The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Rumor Crap 2018: Part III
G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1705
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 8-23-2018 at 01:41 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Another thing to ponder, is it coincidence that the two guys who've come the closest to match Roman's status as the top guy in WWE are two guys(AJ and Strowman) who skipped NXT? Yeah I know Braun was a extra in Adam Rose's menagerie and did house shows but he was never an NXT star.

This is an interesting point. Maybe it helps to not have to translate an NXT persona to main-roster WWE, seeing as they're different audiences and what appeals to one doesn't necessarily appeal to the other. Or maybe live crowds are willing to afford a little more leeway, rather than immediately rending their garments and gnashing their teeth because such-and-such character was "ruined" upon moving up to the main roster.

Though, of course, it's not a guarantee of success, as Karl Anderson and (especially!) Mike Kanellis can attest.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: ranting in Japanese

posted on 8-23-2018 at 09:35 PM Edit Post
* Bill Goldberg is allegedly co-operating with the Secret Service after his Twitter account was hacked and used to send threats to POSPOTUS David Dennison

* Becky Lynch goes full-meta, blasts lack of push on not being blonde, lacking enhancements, etc.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0822/645106/becky-lynch-on-her-lack-of-push-in-wwe-is-it-because-i-dont-have/

quote:
"Why is that? Is it because I'm not blonde enough? Is that it? Is it because I don't have enough enhancements? Is that it? I'm treated like the red-headed stepchild of the entire Women's Division. Yet I have proved time and time again that I am the moneymaker -- that I am the person that people will tune in to see that they will care about -- that they want to see me win. Yet it's being stolen from me every single time."

Well played, Irish, well played indeed.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 8-23-2018 at 10:45 PM Edit Post
Good to see Becky and WWE are just omitting that unsinspired promo from last Tuesday. WWE.com even has a poll asking if you were supporting Becky.
salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12842
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: FICKLE!

posted on 8-23-2018 at 11:42 PM Edit Post
Yeah, the promo works a lot better with them editing out her shitting on the fans.

And that poll - for those who haven't seen it, the question is:

Did you support Becky Lynch the entire time she was trying to win the SmackDown Women's Title?

- Yes, I was rooting for her the whole way.

- Yes, but only until Charlotte Flair got involved.

The first choice has 95% of the votes.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 8-24-2018 at 12:41 AM Edit Post
Wait...is Becky suggesting she’s not pushed because she dyes her hair the wrong colour? Or that she is “real” or “authentic” while bottle blondes are not?

That’s....an odd choice.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-24-2018 at 01:26 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Wait...is Becky suggesting she’s not pushed because she dyes her hair the wrong colour? Or that she is “real” or “authentic” while bottle blondes are not?

That’s....an odd choice.

It’s still real to me ...

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1705
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 8-24-2018 at 01:43 AM Edit Post
Becky Lynch may have manufactured aspects of her appearance, just like the people she derides, but those aspects are less conventionally attractive, so they don't benefit the way they do others. At least that's my read of her comments.

I tend to suspect that commitment to unique, but not conventionally attractive, appearance is part of the reason she's so popular with smaller, but very vocal, elements of the fan base. But then, Ruby Riott has basically the same thing going on without a quarter of the support, so who knows.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 8-24-2018 at 03:46 AM Edit Post
In the best news of the month La Parka(going under LA Park due to bullshit) is killing it in Mexico, almost doubling attendance from 5k to 9k for weekly shows.The Chairman of WCW has been forcing CMLL and AAA to cut their shit(they don't like to share) and settle with him working for both.

MLW has apparently already booked him for some matches in Australia and Ol' Dave is specualting that American promotions won't be far behind.

Since Impact is thinking of running some shows in Mexico they'll probably try to grab him but it'd be awesome if WWE reached out to him for a one-off deal like they did with Liger.

[Edited on 8-24-2018 by First 9]

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1023
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 8-24-2018 at 08:49 AM Edit Post
I posted this to the NXT thread but as it hasn't cropped up here yet :

HHH media call following Takeover - "Clearly I wasn't planning on Gargano injuring himself in the last sequence of that match. Did it play into it? Yeah. Technically it was supposed to go slightly differently than it all did. We kinda had to make a call on the fly and change a few things in the actual moment. So it ends up being different because only the people putting it together know what they were doing and that's the beauty of what we do and they get there."

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 8-24-2018 at 01:56 PM Edit Post
* Multiple sources are reporting that the WWE has reached out to AJ Lee about returning at Evolution, and that she is receptive to the idea. No word on when CM Punk will file for divorce.

* Kurt Angle's departure from TV is reportedly to get ready for an in-ring return, and it's possible there are plans for him to wrestle Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania.

* The penciled in plan is keeping the title on Rousey until Wrestlemania where she will drop it clean to Charlotte.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-24-2018 at 07:28 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by salmonjunkie
She's Paddlefoot.

Good lord, that evokes a grim image.

If I was that good looking I'd be down at the dock waiting for the fleet to come in.

* ever the decent and gracious guy, Daniel Bryan says he enjoyed working with the since-endeavoured Big Cass, saying that he saw a lot of improvement in Cass's performance during their feud and that he also thinks Cass is an OK guy

[Edited on 8/24/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9035
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 8-24-2018 at 08:02 PM Edit Post
Translation: I made him better

Don't Mess With Texas

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-24-2018 at 08:17 PM Edit Post
Yup. Cass still has a lot of potential; I'm one of the few that think his first couple of promos (especially the Miz interview) just after his return from injury showed a lot of improvement, that he could hold his own on the mic without defaulting the talking part to someone like Enzo. All he really needs is to lose the current shitty attitude he apparently has and get his act together. He probably can't be a huge solo star like they thought but there's always room for a dirty big man to play the role of a hammer. What's at question will be if that alleged backstage incident where he was bothering Carmella was bad enough that there's no way that WWE would ever allow him to come back at all.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2539
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China
Member Is Online

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 8-25-2018 at 01:27 AM Edit Post
Well, considering that running burning hammer was THE most interesting thing Cass ever did in his entire wrestling career (including being Daniel Bryan’s idea, reportedly)....haha don’t even know how to finish it.

Guarantee Cass was super professional with Bryan given how he probably knew his days in the company were numbered. Probably wanted to really impress to keep his spot on the roster, and Bryan likes working with bigger guys if they are capable.

I liked their matches.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 8-25-2018 at 03:52 PM Edit Post
Neville's contract has expired so we'll soon see him again. More than likely he'll bounce around NJPW, MLW, the American indys and the British promotions without really making any of them his ''home'' sot speak.

But if he were to commit to one company as a flag bearer, I think he'd be a big boost for ROH.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-25-2018 at 09:55 PM Edit Post
* Neville is no longer under contract to WWE and is free to resume his career anywhere he pleases

* Eric Bischoff said in a recent interview that the corporate owners of WCW at the near-end days of the company put a premature end to the West Texas Outlaws and their very fine "Rap Is Crap" song because of fears of being accused of racism

* Davey Boy Smith Jr said in an interview that his dad would on occasion side with HBK and the Kliq during booking decisions because he thought what they had planned was generally interesting and that he also felt Bret Hart's incessant criticizing and enmity with HBK was going too far; apparently Davey Sr. also had no problem at all with losing the European title to DX in a humiliating way on the One Night Only PPV broadcast from Birmingham, UK, because he thought that occasionally jobbing out like that was just part of the business

* this Monday's RAW will open with a match between Strowman and Reigns for the Universal Title after Braun issued a challenge; Roman accepted it and on his Twitter account today mocked Braun as a "meat shack"

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 8-26-2018 at 12:49 AM Edit Post
If Neville went to New Japan, he'd be a perfect fit in Suzuki-Gun.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11780
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-26-2018 at 12:54 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Neville's contract has expired so we'll soon see him again. More than likely he'll bounce around NJPW, MLW, the American indys and the British promotions without really making any of them his ''home'' sot speak.

Sounds like a Kota Ibushi situation. Neville vs. Kota Ibushi...book it!

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

bopol
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1003
Registered 1-18-2013

Mood:

posted on 8-26-2018 at 01:07 AM Edit Post
I hope that Neville goes back to PAC, the man that gravity forgot, because as indyrific as that was, I loved it.

I only signed up so I can read the forum.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 8-26-2018 at 02:05 AM Edit Post
I have possibly-mabey asked this before and don't remember if I ever got an answer (or have forgotten said answer): What does "PAC" stand for/represent/whatever?
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-26-2018 at 04:50 AM Edit Post
The only thing I could find was a reference to his dad calling him six pack (due to his abs) when he was a kid, so when he started out he figured Pac would make for an interesting name. The same reference I came across said he discussed it on Cabana's Art of Wrestling.

I'm curious though, and I didn't listen to the podcast for myself, but why is it often spelled PAC in all capitals instead of just the first letter being capitalized like any other name?

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-26-2018 at 05:57 AM Edit Post
I'm assuming it's because of the high-flying shit he "has moves like Pac-Man!", unless it's some sort of tribute to X-Pac or Tupac.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2539
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China
Member Is Online

posted on 8-26-2018 at 06:08 AM Edit Post
Neville would be perfect for Switch!!
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2539
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China
Member Is Online

posted on 8-26-2018 at 06:09 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
The only thing I could find was a reference to his dad calling him six pack (due to his abs) when he was a kid, so when he started out he figured Pac would make for an interesting name. The same reference I came across said he discussed it on Cabana's Art of Wrestling.

I'm curious though, and I didn't listen to the podcast for myself, but why is it often spelled PAC in all capitals instead of just the first letter being capitalized like any other name?

Marketing. Having a capitalized name is unique and stands out on the marquee.

Slade
The Immortal One

Posts 4748
Registered 11-10-2002
Location Wherever I Damn Well Please

Mood: 423-GET-FAME

posted on 8-26-2018 at 12:56 PM Edit Post
Why anyone would willfully choose PAC as their ring name in spite of how easily it evokes memories of X-Pac - whether deliberately or not - is a mystery to me. The only rational explanation is that he's a Sean Waltman superfan.

The award for the most laughable cringe-worthy attempt at clever colour commentary goes to:

"When you're dating The Architect, you start to get some more plans." - Renee Young, Extreme Rules 2019

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top