The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 12-7-2018 at 03:00 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
* in a sign that he also could be returning soon from injury down-time, Fandango is now training at TPC in Florida - welcome back, 'dango, easy warm up for you tonight, just a quick 20-second squash to AOPP

A is for Authors, O is for Other, P is for People, scratch the temple. The other P, well that's not that simple.

This is AWESOME *Clap clap clapclapclap*

quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Again...should ESPN be concerned? Actually...no. The Raptors game has got a lot of attention in Canada, and people have pointed out that the “spotlight” game last year of Warriors vs Hornets did 1.1 million viewers. So the 1.643 for Raps/76ers is seen as proof that the Raptors are no longer ratings poison in the US..
The funniest thing about this is that ESPN/TSN have a "partnership" (or ESPN owns a significant portion of TSN, depending on who you listen to), and the ESPN Spotlight Game Of The WEEK of the CENTURY was on .... Rogers Sportsnet, because TSN needed to carry curling on 4 out of 5 feeds.

So if I were ESPN, I wouldn't really be "worried", but I'd ditch TSN and hook up with The Dishonorable Opposition.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled stuff 'n' things.

[Edited on 12-7-2018 by Count Zero]

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2513
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 12-7-2018 at 05:05 AM Edit Post
The phrase "WWE apologist" is just hilarious to me. It's a fucking wrestling company, not a despotic regime or a religious sect. I don't have to apologize for liking what I fucking like.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 12-7-2018 at 05:28 AM Edit Post
OO 2019 - The Apologist Wars

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 12-7-2018 at 01:21 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
The phrase "WWE apologist" is just hilarious to me. It's a fucking wrestling company, not a despotic regime or a religious sect. I don't have to apologize for liking what I fucking like.

Apology accepted.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8323
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-7-2018 at 04:52 PM Edit Post
quote:
The phrase "WWE apologist" is just hilarious to me.

Maybe so... but like any television show, tons of people will argue that something is awesome, no matter how trashy or awful it is.

One may not need to justify something like Real Housewives of Wherethefuckever. But don't sit there and have a debate with me over how good it is, or how I don't get it, etc. Too often, people are reluctant to simply call a spade a spade and say, "You know what, you're right-- this is fucking garbage, but whatever--it's a guilty pleasure I still enjoy it for some reason." That's the difference.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7460
Registered 5-24-2004
Member Is Online

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-7-2018 at 06:34 PM Edit Post
For the record, I don’t “apologize” for anything. I acknowledge and understand where you guys are coming from, but be very clear: I am not sorry.

What am I supposed to be not sorry for, again? I got lost five or six posts ago.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-7-2018 at 06:34 PM Edit Post
Didn’t everybody who commented on RAW have complaints? Were there parts people enjoyed? Sure. But it’s not like anybody was giving it the “omg. best. raw. evah!” treatment.
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1700
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 12-7-2018 at 06:59 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
Maybe so... but like any television show, tons of people will argue that something is awesome, no matter how trashy or awful it is.

One may not need to justify something like Real Housewives of Wherethefuckever. But don't sit there and have a debate with me over how good it is, or how I don't get it, etc. Too often, people are reluctant to simply call a spade a spade and say, "You know what, you're right-- this is fucking garbage, but whatever--it's a guilty pleasure I still enjoy it for some reason." That's the difference.

So who's the ultimate arbiter on whether something is legitimately good? Because it would be helpful for me to know whether I'm allowed to like something on its own merits, or whether I can only like it ironically.

Seriously, guys, we're talking about pro wrestling here, not "Breaking Bad." We can look at TV shows in the "Real Housewives" vein as crap, because a huge proportion of the viewing public would consider them to be crap, but there's an equally huge proportion of the viewing public that would consider all pro wrestling to be crap. I don't have a problem with someone saying "I hated this particular segment of SmackDown!," or even with someone saying "I hated this entire episode of RAW," but this kind of "This was objectively terrible and it's impossible for anyone to think it was good" nonsense is what really steams my hams.

And look, I'm not saying that happens all the time here; 95% of the time, if I see that kind of attitude, it's on the unfortunate occasions when I read wrestling discussion elsewhere on the Internet. And it's super-rare for anyone here to be a complete dick about it. I just don't think I should have to admit something was bad before I say I liked it.

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1021
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 12-7-2018 at 07:37 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by punkerhardcore
quote:
The phrase "WWE apologist" is just hilarious to me.

I'll bite here. But its just a simple rehash of the pizza analogy. Sure, it was far from the best RAW ever, but it's still one of the top 3 (behind NXT and SD) wrestling shows on TV and that alone makes it better than anything else for me. I simply never get bored with wrestling the way I do with other TV shows.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-7-2018 at 11:06 PM Edit Post
* more random Twitter viciousness by The Man

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6343
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 12-8-2018 at 02:14 AM Edit Post

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 12-8-2018 at 03:26 AM Edit Post
I hope Charlotte called the fire department, because that was a SICK BURN.

Golly.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-8-2018 at 07:46 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75

Those previous cans were defective! What the fuck kind of a commie name is "Navin Johnson" anyway?!?!?!?

Aw.

SAY YOUR PRAYERS, HALFBREED!

[Edited on 12/8/2018 by Paddlefoot]

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6343
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 12-8-2018 at 08:27 AM Edit Post

Check out the date it was posted. It's okay I'm not breaking kayfabe they legit hate each other now. Legit. Like, totally. To the max.

[Edited on 12-8-2018 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-9-2018 at 03:53 AM Edit Post
* bad situation for Big Cass tonight; he was doing autograph signings in the lobby of the old ECW Arena in Philly during the intermission of a House of Hardcore event he was going to wrestle at later when he got knocked down by a sudden and violent seizure; he was taken to hospital but there's no word right now on his condition

[Edited on 12/9/2018 by Paddlefoot]

dxlevy72
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 77
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 12-9-2018 at 08:33 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by nOOb
For the record, I don’t “apologize” for anything. I acknowledge and understand where you guys are coming from, but be very clear: I am not sorry.

What am I supposed to be not sorry for, again? I got lost five or six posts ago.

An apologist is one who defends something, not one who offers an apology for something.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9034
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 12-9-2018 at 08:38 PM Edit Post
THE BooARDIES ARE HERE!

Don't Mess With Texas

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-10-2018 at 05:19 AM Edit Post
* word from Tommy Dreamer is that Big Cass is doing OK and able to move around on his own after the seizure he suffered at the House of Hardcore event last night - obviously though Cass will be starting the medical examination procedure to determine what he's suffering from that caused the episode in the first place

[Edited on 12/10/2018 by Paddlefoot]

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8323
Registered 7-15-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 12-10-2018 at 05:31 AM Edit Post
So what's the over/under on the number of "how ya doin'?" messages he's received in the past day?

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-10-2018 at 06:24 AM Edit Post
If he had a dime for every time he had a seizure and stayed down he'd have 10 cents by now. [/toosoon?]

Seriously, hope he's OK. It's probably something caused by the early appearance of concussion syndrome because he's probably got at least a couple of them the same way everyone else in the business does eventually.

[Edited on 12/10/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11764
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 12-10-2018 at 02:08 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
If he had a dime for every time he had a seizure and stayed down he'd have 10 cents by now. [/toosoon?]

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1021
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 12-10-2018 at 08:49 PM Edit Post
They will return.

And we will fucking love it.

FICKLE!

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 952
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 12-10-2018 at 08:51 PM Edit Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oysm8l9LhIE

So the XFL is going to be a thing again?

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11764
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 12-10-2018 at 09:12 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wickedfrost
So the XFL is going to be a thing again?

Yup. Announced at the beginning of the year.

http://oowrestling.com/OOForums/viewthread.php?tid=32783

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1096
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 12-11-2018 at 05:35 AM Edit Post
St. Louis is getting an XFL team. First the Rams and now this...

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top