The Online Onslaught Forums

By contributing to Online Onslaught, you'll help make sure we're around for years to come. Toss us as little as a few bucks, or as much as your generosity allows. Thanks!

Last active: Never Not logged in [Login ]

Printable Version |
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OOfficial Discussion Thread for: RAW (February 26, 2018)
janerd75
The Man

Posts 6133
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 2-27-2018 at 03:32 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Get this pointless female interviewer dimwit out of the ring and off my screen!!! #LongLiveThePatriarchy

Also, Roman's addition by subtraction holds no water with this pOOster! ReBOOOOOOOOOOOOO4Lyfe!!!!

No lie, Jarius "JJ" Robertson is AWEEEEESOME!!!!!!

ETA: I WANT TO WALK!!! PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!

Lol, Vince and Bukkuke Dunn think Roman > Braun/Elias

ETA2: Pay attention dicklovers, 'cause this match betwixt Elias and Braun is the future of the WWE.

[Edited on 2-27-2018 by janerd75]

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Columbo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1011
Registered 11-2-2004
Location @columbo527

Mood: GodDamnWOOO

posted on 2-27-2018 at 03:52 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the goon
So I wonder if Brock not being there was a legit last minute thing or if it was always the WWE's intention to have him "no show" to further along the storyline.

I'd bet my left nut that it was always WWE's intention for him to "no show". That being said good promo Roman it only took you 5 years, also I still don't give a fuck Roman Coronation part 93.

"The North Cafeteria, named after Admiral William North, is located in the western portion of East Hall, gateway to the western half of North Hall, which is named, not after William North, but for its position above the South Wall. It is the most contested and confusing battlefield on Greendaleís campus, next to the English Memorial Spanish Center, named after English Memorial, a Portuguese sailor that discovered Greendale while looking for a fountain that cured syphilis."

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7838
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 2-27-2018 at 03:56 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Elias is reaching the point of being played out. His limited ring skills arenít helping.
Il Palazzo
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1360
Registered 2-25-2006
Location Cheddar Bay, NC

Mood: Stepladder

posted on 2-27-2018 at 04:03 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I get that it fits into our Main Event Promo Time, but it's a bit lame to replay a video from the start of the show at the end. WHAT IS THIS, A WWE SHOW?!?!

Oh, I love legitimate theatre.

janerd75
The Man

Posts 6133
Registered 1-28-2013
Location Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah Aah Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang

Mood: Orton (Orton)

posted on 2-27-2018 at 04:05 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigfatgoalie
Elias is reaching the point of being played out. His limited ring skills arenít helping.

That was a darn fine NXT. - Imam DooKi Broiler Jerzistani El Ballenhoopi

Catch-As-Catch-Can: The Non-Specific Wrestling Thread

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3264
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 2-27-2018 at 04:09 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
And this means we'll see him for the next 4 years, exactly as-is, in or around the main event. WWE: Never Changing The Characters You Love Until It's Too Late.

bigfatgoalie
American Dream

Posts 7838
Registered 1-16-2002
Location Stratusphere

Mood: Stratusfied

posted on 2-27-2018 at 05:27 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janerd75
quote:

I'm sorry, but when you've had this

...you don't put up with Elias gimmick. And when you have Crossfit Jesus, Smiling Irish Man, and even ReBOOOOOOO, Elias seems ridiculously out of place.

Paddlefoot
Rocco Rock of Jabroni

Posts 10711
Registered 1-19-2008

Mood: Blade Jaggart Rulez!

posted on 2-27-2018 at 05:51 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Could improve it some with Elias going full-slappy with a few weeks worth of Jarrett-esque guitar smashings. Hitting people with guitars (not those poorly disguised hardened-foam ones from WCW though) for a while usually makes things in Our Sport somewhat better.
CVD39
Showstopper

Posts 778
Registered 1-16-2013

Mood:

posted on 2-27-2018 at 07:54 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
It looks like they're going to do Miz/Rollins/Balor for WM but I think they should add Elias and Brawn (and maybe Crews for another body) and make it a Ladder Match. I figure they don't want to take away the main gimmick from one of the next PPVs but this could be good to cover for Miz if he's not there (instead of a singles/triple threat without the title holder.....the ladder stipulation could cover for that) and it would add more dudes on an already long night. I figure they'll do (from the Raw side):

Lesnar/Rollins
Bliss/Asuka
Rousey/Steph?
Hardy/Bray or Hardy & Bray versus someone. (barf)
The Bar versus Hardy & Bray (barf) or Anderson/Gallows and The Revival in a tornado match? or someone else?
Bayley/Banks

That's already 6 matches on their side plus the IC match plus whatever with Brawn and Elias (whether together or separate) plus Cena/UT. There were only 10 matches last year on the main card.

quote:
Originally posted by Paddlefoot
Not your usual Irish smile, I'll grant you......

Knuckleball Schwartz reference by Graves FTW!

Hey, Shane got 'em fixed. Or at least he did a few years ago so maybe he crashed then out again while passing out. He's 60 and I have no idea how.

Flash
The Immortal One

Posts 4558
Registered 4-22-2005
Location Ontario, Canada

Mood:

posted on 2-27-2018 at 09:02 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Caught the Reigns promo and while I think that's probably some of his best work on the mic there's a part of me that wonders if pulling Brock (I'm assuming he didn't just no show) and letting Reigns loose like that is such a good idea.

I'm thinking it's somewhat common knowledge that Lesnar is likely done come WM; and the once upon a time novelty of the Beast seems to be wearing thin based on a lot of board comments... and getting pics with UFC's Dana White while a WWE PPV was going on is a pretty big slap in the face (even if it doesn't correspond hour by hour to the PPV; the weekend is a still a dick move)... kind of feels like a recipe for Brock getting booed like he was back at WM XX...

I will say that the Reigns promo from tonight helped sell their match, and I'm sure he'll do everything he can to bust his ass out there to make the match great... but look at last nights comments... one promo and a bit of truth probably isn't going to stop Reigns from getting booed when his hand is lifted at the end of the night.

It's like Reigns scored a few points tonight, but is still a negative with a lot of fans; and all tonight did was bring Lesnar down more than it helped Reigns.

Of course with all things in wrestling; it will come down to how they follow tonight up.

royberto
I Do Not Know What Words Mean

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

Mood: Troll Detector

posted on 2-27-2018 at 12:37 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DKBroiler
Iím 100% certain Royberto loved that opening segment.
No, because racism is nver OK. But you and the others ignore it because the woman uttering it puts a boner in your shorts. But it is nice to know racism is OK in your book. Gives a picture of what kind of a person you are.

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1791
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 2-27-2018 at 04:43 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Was it my imagination, or was that sneaky Cena trying to gauge our interest in a Wrestlemania matchup between himself and Taker? The mindless marks in the live audience not being considered, the answer is "NO" John!

So he pointed out his failures at the Rumble and at Elimination Chamber. What's next, a third failure at Wrestlemania against a twice beaten Taker? Where in the fuck would that leave his wrestling career? Two options, straight to retirement or a heel turn. Who thinks a heel turn is around the corner? I don't. Looking forward to you wasting our time on Smackdown John!

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4054
Registered 1-22-2013

Mood: Doing the Emma Dance

posted on 2-27-2018 at 05:18 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
I still think there's a lot of fun things he could do. Chasing the IC Title to get the Grand Slam, real run in the tag team division with an oddball partner(Rusev would be guaranteed gold), chasing and obessing over a newer star who has his number,

Targeting Taker almost seems kind of heelish. New guys keep kicking my ass, fuck it I'll go after an over the hill legend to get an easy win at Wrestlemania.

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 2-27-2018 at 08:03 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
I still think there's a lot of fun things he could do. Chasing the IC Title to get the Grand Slam, real run in the tag team division with an oddball partner(Rusev would be guaranteed gold), chasing and obessing over a newer star who has his number,

Targeting Taker almost seems kind of heelish. New guys keep kicking my ass, fuck it I'll go after an over the hill legend to get an easy win at Wrestlemania.
Not if Taker ends up challenging Cena. Remember, he said the company told him the match wouldn't happen. He also back when going against Reigns called Taker "an old man with a broken hip". So, after Cena fails at Fastlane, He comes back to Raw where Taker challenges him to prove to Cena that he can still go. This is where I believe they are going with this. There is no way they tease Cena-Taker that blatantly and not actuallly have the match.

Taker wins at Mania and gets a real send off into retirement.

[Edited on 2-27-2018 by royberto]

Frank Lloyd Wright
Man of a Thousand Holds

Posts 1791
Registered 10-2-2007
Location Fallingwater

Mood: Megalomaniac

posted on 2-27-2018 at 10:27 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by royberto

So, you let Taker leave on a high to wrap up his career, but you flush Cena down the toilet? Again, per my last post, where does that leave Cena (the franchise for the last 15 years plus)? A guy who will have failed for the third time according to his standards.

[Edited on 2-27-2018 by Frank Lloyd Wright]

I have two ambitions in life: one is to drink every pub dry, the other is to sleep with every woman on earth -- Oliver Reed

American architect, interior designer, writer, educator, and wrestling fan.

Count Zero
The Great One

Posts 3264
Registered 1-29-2013
Location Canada East

Mood: DieNoMight

posted on 2-28-2018 at 04:30 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
You cannot reason someone out of a position they didn't use reason to arrive at.

"At this point Brock is so bulletproof, they could fucking crucify him and he would kick out before the third day." -- ulsterphil

royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 2-28-2018 at 09:49 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Lloyd Wright
quote:

So, you let Taker leave on a high to wrap up his career, but you flush Cena down the toilet? Again, per my last post, where does that leave Cena (the franchise for the last 15 years plus)? A guy who will have failed for the third time according to his standards.

[Edited on 2-27-2018 by Frank Lloyd Wright]
Cena's issue right now is just getting a match at Wrestlemania. That will be accomplished by getting challenged by Taker. I'm not flushing Cena down the toilet, especially if they can have a good match.

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4054
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 2-28-2018 at 09:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Honestly, a Taker win makes the most sense. Cena is after glory so finally getting his dream match but coming up short isn't a big deal. Compare that to Taker who'd be coming back just to be a whiny asshole's consolation prize.
royberto

Posts 1259
Registered 2-27-2014

posted on 2-28-2018 at 11:53 PM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by First 9
Honestly, a Taker win makes the most sense. Cena is after glory so finally getting his dream match but coming up short isn't a big deal. Compare that to Taker who'd be coming back just to be a whiny asshole's consolation prize.
Taker would also be coming back to show Cena that he isn't a "old man with a bad hip".

GodEatGod
The Rowdy One

Posts 2463
Registered 1-14-2004
Location Monroe, LA

Mood: Weird

posted on 3-1-2018 at 12:04 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
quote:

Taker would also be coming back to show Cena that he isn't a "old man with a bad hip".

Except he is, which is why he shouldn't come back.

"It is an impressively arrogant move to conclude that just because you don't like something, it is empirically not good. I don't like Chinese food, but I don't write articles trying to prove it doesn't exist." - Tina Fey

First 9
The Immortal One

Posts 4054
Registered 1-22-2013

posted on 3-1-2018 at 12:35 AM Edit Post Reply With Quote
Now that I caught up with the whole show, are there any thoughts on the fact that Mickie was randomly turned heel?
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top