Author: Subject: Rumor Crap 2018: Part III
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 7-23-2018 at 09:53 PM Edit Post
Rumor Crap 2018: Part III

Since the latest Rumor Crap thread has devolved into multiple royberto-incited flame wars and a vapid and repetitive discussion on THINGS WE HATE, I decided to simply re-boot the thread to try and refocus on actual news and rumors.

If you want to argue with royberto or discuss which wrestler or fan groups just REALLY piss you off, please refer to the older thread.

With that said:

* It is looking more and more like Lashley/Reigns will not have a clean finish and the match at SummerSlam could be a Three Way match until Vince makes up his mind about who will win.

* WWE recently filed for a federal trademark for the name Starrcade which could be the name for the rumored women's PPV

* The Rock recently made some comments in an interview about John Cena, mentioning he hoped he could help Cena with is transition from wrestling to Hollywood. That seems to suggest that Cena will be leaving the WWE for a full time movie career.

denverpunk
The Great One

Posts 3099
Registered 6-27-2007
Location Mile-Hi

Mood: Stoked

posted on 7-23-2018 at 10:24 PM Edit Post
I kind of think Cena is in that realm already, being in some successful movies already and having his Special Attraction schedule. The question is if he cuts the lifeline and goes to Hollywood for good, or stays the course with what he's already doing - I could see either, but he has nothing more to prove in wrestling.
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 7-23-2018 at 10:43 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by denverpunk
I kind of think Cena is in that realm already, being in some successful movies already and having his Special Attraction schedule. The question is if he cuts the lifeline and goes to Hollywood for good, or stays the course with what he's already doing - I could see either, but he has nothing more to prove in wrestling.

I think Cena will always be involved with the WWE as a special attraction. Maybe a couple times a year, filming schedule permitting.

But with the success of Blockers and his starring role in the new Bumblebee movie, I think Cena could be wrestling's next breakout movie star.

phansett
And I am AWESOME

Posts 243
Registered 4-15-2003
Location Chicagoland

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 7-24-2018 at 12:14 AM Edit Post
I think Cenaís 4th of July, what it means to be American, was one of the better PSA type social media videos I have seen in a while. Iíll try to find and link...

Here it is - looks like itís a couple years old. Regardless, I hadnít seen it until my better half showed me this year. I think he comes across more starlike than the meathead schtik you often see. Just my opinion.

https://youtu.be/0MdK8hBkR3s

[Edited on 7-23-2018 by phansett]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   phansett 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger   phansett 's Yahoo
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9127
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 7-24-2018 at 01:01 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by GodEatGod
If they do a women's only PPV, you can bet that Ronda will either be champion going into it or will be winning the title in the main event. Alexa's not meant to be a draw, she's meant to be someone for the draw to smack down on her way to the top. That's how heels are supposed to work (NWA Ric Flair being the biggest exception to that rule, but, y'know, he's fucking Ric Flair).

It's also worth noting that, while they're not known for long term planning, Ronda is clearly a) Stephanie's pet project and b) been in the works for quite a while even before she showed up at the Rumble. They definitely have a booking plan for her, more so than maybe anyone else in the whole damn company, because they've wholly invested in having Ronda work and be a crossover star. She changes the game because she's a person who got famous in something else going to WWE instead of using WWE as a springboard to something else. It makes them a destination and not a stop.

People like the chase...the challenger face coming after and finally beating the champion heel.

We have Summer Slam, Hell in a Cell, and then the likely women's only PPV.

I can easily see:
Alexa retaining at SS. Key word = retaining. She gets DQ'd via Mickie interference or the like and ends with Rhonda beating the snot out of Mickie. Ronda gets the win and looks good at the end of this match/show. Alexa keeps the belt.

They face off in a cell at HIAC and Ronda wins and captures the belt.

Mandatory rematch happens at the women's only with Ronda headlining against Bliss, winning and retaining.

Don't Mess With Texas

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4568
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 7-24-2018 at 01:57 AM Edit Post
Cena's actually done quite a great job of picking the right projects in his quest to transition over to the big screen... Lot's of supporting comedy roles (trainwreck, sisters, Daddy's home.. ect) slowly moving towards a leading but still part of an ensemble roles (blockers, Bumblebee) where he doesn't have to carry the full weight of the movie's potential failure, but still big enough that he breaks out, and even doing some smaller scale dramatic stuff like The Wall to beef up his resume, and a slew of voice acting roles (Ferdinand, TMNT) to keep his name out there.

Next year-ish The Janson Directive produced by The Rock's production company will be his first, full on lead I do believe... but really, by that point I think he's got more than enough stuff behind him that succeed or fail he'll still be in demand more than likely. He's currently in China filming a movie tentatively called Project X with Jackie Chan.

You know the one role that I would have thought he could have killed it in was next years Shazam... Zach Levy looks like he's done a great job, but back when it was announced I thought his combination of being a giant of a man and naturally funny would have made him a great fit for the part... Oh well.

I think Cena continues to put in the odd mini-WWE run when and where he can; film insurance entanglements dependent.. What will probably go is stuff like him being on Total Bellas (he and Nikki got back together in June per People magazine)... maybe the odd cameo, but being off shooting on location or in other cities, plus the odd WWE match as part of that travelling sideshow will likely make his ability to commit to it harder (conversely his American Grit is usually shot over a week or two, so less of a commitment). The Rock had to go away to be successful... hell, it wasn't really until he started doing the Disney movies that he was able to fully shed the Rock moniker and become bankable... Cena's in a better spot because the Rock did it first so there's less of a gamble or stereotype on wrestlers being lunk heads.... Besides, he's got to stick around... How could the WWE possibly not give the guy the "record" breaking title reign to surpass Flair (I put record in quotes because it is likely that Flair had more reigns than the 16 he's "officially" credited with by the WWE.)

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2642
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 7-24-2018 at 05:12 AM Edit Post
Thanks for that, Charger. Also, anytime that trog posts news here, just copy, paste, then repost, that way we donít have to directly respond to him ever again.

And if youíre part of the problem, fuck you.

Addressing Cena, well...All I can say is Iím so happy about the work he did in 2015 to put that final stamp on his career and say fuck you to the haters, including myself.

I wish him the best lf luck in Hollywood, too. No one deserves it more than he.

[Edited on 7-24-2018 by CamstunPWG187]

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9127
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 7-24-2018 at 06:26 AM Edit Post
Rick was successfully able to block royberto from posting in this thread. It's only in this thread, but he did it!

if you see people quoting him or mentioning him....really at this point it's on them. They miss him and can't do without him. That and/or they have Tyler Durden issues. Best to just ignore those people too since they're perpetuating fiction and make-believe.

Don't Mess With Texas

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3300
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: PeriwinkleBlue

posted on 7-24-2018 at 07:31 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by williamssl

if you see people quoting him or mentioning him....really at this point it's on them.
I would like to emphasize this point. So I have. Count Obvious, signing off.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11091
Registered 1-19-2008
Location put in my place, again

Mood: dooooonnn't care!

posted on 7-24-2018 at 08:07 AM Edit Post
I agree to co-operate.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Y'know, families really do absolutely fucking suck. They're the true source of everything that fucks up someone's life. Would have been better off to have been born into a vat and raised by a government robot.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2642
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 7-24-2018 at 09:30 AM Edit Post
quote:
Rick was successfully able to block royberto from posting in this thread. It's only in this thread, but he did it!

Wait, is this for real? Rick can do that? Crossing my fingers hard.

AmericanNightmare
rOOkie

Posts 26
Registered 7-2-2006
Location Lilburn, GA

Mood: Spedoinkel!

posted on 7-24-2018 at 01:58 PM Edit Post
quote:

I am delighted. This thread FTW.

Back to lurking now.

I know you stole my Loverboy tape!

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   AmericanNightmare 's Yahoo
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 7-24-2018 at 01:59 PM Edit Post
* In the rumored battle of wills between HHH (Reigns) and Kevin Dunn (Lashley) over who should face Lesnar at SummerSlam, HHH won out. The question now is who will win the title at the show? Make no mistake, Reigns is still viewed as the WWE's top guy for the foreseeable future by most of the top brass, and efforts are ceaseless to get the fans to agree.

* Becky Lynch is expected to beat Carmella at SummerSlam and take the title to Evolution.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4277
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood:

posted on 7-24-2018 at 02:53 PM Edit Post
Unless she's keeping it warm for Charlotte(even though she already got her rematch), Carmella has burned through the rest of women's division so I think the odds are good Becky actually wins.

Say Carmella wins, then what? The only ones left would be the IIconics or maybe Sonya Deville.

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1098
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 7-24-2018 at 03:51 PM Edit Post
Who are you to doubt Mandy Rose?

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
royberto
I Do Not Know What Words Mean

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 7-24-2018 at 06:58 PM Edit Post
*Mickie James wants a match with Trish Stratus at Evolution

Rising above the trolls

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 7-24-2018 at 07:04 PM Edit Post
quote:

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11091
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 7-24-2018 at 07:15 PM Edit Post
quote:

It was beautiful while it lasted.

Well you know, just because these young men have little education and live in squalor, it doesn't entitle them to commit antisocial behaviour and get away with it.

Y'know, families really do absolutely fucking suck. They're the true source of everything that fucks up someone's life. Would have been better off to have been born into a vat and raised by a government robot.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2642
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 7-24-2018 at 07:16 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
quote:

Haha, that wonít happen. Why would she want it, l anyways? She had what was, at the time, the greatest womenís match in WWE history AT Wrestlemania. Then they had a lame match at Backlash no one remembered because someone dislocated their shoulder.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4277
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood:

posted on 7-24-2018 at 08:00 PM Edit Post
Not sure who you meant but it makes sense both would want it. It would give Mickie a big match and Trish might want it to wrestle a familiar opponent. It might not be any good but Trish vs any of the current women probably won't be a technical showcase, revisiting her history with Mickie could atleast provide a few fun character moments.
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3360
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 7-24-2018 at 10:00 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Not sure who you meant but it makes sense both would want it. It would give Mickie a big match and Trish might want it to wrestle a familiar opponent. It might not be any good but Trish vs any of the current women probably won't be a technical showcase, revisiting her history with Mickie could atleast provide a few fun character moments.

I like it when wrestlers canít get over in-character decade old beefs. It could be fun ... but ... if weíre getting Trish and Lita out of mothballs letís use them to put someone over that needs it. Naomi is a really good hand thatís often overlooked and might make for a great opponent to Lita while Charlotte over Trish kind of needs to happen.

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 9127
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

posted on 7-24-2018 at 11:44 PM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
quote:

It was beautiful while it lasted.

via GIPHY

Don't Mess With Texas

lz4005
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1703
Registered 11-12-2003

Mood: Oolitic

posted on 7-25-2018 at 01:36 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler....decade old beefs....

Do NOT talk about Mickie that way.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 11091
Registered 1-19-2008

posted on 7-25-2018 at 03:30 AM Edit Post
quote:
Originally posted by lz4005
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler....decade old beefs....

Do NOT talk about Mickie that way.

Well played. That one deserves a free Arby's sammich.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2642
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

posted on 7-25-2018 at 04:28 AM Edit Post
I was talking about Mickie. Itís silly that sheíd want to drag Trish out of retirement when that original feud was as good as the womenís division has ever had (there still hasnít been such weight in a modern-day womenís feud, yet). She had one of the best matches at Mania, too.

Make magic happen with others.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top