The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rumor Crap 2018: Volume 2
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 2494
Registered 1-25-2008
Location One Inch Right of Philly on a Map

Mood: Old

posted on 5-7-2018 at 08:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rumor Crap 2018: Volume 2

As is tradition we must start a new rumor thread after the 40 page mark to avoid the bOOardpocalypse. Our last rumors mostly centered around (redacted) calling everyone trolls from his lonely fortress of virginity and the many reasons why the universe (and The WWE Universe as well) hates RoBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ReBOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Discuss.

Drew Gulak guy.

Former and current Braun Strowman guy.

0 Time Award Winner

OORick
If There Was Ever a Time

Posts 3979
Registered 12-27-2001
Location - The Birthplace of Aviation

Mood: The Time is Right

posted on 5-8-2018 at 12:22 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also, the last two UFC Horsewomen now in training for WWE.

Also also, there will be THREE MitB Ladder Matches at the MitB PPV, but as of now, no clarity on WHICH three (I vote for a tag team one!).

And hey, goddammit, if you'd just waited, I actually show up here on Mondays! I would have made the new thread!

Rick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
williamssl
Steers and Queers

Posts 8366
Registered 1-11-2004
Location La La Land

Mood: Fuck USC

posted on 5-8-2018 at 01:15 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Also as a reminder, not that it's needed since we all share one mind, but we are...

...so please remember to simply agree with almost everyone. Almost.

Don't Mess With Texas

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3007
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Stugotz

posted on 5-8-2018 at 04:00 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
And hey, goddammit, if you'd just waited, I actually show up here on Mondays! I would have made the new thread!

Rick
I agree with this. I also agree with Broiler's passive takeover, because I don't like hostile ones.

Bzz bzzz bzz.

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 2494
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 5-8-2018 at 03:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OORick
Also, the last two UFC Horsewomen now in training for WWE.

Also also, there will be THREE MitB Ladder Matches at the MitB PPV, but as of now, no clarity on WHICH three (I vote for a tag team one!).

Rick

Rumor: DK rarely shows up here on Monday.

Drew Gulak guy.

0 Time Award Winner

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 2494
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 5-8-2018 at 03:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Per Bleacher Report, Kevin Owens just signed a new 5 year deal which should keep him in WWE until he is 39 years old. Being that charismatic wrestlers often peak in their late 30s or early 40s, I would not be surprised to see KO have multiple WWE or Universal Championship reigns in that time.

Hopefully he - like Samoa Joe - can get their weight in order and keep on going well into the next decade. Dropping 30 to 40 pounds for each of these guys could prolong their careers (and lives) quite a bit.

Drew Gulak guy.

0 Time Award Winner

royberto
I Do Not Know What Words Mean

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 5-8-2018 at 04:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Impact Wrestling footage has now made it to the WWE Network. On the latest Table for 3, they showed footage of a match between AJ Styles and Kurt Angle from Hard Justice 2008, and then actually promoted the Global Wrestling Network app at the end of the episode.

Rising above the trolls

Cherokee Jack
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1710
Registered 2-24-2009
Location New Orleans, LA

Mood:

posted on 5-8-2018 at 06:28 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Speaking of things appearing on the Network, they’ve begun adding Sunday Night Heat. So far I think it’s just the first year, but oh boy is there a gem in there.

Not sure if anyone will remember this, but way back on 2/28/99 they were doing Heat live, but satellite issues prevented the video signal from going out. So if you tuned into USA that night, you just saw the Heat logo on screen while Kevin Kelly and Terry Taylor called it as a radio broadcast. They did it like this for about half the show, I guess hoping that they’d get back up and running, before giving up and just airing the previous week’s episode.

Well the first batch of Heat episodes includes this one, completely available for I’m pretty sure the first time. All I will say is to watch Goldust’s promo, done around the time he was involved with Blue Meanie. Holeeeeeee shit.

The episode also includes the Undertaker (on Heat! Remember when the secondary shows actually mattered?) taking on Kurrgan and what I’m fairly certain was the Public Enemy’s only televised win in their short WWF run.

But that promo. Goddamn. Would’ve liked to see them run further with that pairing, but I guess Dustin taking off for WCW that spring killed any chance of that.

I'm Cherokee Jack!

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 5-9-2018 at 02:07 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Nick "Big Bully" Busick has passed away at the age of 63:

http://www.wwe.com/article/big-bully-busick-passes

One of the best staches in the business.

Rising above the trolls

Dyn-O-Mite
And I am AWESOME

Posts 244
Registered 12-14-2005

Mood: Thread Killing

posted on 5-9-2018 at 05:14 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cherokee Jack
Speaking of things appearing on the Network, they’ve begun adding Sunday Night Heat. So far I think it’s just the first year, but oh boy is there a gem in there.

Not sure if anyone will remember this, but way back on 2/28/99

what I’m fairly certain was the Public Enemy’s only televised win in their short WWF run.

Some fine work slow-playing the lede here -- not mentioning both that the rare PE win was over an early, bland incarnation of the Hardy Boyz, and featured an appearance of Edge & Christian as members of the Brood...

2 of these 3 teams turned out not like the others....

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4209
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 5-9-2018 at 09:09 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So while the WWE has publicly applauded Hogan's various good deeds to rehab his name, and they continue to deny that he's signed any contract with them; Hogan himself seems to be incapable of not running around and at least off the record telling people that he's back... What's more, after a recent interview it sounds like he told one interviewer that he'll be wrestling a match for them too.

Look I personally thought it was a mistake for the WWE to fire him; not that he didn't deserve to take a public shaming, but that I thought that the WWE could have accomplished more good working with him instead of just cutting ties and pretending he never worked for them... But outside of occasional pop the crowd type moments or some network stuff that's about all that the WWE should be doing with him... The man makes the Undertaker look spry and assuming this rumour is true, should be nowhere near a wrestling ring at this point, never mind wrestling in one.

I don't even know who you would put him in there with... Brock so you could watch Hogan literally explode? Undertaker in the battle of a soon to be using a walker match?

It's Reigns... so Reigns can be an even bigger deal.

First 9
The Great One

Posts 3386
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 5-9-2018 at 11:56 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
If they don't trust Kurt Agle in a singles match, no way in shit Hogan gets one. If he's wrestling it has to be tagging with Cena or something like that.
Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3007
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: Stugotz

posted on 5-10-2018 at 08:40 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
If they don't trust Kurt Agle in a singles match, no way in shit Hogan gets one. If he's wrestling it has to be tagging with Reigns or something like that.
Mabey?

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4209
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 5-10-2018 at 05:55 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
So maybe tags with Reigns, but then delivers a 10 minute promo about how great Reigns is afterwards?
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 2494
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 5-10-2018 at 06:51 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Per Bleacher Report ...

Charlotte is out indefinitely with a ruptured boob.

Drew Gulak guy.

0 Time Award Winner

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7070
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 5-10-2018 at 07:42 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You want everyone to remember that Hogan had his racist rant? Team him with the guy that people boo everything he does. That way you put them in a negative mindset and let them remember why Hogan disappeared for a few years.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 277
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood: Housified

posted on 5-10-2018 at 08:46 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Per Bleacher Report ...

Charlotte is out indefinitely with a ruptured boob.

Maybe they can fix the lopsided-ness while they are working on it.

salmonjunkie
Best There Is Was or Ever Will Be

Posts 12278
Registered 6-25-2002
Location Sunny Seattle, WA

Mood: Authoritized

posted on 5-10-2018 at 10:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I read that she's been working with this ruptured implant since before WrestleMania. She's going to be out for a few weeks post surgery to fix it.

[Edited on 5-10-2018 by salmonjunkie]

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   salmonjunkie 's Aim   salmonjunkie 's Yahoo
Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 9463
Registered 1-19-2008
Location Stupid Idiot Section

Mood: Staten Island trash!

posted on 5-11-2018 at 01:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
* Booker T is on record as saying that Hulk Hogan should be reinstated and that he shouldn't have been suspended in the first place; he also said that Hogan isn't a racist at all and that he and Stevie Ray wouldn't have gotten a chance as Harlem Heat in WCW without Hogan pushing them

* Lita called out WWE for their bullshit propaganda regarding the show in Saudi Arabia; she basically blasted them for their "Arab culture is going through a major change" nonsense and said that if they did it all for the money the Saudi government gave them to hold the show there then they could have at least been honest enough to admit it

* Big Cass is in trouble already backstage after his recent return from injury; apparently his segment on SD last week with the midget dressed up as Daniel Bryan was supposed to end with him giving the little guy the big boot; instead Cass got down and beat him up further with a flurry of punches; the big guys backstage, including Vince, are said to be pretty pissed off at him for going off-script this way and brushing too close to the non-PG sort of violence they no longer do

* the fans walking out at the end of Backlash while the Reigns/Joe match was still going on is being described today as finally being an "eye-opener" for Vince McMahon in terms of WWE's problems in their current booking of Reigns; it can be qualified somewhat though by noting that the match, which was run-of-the-mill at best, went on past 11 PM and that some of the fans that left did it because it was too late at night, the same way some ticket-holders will also do at unimportant or unexciting pro sports games that go on for too long

[Edited on 5/11/2018 by Paddlefoot]

FOIT! FOIT! FOIT! FOOKIN' CHERLETTE! - Florida Jan-Man

I show the world a face not made by God - Frank Castle

nOOb
The Man

Posts 7070
Registered 5-24-2004

Mood: Hot Dog!

posted on 5-11-2018 at 12:21 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
* the fans walking out at the end of Backlash while the Reigns/Joe match was still going on is being described today as finally being an "eye-opener" for Vince McMahon in terms of WWE's problems in their current booking of Reigns; it can be qualified somewhat though by noting that the match, which was run-of-the-mill at best, went on past 11 PM and that some of the fans that left did it because it was too late at night, the same way some ticket-holders will also do at unimportant or unexciting pro sports games that go on for too long

[Edited on 5/11/2018 by Paddlefoot]

Translation: see ya later Joe, and clearly Reigns needs more things to do.

"The Seahawks are cool. Me and Tubby here hung out with them once at a Bruno Mars concert."-Jay and Silent Bob representing the Broncos on FOX NFL Sunday.

ulsterphil
Fella

Posts 277
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Northern Ireland

Mood: Housified

posted on 5-11-2018 at 02:34 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
There have been far more visible signs of apathy towards Reigns before now and nothing has changed yet so il take that news of "an eye-opener" with a pinch of salt.
DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 2494
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 5-11-2018 at 02:52 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Rumor: Lashley is going to turn heel.

I was just listening to the Sam Roberts Podcast and he brought up something that I thought exactly but assumed I was the only one. When I saw the Lashley interview I thought “Is this a heel turn?” It seemed way over the top and a lot like the early Kurt Angle vinettes. Then I looked around and seemed like I was the only person who thought that they may have been intentionally cheesy. I dunno. It was either the worst face interview segment imaginable or a super clever heel turn. I’m all for Lashley as a heel against Strowman.

Drew Gulak guy.

0 Time Award Winner

DKBroiler
SpeciASSl CUMedian

Posts 2494
Registered 1-25-2008

posted on 5-11-2018 at 02:57 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterphil
There have been far more visible signs of apathy towards Reigns before now and nothing has changed yet so il take that news of "an eye-opener" with a pinch of salt.

Depends. Even though he isn’t a Vince creation, I get the feeling that Vince has a serious Samoa Joe hard-on. It’s not totally out of leftfield to think Vince thought “They were booing Lesnar, not Roman! It’s obvious! And I’ll prove it by putting him against our top heel - SAHHHHHHMOAAAAAAHHHHH JOE! That will show them! Fuck the nerds!”

Then, when Joe - who anyone who watches the product knows is over as fuck in both popularity and heel heat (not easy to be a scary cool heel, it’s usually one or the other) - is in a match where the crowd leaves it might have been the kick in the ass Vince needed.

Drew Gulak guy.

0 Time Award Winner

GodEatGod
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1982
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 5-11-2018 at 04:45 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Not really a rumor, but they posted a video of Lana congratulating Rusev on getting in the MitB match. She sings about Rusev Day and is nice to Aiden so hopefully that means they saw the immediate negative reaction to her teasing dissension and will just put her with them. Incidentally, she's also cut WAY back on the fake accent, although it came out now and then.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 5-11-2018 at 05:39 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
* Lita called out WWE for their bullshit propaganda regarding the show in Saudi Arabia; she basically blasted them for their "Arab culture is going through a major change" nonsense and said that if they did it all for the money the Saudi government gave them to hold the show there then they could have at least been honest enough to admit it
Where she fails and doesn't seem to get is that doing it for the money and doing it to help push along change are n ot mutually exclusive. She acts like you can only feel one way or the other. Pretty ignorant on her part.

It seems now that the last 2 UFC Horsewomen have signed that WWE is starting to tease the UFC Horsewomen vs. WWE Horsewomen again:

Rising above the trolls

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top