The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EVENT DISCUSSION: WWE Dirrrty Money in the Desert (November 2, 2018)
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-2-2018 at 06:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187Fuck you for saying this is good television.

Pretty sure that the last time anyone around here cheered for Lesnar was when Goldberg returned. And they were in the minority then too.

I’m referring to their defense of the product in general

gbdulaney
rOOkie

Posts 42
Registered 2-21-2013
Location Mississippi State Univ.

Mood:

posted on 11-2-2018 at 06:54 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....Shane O'mac is the best in the world????

When if you can, lose if you must, always cheat - Jesse The Body Ventura

Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 951
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 11-2-2018 at 06:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gbdulaney
just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....Shane O'mac is the best in the world????

This. Probably 100 other options to go with here and they choose this.

To add: Most of the talent came out despite the potential long term impact it may have on their lives and livelihoods. Maybe Miz was scheduled to win that match - but it's not like Ziggler couldn't run with that ball. Whose fucking cornflakes has he pissed in.

[Edited on 11-2-2018 by Wickedfrost]

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 11-2-2018 at 06:58 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187

Can't condemn all of it just because some of it is crap. That's unfair to the performers who are trying hard to do the best show they can despite Vince's stupid ideas and priorities kicking them in the back of the leg when they actually get running with something good. When Bork comes on RAW I'll shut it off or mute it. When Rollins, Dean, Sasha, or McIntyre are on I'll watch it. That's really all I can do.

quote:

Sigh. What a crappy day.

[Edited on 11/2/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-2-2018 at 07:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
quote:

Can't condemn all of it just because some of it is crap. That's unfair to the performers who are trying hard to do the best show they can despite Vince's stupid ideas and priorities kicking them in the back of the leg when they actually get running with something good. When Bork comes on RAW I'll shut it off or mute it. When Rollins, Dean, Sasha, or McIntyre are on I'll watch it. That's really all I can do.

quote:

Sigh. What a crappy day.

Point taken, mate.

Edit: Just read about Shane winning a tournament he wasn’t even in. How very WCW.

Nah, sorry, back to what I said originally.

Fuck you if you think this is good television.

[Edited on 11-2-2018 by CamstunPWG187]

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4112
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 11-2-2018 at 07:02 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

You know what? Fuck it, Shane is bound to get another WM match and WWE will want him to present as a legitimate top guy. Have him get a strong showing ere in this meaningless show and then get clobbered at Survivor Series and WM.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6273
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-2-2018 at 07:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
In maybe not-so-inadvertent MetaWWE news, it kinda makes sense that a McMahon with this theme song would close out the show.

ETA: Oh right, I forgot about the old dudes.

Carny folk. Carny folk never change.

[Edited on 11-2-2018 by janerd75]

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

gbdulaney
rOOkie

Posts 42
Registered 2-21-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-2-2018 at 07:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
quote:

You know what? Fuck it, Shane is bound to get another WM match and WWE will want him to present as a legitimate top guy. Have him get a strong showing ere in this meaningless show and then get clobbered at Survivor Series and WM.

I'm surprised it wasn't Vince winning honestly!

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 11-2-2018 at 07:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
WWE making the show so bad that SA won’t want them back.
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-2-2018 at 07:35 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
BAH GAWD! That's almost 300 lbs on the hoof, King!

There's probably not going to be enough alcohol on the airliners back home to help the talent emotionally get over what they had to do for this show.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6273
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Mans n' Cans™

posted on 11-2-2018 at 08:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
That Haitch-Taker sequence was positively Steiner-esque in its execution. What a maneuver.

In conclusion, I believe this event can be summed up thusly:

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America you’re going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8973
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-2-2018 at 08:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Just immediately booking Aj vs Lesnar again IMMEDIATELY.

Bleh

In fairness, Survivor Series is champ vs. champ so the match was set, all that was missing was the name of the Universal Champion.

Don't Mess With Texas

gbdulaney
rOOkie

Posts 42
Registered 2-21-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-2-2018 at 08:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
That Haitch-Taker sequence was positively Steiner-esque in its execution. What a maneuver.

In conclusion, I believe this event can be summed up thusly:

AMEN!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 11-2-2018 at 08:31 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Maybe the Saudis will include a 200-round artillery strike on a Yemeni hospital as part of the fireworks or toss a dozen gays off a ten-storey building to celebrate the end of the show.

Planet Starbucks
And I am AWESOME

Posts 117
Registered 1-28-2013
Location England

Mood: Medicated

posted on 11-2-2018 at 09:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm dumbfounded by Braun's booking this past year. When his push first started, he certainly wasn't an internet favourite and seemed to be just another big man who gave Vince a boner despite limited talent.

But then he formed a connection, improved a lot and got seriously over with the fans. I assumed Vince would be salivating and scrambling to put the belt on him - finally somebody he had chosen himself had been embraced by the ungrateful masses!

Instead, he has systematically cooled him off by jobbing him out in big matches and turning him heel to continue feeding project Roman. Now he's significantly less over and his pops have noticeably reduced. I just don't get it. He's not really one of my guys, but if he's not the best candidate (of the full timers) in Vince's mind to step in to Roman's spot then I don't know who is. These days I honestly cannot even begin to predict the direction that Vince wants to take moving forward.

quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
If you want a vision of the WWE's future, imagine an overpushed Samoan stamping on a human face - forever. George Orwell, 2016 (sequel to 1984)

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3279
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 11-2-2018 at 09:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Y'know how, sometimes, you have to divorce the artist from their artwork? E.g. Michael Jackson did some awesome tunes, but was weird (among other things)?

The WWE is a case of divorcing the art from the artists. I like a lot of the performers and what they CAN do, I just end up hating what "Booking" -makes- them do.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7443
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 11-2-2018 at 10:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So here's a question: is Lashley/Lesnar even a possibility at this point? I know that Brock is all "OMG FORMER UFC CHAMP~!" and all, but Lashley is probably a better fighter. I mean, yeah, Brock had the stomach issues and all, but he also had all of 5 wins, one of which was against a guy that specifically existed to showcase new fighters in Japan. And two of those were against fighters in their prime (Carwin and Mir). Lashley doesn't have any real name opponents, but he beat them all pretty easily and the few fights I saw of him he seemed to improve everytime and be good at everything. Maybe if Lesnar beats DC, they can have him fight Bobby Lashley for both titles?

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 810
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 11-2-2018 at 10:24 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don’t know how to share an image but there was a sign in the crowd that said “We murdered a journalist and all we got was Crown Jewel” with a picture of a Saudi ripping off a shirt. Wow.
First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4112
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 11-2-2018 at 10:40 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Planet Starbucks
I'm dumbfounded by Braun's booking this past year. When his push first started, he certainly wasn't an internet favourite and seemed to be just another big man who gave Vince a boner despite limited talent.

But then he formed a connection, improved a lot and got seriously over with the fans. I assumed Vince would be salivating and scrambling to put the belt on him - finally somebody he had chosen himself had been embraced by the ungrateful masses!

Instead, he has systematically cooled him off by jobbing him out in big matches and turning him heel to continue feeding project Roman. Now he's significantly less over and his pops have noticeably reduced. I just don't get it. He's not really one of my guys, but if he's not the best candidate (of the full timers) in Vince's mind to step in to Roman's spot then I don't know who is. These days I honestly cannot even begin to predict the direction that Vince wants to take moving forward.

It's actually kind of fascinating for me because I don't remember the last time they cooled off on such an ideal ''Vince guy''. Kane and Big Show were fed to much bigger stars, Lashley had backstage issues, Ryback sucked, Sheamus was over but not top guy over, but Braun Strowman became the most over guy in the company and WWE slowly but surely took away his mystique.

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7692
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 11-3-2018 at 02:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I just finished watching the show with my finger pretty heavily on the fast-forward button, but it seems like it was the same glorified house show that Greatest Royal Rumble/Super Show-Down were. Random thoughts:

-The Shane thing was just baffling. In addition to making zero sense, it was a total heel move that the babyface GM of Smackdown shouldn't be making (unless this somehow leads to a Shane heel turn, but I kind of doubt it if there's going to be a RAW vs Smackdown match at Survivor Series). And Jesus, you have Ziggler beat Angle and Rollins, which is pretty huge for him, and then lose to Shane fucking McMahon in the finals? The only consolation I can take from that is that winning the world cup tournament probably would have done as much for Ziggler as winning the Greatest Royal Rumble did for Braun Strowman.

-Speaking of Strowman, I actually don't have a major problem with how he was booked, just because he's pretty bulletproof at this point and he clearly got screwed over before the bell even rang for the match. The bigger issue is that he's now something like 0-5 lifetime in PPV matches for the Universal title, so at this point it's just going to seem anti-climatic if/when he does win it, just because he's had so many chances. And Brock Lesnar has to be the smartest man in wrestling, as three of his matches in the past two years have lasted about five minutes or less and he probably made a gazillion dollars from them.

-So with AJ's victory and the announcement of AJ/Brock for Survivor Series, that means he's holding the belt until at least December. Per Wikipedia, he needs 75 more days as champion to beat CM Punk's reign, so if he holds the belt until the Rumble, he'll do it. And everyone else's mileage may very, but I'm pretty psyched for AJ/Brock II.

-After the initial shock of seeing Shawn Michaels wrestle while bald, I don't hate it. The guy is 53 and has been covering up his baldness in way one or another for years...it was time to let it go. And I thought he looked about as good as could be expected, so I'm curious to see what he could do against someone who's not Taker/Kane.

-For what it's worth, I went 2-9 on my predictions.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8973
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 11-3-2018 at 02:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Triple HHH is reported by wwe.com to have suffered a torn pectoral muscle.

Ouch.

Don't Mess With Texas

Ortonmustdie
Fella

Posts 364
Registered 6-30-2008

Mood: Plotting

posted on 11-3-2018 at 04:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Shawn-luc Picard did well, but you can definitely tell he hasn't really done much cardio lately.
ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 379
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood:

posted on 11-3-2018 at 11:25 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
Triple HHH is reported by wwe.com to have suffered a torn pectoral muscle.

Ouch.

Oh noes, that probably puts him out of action well past Mania. What ever will we do without old man Helmsley taking up a large portion of it?

Unless he harvests some of Cenas stem cells, in which case he will win the rumble. Again.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3213
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-3-2018 at 12:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
God damn some of you guys take this nonsense too seriously. I watched it last night, laughed at how awkward a lot of it was and enjoyed a few hours of TV. I’m glad Shane won. It was unexpected, funny, and clearly pissed off enough of you who act like cunts about how other people chose to be entertained. I hope Shane wins 10 pay per view matches in a row now just to piss off this group of fan cunts.

TLDR: take a few hours to stop jerking off on your Kenny Omega action figure and jam it in your own ass if you’re going to shit on what other people find fun just to be a cunt. I liked it. I don’t give a fuck. Get bent.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4112
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 11-3-2018 at 12:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Is DK following DX's lead and also going old school by turning into 2009 DK Broiler?
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top