The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Rumor Crap 2018: Part III
Wickedfrost
I LOVE RVD

Posts 952
Registered 2-14-2006

Mood: Awesome!

posted on 8-12-2018 at 07:17 PM Edit Post
Colt Cabana the podcast is a business that should have behaved as such. Early on Punk may have not been able to tell the difference and thought he was dealing with CC the friend. Punk could have also thought that Amman would be on the hook for legal costs and, not being a lawyer passed on bad advice. Colt should have asked better questions and got his own lawyer. Again Punk is a douche but Cabana is not a victim here. Just because you're indie it doesn't mean you can be ignorant of the rules.

And my father said
When I was younger
Hard times breed better men

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: ranting in Japanese

posted on 8-12-2018 at 07:31 PM Edit Post
Don't think anyone's said Cabana is a victim, just that he's the much lesser asshole when compared to CM Punk. Cabana's really just a victim of his own poor decision to have a crank like Phil Brooks as a friend because that "friend" has really dragged him into an unending world of shit. You're correct that his podcast being a business made him liable to be included in the Amman lawsuit. Even if he didn't lose that trial Cabana, and all the other wrestlers with their own podcasts, are hopefully more than aware now that they (or their guests) can't just fly off the handle with an accusatory rant without facing some serious consequences if one of the targets of their ire thinks they've been wronged.

That being said though, if Cabana has a text that's been verified by his own lawyers to have come from CM Punk, then Punk has clearly reneged on a verbal contractual agreement regarding payment of the legal fees. On the surface it appears Cabana has a slam-dunk case if that text message is legit. Anything can happen, of course, but if this plays out in the way it appears it will then Punk is going to be coughing up some serious skrilla when it's over. Clearly he's too belligerent to listen to anyone's advice, but if Punk's lawyers tell him to settle now and get it over with then he'd be smart to do so because it's unlikely that lightning will strike twice for him in another court victory.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 8-12-2018 at 09:50 PM Edit Post
This really doesn't sound like slam dunk a case for him unfortunately. Everything seems to be riding on fucking texts and according to Colt, Punk's lawyers agreed that they would keep representing him ''unless ethical reasons prevented them'' which sounds like just thing lawyers could spin into justifying them ditching him and then saying Punk's ''I got you covered '' text only included fees under them, so those $200k Cabana wants for his own lawyers are his problem.

And again, this is just Cabana's version and it doesn't sound completely in his favor, the real story might be even worse. That Punk quote in particular is pretty telling, ''If you choose to make this all ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago.'' The motherfucker was already anticipating this and his lawyers are more than prepared.

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2515
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 8-12-2018 at 09:56 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187

I really don’t care for people who look at others resumes on paper and then simply say “yeah, I think she’s doing just fine”. She hasn’t won a meaningful match since the Rumble, the Wrestlemania match wasn’t long enough to have been where she lost, and her subsequent title opportunities are lamer and lamer.

Simply looking at cards featuring her isn’t an indicator of what’s really happening in terms of HOW she is booked in those programs.

I only object to the idea that she's ruined forever, which is a bit of hyperbole that often gets tossed around. I think she's been booked badly and her feud with Carmella might make my worst feuds list at the end of the year. But Asuka's a great performer who's still pretty over and she could be put back on the right track with decent booking (and maybe a heel turn). Smackdown women in general suffer from the fact that all the heels are jobbers, including the heel champion.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 8-12-2018 at 10:03 PM Edit Post
God knows how many times they've dug up Kane and Big Show from looking like schmucks in the midcard to terrorizing main eventers in less than a month.

[Edited on 8-12-2018 by First 9]

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7932
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere
Member Is Online

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 8-12-2018 at 10:30 PM Edit Post
If nothing else, Asuka being off TV for a couple of weeks will get the stink off of her. She can instantly pop up on any Tuesday as a legit challenger. Or could move back to RAW after SummerSlam to setup a dream match with Rousey.

So yeah...she should be the SmackDown women’s champ...but she’s still a tippy top talent.

royberto
I Do Not Know What Words Mean

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 8-13-2018 at 01:07 AM Edit Post
I will just leave this here. Mandy Rose lifting 315lbs via pelvic thrust:

Rising above the trolls

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-13-2018 at 02:16 AM Edit Post
The Asuka rumour was said to originate from Johnson with PWI, and he has since tweeted out that this is BS, and that he never said this... So probably best to take the Asuka rumour about a rumour with an extra helping of salt.

I'm sure anyone getting left off of Summer Slam would probably be a bit peeved as it probably is one of their better pay days, but the newly added Evolution PPV probably goes a long way towards making up for it for a lot of the ladies. Given how much Asuka makes off merch' and her regularly getting plenty of TV time I'm guessing one missed payday while you're still getting a heavy push isn't likely to make you throw the baby out with the bath water in terms of walking out over one payday when you're probably making far more here than you would anywhere elsewhere.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-13-2018 at 07:17 AM Edit Post
So one rumour going around about the finish of Summer Slam is that Reigns will win only for Lesnar to immediately lay him out... This will then lead to Rollins and Ambrose making the run in for the save, and the Shield reuniting with their triple power bomb to send Lesnar packing.

You know I actually think this might work as far as sending audiences home happy-ish.. but I see three problems;

1) The ending will have to be rushed... elsewise we're just going to get Reigns being booed and Lesnar cheered for the time between pin, beat down, and Shield save... Kind of a jerky uneven finish.

2) Won't it just seem like they are playing Reigns music because he won since he never changed his music once the Shield broke up? I mean yeah once Rollins and Ambrose are seen there could be a big pop.

3) If audiences were willing to boo the Rock after having not seen him for a bit then it's really banking on the Shield getting some good will and/or audiences hating Brock.

The problem remains why is the WWE working so hard to cover up something everyone knows anyway? Like let's say this idea (or whatever they cook up) works for them and the crowd cheers... Do they cheer again the next night at Raw when the Shield comes out? When does it start to taint the Shield and just turns back to Roman-reactions?

As far as at least booking for one night and getting Reigns a cheer I'd rank it probably a bit closer to whenever Reigns is on camera a picture in picture of a woman shaking her naked breasts as part of some boob-o-vision as ways to get him over than I would Reigns beating Brock, only for Brock to raise Roman's hand in some kind of torch passing moment... But man... fans tell you what they want in wrestling... and probably with a much bigger voice than a lot of other forms of entertainment, so why make so much work for yourself by putting your flagship guy in these spots where you have to bust out all your tricks to get him a cheer for one night?

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 8-13-2018 at 12:21 PM Edit Post
Asuka

- She was undefeated for like 2.5 years
- She lost arguably the most hyped woman’s match in WWE history to their biggest female star.
- She had two extremely questionable losses to a young star who is over as fuck as one of the best talkers in the industry.
- She can’t talk.

So ... she’s essentially been built as the 2nd most dominant female in the world who can only legitimately be beat by 1 person and happened to lose a small handful of matches in shady fashion after not losing for over 2 years. So, what’s the problem?

If she really has a problem with the booking maybe she should ask the 200 women who put her over how they feel about the booking. They’ve asked her to solidify one generational superstar in Charlotte and to make one up and comer in Carmella. We shit on Reigns every day but he makes more people in a month than Asuka has in 3 years.

I’ll assume this is internet garbage.

[Edited on 8-13-2018 by DKBroiler]

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

G. Jonah Jameson
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1705
Registered 12-28-2010

Mood:

posted on 8-13-2018 at 02:31 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash
So one rumour going around about the finish of Summer Slam is that Reigns will win only for Lesnar to immediately lay him out... This will then lead to Rollins and Ambrose making the run in for the save, and the Shield reuniting with their triple power bomb to send Lesnar packing.

I'm skeptical about this rumor because it results in Brock Lesnar being made to look bad twice in one night (first by losing to Roman Reigns cleanly, then by getting beaten up by the Shield). The WWE booking team showed no interest in making Lesnar look bad even before the upcoming UFC fight was announced, and I very much doubt they'd want to make him look bad now.

It would start to make sense if the Shield got involved mid-match, though. Lesnar can't put Reigns away, ref gets bumped, Lesnar grabs a chair, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose run out to stop him from using it, Reigns capitalizes on the distraction and manages to put Lesnar away as a result. So the champion WWE wants to protect (Lesnar) doesn't lose completely cleanly, but the challenger WWE also wants to protect (Reigns) didn't do anything wrong; the champion only lost because he, for all intents and purposes, distracted himself. Kinda the same approach WWE took to the CM Punk-John Cena title change at Money in the Bank 2011.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 8-13-2018 at 02:49 PM Edit Post
I just want Ambrose to come back as a tweener who likes Rollins and hates Roman for reasons yet to be determined. How about he comes back, lays out McIntyer to help Rollins win the IC and then they both run in to help against Brock but Ambrose lays out Roman instead?

If they position Ambrose as pro-Rollins and anti-Roman we could have a Stone Cold Dean Ambrose level of popularity situation on our hands.

As for Lesnar, just have Braun beat him after that nonsense and we’re good.

[Edited on 8-13-2018 by DKBroiler]

SpiNNeR72
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1023
Registered 10-21-2006
Location Shetland

Mood: Amused!

posted on 8-13-2018 at 05:03 PM Edit Post
The Shield idea is plausible route to go down but I think its more likely we get a slobberknocker between Reigns and Lesnar till they're both fucked, and Owens leaves with the title.

Possibly a clean pin for Reigns first to give a reason for Lesnar to come back after his UFC stink.

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7462
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 8-13-2018 at 06:26 PM Edit Post
I think the most hilarious route to take would be Reigns beats Lesnar clean and then beats whoever tries to cash in on him clean as well without any help or heel turn. That would get the people on his side *he says sneakily hoping the secret WWE writer reading this thinks it to be a good idea*.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9035
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 8-13-2018 at 07:02 PM Edit Post
I have perpetually been in the anti-Reigns camp but if that happened I would TOTALLY convert to being a fan. Book it!

Don't Mess With Texas

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10985
Registered 1-19-2008
Member Is Online

Mood: ranting in Japanese

posted on 8-13-2018 at 10:27 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Asuka

So, what’s the problem?

1) it's probably not good for the overall women's division to have both belts held at the same time by chickenshit heels that, as good as they are at yapping, aren't the best in the ring; they can only get away with chicanery for so long before it's no longer fun; none of this is a slight against either Alexa or Carmella, just noting that this sort of booking gives fuel to the no-mind dipshit fuckwits who can't get past the "they're only champs because they're blonde hotties and Vince/Dunn want to fuck them" sort of thinking; they're going to have to make up for this by having the faces be dominant champs for at least six months straight in order to restore some kind of balance to the implausible situation they have right now

2) the way the second loss to Carmella happened made Asuka look stupid; this was the woman who wasn't scared of anything in NXT, and even tried to get out of moving car to attack back when Nikki Cross ambushed the vehicle; having her stand there stunned like an idiot and get hit from behind when Ellsworth came out dressed as her was just dumb and didn't help her image at all, even more so when later on she whipped the piss out of Ellsworth a couple of times

It's just dumb booking as usual, no different at all really with making Becky Lynch all sorts of aw-shucks good girl Sting-levels of stupid that can't see a backstab coming from a mile away. It's bad enough when they do that to even one performer on a roster so doing it to a killer like Asuka is just unimaginative and sucky.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

it's a child molesting robot

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2515
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 8-13-2018 at 10:43 PM Edit Post
As long as Brock loses the belt somehow, I don't care. That's literally all I want. The means and the method are inconsequential. The only person I wouldn't want to take the title off of Brock is Hulk Hogan and...yeah, that's not going to happen.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3291
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 8-13-2018 at 11:01 PM Edit Post
Fair points there Sir Feet of Paddles. Fair points indeed.

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 8-14-2018 at 12:26 PM Edit Post
* Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman is scheduled for house shows following Summerslam. This fact is leading some to believe that one of the two will be turning heel.

* There's a reported backlash against CM Punk following news that he is being sued by former friend Colt Cabana. He was booed when is name was mentioned in his hometown at an indie show, and there is concern of the reaction at his autograph signing scheduled for All In in Chicago. Cabana will also be appearing at All In, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Punk cancel his appearance.

"I don't watch the show, Paul. Why would I watch the show?"

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 8-14-2018 at 01:53 PM Edit Post
I wonder if Cody will go full carny and try to capitalize. Have Cabana beat the fuck out of their team mascot, Bury the Drug Free Bear or if that's too much just have Cabana win the Battle Royal and challenger for the ROH Title right there in Chicago.
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-14-2018 at 03:48 PM Edit Post
FWIW, Meltzer, along with guys like Cliff Compton and others are placing the blame squarely on Cabana. So while the fans may be on Team Colt, it appears that those closest to the situation are on Team Punk.

"I hate it when I'm watching along at home and I'm envisioning certain common sense things, and WWE just leaves all that money on the table to do something that will have no result other than send viewers looking for something else."

-- The Rick

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 8-14-2018 at 05:02 PM Edit Post
Cliff backing Punk up must hurt since he's one of Colt's friends and seemed to have zero relationship with Punk. If he really thinks Punk is in the right I wonder what happened.
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 8-14-2018 at 05:35 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Cliff backing Punk up must hurt since he's one of Colt's friends and seemed to have zero relationship with Punk. If he really thinks Punk is in the right I wonder what happened.

Compton re-tweeted this the day the news of the lawsuit broke:

-- The Rick

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4567
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 8-14-2018 at 08:43 PM Edit Post
Any chance all of this is just some new modern meta-type work? I mean all of the ingredients are there...
First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4189
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 8-14-2018 at 08:56 PM Edit Post
It really is a solid story. It's just like The Shield beating Evolution just for Rollins to turn on Ambrose and Reigns the night after.

The two best friends who've had each other backs for over ten years finally overcome the lawsuit and in a sense their last tie with the villanous evil corp that has caused them so much grief just for them to turn on each other. Rigth on the eve of a major event were both might be in the same building.

But no, not even WWE has had the balls to make up real lawsuits to add heat to an angle and they have the resources to put out whatever legal fires that could cause.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top