OORick
Monkey on a Rock

Posts 4472
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: See You in Hell ;)

posted on 11-13-2018 at 12:40 AM Edit Post
RUMOR CRAP 2019, Volume 1: The Pre-Crappening

[EDIT, 12/15/18: disregard comment about how we'd only make a tiny dent in a new Rumor Crap thread with 6 weeks to go in 2018. Instead of getting 150, maybe 200 posts, you bastards are on pace to hit 500 posts, which is by no means tiny. So I've re-un-branded this thead, and it is now the 4th and final Rumor Crap of 2018. We will begin 2019 in, you know? 2019. Thank you, drive through.]

We just couldn't restrain ourselves, and with a mere 6 weeks to go before the end of 2018, we maxxed out Part 3 of the 2018 Rumor Crap...

Rather than do a very tiny Part 4, let's just treat this like car manufacturers do: the new MODEL YEAR for Rumor Crap is officially here, and the 2019s are already on sale, babay! [Hey, it's not so far fetched; after Survivor Series, all major rumors and speculation will be in regards to the Rumble and the Road to WM.]

So, just to transfer over some of the last bits of Rumor Crap from the old thread:

* Braun Strowman may or may not be in the midst of a de-push for reasons that may or may not be related to (1) injury, (2) backstage heat, or (3) simple delay for his final victory to extend the Chase and make fans even more ravenous for the pay-off... if it's #3, he's still set to be the guy who unseats Lesnar; if it's the other 2, look for the massive push of Drew McIntyre to continue and possibly involve a face turn

* WWE is being tight lipped about the pectoral injury suffered by HHH in Saudi Arabia... a standard recovery time would be 4-6 months, which mean's HHH's WrestleMania is in jeopardy (and rumors are that he was gonna fight Batista at WM)... but John Cena once returned from the same injury in 3 months, so who knows? [it's expected that Batista wants to do his final run next year and not punt it for another year, so if HHH can't do it, assume Randy Orton in his place]

* Alexa Bliss is out indefinitely with lingering concussion issues

And a fun new tidbit:

* The Mixed Match Challenge now has ACTUAL STAKES.... the finals of the mixed-tag mini-series will take place at the TLC PPV, and as of today, the winning team will receive the pair of #30 entries into their respective Rumble matches... the existence of "super teams" like AJ/Charlotte and Miz/Asuka (and, to a lesser extent, Braun/Ember, which would have been Braun/Alexa if not for Bliss' injury) makes this a genuinely intriguing development... even more intriguing would be if the finals is granted either a T, L, or TLC gimmick...

Continue about your business of Crappening!

[Edited on 12-15-2018 by OORick]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4270
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-13-2018 at 01:18 AM Edit Post
So AJ Styles seems almost guaranteed to break Punk's record and become the longest reigning WWE Champion since Hogan.

I feel it's kind of weird there's been zero fanfare so far. No rumors about WWE holding it off until WM, no speculation about who'll end his Title reign, maybe just maybe having main event WM.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3300
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: PeriwinkleBlue

posted on 11-13-2018 at 03:45 AM Edit Post
...Whoa. So this is the future? I was hoping for something less... I dunno... less rumorcrappy, maybe?

(Sorry. I'm jus' bein' silleh. Continue along with the regularly scheduled crappenings.)

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:19 PM Edit Post
Here's a hot rumour that is drizzling in dumb, and I'm going to take an entire shaker of salt (and bottle of tequila) to take Dave Meltzer seriously on this one, but it's out there...

Apparently there is talk that Charlotte will INTENTIONALLY help Becky win on Sunday to setup the Horsewomen vs Horsewomen feud. Which will ofcourse lead to Charlotte vs Ronda at Mania.

If so...I guess Becky and Flair's blood feud was more of a spat.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4270
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:32 PM Edit Post
Are the other two MMA four horsewomen ring-ready? Besides being Shayna's hanger ons, what else have they done?
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11076
Registered 1-19-2008
Location put in my place, again

Mood: dooooonnn't care!

posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:49 PM Edit Post
It's a great rumour. I still think that something conspicuous happened last night on RAW because to me it looked like Charlotte had instructed the SD roster to stay away from Sasha and Bayley when they went after the other RAW women - the IcOOnics wandered over to Bayley laid out on the mat but did nothing to her, and no one touched Sasha all crumpled up in the other corner of the ringside either. And S&B have no real reason right now to be loyal to RAW anyway given that petty stab in the back that Alexa pulled on them last night. Wheels are, like, in motion, and the men's side of the show could only wish that they're doing anything right now that's even half as compelling and fun as what they ladies are being allowed to do.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Y'know, families really do absolutely fucking suck. They're the true source of everything that fucks up someone's life. Would have been better off to have been born into a vat and raised by a government robot.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 11-13-2018 at 08:53 PM Edit Post
Per Sean Ross Sapp from Fightful.com on Twitter, he's been told by two sources that Becky vs. Ronda is OFF the Survivor Series card on Sunday due to Becky's broken nose and a black eye that she got during the closing segment, as well as possibly also a concussion. None of this is confirmed yet, though, and he also seemed to not even wanna post it due to how things of this nature can change.

God, I really hope this is just a rumor. Becky's on the biggest hot-streak of her career and this was one of the most-anticipated matches on the card.

[Edited on 11-13-2018 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11076
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-13-2018 at 09:09 PM Edit Post
Yeah, the other dirt sheets are covering it too now. What a bummer.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Y'know, families really do absolutely fucking suck. They're the true source of everything that fucks up someone's life. Would have been better off to have been born into a vat and raised by a government robot.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4270
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-13-2018 at 09:28 PM Edit Post
Best Case Scenario

Becky stays ring ready and they work this into her match so she can save some face if she loses to Ronda,

But realistically if she got concussed, she's probably be benched for a couple of weeks. Don't think it'd ruin her momentum but would still suck.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11076
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-13-2018 at 09:50 PM Edit Post
Does Dwayne Johnson have any other particularly inept, lazy, and sloppy cousins out there in need of a push? This like seriously ruined my entire fucking day. #ThanksNia

[Edited on 11/13/2018 by Paddlefoot]

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2524
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-13-2018 at 09:50 PM Edit Post
As much as it definitely sucks in the short term, taking away the marquee match from the PPV, it also leaves Becky/Ronda as an undone dream match for down the line that the company's already gotten people hyped for.

Becky could also cut an awesome promo implying that the company is intentionally sidelining her to protect their golden goose after Becky showed she can beat the hell out of her.

[Edited on 11-13-2018 by GodEatGod]

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9123
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-13-2018 at 10:00 PM Edit Post
Fuck.

Going to Survivor Series and that was one I was really looking forward to.

Don't Mess With Texas

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 11-13-2018 at 10:16 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
As much as it definitely sucks in the short term, taking away the marquee match from the PPV, it also leaves Becky/Ronda as an undone dream match for down the line that the company's already gotten people hyped for.

Becky could also cut an awesome promo implying that the company is intentionally sidelining her to protect their golden goose after Becky showed she can beat the hell out of her.

[Edited on 11-13-2018 by GodEatGod]

This would be the best course to take, similar to what happened when Austin broke his neck and he cut promos stating that he was fine and he wanted to fight, but the powers-that-be wouldn't clear him.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 11-13-2018 at 10:23 PM Edit Post
https://twitter.com/reverseiris/status/1062451952452198401

Alright, that wasn't an errant elbow as I was originally told, that was a straight-up strike. You can actually hear the connection. No idea if Becky accidentally stiffed Nia and that was Nia giving her a receipt, but that was a full swing, no pulling on it or anything. Nia looks like she knew what was doing.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11076
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-13-2018 at 10:39 PM Edit Post
What a fucking idiot. If Big Cass got in major shit for booting a midget around without permission (but at least not hurting the little guy) then Nia should get fucking suspended or something for possibly wrecking the hottest angle they've had since the rise of Daniel Bryan. That bitch is a fucking self-serving menace.

[Edited on 11/13/2018 by Paddlefoot]

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 11-13-2018 at 11:08 PM Edit Post
Nia Jax has the reputation of being a sloppy worker for a good reason. Because she is sloppy. But if this was a legit intentional hit on Becky like it appears to be, and not just circumstances being circumstances, forget about sending her back to the Performance Center. Fire her, because there's no place for that shit on the main roster, with how easy it is to get seriously hurt even when everyone's being careful to work a safer style nowadays.

Regardless of reason for that strike, Becky's still one of the hottest acts in the WWE right now and now a major match between two of the WWE's golden girls is in serious jeopardy because of Nia. The whole idea is to protect your opponent, and if you can't do that and will intentionally try to hurt someone, you shouldn't be in the business.

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 11-13-2018 at 11:39 PM Edit Post
Welp:

https://pwinsider.com/article/121726/becky-lynch-off-survivor-series-ppv.html?p=1

quote:
If you were excited for Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey this Sunday at the Survivor Series PPV, the match will not be taking place.

During last night's Raw closing fracas, Lynch suffered a broken nose and a concussion when she was struck with a hard right hand by Nia Jax that knocked Lynch to the mat. The strike was not broadcast on television last night. Lynch was evaluated by WWE doctors today and is not expected to be cleared by Sunday. The news was first reported by Fightful.com.

PWInsider.com has independently confirmed their report and is told that WWE is mulling over several possibilities for tonight's Smackdown taping, including a scenario where Lynch would quickly drop the title to someone else, who would then go on to face Rousey at the Survivor Series this Sunday. The timing of the injury is obviously terrible for not just the PPV but Lynch's current push.

The most natural choice would be Charlotte Flair, but that would mean the company is rushing through a potential Wrestlemania match. There have been pitches over the course of the afternoon for other potential names to face Rousey, but we have not heard there was a definitive choice made as of a half hour ago. Mandy Rose and one of the IIconics have also been tossed around as potential ideas for Rousey at the PPV.

WWE has not officially announced the injury and did not respond, as of this writing, to a PWInsider.com request for comment.

Gonna have to see which direction they take from here tonight, but it seems all but official now that we're not getting this match on Sunday. For fucks sake, Nia.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4270
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 12:02 AM Edit Post
Women's division is having a string a bad luck. First the knock out kicks from Brie and now Nia flat out went for a stiff punch/forearm.
anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 11-14-2018 at 12:05 AM Edit Post
And like Rick says in the first post, Alexa is out for the foreseeable future due to concussions. So yeah, not a good run right now.

mistabinks
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 68
Registered 8-29-2003
Location Glory Road - El Paso, TX

Mood: doing swell

posted on 11-14-2018 at 12:36 AM Edit Post
Save Rousey vs Lynch for the main event of WM.
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3300
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: PeriwinkleBlue

posted on 11-14-2018 at 12:52 AM Edit Post
Can we make Fia (Fiya?) Nia a chant that will happen? Pleeaaase? As stated above, there is no excuse for intentionally potatoeing somebody in this day & age, especially in the Biggest Pro-Wres.... Er... Sports Entertainment Company on the scene.
the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7829
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:38 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by anglefan85
PWInsider.com has independently confirmed their report and is told that WWE is mulling over several possibilities for tonight's Smackdown taping, including a scenario where Lynch would quickly drop the title to someone else, who would then go on to face Rousey at the Survivor Series this Sunday.

The only reason Becky would need to drop the title tonight is if the WWE is deadset on doing the RAW women's champion vs the Smackdown women's champion at Survivor Series. But fuck, I hope it doesn't come down to that (not to mention Becky dropping the title in quick fashion would be completely shit on by the live crowd).

I think they should just scrap the whole thing and have Ronda come out and cut a traditional "my scheduled opponent wasn't cleared to wrestle, so this is an open challenge to anyone in the locker room" promo at Survivor Series. Hell, why not let Asuka come out and take Ronda to the limit before inevitably tapping out?

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2524
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:38 AM Edit Post
quote:
And like Rick says in the first post, Alexa is out for the foreseeable future due to concussions. So yeah, not a good run right now.

My guess is that RAW loses the multi-man on Sunday, so Baron gets fired as GM and replaced with Alexa.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6443
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Peninsula del pinga

Mood: Pumpkinheaded dipshit

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:48 AM Edit Post
quote:
https://twitter.com/reverseiris/status/1062451952452198401

Alright, that wasn't an errant elbow as I was originally told, that was a straight-up strike. You can actually hear the connection. No idea if Becky accidentally stiffed Nia and that was Nia giving her a receipt, but that was a full swing, no pulling on it or anything. Nia looks like she knew what was doing.

Yeah, holy shit by the description I was expecting just an errant jab but that was a full on Samoan chubtard strength, proper hip-swivel with follow through fucking Hawaiian PUNCH. I get that it's just a blurry snippet but it looks like Nia totally lost her composure and forgot that she's not fighting for real.

Obvious speculation here, but maybe Roman being there and the Rock cousin angle kept her protected somewhat, but with the former now gone and the latter not really involved anymore and that Paige movie long in the can, it's probably a good time for them to part ways with Nia. There's far more talented big girls out there on the horizon and, IIRC, some at the performance center now to keep risking the other gal's safety to let shit like this keep happening. And now it's cost them Rousey/Lynch. What happens when Nia gets a hold of Sasha one day, who's known for taking sloppy risks herself on occasion, and Nia sloppy-tosses her over the ropes in a way that Sasha gets spiked into the floor head first?

I wonder if they could do an injury angle tonight and have Ronda's 4 Horsewomen tune Becky up? Problem is, a lot of folks don't know who Jessamyn Duke or Marina Shafir are. Other than the latter being married to Rodderick Strong and the former having some, uh, interesting internet pics floating out there.

I guess Charlotte could do the deed to take Bex out, for reasons!, and they could punt the reformation of HER 4 Horsewomen until closer to WM?

And if Bex truly can't go and they need Lady Champeen vs. Lady Champeen, then why not go with Ronda vs. Shayna? Problem Is 2: No Good Answer Boogaloo, Shayna would be pulling double duty with her 2 out of 3 falls match happening the night before at Wargames.

What a danged pickle.

[Edited on 11-14-2018 by janerd75]

“A wise man once told me, never turn your back on someone you respect, or that you’re afraid of.” - Jake The Snake

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7945
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 11-14-2018 at 01:55 AM Edit Post
You know who would be a good pick IF the WWE has to take the title off Becky for stupid reasons? Asuka.

It'd rebuild Asuka and you could do it in a way that borrows off Becky's sympathetic nature / makes Asuka a heel. Hell, use MizTV to set it up and have Miz distract Becks to give his MMC partner the gold.

Better yet...

Just keep the title on Becky. If she's not cleared in a couple of weeks or closer to TLC, than take the title off her. But doing so to have a meaningless Champ vs Champ match is pointless.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top