The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: E3 2018 (#PerfectForSwitch Edition)
CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2340
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 6-13-2018 at 07:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
E3 2018 (#PerfectForSwitch Edition)

https://youtu.be/DWLaA5yI2pA

Fortnite and Hollow Knight Available NOW!!

Paladins out

Smash Bros. Ultimate coming in December (all characters from every game, and seemingly building to including just about any and everything from the entire series, but THAT’S not a guarantee). Oh, and Fanboys cheered when Ridley was revealed

Dragon ball FighterZ coming soon

Some cel-shaded mech game actually looks quite interesting

Fire Emblem looks sweet

Octopath Traveler coming this summer

New Pokemon game is casual as hell, but that Pokeball thing looks neat

Minecraft coming this month

New DLC for Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Mario and Rabbids

MIA: Bayonetta 3, Yoshi (said to have been delayed), Metroid Prime 4, and some others.

I thought it was solid.

[Edited on 6-15-2018 by CamstunPWG187]

the goon
Sister Act

Posts 7518
Registered 3-13-2004
Location Charlotte, NC

Mood:

posted on 6-14-2018 at 03:39 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I'm a little bummed there wasn't a true "holy shit!" surprise (and where was Metroid Prime 4?), but the new Smash Bros is looking pretty insane. Glad to see Solid Snake back in the lineup.

Though really, I think I was most psyched for the Resident Evil 2 remake, since I loved that game back in the day. If I ever get around to buying a PS4, that'll be a definite purchase for me.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2340
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 6-15-2018 at 05:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Yeah, we can just make it the E3 thread.

Ori and the Will Of The Whisps looked insane, as did RE2.

Other standouts for me:

-Tunic (isometric Zelda-style indie game with the Fox)
-Session (skating game)
-Last of Us 2

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7334
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 6-15-2018 at 05:36 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I only wound up with three preorders coming out of E3 this year: the new Assassin’s Creed, Cyberpunk, and Anthem, which has the potential to be canceled depending on how the game’s hype winds up looking. The Fallout 76 news was just disappointing (honestly I may have given it a shot had it been an MMO or just a regular Fallout that happened to have other people in it, but I stick by my “Online Survival games are stupid” stance), and the E3 deals were sad (I did get God of War for $35). I was hoping Nintendo might follow Sony and Microsoft and drop the price on the Switch, but then I looked and their deal was “Free 128GB Memory Card”, which just reminded me why I didn’t have one yet.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3235
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Can't Even

posted on 6-15-2018 at 11:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I know I can't (and I'm not trying to) tell people what to do with their disposable incomes, but I wish "preordering" would stop being a thing. It's encouraging some pretty borderline-bad behaviour on the part of The Video Game Industry, and the benefits to the customer are, at best, less-than-amazing.

Anywho, to remain on topic, I would -love- to play Cyberpunk2077, but I am so terribad at "FirstPersonViewpoint" gaming, whether it's FPS, FPRPG, or FPWalkingSimulator. The only series I was able to manage from 1st Person was the Portal/Portal 2 duo, and even then sometimes I had to put the game away before I started throwing things. The sense of astonishment I felt when I actually -finished- Portal 2 was like I was responsible for putting astronauts on the moon or some equally nigh-impossible thing.

With that said, CP2077 looks amazing and awesome and pretty much everything I would like in my videogames. I'm a huge William Gibson/Dystopian Future kinda person.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top