a shot at the champ of her choosing...well, we may have found a women’s match that could main event Mania.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4431
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-15-2018 at 12:19 AM Edit Post
Yeah, I also don't get what adding millennial-ism to the mix is supposed to be accomplishing, either.

I mean, I DO. Millennials have many terrible traits, if you're into stereotyping. But the stereotypes I'm thinking of have nothing to do with Becky, so..... where's Ronda coming from there?

I will say this, though.... as the Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen thing gets more and more real, I can't really turn my nose up at the label "Faux Horsewomen" that emerged out of today's otherwise dumb and pointless twitter battle.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top