The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Premature WM Speculation Thread
GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2008
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 10-18-2018 at 02:50 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Premature WM Speculation Thread

Hey, we're only six months away! But seriously, I was bored waiting for an appointment with my kid this afternoon without my phone and I contemplated next year's WM card. These would be my best guesses as of nowish. Yeah, I'm imagining a couple of title changes between now and then.

Universal Title - Roman (c) vs. Seth vs. Dean
WWE Title - Miz (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (Rumble Winner)
US title - Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas
IC Title - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
RAW Women's Title - Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Charlotte (Rumble Winner)
Smackdown Women's Title - Becky Lynch (c) vs Asuka
RAW tag - who cares? I guess Revival vs. AoP
Smackdown tag - Bar vs. Usos vs. Sanity vs. New Day in the annual tag team schmozz match
Batista vs. HHH
Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
Kurt Angle vs. Braun Strowman
Bellas vs. Bayley/Sasha
Cruiserweight Title - Buddy Murphy vs. Mustafa Ali
Rusev vs. Nakamura
Andre Battle Royal - Lars Sullivan wins
Women's Battle Royal - Rhea Ripley wins

I'd be surprised if half of it actually happens, but guessing's part of the fun.

[Edited on 10-18-2018 by GodEatGod]

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4354
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Medium well

posted on 10-19-2018 at 12:55 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Early reports suggests that Shawn Michaels will face HHH at Mania. However, other rumors suggest a Michaels-Styles "dream match".

This will be - what? - five Wrestlemania's in a row that Roman Reigns has main evented? Is that a record?

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

bigfatgoalie
The Man

Posts 7203
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 10-19-2018 at 03:26 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If Reigns is in the last match of Mania, he may have a claim to matching Hoganís record.

It kind of depends on a) what record Hogan has b) if Hogan actually has the record.

Hogan main evented Mania 1-3, and then 5-9. You could make a case that the draw of Mania IV was the Hogan vs Andre match, or that Hogan being in Savageís corner includes him in the Mania IV main event. So a case can be made for Hogan having a record of 5 or 9 main events, depending on what you call a main event. If the Last Match is the qualifier, itís probably just five.

If that is what you take as Hoganís record, you next have to decide if you count Triple H vs Booker T as a Main Event using the World Tile match qualifier. If so Trips had a streak of 5 from X-8 to 22, matching Hoganís five.

If that counts than Trips is put to shame by Cenaís streak of Mania title matches / last show of the night from 21 to 29.

So either:

A) Roman ties Hogan
B) Roman is four behind Cena
C) Roman is four behind Hogan and Cena

Also...are we sure Rhonda vs Charlotte doesnít go on last?

[Edited on 10-19-2018 by bigfatgoalie]

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7083
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-19-2018 at 05:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I think that Bryan/Miz for the WWE title is the only thing that seems like a lock at this point (though I've heard the Michaels/AJ rumors and that definitely makes sense as next year's workrate/dream match on the card, assuming Michaels can still go at a decent level).

As for who Roman faces, I have zero idea at this point since there really aren't any viable WrestleMania contenders currently on RAW once his feud with Strowman is over. I think the Shield triple threat match is a good idea, but can they stretch that out for another six months?

Also, WrestleMania is kind of like Christmas in how fast it always comes around. I feel like this year's WrestleMania was still fairly recent, yet he we are already halfway to the next one (and only three months from the Rumble).

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2008
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 10-19-2018 at 06:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
As for who Roman faces, I have zero idea at this point since there really aren't any viable WrestleMania contenders currently on RAW once his feud with Strowman is over. I think the Shield triple threat match is a good idea, but can they stretch that out for another six months?

Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon's feud lasted from Summerslam last year to WM. Was it always good? Oh god no, in fact, it was often a terrible rivalry that made nobody look good. But they DID stretch it out.

If they can hold the Shield together until late December or close to the Rumble, then maybe have Ambrose vs. Seth for #1 contender end in a no contest (as annoying as no contests are) at Roadblock or Last Stop or whatever the fuck the between PPV is, things should be at a nice boil in time for WM.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

SpiNNeR72
Showstopper

Posts 845
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 10-19-2018 at 08:42 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
Early reports suggests that Shawn Michaels will face HHH at Mania. However, other rumors suggest a Michaels-Styles "dream match".

I guess this will depend on how Michaels feels when he's had a couple of maches, but he is on record as saying he only wanted to come back for the likes of Taker/HHH as he can't "go" with the young guys and doesn't want to disappoint.

A shield showdown is a great way to have a match where Reigns isn't the sole focus.

I think there is a very strong possibility of Charlotte/Rousey closing the show.

Jazzman
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1155
Registered 3-10-2003
Location Worldwide

Mood: About to change

posted on 10-19-2018 at 07:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
With the exception of Bryan winning the Rumble and going after Reigns, I can think of nothing remotely as appealing for Roman at WM than a Shield 3-way.

I guess this counts as a sig.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8383
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 10-19-2018 at 09:16 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
The only thing possibly preventing a Shield triple threat for the Universal Championship at WM is one of the 3 getting injured and being out of commission for the event.

Don't Mess With Texas

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2491
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 10-19-2018 at 09:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
US title - Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas

As what seems to be one of the only remaining Rey-marks on the board I supremely support this idea. There is nothing WWE loves more then using Rey to elevate whoever the newest hispanic star is and Almas is fantastic. Give me a Rey/Nakamura feud for a few months then eventually Rey/Almas for mania. Unfortunately, the secondary titles tend to be multiman matches so it'll probably be Rey vs. Joe vs. Almas vs. Orton. Which come to think of it could be fine too.

OO's only mammal penguin

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4355
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Antonio Cueto's Temple

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 10-19-2018 at 11:04 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I guess I haven't read the news or rumours in a long time as this is the first I've heard of Shawn Michaels coming back to wrestling. Has he already had a match, does he have a confirmed date booked, or is this just some fake Meltzer bullshit?

I echo Spinner's sentiments. If we get Rousey vs. Flair, I think it'll be the main event. It'll be most star-studded match on the card and the most anticipated feud out of the bunch.

I'm also a Rey Mysterio Jr. mark and I'd love to see Mysterio vs. Almas, but I don't think it's possible as Mysterio is currently locked away in a dungeon somewhere in Boyle Heights.

"Love is making out with someone after you've blown a load on his/her face." - Dan Savage

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8383
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 10-19-2018 at 11:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slade
I guess I haven't read the news or rumours in a long time as this is the first I've heard of Shawn Michaels coming back to wrestling. Has he already had a match, does he have a confirmed date booked, or is this just some fake Meltzer bullshit?

Linky

Don't Mess With Texas

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4354
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 10-20-2018 at 03:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
16 Man Tag Team Elimination Match

Degeneration X
(HHH, Shawn Michaels, X Pac, Road Dogg)

Vs.
Balor Club
(Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson)

Vs.

Bullet Club
(Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, Young Bucks)

Vs.
The Shield w/Braun Strowman
(Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman)

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7083
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 10-20-2018 at 04:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jazzman
With the exception of Bryan winning the Rumble and going after Reigns

I hadn't considered this possibility (and I 99.9% doubt it happens), but damn, I would be totally okay with this. And unless I'm totally misremembering, didn't Roman say something to the effect of "if you want to see me work heel, put me in the ring with Daniel Bryan" when Bryan came back earlier in the year?

Shit, I think Roman/Bryan is the WrestleMania match I didn't know I wanted!

Nash is only a few inches bigger than JBL and depending on how stiff he gets Punk should be able to take it. -JB King, meant in a totally non-sexual way

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4289
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-20-2018 at 06:18 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It would be awesome to see Bryan and Reigns fight for the title at WM provided the WWE does it straight up; but given how often they go out of their way to protect Reigns it just strikes me as an odd match up for them to go with (if they did I mean)... I mean the tepid attempts to avoid seeing the face of their company booed out of the building night after night, or the forced heel turn that wouldn't work with Bryan... It's just maddening to think about as talk about a potential great match that would probably be derailed en route by the WWE trying to book it on their terms, instead of letting it happen.

Then again; the WWE is so slick with their recap videos that they could probably ministry of truth that thing into looking so awesome that you'd forget the prior two months right before the match.

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4355
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 10-20-2018 at 04:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Thanks, Williamssl. I guess Saudi oil money can make anything happen. Although, you have got to think that WWE will get a pretty bad rap for doing business since that 'fist fight' broke out at the Saudi Embassy in Istanbul. That's not to suggest the company doesn't deserve to get lambasted for having done business with the House of Saud already.

quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
16 Man Tag Team Elimination Match

Degeneration X
(HHH, Shawn Michaels, X Pac, Road Dogg)

Vs.
Balor Club
(Finn Balor, AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson)

Vs.

Bullet Club
(Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, Young Bucks)

Vs.
The Shield w/Braun Strowman
(Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman)

You'd have to do a hell of a lot of work to rehabilitate the image of Gallows and Anderson so they could be in a match like this, as they're pretty much cannon fodder at this point.

[Edited on 10-20-2018 by Slade]

"Love is making out with someone after you've blown a load on his/her face." - Dan Savage

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4355
Registered 11-10-2002

posted on 10-20-2018 at 04:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I've deleted this post as I accidentally quoted my previous post when I meant to edit it.

[Edited on 10-20-2018 by Slade]

TexShark300
The Rowdy One

Posts 2400
Registered 12-7-2005
Location West Texas

Mood: I Will Do Better

posted on 10-21-2018 at 07:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
quote:
Originally posted by Jazzman
With the exception of Bryan winning the Rumble and going after Reigns

I hadn't considered this possibility (and I 99.9% doubt it happens), but damn, I would be totally okay with this. And unless I'm totally misremembering, didn't Roman say something to the effect of "if you want to see me work heel, put me in the ring with Daniel Bryan" when Bryan came back earlier in the year?

Shit, I think Roman/Bryan is the WrestleMania match I didn't know I wanted!

Their Post-Rumble/Pre-WM PPV match from a few year ago (Roadblock? Fastlane?) was really solid, and Roman has improved since then. Sign me up for round 2.

OOWF Historian

Life is about choices. You can choose to have a Good Attitude or you can choose to have a Bad Attitude.
- Msgt Hal D. Aaron
1953-2007

House watches TNA. He goes bowling. I Knew I liked that show for a reason.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member This User Has MSN Messenger   TexShark300 's Yahoo
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8383
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 10-23-2018 at 03:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl
The only thing possibly preventing a Shield triple threat for the Universal Championship at WM is one of the 3 getting injured and being out of commission for the event.

Can I get a ruling on cancer being an injury?

Whatís that? You say it doesnít count?

Iím bad at this thread.

Don't Mess With Texas

CCharger
The Immortal One

Posts 4354
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 10-23-2018 at 05:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Soooo...

I'm thinking Bone Marrow On A Pole Match at Wrestlemania?

What?

Too soon?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top