The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: RUMOR CRAP 2018, Volume 4: The Un-Pre-Crappening
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3279
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 12-4-2018 at 09:15 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matte
Rumor: One day the Young Bucks will wrestle The Revival & everyone will rejoice. Remember this post.

Meh.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 12-4-2018 at 09:42 PM Edit Post
* Alexa Bliss has been cleared to return to the ring - new info on her injury says that it was a second concussion that came too soon after the first one and that it was causing her vertigo and memory loss

* in a sign that he also could be returning soon from injury down-time, Fandango is now training at TPC in Florida - welcome back, 'dango, easy warm up for you tonight, just a quick 20-second squash to AOPP

* Y2J beat up a drunk fan who tried to force his way onto the Fozzy tour bus after a gig in Canada last night; apparently the drunk roughed up a Fozzy roadie first, breaking the kid's collarbone; when Jericho found out what happened he stormed off the bus, hit the drunk with a full-force spear, and clobbered him with a flurry of punches; others then intervened and held the drunk down until the police arrived

* WWE Tribute to the Troops is being recorded today; both Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman are going to appear at the event and apparently some kind of confrontation between Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey is going to happen too; the show will be broadcast on Dec 20

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2532
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 12-5-2018 at 01:12 AM Edit Post
Jericho is in full-on “I’m the fucking man” mode these days, and it’s making me like him more than i ever have.
ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 388
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood:

posted on 12-5-2018 at 12:13 PM Edit Post
Long time hatchet-holder, Tom Billington aka Dynamite Kid has died on his 60th birthday.

I expect the briefest of nods and not much else from WWE.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7460
Registered 5-24-2004
Member Is Online

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-5-2018 at 12:50 PM Edit Post
Instead they hailed him as a cruiserweight pioneer and gave him a nice blurb.

Davey Boy should have already been inducted by now, maybe now that there wouldn’t be a chance for crotchety-ness in the induction speech they should just indict the Bulldogs together?

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4170
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 12-5-2018 at 01:12 PM Edit Post
I think it'd be in poor taste because it's well documented how much DK hated/disliked Davey Boy for taking the British Bulldog name, heading to WWE without telling him and apparently not checking on him when he got injured.

Also, according to Bret DK relentlessly bullied Davey Boy.

[Edited on 12-5-2018 by First 9]

ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 388
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood:

posted on 12-5-2018 at 03:39 PM Edit Post
By most accounts Dynamite was a bit of an asshole and not fondly remembered by his peers.
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12822
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 12-5-2018 at 04:44 PM Edit Post
I read Dynamite's autobiography, and after I finished it, I thought that he was a bitter prick - and despite having legit things to be bitter about (losing his body to a career he was very passionate about and undoubtedly a pioneer of), he was a bully and an asshole even before that. I understand why he was angry at Davey all those years, but I tend to think if he wasn't such a dick, Davey wouldn't have done what he did. That said, I saw that Harry/DBS Jr. tweeted an RIP with a picture of he and DK from last year, so I guess he did good with Davey's son.

I really enjoyed his ring work - which was tremendous and pretty damn groundbreaking, the tag team with Davey which was one of my favorites of the 80s, and how he inspired so many wrestlers I enjoyed watching (including and especially Voldemort).

RIP Tom. You were awesome to watch, disturbing to read about, but I'm glad to hear you're not in pain anymore.

[Edited on 12-5-2018 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3279
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-5-2018 at 06:18 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
I think it'd be in poor taste because it's well documented how much DK hated/disliked Davey Boy for taking the British Bulldog name, heading to WWE without telling him and apparently not checking on him when he got injured.

Also, according to Bret DK relentlessly bullied Davey Boy.

[Edited on 12-5-2018 by First 9]

No I didn’t! Fake News! SAD!!!!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-5-2018 at 09:07 PM Edit Post
That story Bruce Hart has where he was trapped in their locked-up travel van in small-town Alberta while a coked-up Dynamite, Davey, and a couple of other wrestlers were trying to get in and kick the shit out of him remains priceless. Apparently it had something to do with paycheques bouncing or being booked "wrong", in Dynamite's opinion, by Bruce when he was managing Stampede Wrestling in it's last days. Can only imagine what it looked like from inside the van, with a pack of roided-up and heavily stoned meathead wrestlers circling around trying to rip the doors off the vehicle like a bunch of rabid bears. And Bruce Hart was family to them too.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

salmonjunkie

Posts 12822
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 12-5-2018 at 11:03 PM Edit Post
Everything I've read about Bruce Hart makes him sound like quite the piece of work as well.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-6-2018 at 12:06 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
Everything I've read about Bruce Hart makes him sound like quite the piece of work as well.

True. Bruce was one of the siblings who kept bothering Bret about reconciling with WWE long before Bret actually did it. It was apparently because Bruce was under some sort of delusion that there was a lifetime job waiting there for him that Bret was blocking by being enraged about the Screwjob and what happened to Owen.

The Harts come in two varieties - the decent ones (Stu, Helen, Owen, Keith (he became a firefighter), Nattie), and Bret (most of the time, despite his big mouth episodes when he loses it and shits unmercifully off of someone in the industry that's pissed him off for whatever reason (e.g. Triple H, Seth Rollins, etc). Or they're ones that are pure carny who are always on the make for either money off of Bret's/Owen's legacies or for shot at the big circus again. Luckily as the siblings are all advanced in age now they don't make as much noise about these things as they did in the wake of the Screwjob. Just like any other family out there, I guess, some are great and some aren't worth the time of day.

* apparently the VIP Axxess meet-and-greet/autograph session with Becky Lynch on Royal Rumble weekend sold out online in only 90 seconds

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 12-6-2018 at 01:09 AM Edit Post
Monday’s RAW was the second lowest rated of all time, and the lowest rated in 23 years.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2532
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 12-6-2018 at 02:34 AM Edit Post
*in Skinner tone*

“Could we be so out of touch? No. No, it’s the fans who are wrong”

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 12-6-2018 at 03:12 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

* in a sign that he also could be returning soon from injury down-time, Fandango is now training at TPC in Florida - welcome back, 'dango, easy warm up for you tonight, just a quick 20-second squash to AOPP
The Authors Of Penis Pain?

.... Yeah, alls I gots these days is dick jokes.

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2299
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 12-6-2018 at 05:08 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Monday’s RAW was the second lowest rated of all time, and the lowest rated in 23 years.

That's 1995, Raw was running on Diesel power back then. No Bret was Champ again by December. I really wanted to be Nash. Regardless, the height of the new generation.

salmonjunkie

Posts 12822
Registered 6-25-2002

posted on 12-6-2018 at 03:52 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot

A is for Authors, O is for Other, P is for People, scratch the temple. The other P, well that's not that simple.

[Edited on 12-6-2018 by salmonjunkie]

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 12-6-2018 at 04:29 PM Edit Post
* RAW was not the only WWE show doing poorly in the ratings. This week's Smackdown also saw a historic low. Ratings were down 14% from the previous week. It was the second lowest rated Smackdown since moving to Tuesdays. Outside of Election Night, 2016 this is the lowest SmackDown audience for a first-run non-holiday episode. As some WWE apologist will point out, viewing habits are changing and there are many more entertainment options now than in the past. So, perhaps its informative to compare Smackdown's performance to other cable shows now rather than 10 or 20 years ago. Smackdown was the 10th rated show on cable. Curse of Oak Island and Below Deck scored higher ratings.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7460
Registered 5-24-2004
Member Is Online

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 12-6-2018 at 06:35 PM Edit Post
WWE has the Network now, so I'm sure they don't care all that much, unless they start seeing less people show up to the events. It is one of the things I can appreciate from whoever started the whole "paying attention to hastags" thing: a week's worth of social media information will tell you a lot more about how popular your show is than a few millions boxes in the houses of people who don't mind other people regularly knowing what they're watching (and actually still watch live TV on a daily basis). I feel like more shows should start doing that. Maybe they'd cancel fewer good shows and start cancelling the shit that's been on for 8+ seasons (looking at you Modern Family and Big Bang).

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-6-2018 at 06:43 PM Edit Post
^
^
^
apologist!
apologist!
apologist!

(just goofin')

[Edited on 12/7/2018 by Paddlefoot]

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4170
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 12-6-2018 at 07:03 PM Edit Post
Unless the shows do advertising within the show, ratings still matter more than social media activity. With that said, I don't think WWE is panicking just quite yet.

They have plenty of old part timers they could show shoehorn in, they could blow their wad and do big matches that should be saved for PPV, they could do special event RAWs but they aren't doing any of that. They're just playing it safe with pointless tag matches and the same old segments.

Back in 2012 when they hit a record low, they did CM Punk vs Vince the following week, back in 2007 they begged Shawn Michaels to come back early, now it's just business as usual. It obviously isn't good that the numbers keep going low but it seems it's not low enough to give them concerns.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6343
Registered 1-28-2013
Location A Real Shithole

Mood: Not so long along

posted on 12-6-2018 at 07:36 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
As some WWE apologist will point out...

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3279
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 12-7-2018 at 12:05 AM Edit Post
This will probably sound funny coming from me but they should probably fix Raw just by letting Rollins wrestle a 2 hour match.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7923
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 12-7-2018 at 02:12 AM Edit Post
Im guessing this

quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Pretty much everything gets poor ratings compared to say 1998. For as bad as the rating may look, the show was ninth for the night on cable, trailing NFL-related and news programming, but beating all other entertainment shows.

What is concerning is that audience dropped 19 percent from the first to third hour, one of the bigger drops in history. It included a 35 percent drop from the first to third hour amonge teenage girls.

was the basis for CC’s apologist comments. I though that was a reasonable approach, pointing out the record low should be less concerning than the drop from hours 1 to 3.

And let’s talk about current shows...

quote:
Originally posted by CChargerCurse of Oak Island and Below Deck scored higher ratings.

Higher viewers. They all had the same 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demo.

Last week SmackDown had 2.264 millions viewers. That was up from 2.150 the week before. This week it had 1.948. All 3 weeks it had a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demo.

Curse of Oak Island had 3.408 million viewers last week, and 2.914 the week before. This week it had 3.302.

Below Deck had 1.673 million viewers last week, and 1.403 the week before. This week it had 1.948. Whatever this show is, it appears to be gaining new viewers.

A couple of things...those shows are apparently popular. Good for them.

Again, all 3 shows had a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demo this week. So from an ad rate perspective, SmackDown is holding strong despite competition from Curse and Below Deck. And again...those shows are apparently popular.

Side note...all 3 shows were trumped by college basketball 3 weeks ago, but have bounced back while the last 2 weeks of college basketball has had a huge drop. This week it had a 0.3 rating in the demo.

Should ESPN be concerned? No.

Hell, in comparison ESPN had the top 3 spots on Wednesday with Spurs/Lakers, Raptors/76ers, and After The Buzzer. Those shows had 1.816, 1.643, and 1.247 million viewers.

Again...should ESPN be concerned? Actually...no. The Raptors game has got a lot of attention in Canada, and people have pointed out that the “spotlight” game last year of Warriors vs Hornets did 1.1 million viewers. So the 1.643 for Raps/76ers is seen as proof that the Raptors are no longer ratings poison in the US.

What was the point of all that?

Fans should be more concerned over whether the shows were good or not, and not so much about ratings.

Would WWE and Comcast/USA prefer higher ratings? Of course. But for fans, we should care more that SmackDown was apparently a fun show (or at least the Daniel Bryan segment was), and RAW was all kinds of terrible.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10969
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 12-7-2018 at 02:42 AM Edit Post
More importantly SD is usually better because Vince doesn't write it or, in the case of this week's RAW, apparently re-wrote the entire thing just a few hours before broadcast.

Tilting at windmills as usual, boys. As long as Vince is in total control and can do what he wants then the quality of any given RAW will always be a crap shoot at best. Nothing new about this situation at all. In fact it's all too depressingly familiar and still following a pattern that goes back for years.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top