The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Rumor Crap 2018: Part III
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3213
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-17-2018 at 03:15 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Planet Starbucks
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
Unless of course Lesnar agrees to stay. Which my be the way to actually get Reigns over, Eventually, even the smarks wil get fed up with him getting fucked over by the booking and start rooting for him.

I wish I wasn't 37 going on 87 and knew how to embed the Dean Ambrose 'Nope' gif.

Somehow I kind of agree with you both. Roman is already past the worst of it. While he hasn’t exactly reached the John Cena US Championship Open Challenge Level of reluctance smark acceptance, he’s definitely more accepted than he was a few years ago.

The problem isn’t Roman. Hell, it really isn’t Brock either. It’s Roman AND Brock. People are tired as fuck of that. They act like this is the 4th time in 4 years but really it’s like the 7th if you include multi-man matches.

People just want to see something different and if you add in the name Undertaker to these two it’s essentially been one form or another of these 3 for years ... add in Cena ... well fuck. Add in HHH ... goddamnit. The same 5 guys have occupied this spot for the last 5 years.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1020
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 8-17-2018 at 07:47 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
quote:
Originally posted by royberto
*According to 'Ol Davey Boy, WWE is again looking to do the Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen match at the Survivor Series pay-per-view event.

This has been reported by many people but it does beg the question on who the faces and heels would be.

You're spot on with that, which I why I suspect that if they go for it, they just play it as a one off attraction. No need for storylines to make it all make sense. Bazler can easily be the moody dangerous one, we all know the MMA girls are linked so its not a stretch.

Less focus on heel/face and just rolling with it would work just fine.

t also increases the chances of Alexa and Carmella retaining on sunday so its all good

anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 8-18-2018 at 12:14 AM Edit Post
quote:
Hogan’s version of events, presented on the first episode of legendary wrestling reporter Bill Apter’s new show The Apter Chat, includes multiple things we’ve heard before from the 65 year old, as well as several remarks which sound addressed to O’Neil, Kingston and others who didn’t welcome him back.

When Triple H and Vince McMahon spoke to him about returning to WWE, Hogan says they wanted him to address only the black wrestlers on the roster. He says he insisted on speaking to everyone. Hulk said he had “never been that nervous before in my life talking to a group of my peers” and had two “trains of thought”:

To say he was sorry and be accountable, while repeatedly mentioning that the tape was made “12 years” ago and he “didn’t even remember they [his words] were said until three years ago, cause that’s when they came out” and that his comments were “out of character” and made in “a fit of anger”.
Emphasize that in a company like WWE, every mistake a performer makes will be amplified, no matter how small - “don’t even slip on a banana peel” because “people have cell phones and cameras and just be careful”.

“A lot of people accepted my apology. And a lot of people heard what they wanted to hear and a lot of the narrative that came out of the meeting was on point. A lot of the narrative was really different because I was surprised to hear some people interpreted what I said that I was just sorry I got caught on camera, whatever they interpreted, but I never said that.

But I guess sometimes the media and people go with the most negative narrative that can come out of there.”

“I said those words, it was totally unacceptable and I just really wanted to get in front of all the talent and apologize because I know I hurt this business and I just want to move forward.

I just hope the brotherhood can get back to the way it was. Because when you’re in the ring and somebody’s bodyslaming somebody or piledriving somebody, you protect your brother and you make sure physically they’re safe. And outside the ring, you’re supposed to protect your brother.

In this case, it’s a situation where 75, 80, 90 percent of the wrestlers are protecting me and they’re giving me another chance to move forward. There’s just a few wrestlers that kind of like don’t understand the bond and the brotherhood of wrestling, and hey, if someone makes a mistake, you need to forgive them and move on and try to let them prove themselves. I just feel that I wish I could have one-on-one conversations with people who really don’t know me and try to maybe explain myself better.”

www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/8/17/17720182/hulk-hogan-wwe-stars-who-didnt-accept-apology-dont-understand-the-brotherhood-of-wrestling

Alright, two things here:

1) "If someone makes a mistake, you need to forgive them and move on and try to let them prove themselves."

While this is true, he had years to do that and he has yet to actually do that. Forgiveness, like respect, is something that you earn, and not something that you're owed. And he can't exactly just expect people to just "move on" after the shit that he was saying in that video. He made perfectly clear the kinda guy that he is.

2) I love he has the nerve to talk about how wrestling is a brotherhood, but he's the same dude that told Vince that Jesse Ventura was trying to get a wrestlers' union together in the 80s.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3279
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 8-18-2018 at 01:36 AM Edit Post
meh, it's not even worth it.

[Edited on 8-18-2018 by Count Zero]

royberto
I Do Not Know What Words Mean

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 8-18-2018 at 03:58 AM Edit Post
quote:
I’m starting to think that the WWE women would be better served as the heels but what to do with Shayna? We’ve had weird looking faces many times but “chick who curb stomps opponents elbows while shit talking them” isn’t really a face recipe. In fact she is one of the best opponents for Ronda long term so it’s a bit of a head scratcher.
Shayna could be a tweener in that you sow the seeds for a future feud with Ronda getting all the spotlight while Shayna is forced to stand in the back despite having been NXT champion and having to work for everything she is got. You could have her either walk out on the match at some point or Shanya refuses to tag Ronda in. However you do it, seeds of dissention for later.

Rising above the trolls

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4565
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-18-2018 at 06:15 AM Edit Post
*Sasha Banks recently made a comment about 2019's Summer Slam being held in L.A., but apparently this was shot down by the WWE... While no announcements have been made Toronto is being said to be the odds on favourite. Toronto previously hosted Wrestlemania's VI and 18, along with some of the highest drawing Raw's in company history (46k) back in the attitude era. If true it will be curious to see if they go back to the Skydome (now the Rogers Centre) and try and fill it WrestleMania style, just run with the Air Canada Centre (about 18k for hockey) where they normally do Raw's, or maybe try something like the much newer BMO field which is expandable to about 40k for soccer, so you'd have on field seating over and above that.

*No finalist for WrestleMania 36 location yet, but Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Minneapolis are all rumoured contenders... Minnesota is said to be the front runner.

*Shinsuke Nakamura has commented on rumours about him going back to NJPW; basically he said that moving his whole family to the USA was a big decision so he's committed to staying with the WWE for the long run. While they'll look at things monetarily when the time comes he's hoping to resign for a few more years.

*Daniel Bryan and the WWE are said to be close to finalizing his contract extension; The lengthy hold up was negotiating over how many house show dates he would work as he is said to be keen on being at home for as many weekends to be closer to his daughter as he can be.

*Rey Mysterio and the WWE are said to be in talks; this is why he pulled out of a indie show recently, but is said to still be committed to All In and another indie show the next day. Given that he pulled out of a wrestling match odds are this is more than just a legends deal.

*The time table for Jason Jordan's return still seems to be up in the air as his recovery from neck surgery hasn't gone as well as expected. I seem to remember a lot of doom and gloom about his surgery several months ago as well, but then Jordan's wife weighed in and said it wasn't that bad. It's said that Jordan is shadowing WWE producers as a way to learn another part of the business in case things don't work out for him.

*Tye Dillinger took a kick to the face from Shelton Benjamin during a house show which was said to have knocked him out. He missed the next day's house show and his current status is unknown.

*Davey Boy Smith Jr. was on X-pac's podcast recently and commented on all the recent Owen going into the HOF drama lately; He said he'd be in favour of Owen going in, but with Martha's feelings being what they are he doesn't see it happening. He opined that maybe if they donated any related profits from the HOF to the Owen Hart foundation it might make her a bit more open to it, but he also said who knows...

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 8-18-2018 at 12:37 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpiNNeR72
It also increases the chances of Alexa and Carmella retaining on sunday so its all good
They have Hell in the Cell, THe AUstralia Supershow, and WWE Evolution in between. That proposed Survvior Series match does nothing to the chances that Alexa and Carmella retain Sunday . As it is Ronda, WILL win the belt at one of those shows. It's only a matter of which one they choose.

Rising above the trolls

Katie Vick killer
The Rowdy One

Posts 2287
Registered 8-25-2003
Location w/ Randall

Mood: Chin locked

posted on 8-19-2018 at 01:56 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
*Sasha Banks recently made a comment about 2019's Summer Slam being held in L.A., but apparently this was shot down by the WWE... While no announcements have been made Toronto is being said to be the odds on favourite. Toronto previously hosted Wrestlemania's VI and 18, along with some of the highest drawing Raw's in company history (46k) back in the attitude era. If true it will be curious to see if they go back to the Skydome (now the Rogers Centre) and try and fill it WrestleMania style, just run with the Air Canada Centre (about 18k for hockey) where they normally do Raw's, or maybe try something like the much newer BMO field which is expandable to about 40k for soccer, so you'd have on field seating over and above that.

Will Takeover at Mania next year be called TakeOver: Brooklyn 5 (as it'll be held at Barclays)? I just associate the Takeover Brooklyn with Summerslam at this point.

Say the E do choose Toronto, will it be a residence style deal and run it there for a few years as they have done with LA prior and now Brooklyn?

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 8-19-2018 at 02:06 AM Edit Post
WWE has announced the first match for WWE EVolution:

Alexa is definitely losing the title at some point. Have fun jobbing to the dwarf Trish!

Rising above the trolls

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7900
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 8-19-2018 at 03:14 AM Edit Post
WWE has announced the first match for WWE Evolution:

This interests me vastly. I also think there are a lot of ways to go.

It works as a special attraction match. And both Trish or Alexa is believable winning, and neither would be hurt by a lose. Hell, Alexa beating Trish the Hall of Famer, and the woman whose record of title reigns she is chasing is a very compelling story.

If the WWE is running a Horsewoman vs Horsewoman tag match, you kinda need somebody else to compete for the RAW and SmackDown titles. Trish would work for one of those matches. And hell...maybe a mini run as champ for Trish? She's looked good whenever she's come back.

Same if the WWE is doing a women's tag tournament. Trish could do spot duty as a challenger.

One thought I had during Takeover...they may use Shayna in the role many of us thought they were giving Nattie and have Baszler cause Bliss to win at SummerSlam.

Either way, title or no title, I'm sold on this match.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: child molesting robot

posted on 8-19-2018 at 03:29 AM Edit Post
How about instead they have Trish Stratus in the JJ Dillon role guiding the WWE Horsewomen to cheaty victory? Yassssss……

Gotta piss Sasha Banks off though with Alexa getting the opportunity considering Sasha said today in an interview that her dream match for Evolution would be one against Trish. Like she didn't legit dislike Alexa enough already.

[Edited on 8/19/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4565
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:09 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Katie Vick killer
Will Takeover at Mania next year be called TakeOver: Brooklyn 5 (as it'll be held at Barclays)? I just associate the Takeover Brooklyn with Summerslam at this point.

Say the E do choose Toronto, will it be a residence style deal and run it there for a few years as they have done with LA prior and now Brooklyn?

I doubt it; The WWE doesn't really seem to like Canada for PPV's, and doesn't tour here anywhere near the amount that they did in the 90's... For example since 1995 when they moved to monthly PPV's they've only done 12 PPV's from Canada in total, sometimes with several years in between appearances.

Doing the Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal corridor was a favourite for the WWE once upon a time with house shows in neighbouring cities like Hamilton and London along the way... While they still do that sometimes the last time they were around for an extended stretch they just posted up in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre for an NXT show, followed by Raw and Smackdown the last time through. While a popular attraction and generally a good crowd (I don't think sell outs though... I got a floor seat five rows from the ring the day of for Raw) there's probably a chance for burn out if they hit this area too often... The greater Toronto area is about 6.5 million, with another million plus within an hour or so's drive, so you've got a pretty intense base there that if they don't show up you're going to miss out big.

Throw in the poor Canadian dollar right now (about $0.73 US) and they've gotta charge more just to make the same... So probably good for the odd guest attraction spot or doing Raw here, but unlikely in my opinion to be a multi-year stop for Summer Slam.

For what it's worth when I was looking up the PPV's from Canada someone has already updated wikipedia as Toronto hosting the 2019 Summer Slam... Yeah it's Wikipedia, but interesting that the story is out there beyond just wrestling rumour websites.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2494
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 8-19-2018 at 07:34 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
WWE has announced the first match for WWE Evolution:

Huge match. Will watch this show strictly because of this.

Thanks for reporting, BFG

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7900
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 8-19-2018 at 09:56 PM Edit Post
More Evolution rumours....

The main event will be Ronda vs Nikki Bella.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 8-19-2018 at 10:46 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187

Well played.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3279
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 8-20-2018 at 06:17 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187

Huge match. Will watch this show strictly because of this.

Took me a minute to get..... IT.

Can this get nominated for POTY without context? Or is that too subtle/meta? Regardless, it's icOOnic.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10874
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 8-21-2018 at 06:11 AM Edit Post
* looks like perpetually-unlucky Erick Rowan won the "which Bludgeon Bro will get long-term injured again first contest?" because reports today are saying he injured his arm at Summerslam on Sunday; looks like some kind of bicep problem and he wasn't able to compete at a Smackdown live event on Monday; there's a re-match against New Day for the tag titles scheduled for SD tonight which could indicate that the BB's are going to be dropping the straps as a result of the injury

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7443
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 8-21-2018 at 09:23 AM Edit Post
Man, I can’t wait for them to not use Luke Harper properly again. It’s been, what, a year since the last time?

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4565
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-21-2018 at 11:04 AM Edit Post
They should give Harper a nice little push (maybe a filler spot against Styles for a month); just enough to level him up a bit so that he's seen as more of a singles threat... With Kane down to probably making just guest appearances by this point I think he could settle really nice into that Kane spot... The gateway guy up the card, or that first feud after a title win.

Either that, if they wanted to form a new faction of some kind you could do a lot worse for your lieutenant/mid-card title guy.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 8-21-2018 at 01:01 PM Edit Post
* The awkward and abrupt ending to the Strowman/Owens match was due to Owens suffering a concussion mid-match and them having to finish the match sooner than planned

* Expect a monster push for the re-united SHIELD. After winning their feud against Ziggler/McIntyre, Rollins and Ambrose are in line to win the RAW tag titles. That would put the SHIELD in control of the Universal, IC, and Tag Titles.

*There is apparently a bit of heat on Velveteen Dream for puting "Call Me Up, Vince" on his tights. Because having fun is verboden in WWE apparently.

ETA:

* Apparently the closed door meeting with Brock and Vince and StepHHH went "poorly". Lesnar refused to give Vince any more dates, and Vince refused to allow Brock to fight regularly for the UFC. So, Vince told Brock he was dropping the belt to Reigns. There were words exchanged after the main event because Brock had his shoulder up during the final 3 count which Vince believed was intentional to make the loss look less clean. Brock, despite being scheduled for RAW, immediately boarded a plane and flew home. It appears unlikely that we will see Lesnar in a WWE any time soon.

[Edited on 8-21-2018 by CCharger]

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4112
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 8-21-2018 at 01:58 PM Edit Post
The Dream rumors seem to be BS as it came from the same guy who said Asuka wanted to leave.
anglefan85
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1584
Registered 12-6-2005
Location Long Island, New York

Mood: Relaxed

posted on 8-21-2018 at 03:54 PM Edit Post
Not shocked in the slightest about Owens having a concussion. He splatted on the ramp and you could clearly see his head snap back on the landing.

The WWE: Where no one wins, unless you like Cena, in which case you are a sad little fanboy who will never get laid, but we are happy to take your money away-Moosehead Jack

"She is an estrogen molotov cocktail. It'd be in your best interest not to piss her off."- My thoughts on Firewoman

"Kurt Angle is like a living vortex of the surreal. On the off chance he's not doing, saying or thinking crazy things, people connected to him act crazy by association, caught in the gravitational pull of his insanity."- Ringout from FAN Forums

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11685
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-21-2018 at 05:52 PM Edit Post
Not entirely sure where to put this. Is the NXT UK division being included in general NXT talk even though it's kind of a separate entity? I'll just throw it into this thread for now...

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/first-nxt-uk-womens-to-be-crowned-at-birmingham-live-event

The first NXT UK Women's Champion to be crowned at NXT UK tapings this weekend in Birmingham

A two-day tournament will determine the first-ever NXT UK Women’s Champion this Saturday and Sunday at the NXT UK tapings at Insomnia, the U.K.’s biggest gaming festival, at NEC Birmingham. The combatants battling to become the inaugural champion will include Toni Storm, Jinny, Isla Dawn, Millie McKenzie, Nina Samuels, Dakota Kai, Rhea Ripley and Xia Brookside.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3213
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-21-2018 at 06:54 PM Edit Post
Is this going to be how things line up in 5 years?

Major Leagues: Raw and SD
AAA: NXT Florida
AA: NXT UK, NXT Japan, NXT India, NXT Mexico
A: Top Independents like ROH, New Japan

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

TownOfDalem
Undisputibed Champion

Posts 2795
Registered 10-4-2007
Location Durham, NC

Mood: Waddle

posted on 8-21-2018 at 07:00 PM Edit Post
quote:
Is this going to be how things line up in 5 years?

Major Leagues: Raw and SD
AAA: NXT Florida
AA: NXT UK, NXT Japan, NXT India, NXT Mexico
A: Top Independents like ROH, New Japan

I hope so.

OO's only mammal penguin

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top