The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Disillusioned with WWE
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3202
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 7-12-2018 at 05:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PB-13
Show count for 2018 is at 40 with two shows this coming weekend.

Now that it looks like Nakamura is back on for the house show, the 21st is a tougher call. Says something when the ads for the show primarily promote Styles, Nakamura, Bryan, and Jeff Hardy and I still have to think about it.

PB, do you have a website you could direct me to for Indy tickets? Do you get them from Stubhub? I live 15 minutes from Philly so Iím sure there are options but I donít even know where to start. Thanks man!

Reigning, Defending, Undisputed, Half of an Award One Time Winner

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002
Location Belleville, IL(near St. Louis)

Mood: No Mood.

posted on 7-13-2018 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Generally each promotion has the ticket information on their website or Facebook page. For some you can simply send a Facebook message to the promotion's page and contact them that way. It pretty much depends on the group.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 7-15-2018 at 06:34 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
About 2-3 years ago, St. Louis-area wrestler Mat Fitchett started calling out David Arquette in YouTube promos. They had some interaction on Twitter more recently. This past WrestleMania weekend, they had a confrontation at one of the indie shows.

Now, incredibly, it's been confirmed: David Arquette will be at St. Louis Anarchy on August 24th, presumably for a match with Fitchett.

Wrestling is crazy.

Show count: 42.

-PB

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member   PB-13 's Aim   PB-13 's Yahoo
mastermind
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1154
Registered 3-7-2002
Location Brockton MA

posted on 7-16-2018 at 07:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I read somewhere that nobody has ever overdosed on weed or pro wrestling. So this weekend I tried both. XWA in West Warwick RI is on the come-up. They'll even be on Amazon Prime among other providers very soon. All info can be found by simply intrawebbing them. XWA has its own Arena/Training warehouse that hosts live weekly shows (every Thursday Night) like an Indy WWE Raw. Best part - tickets are $5! So I started my journey on Thursday in WW with XWA Thursday Nifht Throwdown. Last show before their Annual SUPER show Wrestlution on Sunday. Meanwhile I'm on Dab Street in Wax City with a new glass attachment for my good ol dab rig.

Friday Night was XPac's birthday so I spent it high as fuck in Lowell MA for Chaotic Wrestling. Longtime Northshore org, Chaotic shares bloodlines with the old Killer Kowalski camp & school. XPac was in the Main Event tag match on Friday with JTDunn against KillaNova Inc, a well-known New England heel tandem. Saturday Night I floated to New Bedford on medicated gummies and chocolate bars for a House of Bricks show called "SlamMasters". HoB is the definition of Colt Cabana's $5 Wrestling (except it costs $10) and is filled with old folk and 16-18 year-old wannabes. Worst production values, ridiculous gimmicks, terrible workrate and low attendance. All of which makes it so fucking great and low-key intimate. HoB to me represents everything that is so pitiful yet endearing about extremely off-broadway pro wrestling shows. I love it.

Finally Sunday was the Main Event of my weekend - Wrestlution18 back in West Warwick RI. The "Wrestlemania" of XWA and they broke open the bank while I cracked the seal on a fresh P of GG#4 (aka "Don't call me Gorilla Glue anymore). I had a chance to touch base with Eazy Eric Bischoff, Paul London, Matt Striker, Matt Sydal, Sami Callihan, John Morrison and a long conversation with RVD over boxing (Vinny Paz was his guest tonight) and dabs (he's down). The show itself was in a sweatbox ice rink and had everything from ladder matches to table spots. Local bigshot JT Dunn spent the weeks leading up to this show trying to launch an online campaign to get Hulk Hogans attention as his opponent for this show (yeah right). Instead, he smashed a Hulk Hogan imposter in quick order before beating champ Austin Theory in a "Last Man Standing" bout to become 2x XWA Champion. RVD vs Morrison sealed the deal after 3+hours of blazing action. Got back to girls house 5 minutes away for last 90 mins of Extreme Rules (Bobby Lashley! Nice!)

So in conclusion, I did not pass away though I did make it to heaven this past weekend. I'm not sick, I'm not hungover though perhaps still a bit delirious. Though this tends to be my typical state of mind anyway. I can't wait to tune into Raw tonight and Smackdown tomm (a return to pro wrestling "normalcy" so to speak) while ROH, Luchu Underground, Impact and NJPW make their rounds through my DVR. I don't have time for all of this stuff all the time, so I find myself binge watching Episodes of a particular show over time. Eventually i will catch up. All TV filler of course until NEXT weekend when the NEXT round of Indy cards hits the area! Got a huge Top Rope Pro show coming up in my hometown of Broken City that will feature XPac, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash together again.

Until then, stay lit my friends! And remember, for those of us who believe- no explanation is needed. Peace.

Join the amazing world of Mash-Up Wrestling!

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

Mood: Sick of hokey shit

posted on 7-16-2018 at 08:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mastermind
I read somewhere that nobody has ever overdosed on weed or pro wrestling. So this weekend I tried both. XWA in West Warwick RI is on the come-up. They'll even be on Amazon Prime among other providers very soon. All info can be found by simply intrawebbing them. XWA has its own Arena/Training warehouse that hosts live weekly shows (every Thursday Night) like an Indy WWE Raw. Best part - tickets are $5! So I started my journey on Thursday in WW with XWA Thursday Nifht Throwdown. Last show before their Annual SUPER show Wrestlution on Sunday. Meanwhile I'm on Dab Street in Wax City with a new glass attachment for my good ol dab rig.

Friday Night was XPac's birthday so I spent it high as fuck in Lowell MA for Chaotic Wrestling. Longtime Northshore org, Chaotic shares bloodlines with the old Killer Kowalski camp & school. XPac was in the Main Event tag match on Friday with JTDunn against KillaNova Inc, a well-known New England heel tandem. Saturday Night I floated to New Bedford on medicated gummies and chocolate bars for a House of Bricks show called "SlamMasters". HoB is the definition of Colt Cabana's $5 Wrestling (except it costs $10) and is filled with old folk and 16-18 year-old wannabes. Worst production values, ridiculous gimmicks, terrible workrate and low attendance. All of which makes it so fucking great and low-key intimate. HoB to me represents everything that is so pitiful yet endearing about extremely off-broadway pro wrestling shows. I love it.

Finally Sunday was the Main Event of my weekend - Wrestlution18 back in West Warwick RI. The "Wrestlemania" of XWA and they broke open the bank while I cracked the seal on a fresh P of GG#4 (aka "Don't call me Gorilla Glue anymore). I had a chance to touch base with Eazy Eric Bischoff, Paul London, Matt Striker, Matt Sydal, Sami Callihan, John Morrison and a long conversation with RVD over boxing (Vinny Paz was his guest tonight) and dabs (he's down). The show itself was in a sweatbox ice rink and had everything from ladder matches to table spots. Local bigshot JT Dunn spent the weeks leading up to this show trying to launch an online campaign to get Hulk Hogans attention as his opponent for this show (yeah right). Instead, he smashed a Hulk Hogan imposter in quick order before beating champ Austin Theory in a "Last Man Standing" bout to become 2x XWA Champion. RVD vs Morrison sealed the deal after 3+hours of blazing action. Got back to girls house 5 minutes away for last 90 mins of Extreme Rules (Bobby Lashley! Nice!)

So in conclusion, I did not pass away though I did make it to heaven this past weekend. I'm not sick, I'm not hungover though perhaps still a bit delirious. Though this tends to be my typical state of mind anyway. I can't wait to tune into Raw tonight and Smackdown tomm (a return to pro wrestling "normalcy" so to speak) while ROH, Luchu Underground, Impact and NJPW make their rounds through my DVR. I don't have time for all of this stuff all the time, so I find myself binge watching Episodes of a particular show over time. Eventually i will catch up. All TV filler of course until NEXT weekend when the NEXT round of Indy cards hits the area! Got a huge Top Rope Pro show coming up in my hometown of Broken City that will feature XPac, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash together again.

Until then, stay lit my friends! And remember, for those of us who believe- no explanation is needed. Peace.

POTY Nominee.

I feel high just reading that.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3202
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 7-17-2018 at 06:44 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CCharger
quote:
Originally posted by mastermind

POTY Nominee.

I feel high just reading that.

Shiiiiiit man ... in Philly we roll joints and blunts to pregame for joints and blunts. Back in October I went to ... surprisingly enough ... Octoberfest. I thought 8 joints was enough for the night.

We ran out before 10pm.

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 7-18-2018 at 04:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
As far as my local scene is concerned...unfortunately David Arquette has cancelled his scheduled appearance. Would have been neat, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

This coming weekend for me: Saturday, Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL with Kevin Sullivan as the special guest. Sunday, Glory Pro Wrestling in Collinsville, IL with Jake "The Snake" Roberts appearing.

Sounds like Mastermind had an outstanding weekend (while I don't partake in the weed side of things, the wrestling part is AOK by me). I'm looking forward to meeting Sean Waltman at a Glory Pro show in October; he'll be in a six-man tag along with Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell against the "No New Friends" trio of Kevin Lee Davidson, Danny Adams, & Mike Outlaw. Bwahahaha.

[Edited on 7-18-2018 by PB-13]

-PB

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 7-18-2018 at 04:45 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

Shiiiiiit man ... in Philly we roll joints and blunts to pregame for joints and blunts. Back in October I went to ... surprisingly enough ... Octoberfest. I thought 8 joints was enough for the night.

We ran out before 10pm.
This is what I heard in my head as soon as I read your second (well, I dunno if "shiiiiit man" counts, but I'll roll with it for clarity's sake) sentence.

[Edited on 7-18-2018 by Count Zero]

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 7-23-2018 at 04:00 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Quite the weekend, seeing Kevin Sullivan at SICW on Saturday and then meeting Jake The Snake yesterday.

2018 show count: 44.

-PB

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3202
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 7-23-2018 at 07:15 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Count Zero
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler

We ran out before 10pm.
This is what I heard in my head as soon as I read your second (well, I dunno if "shiiiiit man" counts, but I'll roll with it for clarity's sake) sentence.

[Edited on 7-18-2018 by Count Zero]

I always smoke 2 joints before I smoke 2 joints.

And then I smoke 2 more!

CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 7-24-2018 at 09:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
https://www.cagesideseats.com/2018/7/24/17606740/i-hate-wwe?hl=1&noRedirect=1

While not all his points were bulls-eyes, he makes a lot of good points.

As I have pointed out before, I don't have the energy to hate something that I'm not interested in. I'm sure this guy will get there eventually.

CamstunPWG187
The Rowdy One

Posts 2491
Registered 5-2-2010
Location Harbin, China

Mood: Barbecue

posted on 7-25-2018 at 03:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Here is my response if you complain about WWE yet continue to watch it and give them your money: get into the indies or NJPW, or shut the fuck up.
CCharger
The Man

Posts 5047
Registered 7-21-2010

posted on 7-25-2018 at 02:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CamstunPWG187
Here is my response if you complain about WWE yet continue to watch it and give them your money: get into the indies or NJPW, or shut the fuck up.

Oh, I agree 100%.

This is a lesson I learned recently. It wasn't worth the energy to hate on WWE. I just stopped watching.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3278
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 7-25-2018 at 10:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I don't know if I even got to the "hate" stage. I felt more like the "I'm not angry, I'm just really really disappointed in you" thing that parents pull on their kids. Luckily, I'm not responsible for the WWE until it turns 18ish, so I kicked them out of my viewing habits for the most part. They still come visit sometimes, and I tolerate varying levels of their bullshit depending on what's going on at that moment in time, but... Yeah. Not under my roof, Vince.
PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 7-31-2018 at 02:48 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Dynamo Pro was an odd show on Saturday. Short-handed since some of their regulars were at other promotions, so only six matches...the main was very angle-driven and short, but it had a title change that sent the fans home happy.

August looks like this for me:
-Friday 8/3: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Grafton, IL
-Sunday 8/5: Glory Pro Wrestling: Resurgence in Swansea, IL
-Saturday 8/11: Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
-Sunday 8/12: Wrestling Over Everything in Centreville, IL
-Saturday 8/18: World League Wrestling in Troy, MO; SICW in East Carondelet, IL
-Friday 8/24: St. Louis Anarchy/Pro Wrestling Championship Series in Alton, IL
-Saturday 8/25: Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in Swansea, IL
-Sunday 8/26: Proving Ground Pro in Petersburg, IL

Current 2018 show count: 45.

[Edited on 7-31-2018 by PB-13]

-PB

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 8-4-2018 at 06:29 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Fine Dynamo Pro show this evening; the quarterfinals of the Riot On The River Tournament took place, plus Makaze retained the Heavyweight Title against Adrian Surge thanks to a little bit of outside help.

On top of that, Rahne Victoria became the first Dynamo Pro Women's Champion by winning a triple threat match with Tootie Lynn Ramsey and Savanna Stone. Super cool to see a women's title finally introduced in the immediate St. Louis area; they've all worked hard.

Still deciding on whether I'll take in a show tomorrow night, mostly because they're all pretty long drives away. Sunday has Glory Pro/Resurgence which is a bit closer to home.

Current 2018 show count: 46.

-PB

mastermind
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1154
Registered 3-7-2002
Location Brockton MA

posted on 8-6-2018 at 02:36 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Damn PB13 that's awesome! I'd have to doublecheck my own numbers but that's impressive. I might be able to top it tho with one more weed story.

I was at Evolve / Progress double header yesterday in Melrose. There was an hour or so break in between shows, so I do the regular - bump some BlocBoy JB and take some dab rips in my car. So I'm in the back chilling, when a dude rolls up. He's all polite and shit, like "excuse me do I mind if I smoke here?" He's got a little glass pipe in his hand. I look over and it's muthaphuckkin Matt Riddle himself! I'm like BRO! I'm taking some fucking dab rips right now! He's like "dude!" I'm all like "bro do u want one??" He's like "Hell Yeah!" It's "for his finger" ya know, the one that got the nail ripped off in Philly night before.

So me and Matt Riddle chilled for intermission taking dabs and pipe hits in the parking lot of Melrose Memorial Hall! Among many many things, I learned (what I already suspected) about West Coast feds like PWG - those dudes stay with dab rigs in their car too. Shibata hits the lightest - Minoru Suzuki hits the hardest - and nothing is confirmed with WWE until you start getting paychecks!

Real talk, dude is the most humble, real, down to earth bro despite flying sky high with your boy. He always had my respect, but seeing this muthaphuckka kill a KING SIZE DAB then go on to wrestle again in the Progress Main Event, Matt Riddle earned my undying fan loyalty. King of Bro Style meets the King of Dab Street. Only in Grassachusetts State.

If I knew how to post pics I would post the nerdboy fan pic selfie I took afterwards. We both look mentally retarded lol. Bro! Bro! Bro!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 8-6-2018 at 04:10 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Chatted with Riddle a couple of times at shows, was like talking to RVD for the obvious reasons. Good dude, wish him the best.

-PB

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 8-6-2018 at 04:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Glory Pro Resurgence was fun yesterday. Neither show this past weekend had an overly strong attendance, though that's hardly a knock on the products. Rahne and Sophie King beat Savanna and Tootie in a solid tag match; heel Sophie is obsessed with disproving Savanna's catchphrase "you can't break Stone", winning after hitting her with a hammer to the midsection.

Air Wolf dropped the Resurgence Title to Canadian Tyler Colton, who could be a tough powerhouse to knock off the top. Air Wolf is very young (18, I think) and has his whole career ahead of him...guy to keep an eye on. Other favorites of the night were the Alpha Omega vs. Hysteria tag match, Mikey McFinnegan's comedy spots, a hard-hitting hoss battle between Shigehiro Irie and KLD, and rookie James Brady looking really good in only his third match ever(with the first two happening on Saturday!).

Official 2018 show count: 47.

-PB

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 3202
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 8-6-2018 at 05:41 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rumor Confirmed

PB is Comicbook Guy and/or the WOW player who was vanquished by The Sword of a Thousand Truths.

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 8-6-2018 at 06:20 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Physique matches up. Neckbeard does as well. Only I have glasses and work in a law firm.

I CONFESS TO NOTHIIIIING.

-PB

mastermind
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1154
Registered 3-7-2002
Location Brockton MA

posted on 8-7-2018 at 01:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 8-7-2018 at 03:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
NOICE.

Lower-key weekend coming up with MMWA on Saturday and Wrestling Over Everything (unfortunate acronym) on Sunday.

-PB

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6257
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Turd Cutterson

posted on 8-7-2018 at 04:22 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I got a contact high just looking at that photo.

"...if you ever want to cash some checks in North America youíre going to have to swallow your pride and do some dumb shit from time to time. You just gotta make it the best dumb shit you can." The DooK of New Jersey

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

PB-13
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1073
Registered 7-27-2002

posted on 8-22-2018 at 04:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Good times at the local shows as usual. Last weekend's shows were oddly shorthanded for both promotions I attended. Dynamo had a six-match card of which we only knew two bouts beforehand. One of those matches was an indie staple: Run-in DQ leading to impromptu tag match with people who have already worked. WLW had a THREE-match show, though one match was a 15:00 draw and the main was a three-segment gauntlet match. At both shows, the respective Women's Champions only did promos; it worked for Rahne Victoria since she just became the champ, but Stacey O'Brien had been advertised as defending in an open challenge and instead just did a promo about her lack of competition. I was like "you couldn't get literally ANYONE?"...ah well.

St. Louis Anarchy/PWCS on Friday(the one that was supposed to have David Arquette but doesn't) and Dynamo again on Saturday.

Current show count for 2018: 51.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top