The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Rumor Crap 2018: Part III
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: ranting in Japanese

posted on 8-15-2018 at 04:10 AM Edit Post
* Ken (Mr. Kennedy) Anderson & former writers Kevin Eck and Freddie Prinze Jr. have all kinda/sorta confirmed Court Bauer's claim that Randy Orton used to pull all sort of "show my dick, shake my hand" jokes on them too when they were employed by WWE

quote:
….would (you) rather shake hands with Randy Orton and risk an appearance by "the little Viper" than listen to a promo from The IIconics? Either way you're probably scarred for life, but at least Orton's naughty handshake won't cause your ears to bleed

- Kevin Eck

* Jerry Lawler is in some kind of conspiracy mode regarding Brian Christopher's death in a Tennessee jail cell, saying that he doesn't believe Brian killed himself; he hasn't accused the local sheriff's office of anything (yet) but going by scuttlebutt from messages sent to him by the other inmates that were in there at the same time as Brian, and by the pictures of the bruising on his neck from the alleged choking with the shoelaces, Jerry is hinting big-time that someone in the jail killed him; the state bureau of investigation is also apparently doing a thorough examination of all the details of Brian's arrest, incarceration, and death, and have asked Jerry to not make any details public just yet

* Jeff Jarrett has filed a large and messy lawsuit against Anthem for copyright infringement (and a whole bunch of other stuff) for using Global Force-related images on recent episodes if Impact Wrestling; apparently Anthem wasn't allowed to use any of that footage after their business relationship with Jarrett & GF came to a permanent end last year

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 825
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 8-15-2018 at 07:33 AM Edit Post
So Jerry thinks BC got D’Angelo Barksdale’d? Still wondering if that’s what actually happed to Anthony Bourdain thanks to Harvey Weinstein.
Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-15-2018 at 07:44 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
But no, not even WWE has had the balls to make up real lawsuits to add heat to an angle and they have the resources to put out whatever legal fires that could cause.

Has anyone seen a court filed statement of claim between Cabana and Punk though... Or has there just been talk of a lawsuit?

ETA: Okay, did some digging myself and an actual bona fide newspaper (the Chicago Sun Times) aka not a wrestling "newz" site has reported on it, and has stated they have obtained a copy of the statement of claim.

Shame... had it been a work it would have probably been a great one; a little verbal confrontation at All In that leads to a bit of a tussle... just enough to not only sell it as a DVD later but also give them a headline match for an All In II if Punk were to work it.

ETA 2: Here's the statement contained within the article about the suit... a bit mundane, but between the text and Punk's lawyers letter there may be enough there for a "reasonable" person to conclude that their legal fee's would be covered... Maybe not Cabana's own lawyer's fees from when he broke off from Punk, and probably not enough there for all the exemplary and punitive damages, but maybe enough to get him off the hook for what Punk is/was asking for... https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/colt-cabana-cm-punk-contract-legal-fees-lawsuit/

[Edited on 8-15-2018 by Flash]

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-15-2018 at 07:59 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CVD39
So Jerry thinks BC got D’Angelo Barksdale’d? Still wondering if that’s what actually happed to Anthony Bourdain thanks to Harvey Weinstein.

Jerry's definitely not thinking straight if he's trusting what the prisoners are saying. Apparently they told him that Brian was fine and yukking it up with them just after he arrived and a few hours later he was dead. If Brian went in high though he would have crashed soon and, as seen with Chris Cornell who was also said to be acting normally the last time anyone spoke to him before he killed himself, when alone could have quite easily formed the intent to harm himself and then followed through on it.

There's probably no real reason why any of the inmates would want to harm Brian, unless he'd had a run-in with some of them elsewhere, and the sheriff certainly wouldn't want the publicity hassle caused by something happening in a cell to even a fallen celeb. I feel bad for the King but he's probably grasping at straws with this and his despair could be being egged on by the jailbirds, or by the usual irresponsibility that the internet provides, if he's doing an amateur detective attempt by himself.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Gobshite
The Great One

Posts 3501
Registered 1-30-2004
Location Right here, in Birmingham, England!!

Mood:

posted on 8-15-2018 at 04:12 PM Edit Post
Wasn’t Chester Bennington also pictured laughing and joking with his family hours before his suicide?
Robin Williams was just chilling with his wife one evening, then went to a room and strangled himself.

I feel for Jerry, I really do. But claiming that Bryan wasn’t the sort to kill himself etc is the least plausible arguement here. I hope he finds peace with the situation.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3293
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 8-15-2018 at 07:45 PM Edit Post
As somebody who struggles with depression/anxiety and has entertained suicidal thoughts on a number of occasions, I can say with relative (but not complete) confidence that if I -did- kill myself, people would say "oh, I didn't expect that. There were no signs, etc". Some of "us" are good at camouflaging what's going on beneath the surface, and do so for a wide variety of reasons ranging from "I don't want my family to feel my suffering too" to "they'll lock me up if they see how crazy I am, and I don't want that". Those aren't good reasons for hiding it, because people need to be open about the illness in order to get help with the illness, but there are lots of things that people do for not-good reasons and this is another one of those things. Most of the time I cope with the sadness by making jokes/trying to see things from a different perspective (eg. It Could Be Worse/Other People Have Managed To Get Through This). That doesn't mean I'm not depressed, but it makes other people think things that might not be accurate.

Brian Christopher was an entertainer. Maybe he's one of the many such people who kept the act up right until the very end.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-15-2018 at 08:13 PM Edit Post
My brother in law hung himself in a hospital psych ward while under a suicide watch so I can tell you first hand watching my sister go through the aftermath that it's nothing but questions and blame that you're left with.... How could...? Why did they...? Why didn't they...? If only...? Ect.

I feel for Jerry but ultimately, barring some legitimate as of yet officially uncovered malfeasance, the answers to so many of the questions are going to rest with Brian Christopher, and sadly he isn't around to answer them, which unfortunately just leaves survivors more often than not with just the blame.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 8-15-2018 at 08:26 PM Edit Post
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Call 1-800-273-8255

Available 24 hours everyday

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-15-2018 at 08:38 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero
As somebody who struggles with depression/anxiety and has entertained suicidal thoughts on a number of occasions, I can say with relative (but not complete) confidence that if I -did- kill myself, people would say "oh, I didn't expect that. There were no signs, etc". Some of "us" are good at camouflaging what's going on beneath the surface, and do so for a wide variety of reasons ranging from "I don't want my family to feel my suffering too" to "they'll lock me up if they see how crazy I am, and I don't want that". Those aren't good reasons for hiding it, because people need to be open about the illness in order to get help with the illness, but there are lots of things that people do for not-good reasons and this is another one of those things. Most of the time I cope with the sadness by making jokes/trying to see things from a different perspective (eg. It Could Be Worse/Other People Have Managed To Get Through This). That doesn't mean I'm not depressed, but it makes other people think things that might not be accurate.

Brian Christopher was an entertainer. Maybe he's one of the many such people who kept the act up right until the very end.

We’ve never met but you always seemed like a genuinely good dude. Keep your head up man. It’s been said many times that the funniest people are often the saddest.

We all have low points and I also fall into the no one would ever believe it because I’m always so happy, but it can happen at any time. Just always remember that as long as you’re breathing things can always get better and people actually care about all of us. We all just have a shitty way of not showing it until it’s too late.

Side note: 99.999% of the time I’m chill as hell. 0.001% of the time I can become a raving lunatic capable of anything. The older I get that small percentage gets smaller but it’s still there somewhere. Knowing this about myself I’ve made sure to never be a gun owner. The last thing I need is for 3 seconds of insanity to ruin my or someone else’s life. One of my buddies who is in law enforcement asked me why I didn’t own a gun and I said straight out “because I’d use it”. I’d rather not have that option. If someone is dumb enough to break into my house to steal my 30 inch tv they can have it. If someone wants to test me, they better be a cage fighter. If they got a gun ... well ... they better be ready to use it.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 8-15-2018 at 08:43 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Call 1-800-273-8255

Available 24 hours everyday

If you call from Canada they’ll ship you Poutine, a dozen Tim Horton’s K-Cups and a Wayne Gretzky jersey.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 8-15-2018 at 09:06 PM Edit Post
Our buddy David Meltzer is having his very own #MeToo moment:

He's taking massive amounts of fire over his comments about Royce's appearance. At least he made an attempt at apologizing rather than doubling down or getting defensive.

[Edited on 8-15-2018 by CCharger]

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11780
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-15-2018 at 09:20 PM Edit Post
I've seen it mentioned that his comment on her being "lighter" in NXT was referring to her implants. Which still isn't a great talking point for him, but could be seen as "better" than meaning that she's gained weight and is less attractive because of that. He's a natural boob kinda guy, I guess.

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 8-15-2018 at 09:32 PM Edit Post
There is a right and a wrong way to do it. I’m not gonna be bothered enough to listen but if he said, “I think she’d be a better athlete if she lost a few pounds” that’s totally fine. It’s true of many athletes. Being a woman doesn’t preclude you from criticism of you as an athlete.

If he did it like a chauvinist d bag - which sounds like the case - he’s gotta know better these days. This is a perfect example of why I would never want to be famous.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 8-15-2018 at 09:37 PM Edit Post
Saying the IIconics got boring chants (which is better than crickets) because Peyton changed her appearance disregards the booking, and the abundance of heel female tag teams (Riott Squad, Mandy & Sonya, & IIconics) that are booked mostly as jobbers to the stars.

And to each there own but...really?

Play my game or get left behind. Girl Power! ✌️ 💄@bfabulous1

A post shared by Peyton Royce (@peytonroycewwe) on

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-15-2018 at 09:42 PM Edit Post
Good to see Dave finally step on a landmine with one of the talent. Long overdue.

As for the comments, he should have gone all Attitude Era/Dice Clay and replied to Peyton like "there's a misunderstanding here, I didn't say your ass got fat, I said your tits were much bigger". And everybody would be like "oh, that's OK then". Gotta stay on top of things to be taken seriously, Meltz ol' buddy ol' pal. Not gonna make it in this business if you don't.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 8-15-2018 at 10:19 PM Edit Post
Eh, I think the guy is taking too much heat for nothing. The quote was out of context and he immediately apologized. Shit he was even talking about Cena's change in physique before moving to Peyton's boob job and tan.

Also, anybody thinking this is the end for him is forgetting last year when he went fucking rabid with the Mauro story stating WWE was trying to silence him, how Vince and Lawler were indirectly calling Mauro mentally retarded, picked a fight with Coachman and was flat out trying to get JBL fired all without any proof and... nothing happened. WWE is still civil with him as he still is free to call their PR department for scoops and confirming facts, those outside WWE treat him the same, and Chris fucking Jericho was saying it's so cool that he got an ''acclaimed'' five star rating from him.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-15-2018 at 10:28 PM Edit Post
The fan comments were even better, just as expected, with things like "Peyton's fine, it's Billy Kay that looks like a meat-faced tranny". Oh, IWC marks & smarks & shit-heart sk8rbois & lowlifes-in-general, never change who you are. You bring purpose to my life.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 8-15-2018 at 11:08 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Eh, I think the guy is taking too much heat for nothing. The quote was out of context and he immediately apologized. Shit he was even talking about Cena's change in physique before moving to Peyton's boob job and tan.

In the provided audio he was talking about NXT folks having issues when called up, and transitioned to talking Iiconics, where he immediately suggests Peyton's changes to her appearance were the reason for their issues.

First...what context am I missing?

2nd...there's a bunch of examples of NXT guys and gals getting brought up, and becoming just another face. Or just another heel. Mostly just another heel. Why you'd put it out there at all that it was an appearance change and not just more of the same old shit is completely stupid.

Will he suffer from it? Probably not. Fuck, I'm sure there will be people giving him more support to counter the SJW man hating agenda.

Doesn't change how colossally stupid it was.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 8-15-2018 at 11:39 PM Edit Post
Which is my point, it was stupid and ill-thought off but not meaning to be malicious and derogative. He was trying to paint a picture about the evil management in charge of the main roster and how they force people to fit a certain mold which negatively affects the talent while NTX is less like that and he was trying to use Peyton as an example and boy oh boy did he phrase it bad.

But it was an accidental offense and he apologized asap, so it's not really a big deal imo.

[Edited on 8-15-2018 by First 9]

DevilSoprano
Pee Wee's Plaything

Posts 8022
Registered 11-16-2002

Mood:

posted on 8-16-2018 at 12:16 AM Edit Post
Bullshit it wasn't meant to be malicious and derogatory.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   DevilSoprano 's Aim   DevilSoprano 's Yahoo
Matte
"Family Man"

Posts 11780
Registered 12-16-2008

Mood: Tight

posted on 8-16-2018 at 12:28 AM Edit Post
Is this an acceptable apology these days or is what he said unforgivable?

"I'm a professional. I know exactly what I'm doing." - Jeff Hardy 2010

ULTIMATE COMMENTATOR SHOWDOWN!

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

posted on 8-16-2018 at 01:40 AM Edit Post
The apology is great. Dave clearly though wildly underestimated how sensitive even incredibly fit and athletic women are to any sort of perceived body-shaming. If he'd said the same thing about any of the male performers ("Killian Dain is so big around the middle he looks like he ate an entire Hobbit village") no one would have cared. Say the same thing about a female though and it's almost as bad as being recorded using the N-word. This one will blow over because it's not like a Weinstein or Hogan situation but Meltzer will have to take his lumps for a few days or so. Or maybe even for a full month, because there's a 50/50 chance that plans might change...

[Edited on 8/16/2018 by Paddlefoot]

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2515
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 8-16-2018 at 02:19 AM Edit Post
I think the apology is pretty good. I also think getting dragged for a couple of days on Twitter isn't exactly the death penalty so I'm not really crying for Dave either. He fucked up, he'll pay the price, everybody'll move on. I do think he's becoming less relevant, but ain't we all?

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

Accipiter
Creepy Little Bastard

Posts 77
Registered 2-24-2006
Location Richmond, VA

Mood:

posted on 8-16-2018 at 02:59 AM Edit Post
He's right. Eventually, everything will be equal, but right now it's not. Peyton got boob implants which I think look like crap. Why did she get implants? Does it help her lift opponents higher? Nope, its for looks.

Remember Buff Bagwell and his calf implants....we can make fun of that because he's a man, but we can't make fun of a woman's implants??????

-Followed Rule #12 for 12 years

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2538
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 8-16-2018 at 03:20 AM Edit Post
“What’s this whole “white-knighting” thing everyones talking about, Jim?!”

-Dr. Johnson

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>
New Topic New Poll