The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Red Dead Redemption 2
anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 8-9-2018 at 04:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Red Dead Redemption 2

Well, there's my Game of the Year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2335
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 8-9-2018 at 08:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just incredible
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 684
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 8-15-2018 at 07:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Been waiting for this for almost a decade. Problem is, 6 weeks before this comes out, Dragon Quest XI comes out and Iíve been waiting on that for 14 years. But I guess 6 weeks might be plenty of time.
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 9-20-2018 at 08:13 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So first we get the Bat-Cock this week, and now this:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/red-dead-redemption-2-horse-testicles

I'm sold now; there is literally not a better reason to buy this game now

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 9-20-2018 at 11:06 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
So first we get the Bat-Cock this week, and now this:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/red-dead-redemption-2-horse-testicles

I'm sold now; there is literally not a better reason to buy this game now

Imagine being part of the team that worked on that, and when you're asked what you did at work that day, you have to respond that you worked on a game mechanic that changes the size of a horse's sac based on its environment.

[Edited on 9-20-2018 by anglefan85]

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 9-21-2018 at 01:47 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Truly a monument should be built to those people...

I wonder how much study went into this... like were they sent on a field trip to photograph and test horse testies in various weather? Was a horse brought into the office? Did they just spend months watching horse dick videos online?

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 9-21-2018 at 02:12 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This game has gone full Thundegun Express: weíre all just waiting to go play this because the horse totally hangs dong. Also because itíll likely wind up being one of the best games of the past three years or so, but also the dong.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 9-21-2018 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It's funny, but in a serious round about way the whole horse dong thing (let's also not forget that they will be pooping in the game too) actually makes me feel pretty good about the game in a serious way because unless the higher ups at Rockstar just have some now no longer secret fetish you don't put that kind of stuff, or pay attention to that stuff in your game unless you're about to unload something truly epic onto your paying crowd (fetish sex professionals excluded)....

I mean how big of a joke would RDR go down in the history of gaming if the game was a 2 hour play through with a meh storyline and they put that much work into the little stuff? If they are doing that much work on the little things, then you've just got to know they probably checked a lot of other boxes along the way towards making a great game.

Here's hoping...

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1582
Registered 12-6-2005

posted on 10-1-2018 at 02:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Gameplay, part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-tlY6ytk8

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-26-2018 at 08:08 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Just started playing this as I had it downloaded and ready to go for 12:01am and thus far it's very snowy... First half hour seems to be tutorial mostly... No sign of horse testes yet, but it's pretty cold.
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 684
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 10-27-2018 at 01:16 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, this game is so pretty. Kinda bummed that weíre playing a villain in a villainous gang but still have the honor system thing going on. Kinda weird to offer someone mercy after robbing and killing for apparently 20 years, but whatevs.
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-27-2018 at 07:43 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Given that the first 45 minutes or so of the game was pretty heavy on tutorial I'm thinking that there's probably a bigger character arc; but yeah there does seem to be a couple of forced points where you wonder if later in the game they'll come back and say you killed so and so, or you spared so and so, now deal with the consequences.

It's been eight years so I can't quite remember but it seems like they really doubled down on a lot of RPG elements; like needing sleep, food (which looks like it could be hilarious as some of the stats reference being over weight), and various other stats you have to maintain... Like I just got a prompt saying my horse is dirty and if I don't clean him then he'll lose stamina faster.

Still, it almost feels like meeting up with an old friend again as it's spot on to RDR and just taken to a bigger and more evolved game experience evolution.

Is it wrong that I'm constantly checking my horses balls?

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 684
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 10-27-2018 at 11:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
Given that the first 45 minutes or so of the game was pretty heavy on tutorial I'm thinking that there's probably a bigger character arc; but yeah there does seem to be a couple of forced points where you wonder if later in the game they'll come back and say you killed so and so, or you spared so and so, now deal with the consequences.

It's been eight years so I can't quite remember but it seems like they really doubled down on a lot of RPG elements; like needing sleep, food (which looks like it could be hilarious as some of the stats reference being over weight), and various other stats you have to maintain... Like I just got a prompt saying my horse is dirty and if I don't clean him then he'll lose stamina faster.

Still, it almost feels like meeting up with an old friend again as it's spot on to RDR and just taken to a bigger and more evolved game experience evolution.

Is it wrong that I'm constantly checking my horses balls?

Iíve gandered a few times but canít really see anything. But yeah, if youíre constantly checking......

GTA San Andreas had the eating and work out system where you could get fat, skinny or buff depending on how much you ate, ran and worked out. I loved it but apparently others werenít so keen. Tonight I did a bunch of hunting and a few missions and the next thing I know itís 7 am in the game and Arthur is slumping over in his steed due to lack of sleep/eating.

I hate the fact that I can only put in a few hours a night until Sunday. Iím really hoping I finish the single player by time the multiplayer comes out but I also hope it doesnít come out for a long time. I want to take my time and just enjoy it at my pace.

punkerhardcore
American Dream

Posts 8260
Registered 7-16-2005

Mood: Lickable

posted on 10-27-2018 at 06:08 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't mind RPG elements as I love games like Skyrim, Fallout, etc... that said, I HATE games that force you to do really stupid, routine every day things like sleep. That's actually what turned me off Stardew Valley, big time.

Things like forcing you to wash your horse? Fuck man, I just wanna play the game, not do all that dumb, domestic stuff. I don't mind if things like that are optional, but when it's necessary and significantly alters gameplay... that's when it personally bugs me.

Is everyone mad here?
Of course they are, and you are too... otherwise, you wouldn't have come here.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4552
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 10-27-2018 at 07:50 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
From what I've seen some of those more domestic and body caring chores are more modifiers and they seem to have a long clock attached to them; so it's not like you need to it every time you play, or devote a lot of time to it
nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 10-28-2018 at 05:01 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I feel like Micah is the ancestor of Trevor Phillips.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 2994
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 11-2-2018 at 03:32 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
This game is amazing. When Red Dead Online starts we should all wrangle sheep together.

Except Janerd. Pretty sure heís not aloud near sheep of any kind.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, 0 Time Award Winner

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2335
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 11-2-2018 at 07:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nearing the end of chapter 2.

Yeah, itís awesome.

My only gripe is that the gameplay itself is a little too slow-paced for the collectathon side stuff involving pelts and whatnot. Hunting is a bit of a bore because of it. I much prefer going into stranger and main story missions, although when I get fast travel, I am going to actively try to not use it like I did in my first Breath of the Wild playthrough. The overworld is just too pretty with the details.

[Edited on 11-2-2018 by CamstunPWG187]

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 11-11-2018 at 02:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I completely forgot I had fast travel in my base until you mentioned it here. And I should probably start using it: trips between camp and other towns become three hour hunting excursions because I keep running into pristine animals. Also, if you want to make hunting a bit better with guaranteed results (clean kills net you the right quality pelt), go after the Legendary Moose north of Strawberry. You kill it and craft the trinket out of its parts, it makes the pelt quality better from your hunts (so if you kill it with one hit, no matter how long it takes to die, it's a clean kill).

And now I realized that I still have a buffalo to kill up north, so thanks for claiming another four hours, Red Dead.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7333
Registered 5-24-2004

posted on 11-22-2018 at 04:23 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Made it through the primary quest. Without spoiling anything (or saying anything new or surprising), Rockstar hit it out of the park with the story. The descent, and eventual collapse, of the Van Der Linde Gang is something that, obviously, was going to happen based on the original game. But interacting with the members of the camp actually made me invested in the members of the gang. And knowing full well that only seven were guaranteed to make it 15 years to the original, it made losses suck that much more. And it's also crazy that a very small part of the first chapter comes back to affect the latter parts of the game in a major way.

Also, it's on sale tomorrow for those heathens who haven't bought it yet.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top